• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

This is the first Set Item that has ever dropped for me :D

The Dex roll is low and the random roll seems quite bad but, hopefully, the 2 sockets will mean some cash. To the AH!

Those always have two sockets. I've been keeping an eye on that item on the US AH, there's always a ton of them with similar stats, market seems to be pretty consistent at 9-10 million on the bottom, so you should be able to sell for that which isn't bad at all.

Keikaku

Those always have two sockets. I've been keeping an eye on that item on the US AH, there's always a ton of them with similar stats, market seems to be pretty consistent at 9-10 million on the bottom, so you should be able to sell for that which isn't bad at all.
Yeah, I checked and edited it out :p

I'll see what I can get. 9 mil is nothing to sneeze at in any way :)

Dahbomb

Found my second set item ever and it's even a useful one, Zunimassa's boots, right before I wanted to quit, pissed off by not getting anything useful for days upon days.
The D3 effect. The game has a 6th sense for when you are about to quit and then drops something on you.

Has happened to me 3 times already. The game KNOWS things...

Found my second set item ever and it's even a useful one, Zunimassa's boots, right before I wanted to quit, pissed off by not getting anything useful for days upon days.

mmj4M.png

No idea what they're worth, but since I'm a WD and they're (much) better than my old ones I'll keep them. I never would've been able to afford them anyway.

Just out of curiosity, what MP are you playing on and what's your Paragon level/MF? I've seen a few people mention having dry spells post-1.05 and that's been very different from my experience.

Man I have had some good luck since yesterday, found and sold a Wailing Host for 25mil and now I just found this

ibshe9S7kRPK3A.jpg

All from mp1 paragon 13 and no MF gear.

kennah

I had a long dryspell, but then the last two days have been amazing. Starting with the Immortal King's Reign from the other page on Act I MP2 on my fifth stack and only about 150 MF.

Then yesterday I got two (not great) Legendaries in the same run, and an amazing Amulet.

7.5 Crit Chance
53 % Crit Damage
+16% life
+some amount of damage.

One of the Lengendaries was with 1 stack.

M.D

I had a long dryspell, but then the last two days have been amazing. Starting with the Immortal King's Reign from the other page on Act I MP2 on my fifth stack and only about 150 MF.

Then yesterday I got two (not great) Legendaries in the same run, and an amazing Amulet.

7.5 Crit Chance
53 % Crit Damage
+16% life
+some amount of damage.

One of the Lengendaries was with 1 stack.

lol

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday! I posted that armor on the last page ,or the one before it. I was playing with a friend in Act 1 MP2 with my new DH which doesn't really have MF gear or paragon levels. I had 151 MF when I found it.

How much did you manage to get for your one? Put mine for 300 bid with 1B buyout
There are currently two with active bids that have better stats than mine, all the rest are priced at prices between 600M-1.4B. I hope once they end I'll be able to get a bid from someone..

kennah

Yours is waaay better than mine. I listed it for 150 yesterday, but haven't checked to see if it got any bites. It has life regen as the bonus stat (yours has a double roll in VIT, which is crazy good).

I updated my monk. A little haphazardly and a bit of penny-pinching but it's much better than before. I'm lacking VIT though and could use a little bit more Resist but life generation is pretty sweet now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

If I were you I would sell the Inna's belt. The .33 spirit generation is lame as the third set bonus. You have the inna's helm so you keep the 130 to dex too. You can get a lot of life on a belt.

My belt has 140 Dex, 50AR, 50ARCAne, 60VIT and 12% life and cost me 11m. Gems are cheap too so if you have any money left over from that sale I would upgrade all those as well.

Dahbomb

What's a good Monk belt to have? I think I can get by with a rare belt. Only real option would be a super expensive Witching Hour.

Shouta

If I were you I would sell the Inna's belt. The .33 spirit generation is lame as the third set bonus. You have the inna's helm so you keep the 130 to dex too. You can get a lot of life on a belt.

My belt has 140 Dex, 50AR, 50ARCAne, 60VIT and 12% life and cost me 11m. Gems are cheap too so if you have any money left over from that sale I would upgrade all those as well.

Good thing that was the cheapest item I got. It was like 200k because some guy put it up for the wrong price, lol.

Money wise, I'm still ok. After all of those upgrades, i still have 110 mil. That Bul-Kathos gave me 200 mil and I spent quite a bit on these and upgrades for my WD and Monk

eek5

What's a good Monk belt to have? I think I can get by with a rare belt. Only real option would be a super expensive Witching Hour.

Rare belt is one of the best if you go for 2 piece innas since you lose so much vit/resis compared to going w/ rare pants. I'm using this right now. I think I got it for ~24m

nxfcT.png

Witching hour is good if you can afford it. A 50dex 50vit WH raises my dps by 9.4k but would drop my ehp by 71k (-15%)

Other than the bolded I'm not sure there is one. Even then a good witcthing hour (one with AR) has it's drawbacks. It won't give you the life that a good rare belt will.

Though I guess this is entirely based on how you've geared your character. Maybe you hvae a ton of life on your sholders and bracers and can give up life on your belt.

If I wanted to get a good WH, I would probably have to give up my Vile Ward for a yellow piece with more life.

Good thing that was the cheapest item I got. It was like 200k because some guy put it up for the wrong price, lol.

Money wise, I'm still ok. After all of those upgrades, i still have 110 mil. That Bul-Kathos gave me 200 mil and I spent quite a bit on these and upgrades for my WD and Monk

If that's the case I would also look for some icewalkers for your boots. I just sold my icewalkers for 35M. They may run you anywhere from 35-50m. However ... they had:

215 Dex
90 VIT
12% LIfe
75 AR
SOC (for more dex)

That coupled with a different belt should bring you a ton of life and more dex. With boots like that and a new belt you could probably start to swap out some of those purple gems for greens too.

MrDaravon

I don't know a lot about monks at high level, but is the Inna belt not the one to go for if you're a monk? If not, the only other one that comes immediately to mind is the Witching Hour :/

Dahbomb

Inna's Belt is ass because it doesn't give you enough defensive bonuses to make the offensive bonuses worthwhile. There is no real point in going for the Inna set past 2 pieces. The pants are great, they may not give much defensive bonuses but their make up in their offensive bonuses plus movement speed bonus. The Helm is at least as good as any other rare Helm plus it allows you to get the dex bonus. The chest is alright but not a requirement. The weapon is meh.

The Inna set doesn't give you defensive bonuses which is what the set really needs to give to a Monk. It gives you paltry resource generation stats instead (0.33 spirit per second? Fuck that shit).

I don't know a lot about monks at high level, but is the Inna belt not the one to go for if you're a monk? If not, the only other one that comes immediately to mind is the Witching Hour :/

Generally speaking ... monk set items blow. They all lack AR as a standard stat (cause we know monks in end-game don't need resistances) and a few of the pieces lack vit. Which leaves everything up to the "random stat" affixes to bring up the value. The pants (probably the best piece in our set) lack any vit if you get them with a resistance. This also drives up the price on good set pieces because not many of them have good levels of AR / VIT and the ones that do are pricey.

Inna's Belt is ass because it doesn't give you enough defensive bonuses to make the offensive bonuses worthwhile. There is no real point in going for the Inna set past 2 pieces. The pants are great, they may not give much defensive bonuses but their make up in their offensive bonuses plus movement speed bonus. The Helm is at least as good as any other rare Helm plus it allows you to get the dex bonus. The chest is alright but not a requirement. The weapon is meh.

The Inna set doesn't give you defensive bonuses which is what the set really needs to give to a Monk. It gives you paltry resource generation stats instead (0.33 spirit per second? Fuck that shit).

This ... 1000x this. Why they give us a useless .33 spirit per second isntead of 130 AR. The 4th set bonus is stupid too. It's not like I'm spamming Sweeping Wind. I put it up and forget about it until the battle ends.

eek5

Inna's full set is pretty bad. You lose way too much potential vit/res along the way. You can make it work but it means getting really expensive inna pieces w/ allres (since most of them can't roll double res) and then getting expensive pieces in other places to make up for all the shit that inna lacks.

The sweeping wind is a decent bonus but how often do you really starve to maintain SW? I can build the spirit necessary to maintain it in a couple of seconds. 10 life/spirit is OK but it doesn't scale well with MP at all. I mean you're using, what, 15-20 spirit per second max? That's only 200 life/sec. You could just get that on your chest/belt instead of getting the full inna set. Now if you wanted to give me 2-3 spirit/sec, serenity CD reduction, life steal, or 60 life/spirit bonuses I'd consider doing it despite the downsides.

Dahbomb

The SW bonus is fucking useless. You are playing the Monk wrong if you find that you aren't able to keep it up for enough time. Like Fender said, you put it on once and then you go to town. LPSS only becomes useful/noticeable at 50-60+ range.

If Blizzard is serious about buffing Monk then they should take a hard look at the Inna set.

I would say they should do the following to Inna's:

2 set: 130 Dexterity
3 set: 130 All res
4 set: 60 LPSS AND 1.5 spirit/sec
5 set: Gain 10 spirit on Crits, increase max spirit by 50 and reduce cool down of all Monk spells by 10%

Plus give the Chest All res roll guaranteed with a guaranteed secondary res and put a guaranteed life steal and all res roll on the belt. That would be a good start.

eek5

The SW bonus is fucking useless. You are playing the Monk wrong if you find that you aren't able to keep it up for enough time. Like Fender said, you put it on once and then you go to town.

If Blizzard is serious about buffing Monk then they should take a hard look at the Inna set.

I think the only reason it is designed this way is for tempest rush builds. I can really see no other reason to reduce SW cost. I mean it's pretty expensive right now but for regular monks it doesn't even matter especially since spirit doesn't degen like fury.

The SW bonus is fucking useless. You are playing the Monk wrong if you find that you aren't able to keep it up for enough time. Like Fender said, you put it on once and then you go to town.

What's even funnier about this, is that in the recent PTR monk thread on battle.net a blue stated they think the monk uses boring skills to increase our damage. They want is moving around more. They stated flat out they think sweeping wind is a boring skill. So why make it a part of the set piece?

Shouta

Does the LpSS scale with the after cost or before? Because if it's the before spirit cost, it'd make SW a great skill to spam to get HP from your Spirit, lol.

Anyway, replaced my belt and boots with some Ice Climbers. 20m on the boots is killer though woof.

Dahbomb

What's even funnier about this, is that in the recent PTR monk thread on battle.net a blue stated they think the monk uses boring skills to increase our damage. They want is moving around more. They stated flat out they think sweeping wind is a boring skill. So why make it a part of the set piece?
Sweeping Wind - Cyclone nerf in coming.

Prepare yourselves.

I actually think SW is a great skill but the problem is that it has become boring because EVERY Monk uses it. The way that you used Sweeping Wind (fire version) to create a ring that reduced damage of enemies with Resolve was a nice application of the move. Cyclone is just too good once your crits are high.

Tom Penny

Monk is silly. Too me you either run cyclone build or you run " rock the bells " using some life per spirit spent weapons using Wave of Light as you health gainer and spam it running fist of thunder quickening to generate spirit. I like my monk but if sweeping wind gets nerfed..Blizzard can fuck off. Every monk " skill " is nearly hot garbage except for the ones everyone uses.

Shouta

Monk is silly. Too me you either run cyclone build or you run " rock the bells " using some life per spirit spent weapons using Wave of Light as you health gainer and spam it running fist of thunder quickening to generate spirit. I like my monk but if sweeping wind gets nerfed..Blizzard can fuck off. Every monk " skill " is nearly hot garbage except for the ones everyone uses.

Yeah, most of the other skills don't do enough damage or can't be used fast enough to produce the damage that you need to kill the harder enemies. Lashing Tail Kick is ok but the animation doesn't speed up with IAS, I think. Dashing Strike has shit damage and can't be used except on enemies making it not as useful for moving around stuff. Exploding Palm is ok but could do more damage. Mystic Ally and Cyclone Strike are useless at the moment. Crippling Wave and Deadly Reach aren't as good anymore and they're too slow to use especially compared to FoT and WotHF

Talaysen

Well if they nerf Cyclone and buff other things to match, that would be okay.

Not holding my breath. Even when they try to do that, it usually doesn't work (hello wizard changes, all of them).

Dahbomb

If they nerf cyclone then people will start using SW- Bladestorm which is a very respectable skill to have. I use to run that when I had low crit and it got the job done, when that thing is running on 3 stacks with Overawe the damage adds up fast.

Wow

IK belts sank like a rock. I just found one with perfect res and life steal and got all excited. Turns out no one taking 1m bids on them lol

It was the low strength roll though

Shouta

Blade Storm was the go to SW before Crit chance started being more common. The Fire one was pretty good with a Maximus too. I was running that before I upgraded. Need to return the Maximus to Rentahamster whenever he gets interested in D3 again.

Keikaku

Is there anyone here who's interested in power-leveling alts? Anyone at all? Everyone of my friends prefers grinding inferno :(

Unrelated but goddamnit, this could have been awesome:
nSsaL.jpg

Is there anyone here who's interested in power-leveling alts? Anyone at all? Everyone of my friends prefers grinding inferno :(

I'd like to finish my Wizard shes at 35 this weekend. Juices#1991. I might not be on tonight but tomorrow night looks good. EST8PM+

I'd also like to start up my Barb whos a 9 right now.

Keikaku

I'd like to finish my Wizard shes at 35 this weekend. Juices#1991. I might not be on tonight but tomorrow night looks good. EST8PM+

I'd also like to start up my Barb whos a 9 right now.
We can do the Hell Act 3 on MP10 run a bunch. Should take about 3-4 hours apparently. I'd like to get my level 12 Wiz up to 60.

I'll add you.

pompidu

Man I have had some good luck since yesterday, found and sold a Wailing Host for 25mil and now I just found this

ibshe9S7kRPK3A.jpg

All from mp1 paragon 13 and no MF gear.
Nice. I'm Para 14 with 100mf to start and been farming mp1 and gotten nothing but junk Legendaries. All my gear has been auction house. Been waiting for my jackpot moment but it's getting frustrating. I'm at 1.4 mil gold and that's from farming a huge amount of time. Still waiting for my first set piece to drop.

Demy

Ok so I started playing again after about a month or more and I'd like to know how good my monk has aged. Am I now bottom tier gear wise?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/djblakblak-1937/Keiwan/7685024

I bought 2 items today. The echoing to replace my old 900dps won khim and a tzo kirn to replace my legacy Andy's. For some reason B.net isn't updating and showing my new helm. Does it no longer update on logout?

I only have 4.7m. Can I get any meaningful upgrades with that?

I mean I literally died so many times I became gearless. I just ran around sponging damage while everyone else had fun!

Kuhle one shot me and it moved way too fast to dodge...kinda BS attack imo.

Really wish you could paint legendaries hating the way my Andariels looks would love a pink one though with big pink Vile Ward shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom