• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
itt4F.jpg

My first post patch legendary. But I've only played maybe a half an hour or so haha

Rufus

I've checked Diabloprogress for top DPS Barbs and there are a few in the top ten who use that thing. For whatever reason they're all Korean, too. Is there a pun in the name? Surely fear on hit can't be what makes it worth having.
Yours doesn't have a socket, which diminishes it's value, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got more for it than for an equivalent rare with the above in mind.

eek5

+0.xx attacks per second applies to your off-hand as well so you end up increasing your attacks per second by a sizable amount. I personally find the fear to be really annoying but if you're playing at a level where you one shot everything then it doesn't matter.

I've checked Diabloprogress for top DPS Barbs and there are a few in the top ten who use that thing. For whatever reason they're all Korean, too. Is there a pun in the name? Surely fear on hit can't be what makes it worth having.
Yours doesn't have a socket, which diminishes it's value, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got more for it than for an equivalent rare with the above in mind.

Yeah I actually didn't even look it up in the auction house yet. Got caught up doing other stuff. Stats looked meh to me, but then again, I'm pretty much strictly DH :)

FaidSint

Just did a Siegebreaker thru Azmodan run. Got a whole bunch of rares to ID, but likely garbage. I did however find these:

1ctO3.png

The WD knife looks pretty garbage by the DPS but IDK, I've never played WD.

Seems like a solid roll on the Andy's, but nothing to write home about. See if I can get anything for it.

EDIT: Upon checking AH, both are garbage. Now I'm sad.

Shouta

Finally got a set for the Infernal Machine. Now to do it. If anyone wants to join me for a MP4-5 run, send me a friend invite at Shouta#1258

Rufus

+0.xx attacks per second applies to your off-hand as well so you end up increasing your attacks per second by a sizable amount. I personally find the fear to be really annoying but if you're playing at a level where you one shot everything then it doesn't matter.
Ooooh, I see... Hmmm.

Keikaku

Man those tree seeds are fucked, worse than Molten and Plague.
Reflect damage is what always gets me. I normally spam the Charging Zombies with the Bear rune and it can come back to bite me hard if I get hit on a pack of Reflect Elites.

I have learned how to dance around my limitations a bit though, so it's all good :D

M.D

I was going to wait until my chest piece sells and I could afford better gear, but I just said fuck it and bought Inna's Temperance and Natalya's Bloody Footprints. I saw Inna's Favor for 699K that was just posted, but someone else got it before I did

I'm actually not sure if I want to go for Inna's Favor. I will get more DPS, but I will lose the 102VIT on my belt, and I'm at 26K (and I'm using perfectionist. My AR is also pretty low with the lowest being 282). I also put 2 Star Amethysts in my chest (they go for 450K, less than it costs to make them lol)

I really have no idea where to go from here =P I'm sitting at 77K DPS, 45 crit chance, 411 crit damage without steady aim or sharpshooter
I still have 17M. I could upgrade my DPS, but will probably lose a lot of health doing so.

I've been having some fun runs with gaf crew tonight and last night!

Thanks for the games guys~ You're all awesome! ^^

Edit: Just sniped this awesome Manticore off of AH for 35 mill literally seconds after it was put up. (Most likely worth between 60-100mill)
nJ3Dt.png

M.D

I've been having some fun runs with gaf crew tonight and last night!

Thanks for the games guys~ You're all awesome! ^^

Edit: Just sniped this awesome Manticore off of AH for 35 mill literally seconds after it was put up. (Most likely worth between 60-100mill)
nJ3Dt.png

I will give my soul in exchange for that Manticore

kennah

Screenshot078.jpg

Got this last night and put it up on the AH this morning for 8million no buyout. Of course, I did a much better less tired search this morning and it looks like it's worth closer to 50! It's sitting at 11million this morning with 1d2h left, so hopefully tonight and tomorrow morning it gets bid up!

Screenshot079.jpg

Also had this drop, but no idea how to price it. Tried at 15million and got no takers.

butts

I found probably the worst possible roll on a Sever unique sword last night. Is it best to just salvage it and hang on to the materials? Are you guaranteed brimstone on a >60 legendary?

eek5

hey guys im on inferno with a barbarian and im struggling to survive, could some guys please look at my profile on link and give guidance to armors and skills that need changing please

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ashley278-1524/hero/19059367

Two immediate upgrades I'd do:

Look for 170 str / vit/ 50res shoulders. Everyone wants vile wards so these don't sell at all and should be dirt cheap. On US these are 5000 gold:

GznHC.png

Dump the movement speed. I know everyone says to get it but it's also expensive. You can get 150 str /vit / 50res boots for 50k on US. Same stat boots w/ 12MS are 10mil LOL

M.D

DH is fucking expensive.
I invested maybe... 6-8 million in my WD where I'm at 58K (I also use things I found, some I swap between the two characters)

I invested in my DH.. let's see:

Inna's Temperance - 9-11M (can't remember exactly)
Natalya's Embrace - 2.9M
Natalya's Bloody Footprints - 8.9M
Manticore - 4M
Andariel's Visage - 900K

= 25.7M

Not to mention gems I crafted or bought. Then there's a couple of rings and maybe an amulet I bought for couple hundred thousand.
I get to 77K without steady aim or sharpshooter, but that's with my friend Dead Man's Legacy. If I use my quiver (which he also gave me lol), I get to 67K (and a lot less health)

I also use a couple of items like gloves and shoulders that friends gave me, so it could have been even more expensive.

DH is fucking expensive.

Nice. I'm Para 14 with 100mf to start and been farming mp1 and gotten nothing but junk Legendaries. All my gear has been auction house. Been waiting for my jackpot moment but it's getting frustrating. I'm at 1.4 mil gold and that's from farming a huge amount of time. Still waiting for my first set piece to drop.

Your time will come, just got another set piece and a legendary, best chance of drops is act 3 because of the amount of mobs there, that's where my items are dropping.

I feel like my d3 luck is insane, I was getting loads of legendary gear back near launch and its just continuing.

FaidSint

I'm thinking about trying an MP3 ACT 3 or ACT 4 run with my Monk. I've just been doing Pub runs so I haven't tried MP a lot, so I wanted to give it a chance.

Anyone interested in joining? Brisk pace, but also not a full on FAST FAST KILL KILL run, more of just a quick way through, kill everything and forge ahead.

Gonna start probably around 12 noon EST, add me at FaidSint#1586 if you are interested in this or future runs. (Low paragon level, just got back into the game)

Hey guys, I just recently started playing again with the patch. I know my DH gear is pretty shit, but I'm not sure what I should upgrade to first. I only have about 1.8 mil to use, and was thinking of just farming until I had enough for a good Dead Man's Legacy. Any tips as to what I should go for first? I usually solo and have been doing MP2 Butcher runs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurningNad-1515/hero/2920753

Gloves need crit % at the very least ... maybe upgrade that gem in your bow. I couldn't even sell a quiver on the AH the other day stats like yours but with crit %, so look into a cheap quiver as well.

inky

I reached Paragon level 10 in MP 2 yesterday and still have got no legendary after 1.0.4.

This game is testing my patience =/

M.D

I just bought a Skorn for my WD, but completely forget about the attack speed. It took my DPS from 58K to 88K (with other minor upgrades), but the attack speed is so horrible that I just couldn't use it. I know you could probably get some of it back with other items, but that mean start searching for items like rings or amulet with attack speeds, which makes it way more expensive, and I'm not really investing in my WD right now.

I hope I can get at least the amount I paid for it back =/

Revoh

I just bought a Skorn for my WD, but completely forget about the attack speed. It took my DPS from 58K to 88K (with other minor upgrades), but the attack speed is so horrible that I just couldn't use it. I know you could probably get some of it back with other items, but that mean start searching for items like rings or amulet with attack speeds, which makes it way more expensive, and I'm not really investing in my WD right now.

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I've found a Skorn a few days ago, got a nice DPS boost on my WW barb but the attack speed really sucks, and 1 attack per second just doesn't cut it for this build. I'd have spent more in the end changing my gloves, rings and amulet to IAS instead of getting two really good 1H weapons and keeping my current jewelry.

Rufus

DOTs really shine with slow two-handers though. If I had a good Skorn for my Barb I'd be as happy as a pig in dirt. The 1.2k DPS, 1600 Life on Hit, 190 CritDmg, +socket rare axe I swing around is pretty decent though. :D

FaidSint

I actually just picked up a cheap Skorn for my Monk. THE DPS boost was huge (like 15k) over my 2 1 handed's, but I did notice I'm attack a lot slower. Is this bad? I'm not sure whats lost in attack speed if DPS is high.

kennah

It mostly has to do with skills that rely on attack speed. A WD for example wouldn't be able to shoot Poison Darts as fast, or spam Bears as quickly.

What is the bonus xp cap ? I can't go past 289.6% when I should be at 290%. (200% from MP10 in norma, + 25% from the head gem, +30% from the Cain set and finally 35% from the hell fire ring)

also, +160xp per mob hehe

Another question : is the Triumvirat elemental dmg stack is still bugged ?

Shouta

I actually just picked up a cheap Skorn for my Monk. THE DPS boost was huge (like 15k) over my 2 1 handed's, but I did notice I'm attack a lot slower. Is this bad? I'm not sure whats lost in attack speed if DPS is high.

If you rely on Life on Hit, then you're losing a bit of healing power.

You lose spirit and LOH regeneration if you're attacking slower. People who use 2H weapons often run with Guardians Path passive for the extra spirit regeneration.

EDIT: beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom