• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDenny

Did diablo 3 fry my computer?
I went to patch diablo and pressed play, then my screen scrambled.
I tried turning it back on but nothing will display.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Did diablo 3 fry my computer?
I went to patch diablo and pressed play, then my screen scrambled.
I tried turning it back on but nothing will display.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Sounds like what recently happened to me. I would bet it's your video card. Is it old?

MrDaravon

Just got a The Inquisitor; goddamn what a useless cloak.

Also I found this:

ImCdM.jpg

The only thing that has at all comparable item stats (I'm ignoring the Int) is listed at a 350k buyout but has about 300 less damage and I don't play a Barb so I have no idea how much this is actually worth. Should I just toss it up at like a million with no buyout and see what happens?

Hesemonni

Banned
Also I found this:

http://i.imgur.com/ImCdM.jpg[IMG]

The only thing that has at all comparable item stats (I'm ignoring the Int) is listed at a 350k buyout but has about 300 less damage and I don't play a Barb so I have no idea how much this is actually worth. Should I just toss it up at like a million with no buyout and see what happens?[/QUOTE]
...or sell it to a vendor where it belongs.

MrDaravon

I have no idea, the DPS seems low but I couldn't find anything at all similar on the AH other than one other thing that was significantly lower. I don't play a barb so I'm not sure if the LOH + Life Steal + the slot makes up for anything or not. I'll just toss it up on the AH with no buyout and see what happens.

Edit: I put it up at 500k with no buyout just to see what happens. I'm hardly worried about it, just slightly weirded out that there's basically nothing comparable to it on the AH regardless of value.

Celegus

Just got a The Inquisitor; goddamn what a useless cloak.

Also I found this:

http://i.imgur.com/ImCdM.jpg

The only thing that has at all comparable item stats (I'm ignoring the Int) is listed at a 350k buyout but has about 300 less damage and I don't play a Barb so I have no idea how much this is actually worth. Should I just toss it up at like a million with no buyout and see what happens?

I'd be surprised if you could get 100 or 200k for that. The LoH is low, barbs aren't too into 2H mighty weapons, dps is low, no crit damage... sorry, not really a winner.

lordy88

Hey guys,

Just found this in MP3 (Us server):

tEM7c.jpg

I'm gonna put it up on the AH, but I'd rather sell it to someone on GAF. Not sure how much to put it up for though. Anyway, if someone wants to buy it, post here or PM me.

IlludiumQ36

DH is fucking expensive.
I invested maybe... 6-8 million in my WD where I'm at 58K (I also use things I found, some I swap between the two characters)

I invested in my DH.. let's see:

Inna's Temperance - 9-11M (can't remember exactly)
Natalya's Embrace - 2.9M
Natalya's Bloody Footprints - 8.9M
Manticore - 4M
Andariel's Visage - 900K

= 25.7M

Not to mention gems I crafted or bought. Then there's a couple of rings and maybe an amulet I bought for couple hundred thousand.
I get to 77K without steady aim or sharpshooter, but that's with my friend Dead Man's Legacy. If I use my quiver (which he also gave me lol), I get to 67K (and a lot less health)

I also use a couple of items like gloves and shoulders that friends gave me, so it could have been even more expensive.

DH is fucking expensive.

They can be if you're going the instant gratification route.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/1668575

Total price = the cost of crafting 5 star emeralds(2,500,000g)

Every item save the Xbow (1.02, Act I), was farmed post-1.04.

kennah

Click Auction House
Click "Sell"
Right click the Ring and click "Find Similar Items"
Price accordingly.

lordy88

Click Auction House
Click "Sell"
Right click the Ring and click "Find Similar Items"
Price accordingly.

There isn't a ring like this one.

Not with dual crit, 70+ res all, magic find, and both dex and vit.

Besides, I'd rather sell to a GAF member than some faceless rich dude via the AH.

kennah

I'd remove MF to get a baseline, then add a bunch. Since someone searching for that ring wouldn't be searching for Magic Find most like anyway, but might like it as a nice bonus.

There isn't a ring like this one.

Not with dual crit, 70+ res all, magic find, and both dex and vit.

Besides, I'd rather sell to a GAF member than some faceless rich dude via the AH.

Low ball to see if there's a comparable. Lower the RA to 60 and consider getting rid of the MF. Check the prices. I'm sure you'll find more. Then think about how someone would value your item more than the lower comparables.

Also ... make sure you lower the ring level to 58 as a base when searching. Level 58/59/60/61/62 rings are all capable of rolling those stats now and you're most likely missing two levels in your search.

I'd remove MF to get a baseline, then add a bunch. Since someone searching for that ring wouldn't be searching for Magic Find most like anyway, but might like it as a nice bonus.

This.

Though ... I'm not really sure, but has the MF market gone down since 1.0.5. It seem like the inclusion of MP levels would encourage people to build stronger characters to affect MF that way instead of on gear.

Sigmaah

To all the WD's out there, how expensive is it to gear one up. Currently leveling one up now and I'm gonna need some help when I get gold.

larvi

For all DH's out there, how much HP do you guys run with? I'm trying to balance hp vs dps right now and having trouble finding a sweet spot. I can gear anywhere from 168k dps (w/o ss) with 28.5K hp to 75k dps / 75k hp. I had been running aroun 38k HP which seemed to work well for me but I found/bought some dps upgrades that cost me some vit and while the extra damage is nice I tend to die more. The 75k hp I mainly use for the uber boss runs so I can stay alive and not be one shotted by everything.

sleepykyo

Hey guys,

Just found this in MP3 (Us server):

tEM7c.jpg

I'm gonna put it up on the AH, but I'd rather sell it to someone on GAF. Not sure how much to put it up for though. Anyway, if someone wants to buy it, post here or PM me.

That's an amazing ring for monks and DHs.

On that note, has the ring market crashed yet? I got a ring that jumped my dps 10k but gave up 7% life and 60AR so my barb got really fragile.

Talaysen

What is the bonus xp cap ? I can't go past 289.6% when I should be at 290%. (200% from MP10 in norma, + 25% from the head gem, +30% from the Cain set and finally 35% from the hell fire ring)

also, +160xp per mob hehe

Another question : is the Triumvirat elemental dmg stack is still bugged ?

I don't think there is a bonus EXP cap, but there's some weird bug that looks like rounding errors. I'll sometimes have 0.1% less than what I should have. I'm not sure if the EXP I actually get is wrong or not, though.

And what do you mean by bugged? In that it only works on physical weapon damage? I think that's still the case, but I haven't tested it out. I'm using a physical weapon now for that reason, but if it works with other weapons that would be nice to know since that would make getting an upgrade way easier!

Also, I'm not sure if it's even a bug. It might be by design. If it is that is some stupid design.

Wallach

For all DH's out there, how much HP do you guys run with? I'm trying to balance hp vs dps right now and having trouble finding a sweet spot. I can gear anywhere from 168k dps (w/o ss) with 28.5K hp to 75k dps / 75k hp. I had been running aroun 38k HP which seemed to work well for me but I found/bought some dps upgrades that cost me some vit and while the extra damage is nice I tend to die more. The 75k hp I mainly use for the uber boss runs so I can stay alive and not be one shotted by everything.

I try to stay at least 35k HP with Perfectionist. I'm DW'ing right now (Calamity & Danetta's Spite) so it should be even easier to hit a number like that with a Dead Man's Legacy or some other quiver with Vit. I suppose it depends more on what MP you are doing your standard farming runs on; even doing stuff like high MP or ubers I wouldn't sacrifice any DPS for HP above 50k.

FaidSint

So I built my Monk a Magic Find set for when I'm doing runs, but I'm not sure if the extra MF is worth more than the HP/DPS I'm losing. I've just been doing Pub inferno runs so I haven't really been dying or anything, so I like to think the MF is worth it, but I wonder if it wouldn't be worth just sticking with my good gear instead of the MF. Or splitting it down the middle.

Basically with 5 stacks and my MF gear I have nearly exactly 300 MF, but only like 35k HP and 30k DPS (monk). With my non MF gear I have about 50k HP, 50k DPS. (I'm still working on getting that DPS up there, I'm not happy with it yet, but that's beside the point.)

I actually haven't really checked what my MF would be at with 5 stacks without my MF gear, but I have to imagine its a lot lower. But seeing as how most of my Rare drops come from the Elites 5 Stacks bonus, is the MF really doing that much?

MrDaravon

Pre 1.0.4 I had a high GF/MF set that I could run act 1 comfortably with, but nothing past that. Personally I think that with Paragon levels and MP in play now MF/GF is a nice bonus, but nothing I would intentionally build up or trade out other stats for.

MrDaravon

Sweet, found a Unity ring that might be worth something. Since I switched to making act 3 runs today I'm getting way better stuff. It's weird though, I'm keeping it on MP2 since that's pretty easy mode, but Act 3 on MP2 is actually easier for me than act 1 or 2 which is bizarre.

And I found a Three Hundreth Spear not 2 minutes later. Most of them have been garbage, but I've probably found 10 Legendaries today on MP2 in Act 3, crazy.

eek5

To all the WD's out there, how expensive is it to gear one up. Currently leveling one up now and I'm gonna need some help when I get gold.

I don't know how this does at higher MP since I haven't played WD much but I got to this point w/ less than 10 mil if you don't count the prowlers. Pants were a drop in 1.0.3 so don't count that either.

I actually have some regular bracers that only drop me 2k dps that were 50k so theres that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

87k dps 600 ar, 3.3k armor

1357 life/sec and 2.5% life steal. no loh.. couldn't work it in anywhere. Most expensive pieces for me were Tal's chest at 3.5m, Vile Ward at 2m, Weapon at 1m, mojo at 1m. Helm was 500k. I think the belt, rings, ammy, gloves, rings, and boots were all under 100k.

Sweet, found a Unity ring that might be worth something. Since I switched to making act 3 runs today I'm getting way better stuff. It's weird though, I'm keeping it on MP2 since that's pretty easy mode, but Act 3 on MP2 is actually easier for me than act 1 or 2 which is bizarre.

And I found a Three Hundreth Spear not 2 minutes later. Most of them have been garbage, but I've probably found 10 Legendaries today on MP2 in Act 3, crazy.

A1 and A2 are scaling enemies up levels THEN also scaling them w/ MP. So you go from monster level 61 to 63 then get way more hp/damage in A1 for example. A3 mp0 is super easy so it gets scaled up and is still easier.

I don't think there is a bonus EXP cap, but there's some weird bug that looks like rounding errors. I'll sometimes have 0.1% less than what I should have. I'm not sure if the EXP I actually get is wrong or not, though.

And what do you mean by bugged? In that it only works on physical weapon damage? I think that's still the case, but I haven't tested it out. I'm using a physical weapon now for that reason, but if it works with other weapons that would be nice to know since that would make getting an upgrade way easier!

Also, I'm not sure if it's even a bug. It might be by design. If it is that is some stupid design.

Yes, I heard the three affixes 6% of elementals damage where stacking to one big physical damage pool and you should use a " black " weapon to get the full bonus (yeah, it is as stupid as it sound because nothing points it out and it really seems like a bug)

MrDaravon

A1 and A2 are scaling enemies up levels THEN also scaling them w/ MP. So you go from monster level 61 to 63 then get way more hp/damage in A1 for example. A3 mp0 is super easy so it gets scaled up and is still easier.

Ohhhh, I don't think I realized that. When MP got introduced I figured since everything got bumped up to 63 when MP is on I just assumed going back to Act 1 (which was obviously always the easiest) would be best in that regard. Derp. That's what I get for not reading and just looking at the chart.

Talaysen

Yes, I heard the three affixes 6% of elementals damage where stacking to one big physical damage pool and you should use a " black " weapon to get the full bonus (yeah, it is as stupid as it sound because nothing points it out and it really seems like a bug)

Just went and checked. Found a weapon on the auction house that is slightly better than the one I'm using (took out my gem for a fair comparison) but with fire damage instead of physical damage. Comparison tooltip says that that weapon would lower my damage when I have the Triumvirate equipped. If I remove the Triumvirate, it would increase my damage.

So yeah, that seems to be how it works.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Blade Storm was the go to SW before Crit chance started being more common. The Fire one was pretty good with a Maximus too. I was running that before I upgraded. Need to return the Maximus to Rentahamster whenever he gets interested in D3 again.

lol.

XCOM has consumed me.

I'm fairly confident the difficulty in that game is not going to get nerfed. I love pain.

Svafnir

So I had the idea to lure all the worms in Act 3 - Arreat Crater Level 1 to one single area for a giant worm apocalypse. Unfortunately the map does not spawn a lot of worms, so it was not as cool as I thought it would be. But here is the video link anyway - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vh6qHNA74

I also made a Legendary light show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t9Z8yms-1E

Basically I am a little bit bored of grinding right now and trying to find other fun things to do :p Can't wait for PvP!

MrDaravon

Did an act 3 run and got 4 Legendaries on MP3, goddamn. Two were vendor trash, and I miiiight be able to get like 400k for the other two, but still. I did find this though as well:

cmgoB.jpg

Not a whole lot like it on the AH, tossed it up for a few million with a super high buyout just to see what happens. I hate pricing stuff like that since you don't want to undercut yourself, but you want to sell it :/

larvi

Anyone up for helping me out with an uber run? I have 3 machines ready to go. Larvi#1905 on US server. Still trying to get a decent hellfire ring, the 1st one I made was garbage.\\

Edit - thanks to eek, karupt and escaping jail for helping out. rng wasn't helping me out, only got 1 organ in 6 tries and it wasn't the one I needed for a new ring. Time to farm some more keys. I did find some blackthorne pants though so it wasn't a complete bust.

DTKT

What is the general consensus on farming runs? A friend and me are running ACT1 MP3 with the standard run.

Are we better off with ACT 3 with maybe MP2 max? I'm not exactly sure how MF and monster levels scale with the ACT and Monster Power.

Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom