• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow780

Haha man, trying to help my friend get the Act 4 plan, 5 runs on MP3. I got the plan EVERY single time and she didn't. This game knows how to troll.

Got a Stormshield though, do people still buy those?

Haha man, trying to help my friend get the Act 4 plan, 5 runs on MP3. I got the plan EVERY single time and she didn't. This game knows how to troll.

Good to see you finally found it, I managed it too a few nights ago

I hate farming act 2 key the most, and its the one I never get. Coincidence? I think not

ib20T4kZKI285P.png

Found some jewelry today. :D

You're about to go shopping

koji

I've been having a lot of succes last couple of days on the AH, just clicking my gear and dumping the stats in the search box, managed to score 3 upgrades for around 800k buy-out, 1d11h stuff.

chest; 155int, 219vit, 570life/sec, 2 sockets -> 800k :lol (no AR makes it garbage right? ;-))
pants; 161int, 249vit, 65AR, 690 armor -> 1mil
boots; 84int, 71vit, 68AR, 12%movespeed, 7 pickup range -> 1.1mil

Happy camper if I can keep on doing the occasional upgrade in that price range :lol

Even if it's just a small upgrade I usually buy it, can't go wrong for those prices, I sell my original gear for real market value afterwards, man, I'm like some economic/AH genius!

koji

Should be relatively easy to upgrade some of those slots for cheap.

Start with stacking more All Resists. Search on the AH for items with STR/VIT/40-50 All Resists. For around 40k/piece you should be able to put together a working set. (for inferno monster power 1) Might want to try to get a 1h hammer or 1h axe around 800dps with 400life on hit, those are pretty cheap as well and you can use the weaponmaster passive with those for free 10% critchance increase. Combine that with Ruthless passive (5% critchance and 50% critdmg) and you should get a nice bump in dmg.

I don't play a barb as main, I'm sure the barb players here will be able to help you out a lot better :)

turnbuckle

I can't get past 400K gold due to repairs...nor can I do any infernos...

I'll see if I can hook you up with something next time I'm on. Can't remember my id# but it was posted a few pages back if you wanna add me. Only have one arm available to me right now so I can't offer much advice atm.

M.D

Playing solo as my DH is annoying right now...

I can play MP4 with a friend just fine. It's not like I'm sitting there and wrecking shit up, but I get more chances to attack, so we can kill everything fairly quickly. If I play alone, it takes me forever to take out a single elite pack since I have to move and have less chances to attack, and damage I'm putting out with those few attacks is apparently not enough, even tho my DPS/CC/CD are decent

I wonder when they are going to introduce more items into the game, it was really fun in d2 when they added a bunch of new items, like a whole new game.

I wonder when they are going to introduce more items into the game, it was really fun in d2 when they added a bunch of new items, like a whole new game.

I sure hope so. When they did that it made a lot of the older "good" items obsolete so it will be interesting to see if they try to keep everything equal or just make OP items.
Remember when every Sorceress had to use Hexfire and Heavenly Garb? Those were the days.

FaidSint

Hey all. I posted my ID a few pages back, but wanted to post again, cause today is the first day that I think I can sit down and do some low MP Inferno runs (or maybe try high MP Hell runs, never done that).

I'd prefer to do Siegebreaker runs at around MP2 or MP3 in Act 3, but I'm up for anything anyone else would want to do.

I'm a low Paragon level, still getting used to the patch, but I think I'm a solid partner, I've got good MF gear and am pretty tanky. Add me if you wanna do some runs. Also have a Teamspeak we could hang out in if necessary.

FaidSint#1586

M.D

Just clarifying for the dude that he should do Hell at MP10, not inferno :)

Edit: FUCK YEAH Most money ever.

Screenshot080.jpg

Dude... WHAT? Those are worth A LOT more!
I sold one 2 days ago with 199 dex no vit and one soc for 15M

Those are worth....I dunno, tens of millions more

kennah

I initially searched a little low. Set an 8 million minimum bed before realizing the next day that they were worth about 50.

That said - i'd rather be happy that I got 30 million for nothing than worrying that they could have gone for more. There was no buyout so they got what they got.

Dahbomb

That's a fair price for that piece IMO. Most DH and Monks are using Inna pants for the IAS and MS plus GF and MF isn't worth what it used to be thanks to paragon levels.

MrDaravon

Yeah, that's not terrible. Also if there was no buyout and that's what it went for I'd feel pretty good about that either way. The way I always look at it is if I wasn't going to use it, any money I get for it is going to be money I wouldn't have otherwise so bonus.

Mystery

So I just solo'd ZK and Siegebreaker on MP7 with my Witch Doctor. They were the only set that gave me trouble as solo, but then I found out that ZK can be Hexed. So I just ran Hex/Jinx, and pretty much kept him as a pig the entire fight. :)

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So I just solo'd ZK and Siegebreaker on MP7 with my Witch Doctor. They were the only set that gave me trouble as solo, but then I found out that ZK can be Hexed. So I just ran Hex/Jinx, and pretty much kept him as a pig the entire fight. :)

Nice, did you get your ring yet? Seeing some people with crazy lucky rolls on their HF rings.

Mystery

I've made about 5. I had one with 33 cd, one with 50 cd, 2 complete garbage rings, and the one I just made has 433 LoH, 38 AR, and 7% life, which actually works pretty well against reflect damage packs. It puts my LoH up to almost 900 and I have 3% lifesteal on my weapon so I can tank them pretty well now.

larvi

Playing solo as my DH is annoying right now...

I can play MP4 with a friend just fine. It's not like I'm sitting there and wrecking shit up, but I get more chances to attack, so we can kill everything fairly quickly. If I play alone, it takes me forever to take out a single elite pack since I have to move and have less chances to attack, and damage I'm putting out with those few attacks is apparently not enough, even tho my DPS/CC/CD are decent

One thing I found that helps with a DH solo is to use the scoundrel and put a windforce with as much knockback you can find on him, also give him the attack that fires 3 arrows at a time. It helps keep distance between you and everything else. I run solo mp5 all the time and can do mp6 and I actually find I can clear stuff quicker solo usually than with a group. The exception of course is the bosses, I need to have a group for them as I don't have the survivability.\

Edit - The boar companion can also help out a lot, he will often tank one of the elites keeping them off you. Works well with the key wardens too.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Farming this HF ring has cost me like 10 paragon levels lol.

I think my plan to get crazy EXP gear is backfiring.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played this since July or so. Is there anywhere I could read up on the major changes that have occurred since then?

I got my innas 2pc yesterday, pretty happy with that.

Now I have 60 mill sitting my my pocket, trying to think about what my next upgrade should be.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/EscapingJail-1496/hero/747238

I think if you look around you can get some Strongarm Bracers

you could possibly gain like 45-50 dex, 20-30 all resists and .5% crit chance. depending on how much you want to spend to upgrade bracers. they all have like 9% life so it might be an equal or upgrade to health too.

kennah

Grats kennah. It's easier to try to maximize your auction sales price once you already are pretty good with your gear and have extra money on standby. Enjoy your windfall!
Thanks! I was sitting on 300k. Already got a couple nice cheap upgrades for my barb. Sadly working on the IK set is about 20-200 million out of my price range.

M.D

Let him enjoy is payday

One thing I found that helps with a DH solo is to use the scoundrel and put a windforce with as much knockback you can find on him, also give him the attack that fires 3 arrows at a time. It helps keep distance between you and everything else. I run solo mp5 all the time and can do mp6 and I actually find I can clear stuff quicker solo usually than with a group. The exception of course is the bosses, I need to have a group for them as I don't have the survivability.\

Edit - The boar companion can also help out a lot, he will often tank one of the elites keeping them off you. Works well with the key wardens too.

I never used anything but Ench.. guess I should try it out.
The boar companion is nice, he also raises your AR, but he dies quickly IIRC

Let him enjoy is payday

Sure dude, enjoy the gold.
You can do a lot with 30 millions right now.

I had a great day today :p

First, sold the Skorn I bought yesterday for the same price I bought it
Went key farming and ElTopo also power leveled my Barb to 29

Had lots of fun with ElTopo and V_Arnold doing a lot of infernal machine runs... made this crappy ring, but at least it will help me level my barb

VVuM6.jpg

I got 2 of 2 the items needed for another ring.. just need one more

Also, I found this doing an infernal run with another group

SkPEr.jpg

This is perfect since I wanted to buy it anyway. I just wasn't sure if I should get it because I lose 4K with it, but it brings my DPS from 77 to 85K

I think I'll keep it, but I really need ways to get more VIT. I only have 22K, and that's with using perfectionist
Also, a friend says he'll give me an amulet he found with 15-24 average damage, 85 str, 75 vit, 98 crit damage, 48 cold resist, which should be good for my barb until I can get something better :)

larvi

rng messing with me lately, after going 1 for 6 on hellfire ring parts in mp5/mp6 runs, I'm 0 for 6 today with the A2 keywarden on mp5

Hesemonni

Banned
Palms sweaty I decided to make my first DEX Hellfire Ring and got .... STR, INT, VIT and Armour.

:p

Oh well, a level up ring for my future wizard or WD.

mackaveli

Anyone want to do some infernal machine runs?

I need to get the devil's fang.

Mackaveli#1272

wow I'm actually getting some legendaries finally. No set items yet though which I really want to get.
Got it from a Gob too. Couldn't believe it.

I got bored of the regular old monk build so I started a build with:
1: Serenity
2: Crippling wave/concussion or deadly strike/foresight( depending on survivibility)
3: Way of the hundred fist/+atk and move speed
4: Conviction/overawe
5: Fist of thunder
6: Sweeping wind

Passives: resolve/ OWE/ combination strike

I'm having a ton of fun with it not to mention it boosts my DPS to about 70k from 45k while in combat. Survivibility takes a small hit but it definitely doable.

So theoretically I'm reducing incoming damage by 40% from the things I hit if there isn't some hidden diminishing return. Any one know of any?

rCIZZLE

Alright, I'm bored as shit and this uber thing seems pretty interesting. I have access to ~200m and would like to make a pretty gdlk barb. What kind of gear should I be looking for? Obviously want to do WW for keyruns.

edit: If anybody has a good barb setup that costs that or less and can link me that'd be perfect.

Talaysen

I got bored of the regular old monk build so I started a build with:
1: Serenity
2: Crippling wave/concussion or deadly strike/foresight( depending on survivibility)
3: Way of the hundred fist/+atk and move speed
4: Conviction/overawe
5: Fist of thunder
6: Sweeping wind

Passives: resolve/ OWE/ combination strike

I'm having a ton of fun with it not to mention it boosts my DPS to about 70k from 45k while in combat. Survivibility takes a small hit but it definitely doable.

So theoretically I'm reducing incoming damage by 40% from the things I hit if there isn't some hidden diminishing return. Any one know of any?

I don't think there's diminishing returns, but I think damage reductions are multiplicative, not additive. You're doing two 20% damage reductions, which results in 0.8*0.8 = 0.64x incoming damage, which is a 36% damage reduction, not 40%.

larvi

ugh, 10 runs now on A2 mp5 without a key dropping. wtf?

Edit - upped it to MP6 for a run and finally got the key, jeez

My luck just keeps getting better and better, every day a set item drops, today was Shenlong's day.

iiz7Pz1BYW7tr.jpg

I went from not playing this game and then coming back with only 5 mil and bad gear, now I have over 100mil, so good.

^^^

congrats

I went from not making anything to selling about 40m worth of stuff since the patch. Truly has been wondrous for us under achievers

Managed to upgrade my Monk to 80k dps unbuffed from 49k. Would link my profile but it won't update for some reason

FaidSint

Solid Shenlong roll. Shouldn't have any problem getting quite a few mil for that!

I actually just bought Shenlong's other weapon to complete my set. My RA is very similar to the one you rolled, and the Fist I bought has only around 870 dps but is a good roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom