• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Had this drop the other day, so I figured I'd start a DH finally, since that was the last character class I needed to create.

Screenshot081.jpg

He is already level 27.... Since yesterday...

profit

These two legendaries dropped for me
I'm not really good at rating items, but I'm guessing they're crap....

Are they worth anything at all?

hvmM4.jpg

nHVfY.jpg

Keikaku

Use this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/
Then price using the AH.

These two legendaries dropped for me
I'm not really good at rating items, but I'm guessing they're crap....

Are they worth anything at all?

hvmM4.jpg
The polearm seems a bit mediocre though it does have the +11 to AS instead of the +10 it could have rolled and an almost max Damage to Life roll.

These seem pretty meh. The LOH, Regen and the +crit chance are all just ok.

Had this drop the other day, so I figured I'd start a DH finally, since that was the last character class I needed to create.

Screenshot081.jpg

He is already level 27.... Since yesterday...

Cain set + high ruby gem in the helm + Dex Hell Fire Ring + Normal MP10 : level 44 in 8 hours.

oh and now I have access to level reduced weapons : Nightmare MP10 feels like a cakewalk.

I don't think there's diminishing returns, but I think damage reductions are multiplicative, not additive. You're doing two 20% damage reductions, which results in 0.8*0.8 = 0.64x incoming damage, which is a 36% damage reduction, not 40%.

36% DR is still decent. Now to find a way to up my base DPS on a strict budget.

kennah

Cain set + high ruby gem in the helm + Dex Hell Fire Ring + Normal MP10 : level 44 in 8 hours.

oh and now I have access to level reduced weapons : Nightmare MP10 feels like a cakewalk.

Yep. That is exactly what I'm doing. Even have an Int Hellfire Ring on my Enchantress. Love that 300% exp gain

Fularu

Banned
Got my plans first try but took me ten attempts each to get the second and third key... I'm doing MP4 :/

Expecting to get my ass kicked in the machine itself :p

pompidu

Just found a dual socket manticore off just a random guy walking around. Is it better to throw two emeralds in it or 1 emerald and 1 amethyst to get that life on hit?

I just started playing again and was wondering what the optimal farming method is now?

Should I farm Act 3 MP-0 for items and Act 1 MP-1 for keys?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DSmalls84-1321/hero/17563304

Here is my current build. Can anyone recommend some alternate Wizard builds? I haven't played since 1.0.4.

Thanks

With your dps you can do MP1 which is a lot better than MP0 imo, any act will do (except act 4, that place is still trash imo)

Talaysen

I just started playing again and was wondering what the optimal farming method is now?

Should I farm Act 3 MP-0 for items and Act 1 MP-1 for keys?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DSmalls84-1321/hero/17563304

Here is my current build. Can anyone recommend some alternate Wizard builds? I haven't played since 1.0.4.

Thanks

If you can handle MP3, do that for keys. Otherwise, Act 3 MP0 and Act 1/2 MP1 work fine for items.

If you get more crit chance, you could do the CM/WW freeze build. It's what I'm using: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Talaysen-1383/hero/5623738

That's what I was thinking. I can only create up to a star. Where do the plans drop for the others? I have yet to come across any.

To emralds all the way. Use shadow power to heal you and combine with high power skills or life steal skills (elemental arrow, cluster arrow) for maximum effect.

Life on hit is never worth it on a weapon as a gem expect if you have a very very high attack speed

That's what I was thinking. I can only create up to a star. Where do the plans drop for the others? I have yet to come across any.

Random drop. Crafting on your own can be super expensive and requires you to gather an obscene amount of gems for the last tier (729 flawless squares specially)

Just buy them from AH

DSmalls84

Does using higher MP significantly increase the number of legendary items you find? I did a few runs at 1 without finding any and killed a few mobs at 4 and got lacuni prowlers. I'm thinking its probably just coincidence. I was thinking of turning off MP just to farm more quickly though

Dahbomb

Does using higher MP significantly increase the number of legendary items you find? I did a few runs at 1 without finding any and killed a few mobs at 4 and got lacuni prowlers. I'm thinking its probably just coincidence. I was thinking of turning off MP just to farm more quickly though
Well you have more MF and you get more items so your chance of getting legendaries is increased slightly.

Talaysen

There's two factors here that do increase the amount of legendaries you'll find (on average):

First, you get extra MF. From MP1 to MP4 you get an extra 75% MF. This is more significant if your base MF is low, and less significant if it is high.

Second, there is a bonus drop chance which increases as you go higher in MP. This is the bigger factor. At MP1, if a normal enemy succeeds in making a drop check, it has a 1% chance to drop another item, which will always be a piece of equipment (not gold, potion, or a tome). In MP4 this jumps up to 26%. (At MP10 it is 100%.) That is the main reason why higher MPs are actually worth running on, assuming your DPS is high enough that it doesn't take much more longer to kill things. And assuming you don't die more often.

Hesemonni

Banned
Are you a monk?
Yes I am.

I have the feeling that after 1.0.5 I'm more prone to get stuck on monsters and this is especially apparent with those spinning fellas. Also, on couple of occasions I've had keywarden get stuck inside the wall in "stunned" state. I hit him until he has 1 hp but still can't kill him.

mackaveli

What was the website that let you check an item on the AH is better then what you currently wear?

I'm not sure if I should buy this weapon or not.

Cipherr

Am I alone with my deep hatred for all things Dervish / Magewraith in elite form?

If they have illusionist Horde or something with molten/plagued or something they completely surround you making you unable to move unless you have a skill that passes/clips through collision detection. You just die slowly from the fire you are standing in as they all spin around you over and over.

Most frustrating deaths ever.

Talaysen

I'm gonna play this game for the first time in forever. Haven't even checked out the patch yet. So what's the best place to farm post-patch?

Anywhere (as long as you do at least MP1).

Unless you want to be superoptimal in which case I think it's the same places as before.

Hesemonni

Banned
I'm gonna play this game for the first time in forever. Haven't even checked out the patch yet. So what's the best place to farm post-patch?
Like Talaysen pointed out "anywhere". There's been some nerfing with your usual farm places, like watchtower in act 1 (which is now located at southern highlands) and the tomb of ... of .. well, the tomb in oasis has been also nerfed. But overall, it's more or less the same.

eek5

Yes I am.

Rofl.. I am really not surprised at all. It isn't really anything new though. I used to run a2 all the time and those along with blazing guardians are the only things that ever killed me. The spinny dudes clip over monk player model for some reason and you cannot get out even with dashing strike. The only way I have been able to deal with them is by melee kiting so they can't stack up on me.

Oddly it was never a problem with my barb even when I used to stand still with revenge/frenzy spec.

Cipherr

well, the tomb in oasis has been also nerfed. But overall, it's more or less the same.

Fuck.... I had that the other day I thought it felt different, like, there were much fewer champ packs. I convinced myself I just had an unlucky roll. What exactly did they do to it?

rCIZZLE

Barb

Anybody have tips on how I can make this decent? I can slowly move through MP3 but I'd like to be able to do that somewhat quickly and still be using shield. Money isn't too much of a problem but I'd prefer not to spend more than like 30m (already have the emerald).

eek5

Fuck.... I had that the other day I thought it felt different, like, there were much fewer champ packs. I convinced myself I just had an unlucky roll. What exactly did they do to it?
I have only run it once. The packs have always been variable. The biggest change is the chest at the end isn't a real resplendent chest (I 5 stacked it and got no rares) but the event now gives you a stack.

I skip the tomb now but I will drop down and hit one of the switches to get the elite at the door to spawn which makes the tomb spawn still decent

Hesemonni

Banned
The chest has been changed atleast, instead the shower of coins and rares owe now get few measly piles of coins. The champ pack amount varies alot more I think (gut feeling). It's still worth going into tho'.

Am I the only one baffled that standarts shoulders can't roll over 250 ish main stats? Only way to go past that is to get these ugly ass legendary shoulder everyone has, that makes you look like dog shit. Sure it can stacks amazing stats but come on why is there no other options for high end shoulders? Why no other shoulders with fun/ fancy roll like Nina attack speed on the pants or the witching hour belt?

MrDaravon

Am I the only one baffled that standarts shoulders can't roll over 250 ish main stats? Only way to go past that is to get these ugly ass legendary shoulder everyone has, that makes you look like dog shit. Sure it can stacks amazing stats but come on why is there no other options for high end shoulders? Why no other shoulders with fun/ fancy roll like Nina attack speed on the pants or the witching hour belt?

Yeah, it sucks. Also offhand there isn't really much in the way of end-game gloves (the armor, not the weapon) is there? I know that at least for DH's there's nada.

mackaveli

anyone want to do any paragon lvling?

Thinking of doing Inferno MP1 as it seems the best and faster?

Anyone interested. Mackaveli#1272

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom