• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
are the item drops pretty good?

and whats the most common archon build?

I haven't used an archon build before.

Drops are meh, but it's super efficient. I wear full cain's + leoric's + hellfire when running through MP0 so it adds to the efficiency.

I'll ping you in game.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
If a serious bug like duping exists in a Blizzard game, the moment it leaks it will be exploited so heavily that there is no doubt about it whatsoever. When the evidence is consistently inconclusive then it's much more likely to be simple confirmation bias from the b.net forums. I can believe that there's a bug that occasionally creates duplicates of an item(like the same Manticore goes out to numerous players at the same time or something), but that would be a pretty trivial issue.

Revoh

it finally happened.
my first hardcore death, lvl 55 female barbarian is in heaven now :(

I learned something though: ALWAYS pay attention playing hardcore. I was talking with a friend over skype and completely forgot I was fighting a nasty pack, got surrounded, tried to leap away, got frozen and boom, dead.

oh well, time to level another one now ;D
8IhJj.jpg

by all means can I have some of your stuff
:p
I sold my good stuff for some rmah before I quit but I'll give you 16 million gold if you want? All I got left.

Or if anyone here is legit poor in the game, you can have it. If you already have millions on millions, go away!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
it finally happened.
my first hardcore death, lvl 55 female barbarian is in heaven now :(

I learned something though: ALWAYS pay attention playing hardcore. I was talking with a friend over skype and completely forgot I was fighting a nasty pack, got surrounded, tried to leap away, got frozen and boom, dead.

oh well, time to level another one now ;D

I'm addicted to hardcore now. My adrenaline was overwhelming when I got hit by a charged bull in Fields of Misery and survived with 5% hp

kennah

Usually the case isn't it.

Ugh, my character has finally gotten to the point of needing to look for the Trifecta and good Legendaries for improvements.

Dahbomb

Today I found the worst legendary ever. It was those frost gauntlets with not even a single decent stat.

They need to buff some legendaries again for the next few patches. Gloves especially.

I'm hoping to get something good tonight!. Really hope I can craft my ring finally tonight too! I need two of the pieces. I got the kuhle siegebreaker piece already. need the others.

I wanna do a few key runs for Act 2 and 3 depending how fast we get them do a Uber boss run! same as last time. forgot who was with us last time.

Anyone gonna be on want in!?

oh yea. in about one hour 11:30ish EST.

IlludiumQ36

While the legendaries and sets are dropping with some measure of frequency, the overall quality of rares I'm finding now seem to be worse than 1.04. I'm getting waayyyyy too many daibos, polearms, voodoo masks, & spirit stones. So much so that the quantity of character-nuetral items (you know, desirable stuff) is significantly down versus pre-patch.

Today I found the worst legendary ever. It was those frost gauntlets with not even a single decent stat.

They need to buff some legendaries again for the next few patches. Gloves especially.

For real. I got a Theo and Tasker yesterday. They were total garbage. And found my 3rd pair of Stone Gauntlets today. Ugh.

And another thing - iLVL 63 weapons should not be rolling DPS numbers lower than something you might find at level 50.

Talaysen

While the legendaries and sets are dropping with some measure of frequency, the overall quality of rares I'm finding now seem to be worse than 1.04. I'm getting waayyyyy too many daibos, polearms, voodoo masks, & spirit stones. So much so that the quantity of character-nuetral items (you know, desirable stuff) is significantly down versus pre-patch.

They buffed the drop rate of class specific stuff, so yeah, non-class specific stuff drops less now.

Just found another Manticore. Rolled perfect crit damage and some life on hit, but only one socket. Sadness.

Dahbomb

Just a heads up guys... Gem prices are going back up. Radiant Star Emeralds are 10 million now. Just a day ago they were 6 million.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Just posting to say that I may send friend requests to some of you at some point. Monday night through Wednesday night are my long session days, so it may occur at some point in the future as opposed to tonight specifically.

If you want to save me the trouble and add me first, I'd appreciate it.

My main is a CMMB support wiz. I never play this game solo.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ammostiel-1897/hero/4975484

I freeze, you kill, we win.

In other news:

Nicest find of late was a low end Zuni chest. Sold for 55M.

Did a 3 machine run a few nights ago on MP5 and was 3/3 on the organ drops. Hellfire Ring acquired. Predictably useless for my build, though.

Currently contemplating getting some new minor pieces to try out Fire Walkers with the Conflagration passive.

I'm reading more evidence that the best way for most folks - at least those who aren't diehard players - to farm is on A3 MP0, and it seems logical enough. The higher MF and XP bonuses seem to not outweigh the pure speed to be had in farming at no Monster Power. I say this to assuage people who might be discouraged at having substandard gear. Getting enough EHP and DPS to run A3M0 quickly shouldn't be difficult at all now.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I'm hoping to get something good tonight!. Really hope I can craft my ring finally tonight too! I need two of the pieces. I got the kuhle siegebreaker piece already. need the others.

I wanna do a few key runs for Act 2 and 3 depending how fast we get them do a Uber boss run! same as last time. forgot who was with us last time.

I was in last time. I think tinantlu and keikaku were the others.

Just posting to say that I may send friend requests to some of you at some point. Monday night through Wednesday night are my long session days, so it may occur at some point in the future as opposed to tonight specifically.

If you want to save me the trouble and add me first, I'd appreciate it.

My main is a CMMB support wiz. I never play this game solo.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ammostiel-1897/hero/4975484

I freeze, you kill, we win.

In other news:

Nicest find of late was a low end Zuni chest. Sold for 55M.

Did a 3 machine run a few nights ago on MP5 and was 3/3 on the organ drops. Hellfire Ring acquired. Predictably useless for my build, though.

Currently contemplating getting some new minor pieces to try out Fire Walkers with the Conflagration passive.

I'm reading more evidence that the best way for most folks - at least those who aren't diehard players - to farm is on A3 MP0, and it seems logical enough. The higher MF and XP bonuses seem to not outweigh the pure speed to be had in farming at no Monster Power. I say this to assuage people who might be discouraged at having substandard gear. Getting enough EHP and DPS to run A3M0 quickly shouldn't be difficult at all now.

Cool - fellow CM wiz - high five. Saw your friend request, sorry had to log.

+1 on the MP0 runs. Exp is blazing fast and I still get plenty of legendaries.

mackaveli

Bought a oculus ring for 5 million bidded and got it last minute before auction ended. Sold it for 14 million buy out.

Now I got some money to play with.

Nice.

Think I'm going to try this strategy for other items.

Bought a oculus ring for 5 million bidded and got it last minute before auction ended. Sold it for 14 million buy out.

Now I got some money to play with.

Nice.

Think I'm going to try this strategy for other items.

With the economy as is right now, it's a really dangerous strategy.

Btw, seems to me prices have gone up since patch arrival. What does GAF think?

lordy88

With the economy as is right now, it's a really dangerous strategy.

Btw, seems to me prices have gone up since patch arrival. What does GAF think?

If they've gone up, then it sounds like a good strategy to me.

But to focus on your question, I'd say the economy has gone down, personally. Or at the very least, a more extreme nature of gold prices, that is, elite items have prices inflated, everything else drastically lowered.

sleepykyo

If they've gone up, then it sounds like a good strategy to me.

But to focus on your question, I'd say the economy has gone down, personally. Or at the very least, a more extreme nature of gold prices, that is, elite items have prices inflated, everything else drastically lowered.

Yeah, the gold prices didn't collapse as much as I hoped in the short term and it seem like I can't sell anything but elite stuff is still in the 50M plus range.

Saw 700armor 180S 180V 72AR Depth Digger bid 12M, saw it go to 20M and then it disappeared. So someone just paid the 99M buyout like it was nothing. Too many baller barbs out there.

Today was pretty good for Diablo 3. I got another paragon level (and man, I had a WHOLE bar to gain), so my monk is now Paragon 54.

I also managed to sell a WD Off Hand for 5m which I had been trying to sell for DAYS.

My friend also gave me back 11.5m that I had lent him previously a few days ago.

Last but not least, I had a 940 DPS weapon with sock 900 LoH, 2.90% Life Steal currently at 11.250k current bid with six more hours to go, and I think I might get a couple more bids before they auction is over.

All in all, tomorrow I will wake up and have a total of 55m. I don't even know what to spend it on :x i can finally afford a witching hour, but losing 10k life would be tough.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Yeah, the gold prices didn't collapse as much as I hoped in the short term and it seem like I can't sell anything but elite stuff is still in the 50M plus range.

Saw 700armor 180S 180V 72AR Depth Digger bid 12M, saw it go to 20M and then it disappeared. So someone just paid the 99M buyout like it was nothing. Too many baller barbs out there.

http://diablo.somepage.com/info/paragon-distribution

Too many barbs in general

I don't quite get it. Why are WDs so incredibly unpopular (in softcore) ? Is it because we can't quite farm as fast/effective as the others ?

Months of underpower until 1.04. When the 1.04 most people starts the paragon leveling with the other classes full equiped.

Hesemonni

Banned
I'm actually a bit surprised there hasn't been any significant changes to weapons market post 1.0.5. I was waiting the removal of under 58 tune to have some sort of effect, but if there has been an effect the effect has been a price increasing one.

eek5

I'm actually a bit surprised there hasn't been any significant changes to weapons market post 1.0.5. I was waiting the removal of under 58 tune to have some sort of effect, but if there has been an effect the effect has been a price increasing one.

The mid-range market has dropped quite a bit. I've upgraded 5 weapons so far (monk dw, barb dw, and wd). It all depends what you want to get. Butcher sickle's are really "cheap" and have critd/ls, sky splitter is REALLY cheap for low-end. I think I saw some 1k dps w/ 150+ base stats for under 2m which is insane. The best stuff is more expensive but if you look past it you can get a lot of bargains. I think a problem is the goal posts have been moved. If we're talking about gearing a character for 1.0.4 (i.e. ~mp3 a3), weapons have gotten a lot more affordable.

If you want to key/uber farm MP7+ things are still expensive.

I remember those days. Man did we suck ass. I'm just surpised they're that unpopular.

WD was in a really bad place after the attack speed nerf. The other classes were just better tanks or better glass cannons and it lost its way. It didn't help that half the skills were pretty nonviable up until 1.0.4.

Hesemonni

Banned
My problem is that I've never paid more than 2M for a weapon. My current one is 1170 dps, ~100vit, ~50 CD + 2.4 LS and getting an upgrade for that means shelling tens of millions of gold (which I don't have). I'm fucked! :)

I gotta take all the advantage of plummeting ring and amulet markets and then start looking into nat ring + boots and weapons. I've been upgrading rings since 1.0.5 hit and I'm looking at ~100-200k priced ~1k dps upgrades every couple of days. And my res has also gone up quite a bit. I need some more paragon levels to feel comfortable ditching my +MF amu then I can really see some dps increases.

Had my first "nope" in a really long time. 2 Fire Chain, Vortex packs spitting distance from each other. The game couldn't pick which direction I was getting vortexed to so I'd end up getting tossed over both packs, then instantaeously being in the middle of about 20 bulls because that group had Illusionist too. And the trees showed up because they felt like it

eek5

Had my first "nope" in a really long time. 2 Fire Chain, Vortex packs spitting distance from each other. The game couldn't pick which direction I was getting vortexed to so I'd end up getting tossed over both packs, then instantaeously being in the middle of about 20 bulls because that group had Illusionist too. And the trees showed up because they felt like it

All I see there are ample amounts of fury generators for OP barb. :D

Madn

Sounds painful.

I'm currently farming for the keys to build the infernal machine. I'm comfortable playing at MP3. Is it possible to solo the uber bosses? And if so, which MP do you suggest me to try, considering i usually keep it at 3?

DSmalls84

Probably had my best day of farming in D3 yesterday.

Found:

Tal Rasha's Brace
148 Int
49 Vit
58 Physical res
11 % Magic Find
Crit Chance 1%
3% damage against elites

Lacuni Prowlers
67 Vit
25 Resist All
9% Ias
12% Movement Speed
13% Gold Find
Melee Attackers take 1131 Damage

Not the greatest rolls but both were upgrades for my Wizard so I was happy.
I know the Lacunis aren't worth a ton but anyone know if the Brace is valuable?

All I see there are ample amounts of fury generators for OP barb. :D

I pray for the day when Vortex affects WotB.

1. I'm spinning! Spin to win baybe :D
2. Oh shit, Vortex
3. Ok, I gotta run around these dudes a few times
4. Oh no, they did it again :(
5. This shit is broken, fuck this game
6. Working as intended
7. Why, Jay Wilson? Why?

eek5

Sounds painful.

I'm currently farming for the keys to build the infernal machine. I'm comfortable playing at MP3. Is it possible to solo the uber bosses? And if so, which MP do you suggest me to try, considering i usually keep it at 3?

You can solo it but you are better off sharing imo. You can get 9-12 boss fights if you group up w/ other people who have 3 machines each. The chances of you getting all 3 organs in 3 machines is slim, especially on mp3 (just ask larvi lol)

Madn

You can solo it but you are better off sharing imo. You can get 9-12 boss fights if you group up w/ other people who have 3 machines each. The chances of you getting all 3 organs in 3 machines is slim, especially on mp3 (just ask larvi lol)

Hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

kennah

Yeah seems almost wasteful to solo the bosses. I only go in in groups of 4. Then you can usually do a higher MP and have better odds

Fun weekend of playing. I've added a lot more people from GAF which means more people online to farm with, making it a lot more fun.

I was having the worst luck finding the organ from Maghda/Skeleton King but then got three in a row so I was able to whip off 3 Hellfires. 2 of them were pretty bad, but the 3rd rolled CC,Vit and perfect MF so I was pretty pleased and it'll be my new ring until I luck out with something better.

I'll be on tonight looking for a team for uber runs. Have 5 machines in my pocket along with four or five keys from Acts 2/3. I don't bother as much with Act 1 anymore just because doing the uber boss also gives me a chance to go for the key.

MrDaravon

I'm not even halfway through my normal Act 3 run on MP2 and I've already picked up a what I know is a decent Strongarm Bracers, and then also an Empyrean Messenger and Inna's Reach. What the goddamn fuck. I'm not familiar with the last two so I don't know if they're worth anything or not, but I've never had a streak like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom