• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

I think I'm gonna start making a bunch of vit rings. 170 vit is good for any class and it frees up the need for stacking vit on something else.

larvi

Yeah, I was planning on a vit ring once I got the dex ring I wanted, but seeing as I keep getting other primary stats as well maybe I should go with vit instead.

Mudo

Well, I just hit 60 with my first character (wizard). I played a bit last night and all of this loot at max level is overwhelming. When I'm going through items to see what to keep and try to sell on the AH, and what to vendor, I really have no idea. I may have vendored god knows how many decent items lol. Is there a website or something to help? There are so many stats, and I know low armor/damage rolls on things can ruin them just from that but I don't know what 'good' is. Thoughts? I haven't gotten a legendary since hitting 60 but i figure that will be easier to figure out. There's just so much crap that putting it in stash and looking up 50 things will take years and I figure people must be doing something else.

Also, I have not done any MP stuff yet - can I do MP1 solo on Inferno? I heard it gives better items or magic find or something so I wanted to try it if possible. I'm still in Act 1 but it hasn't been as bad as I was expecting so far...

Glad I came back after 1.0.5 - I left disappointed after the first couple weeks but it seems to have come a LONG way since then =-)

j do you have to have the machine or can you be invited I only have 3 act 1 keys :/

No you dont have to have anything. You can use other peoples, last time it was 4 of us and each person used one to get all 3 boss battles and someone got a free ride.

That ring is insane.

Also goddamn Juices, for someone at your level your gear makes me sad :(. Are you actually trying to rock resists and vit over damage, or is that stuff just on there by convenience? I couldn't tell by your gear, it looks like you're prioritizing resists, vit, and crit %? I may have an upgrade or two for you, but it would almost certainly drop your resist/vit. Let me know you're trying to gear towards, even if I don't have anything for you I'll keep an eye out.

Yea find me an upgrade lol. I used to survive a lot but I like my HP at ~40k. Slowly as I upped my DPS towards 100k I've lost more and more all resists. I used to keep it around 400. So now I die in two hits. Which is really fun, I get to watch barbs WW around through poison and desecration and ignore jailer and other things a bunch of the time while I sit and watch in death screen.

Game classes are so screwed and you dont realize til higher MP levels how much more power Barbs/Monks have because they don't take the damage and generally have more all resist perks/pieces designed for them. Really to make it even I should have 300k damage, but now I see generally barbs and monks with just as much DPS as me lol. Its fucking embarrasing.

I've also played for 300 hours and not yet had a drop where I can afford my Natalya set pieces and a Manticore thats good.

eek5

No you dont have to have anything. You can use other peoples, last time it was 4 of us and each person used one to get all 3 boss battles and someone got a free ride.

If all 4 people have it just do an a1 key run after and use the last key. I think the 3 bosses thing is great and all but after you do a bunch of runs your keys become unbalanced anyway so doing 1 boss might be enough to even it out.

Well, I just hit 60 with my first character (wizard). I played a bit last night and all of this loot at max level is overwhelming. When I'm going through items to see what to keep and try to sell on the AH, and what to vendor, I really have no idea. I may have vendored god knows how many decent items lol. Is there a website or something to help? There are so many stats, and I know low armor/damage rolls on things can ruin them just from that but I don't know what 'good' is. Thoughts? I haven't gotten a legendary since hitting 60 but i figure that will be easier to figure out. There's just so much crap that putting it in stash and looking up 50 things will take years and I figure people must be doing something else.

Also, I have not done any MP stuff yet - can I do MP1 solo on Inferno? I heard it gives better items or magic find or something so I wanted to try it if possible. I'm still in Act 1 but it hasn't been as bad as I was expecting so far...

Glad I came back after 1.0.5 - I left disappointed after the first couple weeks but it seems to have come a LONG way since then =-)
These are some of *my* guidelines. Keep in mind that others here will disagree on some things for sure.
- Don't even pick it up if it's blue
- Vendor every yellow shield...I don't even pick them up if I know it's a sheild as I've never found a good shield.
- Vendor any yellow helm without a socket unless it has some amazing specific stats along with a high crit chance
- Vendor any yellow 1 hander that doesn't roll at least 800 DPS and even then it needs some really nice stats such as socket, native crit damage, LOH, LS etc
- Vendor any yellow 2 hander that doesn't roll at least 1150+ DPS and again needs some accompanying stats
- Vendor any yellow boots that don't have movement speed along with a lot of really useful stats...if it has a combo of Str/Dex/Int, it's usually vendor trash instantly
- Sell any yellow chest armor without 3 sockets unless it's simply amazing...same for pants without 2 sockets
- Rings and Amulets can be tough...a lot of times I'll use the built-in search from the AH now to figure out if something I think might be good actually is. Usually it isn't.
- Bracers - Pretty much vendor anything that has below 4 CC and even then has to have a lot of other good stats(AR, vit, main stat)
- Shoulders - Sames as bracers but without the CC
- Gloves - Needs to have at least 4 of (CC,CD,AR,VIT,main stat,high MF,Attack Speed)

If all 4 people have it just do an a1 key run after and use the last key. I think the 3 bosses thing is great and all but after you do a bunch of runs your keys become unbalanced anyway so doing 1 boss might be enough to even it out.

Yea I'd liek to do that. I forgot who even got the free ride last time but I could care less since you/escapingjail/ and ...who else, talaysen? basically carried me lol. Think we just ran outta time after the 3 ubers it was like 4 am. EST

DSmalls84

So are there any good Wizard builds besides the CM/WW or Meteor builds currently out there. I have searched a while and all I have found is variations on those and the old blizzard/hydra kiting builds. Are the CM builds still the best? I was under the impression they got nerfed kind of recently.

Mudo

These are some of *my* guidelines. Keep in mind that others here will disagree on some things for sure.
- Don't even pick it up if it's blue
- Vendor every yellow shield...I don't even pick them up if I know it's a sheild as I've never found a good shield.
- Vendor any yellow helm without a socket unless it has some amazing specific stats along with a high crit chance
- Vendor any yellow 1 hander that doesn't roll at least 800 DPS and even then it needs some really nice stats such as socket, native crit damage, LOH, LS etc
- Vendor any yellow 2 hander that doesn't roll at least 1150+ DPS and again needs some accompanying stats
- Vendor any yellow boots that don't have movement speed along with a lot of really useful stats...if it has a combo of Str/Dex/Int, it's usually vendor trash instantly
- Sell any yellow chest armor without 3 sockets unless it's simply amazing...same for pants without 2 sockets
- Rings and Amulets can be tough...a lot of times I'll use the built-in search from the AH now to figure out if something I think might be good actually is. Usually it isn't.
- Bracers - Pretty much vendor anything that has below 4 CC and even then has to have a lot of other good stats(AR, vit, main stat)
- Shoulders - Sames as bracers but without the CC
- Gloves - Needs to have at least 4 of (CC,CD,AR,VIT,main stat,high MF,Attack Speed)

Thanks and holy shit! Ok this may explain why things I thought may be good have not sold on the AH - it sounds like nearly everything I have ever found has been worthless!!! So it's super-rare to find *anything* worth selling on the AH for decent money? Well, this helps and it will save me a ton of wasted time trying to figure out what in the hell I should do with all this loot. Also, I've been picking up blues and going through all that mess as well. This has surely been a decent % of my time spent trying to parse through things. And I have found that almost never have I gotten something I thought was worthy to sell that was blue (rings/amulets I think is all I've personally seen drop for me). Here's hoping for my first Legendary drop soon - I had 5 stacks of nephalem valor for about 3 hours last night and didn't get one but I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

MrDaravon

Yea find me an upgrade lol. I used to survive a lot but I like my HP at ~40k. Slowly as I upped my DPS towards 100k I've lost more and more all resists. I used to keep it around 400. So now I die in two hits. Which is really fun, I get to watch barbs WW around through poison and desecration and ignore jailer and other things a bunch of the time while I sit and watch in death screen.

Game classes are so screwed and you dont realize til higher MP levels how much more power Barbs/Monks have because they don't take the damage and generally have more all resist perks/pieces designed for them. Really to make it even I should have 300k damage, but now I see generally barbs and monks with just as much DPS as me lol. Its fucking embarrasing.

I've also played for 300 hours and not yet had a drop where I can afford my Natalya set pieces and a Manticore thats good.

I'd worry less right now about getting the Nat set specifically; I got pretty good gear for way less than what that costs. Right now my main upgrades are the Nat chest/ring/boots, Inna pants and then either Inna belt or Witching Hour.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

Except for the amulet (which I found) I bought everything there off the AH, and most of it for not a ton. My resists are also total shit and I die in 2 hits as well, but with Max discipline, Prep + Backup Plan and the increased damage I deal (as a result of the resist tradeoffs) I can usually survive and I'm doing way more damage. Long story short I think you could probably make some intermediate gear upgrades with what you have now as opposed to going all the way to set gear. I'll keep an eye out for stuff for you, the only thing I have right now that might be an upgrade I can give you is this:

bUPWg.jpg

I just upgraded mine from this one, I think it might be better for you but also looks like you'd be making some trade-offs.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So are there any good Wizard builds besides the CM/WW or Meteor builds currently out there. I have searched a while and all I have found is variations on those and the old blizzard/hydra kiting builds. Are the CM builds still the best? I was under the impression they got nerfed kind of recently.

Honestly, Archon is the only other real build out there. I mean there are a bunch of weird builds like Ray of Frost or even Disintegrate builds, but nothing can touch CM for high MP or Archon for low MP.

I'm tempted to drop my remaining gold into a Chantodo's set but I fear they are going to nerf CM even more in 1.0.6 so I'll hold off.

Stutter freeze is good enough for now.

DSmalls84

Honestly, Archon is the only other real build out there. I mean there are a bunch of weird builds like Ray of Frost or even Disintegrate builds, but nothing can touch CM for high MP or Archon for low MP.

I'm tempted to drop my remaining gold into a Chantodo's set but I fear they are going to nerf CM even more in 1.0.6 so I'll hold off.

Stutter freeze is good enough for now.

Could you link your build?

alright I'll go on at that time, 9oclock. Give you some good stuff you can use/not use. For sure I can give you a better weapon that I got lying around.

Anything for me? ;)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PatBateman-1151/hero/25664309

Everyone else is welcome to give suggestions as well. I've never asked before on here, because it's somewhat embarrassing, haha. I feel pretty underpowered. My rings could be replaced, I'm sure. Around 64K DPS with no sharpshooter, and 37K health.

I have a little over 6 million gold, and really that's only because I bought most of that on the RMAH a while back when I saw gold was so cheap. Couldn't resist lol and I told myself I would never spend any actual money. Thankfully, a few dollars of gold has been it.

Shadow780

How the hell are you suppose to fight Siegebreaker/Zoltun with solo Barb?

Can't ww since the beast grabs me while Zoltun adds his elemental attacks during the animation. And those annoying slowtime bubbles, GOD.

Anything for me? ;)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PatBateman-1151/hero/25664309

Everyone else is welcome to give suggestions as well. I've never asked before on here, because it's somewhat embarrassing, haha. I feel pretty underpowered. My rings could be replaced, I'm sure. Around 64K DPS with no sharpshooter, and 37K health.

I have a little over 6 million gold, and really that's only because I bought most of that on the RMAH a while back when I saw gold was so cheap. Couldn't resist lol and I told myself I would never spend any actual money. Thankfully, a few dollars of gold has been it.

You could save a bit more and upgrade to a cheap innas temperance.

They are guaranteed dex/as/ms/crit/ 2 sockets

you could use my DH as a relatively good reference for other items.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/escapingjail-1496/hero/747238

Edit: I'm currently saving up for a nice lacuni's and a nice Witching hour

Lanbeast

Just had both of these drop on the Act III Keywarden. Helm dropped for me and the Axe for my buddy who was nice enough to hand it over.

NN436.png

Anything for me? ;)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/25664309

I can give you a better weapon as well. Just tell me when you're online. And gimme your name.

I can give you a better weapon as well. Just tell me when you're online. And gimme your name.

I'm online at this very moment, and pretty much could be any time tonight as long as power doesn't go out due to weather. Apparently there's like a hurricane or something passing through? Who knows!? ;) Name is PatBateman#1151

Rufus

How the hell are you suppose to fight Siegebreaker/Zoltun with solo Barb?

Can't ww since the beast grabs me while Zoltun adds his elemental attacks during the animation. And those annoying slowtime bubbles, GOD.
Rend-Blood Lust with a good two-hander.

MrDaravon

Probably a stupid question: does having stacks increase the chance of keys to drop from the wardens? Are they key drops tied to "normal" MF %? Just wondering if I should be bothering to get 5 stacks before going after them. Going to start trying to get key drops to break things up a bit.

MrDaravon

The keys can only drop if you have 5 stacks.

Well fuck. Not much time wasted really, but I had been starting my Act 3 runs with Stonefort lol. I completely missed that part in the update. Thanks!

This is why I'm afraid to play with other people! I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.

Westonian

Playing with NGAF guys makes the game so much more fun. I mainly run with my 65K monk.

Won't be around again until tomorrow night though.

Add me please.

Westonian#1503

FaidSint

Just did a key run with Westonian and dropped 2 legendary chests! One was complete garbage but I also got my first set piece!

nEYu6.png

No idea if its worth anything, but hey! Set piece!

EDIT: I gotta start searching AH before posting... It's worth literally nothing.

MrDaravon

Yeah, that's the chest piece to get for most DH's, but the ones that have the 90ish-100 dex roll are pretty common. They start getting expensive and desirable once they get into the higher dex rolls and/or have in-demand stats like Max Discipline.

Yes I think with a lot of the set pieces its not going to be an upgrade until I hit two or three pieces moderate rolled pieces and get the bonuses.

Talaysen

Well fuck. Not much time wasted really, but I had been starting my Act 3 runs with Stonefort lol. I completely missed that part in the update. Thanks!

This is why I'm afraid to play with other people! I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.

Just follow everyone else around!

Man, I never realized it, but the Inna's Favor set belt is a really awesome belt. I just bought one with 100 dex and 57 phys res (my main res) after I found a Strongarm Bracers that covered my belt's HP loss (It gave me around 10k HP) and now I am at 100k DPS unbuffed with shield, 116k DPS buffed. Really awesome shit :O

I'm considering dropping inna's armor now for something more defensive. It's a really good armor with great stats, but I really want an armor that will give me like 120+ resists out of it, since I lost about 50 resists with the switch. Granted I gained a lot of armor, though.

Just did a key run with Westonian and dropped 2 legendary chests! One was complete garbage but I also got my first set piece!

nEYu6.png

No idea if its worth anything, but hey! Set piece!

EDIT: I gotta start searching AH before posting... It's worth literally nothing.

Needs either discipline or all res to be worth anything

For items that aren't guaranteed good there's a huge disparity between well rolled ones and ones that got the short end of the randomized stat stick

Here's where my Monk is sitting now

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/5656861

40m or so later I just about doubled the dps I had last week. Working
auctioning
my way to the top baby

Good deals that I got (I think) were the Andariel's Visage (gave my old one to my DH), has 90 vit and minimum fire damage for about 4.6m. Nothing quite compares for a Poison stacking Monk until a crit Mempo of Twilight becomes affordable. Also really like the Inna Pants, but I had to upgrade several slots with vit and res just to take away from the defensive hit. Really ill-designed for a set item belonging to a melee class

Favourite item has to be the Butcher's Sickle. It's proc is the most amazing shit. Despite only giving me 2.7% ls I'm surviving fine in MP7 (unless its reflect + electrified). When things get hairy I can kite away a little bit and use Deadly Reach. When the proc initiates the enemies get dragged over and stunned, then I get to wail on them with FoT as usual.

Also, Combination Stike + Foresight is a crazy ass damage boost. Fully buffed I'm around 113K. And unlike Breath of Heaven, Deadly Reach is actually useful

MrDaravon

Okay, feel free to add me, name is MrDaravon#1289. I'm soloing to get keys to attempt to make myself useful for groups if nothing else.

Only thing I will say is that sometimes when I'm on it's just to listen to podcasts or due to home responsibilities I may be AFK off and on, so just please don't be offended if I turn you down (but I'll at least respond if I see it). I was about to say that I'd just show as offline when that's the case, but I'm not seeing the option; I thought they were going to be adding that?.

MrDaravon

I've made too much from this game to care about giving my last stuff away. It served me well.

Any idea what your grand total was? I actually spent some time looking at the RMAH earlier today, the threshold for the quality of item you need to make any actual decent money is waaaaaay higher now.

Any idea what your grand total was? I actually spent some time looking at the RMAH earlier today, the threshold for the quality of item you need to make any actual decent money is waaaaaay higher now.
a teency bit over $1000.

It definitely became a lot harder to sell things in the latter months. Near impossible now unless you get super lucky.

Dahbomb

3rd Dawn so far of the patch....

Anyone here know what type of stats/items to get a Templar so that he can actually survive two hits? I have a Stormshield in my stash plus a very good Relic equipped on the Templar (block %, all res, 200 str). What's a good 1h I can get him for cheap? Also this isn't my main follower I mostly use Enchantress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom