• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

Also, Combination Stike + Foresight is a crazy ass damage boost. Fully buffed I'm around 113K. And unlike Breath of Heaven, Deadly Reach is actually useful
I love this build now. Ive been running it for a few weeks. Deadly reach may a bit slow but I love the abilty to stand still and deal damage while not telporting to the target with thunderclap when its either a molten or desecrate pack.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
1M4Dn.jpg

Eh. Could be better, but not too terrible for a first try I guess.

edit: Archon beam doesn't proc the hellfire ring? Boo :(

M.D

OK, my barb is now lvl 60 thanks to ElTopo :)

Give me the basics - What do I need to know?
How much HP and AR should I aim for? How important are attack speed, crit chance and crit damage for a barb? Also, what weapons should I look for? I know for example weapons like spears are very slow, so the weapon type probably makes a difference

Any particular items/weapons I should be looking for? I already have the IK chest armor, should I get the second set item for 60AR bonus?

Also, I need builds. I didn't really play this class since it was all power leveling. I should probably watch some Youtube videos as well.

Aim for 600, you'd be at almost 200 with an IK belt

If you're going to be using a WW build you'll want to get your movement speed to 24%. Most people do this with boots + Lacuni Prowlers. Axes and Maces give free 10% cc so most go with them. You'll want a lot of crit damage not so much cc since you get 15% for free (God damn Barbs), aim for 30%. Attack speed has its uses also since it makes your tornadoes tick faster.

Someone else can probably tell you everything else you need to know

VALKYRAY

Banned
what the hell...

when I play public games, I see a lot of lazy asian monks with terrible DPS, 15-20K ish, they dont contribute in fights, just follow the team and pick up loots on the way. their armors are not too bad in terms of defense stats, and they always have a shield. their paragon level are usually 35 above.
anyone else seen these type of monks?

zrWrl.jpg

2VOyz.jpg

Shouta

That's why you don't play in public games. I could take like 3 or 4 of those games at the same time with my half-assed monk.

koji

Followed the advice earlier in the thread and started farming on MP0, working out great so far, superfast exp, drops are still good, 2 legendaries in about an hour. Cranked it up to MP1, bought some pickup radius gear with some magic/gold find and maxed out my movement speed. Feels good to farm again, getting sick of farming keys at higher MPs.

3 legendaries and 1 set piece so far, can't complain, they're all trash though...

Favourite item has to be the Butcher's Sickle. It's proc is the most amazing shit. Despite only giving me 2.7% ls I'm surviving fine in MP7 (unless its reflect + electrified). When things get hairy I can kite away a little bit and use Deadly Reach. When the proc initiates the enemies get dragged over and stunned, then I get to wail on them with FoT as usual.

Also, Combination Stike + Foresight is a crazy ass damage boost. Fully buffed I'm around 113K. And unlike Breath of Heaven, Deadly Reach is actually useful

Your build is very similar to mine but I'm only at 50k dps unbuff. I even use a butchet sickle! Only thing different is I use way of a hundred fist with the attack speed buff on crits instead of the giant spirit spender. I also switched STI passive for resolve.

Your damage is even higher since you are using 3 spirit generators. You get that 8% damage buff plus 15% attack speed and 15% move speed. It's amazing. Definitely the way I prefer monk.

Sometimes I use crippling wave with concussion rune instead of deadly reach for the extra damage reduction. Fun stuff

Celegus

Okay, feel free to add me, name is MrDaravon#1289. I'm soloing to get keys to attempt to make myself useful for groups if nothing else.

Only thing I will say is that sometimes when I'm on it's just to listen to podcasts or due to home responsibilities I may be AFK off and on, so just please don't be offended if I turn you down (but I'll at least respond if I see it). I was about to say that I'd just show as offline when that's the case, but I'm not seeing the option; I thought they were going to be adding that?.

I'll add you once I get internets again. And don't worry about being afk or having to stop for a minute, pretty much everyone else I play with is the same way. We all have families and outside lives that are more important than a game, so you're certainly not the only one like that. Or just add me Celegus#1599 and hopefully I'll be on by the end of the week.

I'll add you once I get internets again. And don't worry about being afk or having to stop for a minute, pretty much everyone else I play with is the same way. We all have families and outside lives that are more important than a game, so you're certainly not the only one like that. Or just add me Celegus#1599 and hopefully I'll be on by the end of the week.
No names mentioned, but someone had to back out of a game with me yesterday because their wife was asking for some sex!

Congrats!

MrDaravon

No names mentioned, but someone had to back out of a game with me yesterday because their wife was asking for some sex!

Congrats on the sex!

fixed

I'll add you when I get on today Celegus; I didn't play with anyone last night because I was expecting to lose power any moment, and was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning with power and internet.

kennah

Bah.

Also did a complete act 3 clear last night and NOTHING.

*flips over a magazine rack*
*it still drops nothing worthwhile*

MrDaravon

Oh man; I decided to bite the bullet and pick up the Inna pants to replace my current pants which I knew going in was going to drop me about 9k health for 9k unbuffed damage, but I was like fuck it. Then I decided to go all in and spend the rest of my money (about 5 mil) to get some boots that were a slight upgrade but traded the MF% I had for 12% movement speed. That combined with the 12% movement speed on the Inna Pants is huuuuuuuuuge, goddamn I had no idea. Totally worth it, would have done this a while ago if I had known. Gamechanger as a DH. Now I'm broke as fuuuuuck though.

Celegus

Whoa... you were playing a DH with no movement speed? I couldn't even imagine trying to pull that off. Not that mine is any good, but the difference once I got some Lacuni's was huuuuuge.

Revoh

Speaking as a WW barb 12% MS feels slow.
They should make it the default movement speed for every class.
24% feels about right and 0% is just a pain in the balls

MrDaravon

Whoa... you were playing a DH with no movement speed? I couldn't even imagine trying to pull that off. Not that mine is any good, but the difference once I got some Lacuni's was huuuuuge.

This keeps going back to me not knowing what I'm doing lol. I just didn't think it was going to make that much of a difference. The addition of the Fleeting Shrines is actually what made me think about it, I just didn't know any better before, I don't think I had ever wound up with anything that had movement speed on it previously. The cap is 25% correct?

Oh man; I decided to bite the bullet and pick up the Inna pants to replace my current pants which I knew going in was going to drop me about 9k health for 9k unbuffed damage, but I was like fuck it. Then I decided to go all in and spend the rest of my money (about 5 mil) to get some boots that were a slight upgrade but traded the MF% I had for 12% movement speed. That combined with the 12% movement speed on the Inna Pants is huuuuuuuuuge, goddamn I had no idea. Totally worth it, would have done this a while ago if I had known. Gamechanger as a DH. Now I'm broke as fuuuuuck though.

Get another inna's set item and enjoy the extra 130 DEX. I personally recommend the belt :O

MrDaravon

Get another inna's set item and enjoy the extra 130 DEX. I personally recommend the belt :O

Yeah, I'm debating between that or the Witching Hour. The problem is that either is going to cause me to lose a shitload of Vit :/ I'm broke right now so it's a non-issue, but I haven't decided what I'm going to do there yet.

Celegus

Yeah, the cap on movement speed from equipment is 25%. I'd say it's pretty much mandatory for DH. Of course any class would benefit from it, but I can't see getting more than 12% on my barb as being worth it.

Speaking as a WW barb 12% MS feels slow.
They should make it the default movement speed for every class.
24% feels about right and 0% is just a pain in the balls

I have 24% movement speed and it's hilariously awesome when someone gets the movement speed shrine on top of that. I wish I could run around like that at all times.

I have 60m right now, but the upgrade I want is going to cost me 100-120m. I'm planning on doing some act III farming tonight if anyone is down.

kennah

I have 24% movement speed and it's hilariously awesome when someone gets the movement speed shrine on top of that. I wish I could run around like that at all times.

I have 60m right now, but the upgrade I want is going to cost me 100-120m. I'm planning on doing some act III farming tonight if anyone is down.

Try 24% movement speed + shrine + WotB = 69% Movement speed. It's so awesome.

M.D

Aim for 600, you'd be at almost 200 with an IK belt

If you're going to be using a WW build you'll want to get your movement speed to 24%. Most people do this with boots + Lacuni Prowlers. Axes and Maces give free 10% cc so most go with them. You'll want a lot of crit damage not so much cc since you get 15% for free (God damn Barbs), aim for 30%. Attack speed has its uses also since it makes your tornadoes tick faster.

Someone else can probably tell you everything else you need to know

600AR? How much HP should I look for? I'm guessing barbs normally need to have higher health since they are right in there taking every hit?

Also, what do you mean barbs get free %15 cc? Are you talking about a certain skills that gives you that?

Is there any other particular item I should look? I will get the IK belt for the set bonus and life steal, but other than the boots I don't see anything really great, and the set bonuses other then the AR aren't really interesting (could be wrong tho)

Andariel's Visage is really crazy as far as helms go. I can get one with high STR and resistances for couple hundred thousands, or one with a socket for about the same price as the most basic IK helm, but the AV also gives me attack speed in addition to CC

Boots - The IK boots seem pretty perfect with nice STR, VIT and movement speed and they don't cost a lot

I'm guessing the most expensive things as a barb are going to be my weapons? Are there any legendary/set weapons that I should look?

600AR? How much HP should I look for? I'm guessing barbs normally need to have higher health since they are right in there taking every hit?

Also, what do you mean barbs get free %15 cc? Are you talking about a certain skills that gives you that?

Is there any other particular item I should look? I will get the IK belt for the set bonus and life steal, but other than the boots I don't see anything really great, and the set bonuses other then the AR aren't really interesting (could be wrong tho)

Andariel's Visage is really crazy as far as helms go. I can get one with high STR and resistances for couple hundred thousands, or one with a socket for about the same price as the most basic IK helm, but the AV also gives me attack speed in addition to CC

Boots - The IK boots seem pretty perfect with nice STR, VIT and movement speed and they don't cost a lot

I'm guessing the most expensive things as a barb are going to be my weapons? Are there any legendary/set weapons that I should look?

Barb can roll with 20% cc and 100% crit dmg for free with two passives.
Also barb have all res roll on all IK set pieces.
Monks get zero dps multiplier passive and Inna's set pieces don't roll all res on every pieces.

You want to roll melee ? Roll barb. It's easier to stuff yourself, easier to survive, to dps, to farm more, etc...

larvi

It does help to not have kids!

Or have kids that play D3. Actually my daughters play more WoW than D3 at the moment so I haven't ran with them much. I keep trying to get them back to D3, hopefully someday.

On another note, I just hit plvl 50 on my DH, started playing with a bola/turret build as opposed to my usual glass canon build and was able to run all 3 acts on mp8 (although it is still more effecient to farm on lower mp levels). Still trying to figure out the best balance between mf gear, dps gear, hp gear, exp gear, etc though.

Revoh

I have 60m too, I'll try to buy an IK chest tonight now that they're cheaper. It's been a long time since I've bought an upgrade for my barb. I'll be online after work -- 5 hours from now.

Fularu

Banned
I need to start playing with gaffers. I can handle MP5 keyruns fine with my 62k dps barb (selfbuffed). I only have one machine though (only one key needed for the second one)

Definity

I have 60m too, I'll try to buy an IK chest tonight now that they're cheaper. It's been a long time since I've bought an upgrade for my barb. I'll be online after work -- 5 hours from now.

Ha. I've got close to 60M now too and I'm holding out for a shenlong fist wep w/ socket and at least 950base dps. I got a bit more to go.

I've got 5 infernal machines ready to go later.

woober

ibpaCSLjYQDS8X.png

Got this to drop in Act 3 MP3. I was looking up this godly amulet on the AH yesterday thinking how I'd never be able to afford one and hoped I'd find one myself. So good.

Revoh

Ha. I've got close to 60M now too and I'm holding out for a shenlong fist wep w/ socket and at least 950base dps. I got a bit more to go.

I've got 5 infernal machines ready to go later.

Let's do some ubers, yo.
We should play with that Wizard guy HDVision and do it on MP10 again.
His CC spells made MP10 a piece of cake the other day. Makes me want to gear my wiz but I don't want to start at paragon level 0 all over again :(

Definity

Key and set item. Not bad. This is my third set item in two days.

iBuCRb6wOYy0f.png

Debating if I should sell the helm or use it over the inna I have now. Gain 2000 vit, 600 dps, but lose 40 of a resist.

Dahbomb

I got a Spirit Stone today too...

But it was the lvl61 Legendary Stone which was not that good. No crit chance and no socket but it did have LPSS and attack speed with life%, dex and phy res.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I need to start playing with gaffers. I can handle MP5 keyruns fine with my 62k dps barb (selfbuffed). I only have one machine though (only one key needed for the second one)
Everyone needs to post their tags with any post that mentions wanting people to play with.

ammostiel#1897. Add me, please.

I wish my daughter could farm with me... too bad she's only 14 months.
14 months? If you give her a Hellfire Ring, she should be able to get a new character up to Inferno no problem.

Definity

I'd like to see your stats.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Definity-1145/hero/1675077

Level 47 paragon.
Only around 78k dps unbuffed but with deadly reach I can get up to 120k dps. I survive on 3% life steal and 350 loh. I still switch to shield every now and then for certain packs but for the most part MP5 is easy.

EDIT:
That spirit stone I picked up was an upgrade for me in some areas but is not even worth 500k any longer. Oh, how the market has crashed.

My first ring!

untitled-63.jpg

Saying goodbye to my DH for now and starting a Barb. This should help. I'll have to get a more dps focused one eventually.

M.D

Barb can roll with 20% cc and 100% crit dmg for free with two passives.
Also barb have all res roll on all IK set pieces.
Monks get zero dps multiplier passive and Inna's set pieces don't roll all res on every pieces.

You want to roll melee ? Roll barb. It's easier to stuff yourself, easier to survive, to dps, to farm more, etc...

I already have a barb at 60, I'm just asking cause I don't know anything about this class (power leveling all the way to 60) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom