• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Power leveling is such a waste of time. You end up useless because you don't know the class. Takes longer to figure out what you're doing than it would have to just level the class yourself.

My first ring!

untitled-63.jpg

Saying goodbye to my DH for now and starting a Barb. This should help. I'll have to get a more dps focused one eventually.

Pretty great ring for a barb! Nice little LOH + Life bonus, you'll be sooo tanky.

Ha. I've got close to 60M now too and I'm holding out for a shenlong fist wep w/ socket and at least 950base dps. I got a bit more to go.

I've got 5 infernal machines ready to go later.

I'm saving to upgrade my relentless assault to that exact description. It should push me to about 110k dps unbuffed. Currently my relentless assault only has 62% crit dmg.

I need a better hellfire ring and need to upgrade my fist if legend to a higher base dps.

After that, I think I'm just gonna start selling gold. Lol

Fularu

Banned
Everyone needs to post their tags with any post that mentions wanting people to play with.

ammostiel#1897. Add me, please.

14 months? If you give her a Hellfire Ring, she should be able to get a new character up to Inferno no problem.
I'm at work but from memory it's Grosbill#1217, I'll edit once I'm home.

So far DIII has been single player only (with over 300 hours played on my barb)

Playing with eek for about 10 minutes made me realize how completely inefficient I am at farming lol.

Yup lol.

My inventory looked like that a couple of days ago until I Brimstoned half of them. Nothing worse than looking at 3 Dawns in your inventory.

But holy shit at 5 Hellfire rings!

If you've got the AH slots. Try 1.25bid no buyout RMAH. I sold my dawn for that eventually .25 cent sales equals about 500k gold. lot more than a brimstone. Not saying it works everytime but I always seem to have RMAH slots available since only really good stuff sells for anything of real amount of money.

Dahbomb

My inventory looked like that a couple of days ago until I Brimstoned half of them. Nothing worse than looking at 3 Dawns in your inventory.

But holy shit at 5 Hellfire rings!

Definity

If you've got the AH slots. Try 1.25bid no buyout RMAH. I sold my dawn for that eventually .25 cent sales equals about 500k gold. lot more than a brimstone. Not saying it works everytime but I always seem to have RMAH slots available since only really good stuff sells for anything of real amount of money.

I've sold a bunch of stuff that way. With gold at .50 per mil it can add up in no time.

MrDaravon

Okay, question because I'm confused. Does the Inna belt overall add 7% Holy damage? The way the description reads as "adds 7% to holy damage" read to me that if I was doing a holy attack that would do 7% more damage. However I don't have anything holy equipped (unless I'm missing it?) and when I equipped it seems to have raised my unbuffed damage an additional 7% beyond what the stat comparison show, and that's including the 2-set dex bonus.

larvi

Okay, question because I'm confused. Does the Inna belt overall add 7% Holy damage? The way the description reads as "adds 7% to holy damage" read to me that if I was doing a holy attack that would do 7% more damage. However I don't have anything holy equipped (unless I'm missing it?) and when I equipped it seems to have raised my unbuffed damage an additional 7% beyond what the stat comparison show, and that's including the 2-set dex bonus.

The way I understand it, it takes 7% of your weapons non-elemental damage and adds that on top. Your bow is ideal for this since all of it's dps comes from non elemental damage so in addition to the 859-1342 of damage you do now hte belt would add about 60-94 in holy damage.

MrDaravon

Fuck, if I had known that I would have swapped out to this a long time ago. I'd been agonizing over making the changeout because I'd be losing a bunch of vit and all resist for about a 7k (unbuffed) damage increase. Instead it wound up being about 17k which made it totally worth it. Maaaaaaaaan :(

Demy

The way I understand it, it takes 7% of your weapons non-elemental damage and adds that on top. Your bow is ideal for this since all of it's dps comes from non elemental damage so in addition to the 859-1342 of damage you do now hte belt would add about 60-94 in holy damage.

I heard yesterday from someone streaming on twitch that it now works on elemental dmg also. So its just a straight 7% dmg boost.

DSmalls84

I think I have just found my first really big item?

Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
429 def
180 str
95 dex
94 int
250 vit
468 loh
12% life
20% mf

Any idea how much I should list these for and how I should set up the auction? My highest sale before was maybe 5 mil prior to 1.0.4.

Start up Act 3 MP1, exit the main entrance, and this drops from the third white monster

PxCsf.jpg

Every time I see other classes' equipment, I question myself: Why the hell is my Inna's third set bonus .33 Spirit per second? What a stupid ass TERRIBLE bonus. Oh jee thanks, it now takes me 6 minutes to fully restore my spirit bar!

I got Inna's Pants, Belts and Armor right now, and oh god how I wish it was either some life bonus, some decent spirit regen bonus (like 2 per second? That's not amazing but hey it's pretty good!) or some all resist bonus.

Looking at all set pieces, my god, no wonder my monk dies all the time. If you wanna get some serious dps with monks you just have to give up SO MUCH defensive stats because of your stupid set gears :I

Every time I see other classes' equipment, I question myself: Why the hell is my Inna's third set bonus .33 Spirit per second? What a stupid ass TERRIBLE bonus. Oh jee thanks, it now takes me 6 minutes to fully restore my spirit bar!

I got Inna's Pants, Belts and Armor right now, and oh god how I wish it was either some life bonus, some decent spirit regen bonus (like 2 per second? That's not amazing but hey it's pretty good!) or some all resist bonus.

Looking at all set pieces, my god, no wonder my monk dies all the time. If you wanna get some serious dps with monks you just have to give up SO MUCH defensive stats because of your stupid set gears :I

The funniest part is that a nerf to OWE is in contention. So unless you're rich enough to have an all res set you're going be losing more defense :lol

Hesemonni

Banned
I think I have just found my first really big item?

Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
429 def
180 str
95 dex
94 int
250 vit
468 loh
12% life
20% mf

Any idea how much I should list these for and how I should set up the auction? My highest sale before was maybe 5 mil prior to 1.0.4.
You should set up the auction so that you right-click said Jousting Mail and see what similar items sell for. The belt itself is a pretty good belt and the only obvious things missing are sockets / AR. The lack of sockets is made up by good str and huge vit roll tho', but the lack or AR or any kind of resist hurts it a little bit. 30-60M ?
OWE and SW/Cyclone nerfs are incoming. Prepare yourselves my fellow Monk warriors.
I'd love them to do something ridiculous like slashing 50% of OWE. Love them in a sense that after that I could pretty much finally start playing some other game than D3 :p

E: Gotta love AH, just bought a average dmg ring with my resist and crit dmg for 25k and boosted my dps ~2k .

eek5

They didn't want people to rely on OWE so they designed set items to only be able to roll a single resistance....

making stacking double resis on non-Inna pieces even MORE important and increasing reliance on OWE. Ooops. LOL

If all the Inna pieces rolled 70-80 allres and it had a 3-set bonus of 60 allres people would be dumping OWE instantly. They really fucked up. Right now the only people who can drop OWE spent a FORTUNE on their gear. I guess the bright side is the fact that everyone is still running OWE means that they won't notice how bad Monk's other passives are.

M.D

Are there any good pants for a barb? I mean like a set or legendary item

I can't find anything other than the depths diggers

alife

Haven't logged in for a few months, 1.03 was probably the last time I played, so I log in and AH for a while, then pick up an Andy's V w/ 204 dex AS 9% for 150k. The fuck happened to the economy nukkah

NOW they put critical hit chance on Lacuni Prowlers. Fuckers. I had like 5 of those pre-1.04.
But deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaamn, The Witching Hour looks good (Crit Dmg and AS on a belt?!). 25m starting b/o

Gaf, where should i go next?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/es/profile/Izcariel-2181/hero/3662784

Im using a Frenzy + Rend build ( WW really bores me) and i want to increase my dps but its getting harder and harder.
Maybe i should change my weapons?

Yeah you really need some movement speed bro. Maybe think about getting some lacuni's since they give speed bonus or just upgrade your boots.

Otherwise the biggest dps upgrade you could get would come from an Echoing fury.

DSmalls84

You should set up the auction so that you right-click said Jousting Mail and see what similar items sell for. The belt itself is a pretty good belt and the only obvious things missing are sockets / AR. The lack of sockets is made up by good str and huge vit roll tho', but the lack or AR or any kind of resist hurts it a little bit. 30-60M ?

I'd love them to do something ridiculous like slashing 50% of OWE. Love them in a sense that after that I could pretty much finally start playing some other game than D3 :p

E: Gotta love AH, just bought a average dmg ring with my resist and crit dmg for 25k and boosted my dps ~2k .

Hmm a few of the auctions start at 22,000,000, and one of them at 100,000,000. The only buyout is 150,000,000.

now, with my monk with only all resists equip i must change OWE.

I'm using the non-stop tempest rush build with a skorn.... ¿suggestions for my third pasive?

(using now the pasives 35% regeneration for 2h, and double duration mantra for the extra spirit)

Izcarielo

Banned
Yeah you really need some movement speed bro. Maybe think about getting some lacuni's since they give speed bonus or just upgrade your boots.

Otherwise the biggest dps upgrade you could get would come from an Echoing fury.

Yeah, movement speed is a stat i really lack, and in comparison with my DH friend (25% movement speed) i feel sluggish as hell.
By the way i already saw that mace, but the fear on hit is a real nightmare for me.
BTW, my battletag is Izcariel#2181 just in case some gaffer wants to do some infernal machine runs :)

Shadow780

Oh man this Lootalert thing is amazing.

I have Sonic soundbyte for Fleeing Shrine, Gold Digger for rings/amulets, and FFVII victory theme for legendaries.

I hope it's okay to use it, what a saver for ww barbs.

I was using loot alert but stopped after the patch came out just because as I understand it, level 61/62 items can now roll lvl 63 stats.

True/false? If not, maybe I'll switch back as it does slow things down picking up all yellow as I suck at remembering the names.

kennah

All items in inferno MP can roll 63 stats. But only 61-63 weapons can roll high damage.

So even armour is worth looking at (but everyone only searches for 60 and up anyway)

All items in inferno MP can roll 63 stats. But only 61-63 weapons can roll high damage.

So even armour is worth looking at (but everyone only searches for 60 and up anyway)

The nice thing is that level 58 armor has a level requirement of 60 so it fits searches.

Man ... I was having a horrid time last night. Then ... 10 minutes to go in my late night run, I find some gloves. Bomb trifecta rolls with good dex, vit and 20% MF. BOOM.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

The only downside is that they have NO AR. My old gloves had both AR and Arcane Res. I had 813 AR. These new gloves dropped me from 813 to 699 AR. So I bought a better ammy with AR and Arcane. The ammy was a loss to my damage, but the combination of both the gloves I found and the ammy I bought gave me about 4.5K DPS and 2K life with only giving up about 30 AR. I have about 780 AR now. I did have to spend 50 million on the new ammy, but I think I'll get that right back by selling my old set of ammy and gloves.

So far I've found and am wearing my Helm, Gloves, Nats Ring and one of my Shenlongs. I was wearing my old icewalkers, but switched to the nat set for the 7 CC.

1.0.5 has been awesome. (well ... except for not being able to dodge RD lol)

OWE and SW/Cyclone nerfs are incoming. Prepare yourselves my fellow Monk warriors.

You just saying this from a gut feeling or did a blue post something recently? They better not mess with my OWE. If I had to re-gear my monk now I would probably sell everythying on RMAH and quit.

Definity

Finally spent some gold and made a few upgrades. I'm sitting around 90k dps unbuffed now with my monk. Had to drop down to around 650 resist but 3% life steal and 350 loh seems to keep me alive without issue.

Kinda crazy how much dps you can get up to using deadly reach and combo strike. I think it's somewhere around 140k dps for me, lol. Useful build IMO when you need to stand in place and deal damage since thunderclap teleports you to the target.

M.D

Barb-GAF, I need your help! What am I doing wrong here?

I started playing as a barb today (power leveled to 60, I don't know a lot about this class), and I can barely do MP1!

These are my full stats

I know I should upgrade the gems, I'm just waiting for some things to sell so I don't run out of gold

I die REALLY quickly. I just tried MP2 and I take huge hits from normal mobs... what the hell is happening here?

My resistances are fairly high (or should I aim higher?), and I currently have 30K HP
How much armor should I aim for? I'm guessing this is way too low for a barb?

Also, should I get some LOH in addition to life steal? I guess life steal will work better as I get higher DPS

Any advice would be welcome!

Finally spent some gold and made a few upgrades. I'm sitting around 90k dps unbuffed now with my monk. Had to drop down to around 650 resist but 3% life steal and 350 loh seems to keep me alive without issue.

Kinda crazy how much dps you can get up to using deadly reach and combo strike. I think it's somewhere around 140k dps for me, lol. Useful build IMO when you need to stand in place and deal damage since thunderclap teleports you to the target.

I've considered doing this but don't want to drop any defensive passives. I like my armor :(

Rom1944

Barb-GAF, I need your help! What am I doing wrong here?

I started playing as a barb today (power leveled to 60, I don't know a lot about this class), and I can barely do MP1!

These are my full stats

I know I should upgrade the gems, I'm just waiting for some things to sell so I don't run out of gold

I die REALLY quickly. I just tried MP2 and I take huge hits from normal mobs... what the hell is happening here?

My resistances are fairly high (or should I aim higher?), and I currently have 30K HP
How much armor should I aim for? I'm guessing this is way too low for a barb?

Also, should I get some LOH in addition to life steal? I guess life steal will work better as I get higher DPS

Any advice would be welcome!

You need to get more vit and life per hit(even at the expense of dps i do 42k unbuffed and i can farm mp5 without any problems) its a must with mp on, as enemies last longer and can get you good.

you can use rend, charge and vengance as health aid its works for me.

Dahbomb

So what is everyones long term goals with D3? Burning time until PvP? Getting your class to 200k+ dps?? 100 p level? Make a good sum of money on the RMAH? Or are you just killing time until the next game?

syllogism

So what is everyones long term goals with D3? Burning time until PvP? Getting your class to 200k+ dps?? 100 p level? Make a good sum of money on the RMAH? Or are you just killing time until the next game?
I suppose I achieved my long term goals. Had almost 300k dps (archon wiz) with high vit and resistances. I was still sort of having fun farming, but decided it was time to move on. Sold my stuff for gold, ended up with around 1.8 billion and sold the gold on rmah. I wish I had been playing on US as I would have likely made several times more money in the end, but still not too bad as I was definitely just playing for fun. I never intended to play this long even.

IceMarker

To get my main to Paragon 50 with at least 100k DPS, my secondary to half of each of those figures and the rest to Paragon 10 with at least 35k DPS. I'm not one to PvP in primarily PvE games.

suffah

Does maths and stuff

Paragon 100 definitely on my wiz.

Debating if I should play my monk or barb as secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom