• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

She used to die instantly which is why I dropped her. That was a long time ago though like when repair costs were obnoxiously high. Farming was a bit stressful when you had to worry about being 1 shotted. Now DH is better and more versatile.

If it weren't for Paragon levels I would be alternating Monk and DH with since Wiz thrown in.

Wallach

Simple question, how much better is this game than when it launched? On track to be a sweet game y/n?

It's right about where it should have been at launch. Some of the very core problems regarding build depth and thin content obviously remain, and PvP is still absent, but it's worth messing around with at this point. By the time the expansion pack comes out so they can address some of their basic character build problems, this is going to be a pretty good game.

sleepykyo

Why? They're fun and they kill shit quickly, anything you don't like about them except for the overpriced gear?

What was the Blizzard word, "binary"? DHs had the whole immortal (SS, Gloom) or tissue paper armor thing going on? Even complains about the monk defense, but they at least had the ability to gain armor via STI and resists via OWE and/or In Time of Need. Though I guess the whole do or die aspect is arguably a strength for the high risk-high reward crowd.

Dahbomb

Well now DH got 3 defensive options to choose from. The Boar, Sentries and Perfectionist... all significantly buffed. You can added Numbing Traps passive and it works like Resolve.

Vodh

Yeah, and Gloom lasts muuuch longer now. I guess I can see where the complaints are coming from, but I'd also say they've addressed them quite well in the patch. Wouldn't mind Boar being more durable, but with Perfectionist, Covering Fire: Harden, Boar and Gloom I've been enjoying DH very much. I'm able to tank stuff for longer than 3 seconds now, and it feels pretty good! Hopefully I might actually stick with a main for more than a week (whenever I wasn't switching mains, I was just taking a break from D3)

Cipherr

Well now DH got 3 defensive options to choose from. The Boar, Sentries and Perfectionist... all significantly buffed. You can added Numbing Traps passive and it works like Resolve.

Numbing traps is garbage, it lasts for three seconds after they touch the trap. That might be worth something if we had infinite discipline and could sacrifice an offensive action to reapply the debuff, but we cannot, discipline is finite, and regens VERY slowly. They have made some nice changes to our defense, but they could definitely still do more, starting with trashing numbing traps completely in favor of another real defensive passive.

I dont know I really just really feel DH's are underpowered compared to how fragile they are. I've never had enough to buy good gear to get a super high DPS. So there are monks/barbs with the same DPS and I laugh cause I die in a second and they WW through poison desecration and hits and its just disheartening. You don't realize it til MP5/6 when the monks and barbs rush through trash mobs to get to the next E and then you try and follow them but get two shot my those little Forgotten Peons.

If I transferred my Monks gear to my DH and used that bow I found she would do around 100k dps easily (no SS).

Even then, the usual SW -> Cyclone, Overawe refreshing Monk would probably clear content faster than a DH about half the dps

I dont know I really just really feel DH's are underpowered compared to how fragile they are. I've never had enough to buy good gear to get a super high DPS. So there are monks/barbs with the same DPS and I laugh cause I die in a second and they WW through poison desecration and hits and its just disheartening. You don't realize it til MP5/6 when the monks and barbs rush through trash mobs to get to the next E and then you try and follow them but get two shot my those little Forgotten Peons.

It's true. With my Monk I can run past everything and a few seconds later my regen makes up for the damage I took. The general caution, and the need to kill everything for safe passage makes DH far more stressful to play

And the boar dies instantly and takes quite awhile to respawn.

10% resists from perfectionist right? OWE gives you like so much more extra resist. That alone is a completely unbalanced trade in classes.

If we are taking 30% extra damage shouldnt we have a natural 30% damage modifier?

I'm gunna stop lol dont wanna crybaby too much :)

Wallach

Class balance is still pretty shit, yeah. I have flipped between my Monk and DH a few times, generally with much better gear for my DH and it's a joke how much easier the Monk is. Can hardly imagine how big the gap is between Barbarian and DH.

MrDaravon

Yeah, the boar would be way more useful if you didn't have to respawn it; at the very least it could just be immortal but go "down" temporarily like a companion. Even rocking all of the "defensive" options available to DH's I still die if anything looks at me. Really though my biggest problem now is Reflect Damage mobs more than anything else.

Dahbomb

Numbing traps is garbage, it lasts for three seconds after they touch the trap. That might be worth something if we had infinite discipline and could sacrifice an offensive action to reapply the debuff, but we cannot, discipline is finite, and regens VERY slowly. They have made some nice changes to our defense, but they could definitely still do more, starting with trashing numbing traps completely in favor of another real defensive passive.
Well it applies to Sentry too though.

Wallach

Yeah, the boar would be way more useful if you didn't have to respawn it; at the very least it could just be immortal but go "down" temporarily like a companion. Even rocking all of the "defensive" options available to DH's I still die if anything looks at me. Really though my biggest problem now is Reflect Damage mobs more than anything else.

Reflect is such an annoying roll for a DH. Especially if you are running Sentry; it is pretty stupid that they will trigger reflect on you yet they won't trigger LoH or LS for you, so putting one out (or having one out when stumbling into a RD pack) is frustrating as fuck.

eek5

Class balance is still pretty shit, yeah. I have flipped between my Monk and DH a few times, generally with much better gear for my DH and it's a joke how much easier the Monk is. Can hardly imagine how big the gap is between Barbarian and DH.

Yeah shit is pretty fucked up. My Barb isn't as well geared as my monk but it wrecks shit with ease. I can kill 4 packs of elites in MP7 whereas 2 packs in MP5 would probably give my monk issues.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Excited I looted a set ring! Turns out to be worthless Compass Rose.

What is everyone doing with the their useless legendaries?

Demy

First time I've seen double legendary drop off 1 mob.

vZFPU.jpg

MrDaravon

My constant Legendary troll is horribly rolled Lacuni Prowlers and Strongarm Bracers; I probably get one or more of each every day.

I just found this, is this actually any good? AH is still down, and I've never found or priced one of these before. Looking at the website it seems like I got pretty good rolls, but that doesn't mean shit on a lot of items.

453ag.jpg

mackaveli

anyone want to do some power lvling? I have some low lvl characters I want to get to 60. I'll do the same for you.

Mackaveli#1272

HNNNNNNNNNG

l3CFM.jpg

My monk would probably lose some DPS from that second ammy, but damn, the defensive stats would just allow me to go all out on some other gears where I could get a lot of DPS. Good find man :p

Edit: the first ammy is -amazing- for barbs :p It'd be great if there was another class that could get stats from str, too.

MrDaravon

My monk would probably lose some DPS from that second ammy, but damn, the defensive stats would just allow me to go all out on some other gears where I could get a lot of DPS. Good find man :p

Edit: the first ammy is -amazing- for barbs :p It'd be great if there was another class that could get stats from str, too.

Yeah, I'm going to keep and use the second amulet; the 1k damage loss is negligible but the vit and resist gain is substantial. Probably the best item I'm found in the game, the second being the first amulet I had equipped :p. I should be able to get a good chunk for that thing. I really wish the AH wasn't still down, I have almost a full tab of stuff I need to price, and I really want to see how much that Inna helm and that first amulet are worth :/

Just allow my monk to dodge it, that's all I freaking need.

It completely negates my biggest defensive stat :p

Or even better, make it fair to everybody. Instead of just mighty belts being able to roll with Life Steal, make all belts be able to roll LS.

sleepykyo

And the boar dies instantly and takes quite awhile to respawn.

10% resists from perfectionist right? OWE gives you like so much more extra resist. That alone is a completely unbalanced trade in classes.

If we are taking 30% extra damage shouldnt we have a natural 30% damage modifier?

I'm gunna stop lol dont wanna crybaby too much :)

They do. As does the wizard and the witch doctor according to the load screens.

On another note, finally dropping barb (assuming the gear sells) to finalize my monk or gear a wizard.

Wallach

Just allow my monk to dodge it, that's all I freaking need.

It completely negates my biggest defensive stat :p

Or even better, make it fair to everybody. Instead of just mighty belts being able to roll with Life Steal, make all belts be able to roll LS.

What's dumb is that they're reverting one change they shouldn't have made to begin with, regarding pets and reflect damage. They still need to revert the other regarding dodge, then they need to quit messing with things like that recklessly. It's just design work done for the sake of being up their own ass. It's not actually fine tuning if you don't know why you're turning a knob to begin with.

Cipherr

Demy

Either of them good?

Nope. Both were very very bad magic find items with no stats at all. Upgrades for my enchantress atleast. To bad I use scoundrel now because of how amazing he is with a buriza. If only I could get a 15% Buriza.

MrDenny

Do I need to get the infernal machine plan each time to craft the machine?

edit: nvm, I was looking under armor instead of weapon.

Do you want advice on your items/build or do you want me to tell you that WDs are not quite as effective at farming ?

Well, shit

I wouldn't mind some advice on how to quickly clear content

Is there a gimmick build at least?

As far as gear goes, not sure about the 1h. I got it for practically nothing so I'm not attached to it. What kind of weapon should I be looking at?

rCIZZLE

EegWA.png

First hellfire... how'd I do? Ignore the shitty gem, not paying 14m for something I could have gotten a few days ago for 6. :(

DSmalls84

Well found 3 legendary items yesterday.

Dawn
Gavel of Judgement
Stormshield

All of them were garbage, but it still felt good to finally find a SS. Also got my first Hellfire Ring as well.

It rolled:

Lightning resist
All Resist
Life on Kill
Crit Damage

Not great but could have been worse.

Also what are you guys using to screencap your items and post them?

rCIZZLE

Well found 3 legendary items yesterday.

Dawn
Gavel of Judgement
Stormshield

All of them were garbage, but it still felt good to finally find a SS. Also got my first Hellfire Ring as well.

It rolled:

Lightning resist
All Resist
Life on Kill
Crit Damage

Not great but could have been worse.

Also what are you guys using to screencap your items and post them?

I just use print screen -> paste into paint -> crop -> save -> imgur.com to upload.

Celegus

First hellfire... how'd I do? Ignore the shitty gem, not paying 14m for something I could have gotten a few days ago for 6. :(

That seems pretty decent, better than a lot I've seen. I still haven't made my first ring yet, but I'd be happy with that one.

Found another Ivory Tower and a crap Andy's Visage last night, but it's nice to be able to play again. Gotta get some keys to drop, those bosses really have it out for me.

Wolfie5

Did two Act2 co-op runs on MP3 with paragon 39 today.

Got 2 set items and one legendary:
Manajuma's Carving Knife (only 830 dps without socket) With socket it would probably been an upgrade. So close to getting the weapon upgrade I wanted.

Blackthorne's Spurs with some dex and vit roll. Maybe worth 1m.

Andariel Visage with dex roll that I gave away.

Decent drops and first time getting 2 set items in one round. Also got the key to drop on both runs. Pretty lucky there.

Agree with the consensus here that a DH can be hard to roll with at times. I've tended to run around MP7 when key hunting along with running ubers and it can be challenging at times even with the discipline regen from Nat's Legacy.

I did learn something new about Gloom yesterday too. I'd always assumed that any traps that I put down(in my case Caltrops - Jagged Spikes) would trigger lifesteal if I used gloom afterwards. Apparently though this isn't the case. Traps will only give you lifesteal as part of gloom if you first cast gloom *then* lay down the traps. Should help me with reflect because often I'd put down 4 or 5 caltrops then pop gloom at the last second after and didn't understand why I'd wind up dying or close to it.

kennah

That seems pretty decent, better than a lot I've seen. I still haven't made my first ring yet, but I'd be happy with that one.

Found another Ivory Tower and a crap Andy's Visage last night, but it's nice to be able to play again. Gotta get some keys to drop, those bosses really have it out for me.

We will have to fix this. :) I still have 2 machines left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom