• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I'm thinking about getting an AV - It's relatively cheap and will boost my damage by 13K DPS, but there's also the part where I take %16 more fire damage, and it probably matters more to a barb than to other classes

My fire res is 609 (66.94%) and 729 (70.85%) with War Cry
That means it will be 50.94 and 54.85 with War Cry

It will probably hurt, but I will get to kill things a lot faster with that DPS boost.
Should I take it?

MrDaravon

Fucking badass; with my new amulet I found I listed the previous one at 450 million (which is undercutting the next at all comparable one by 50 million, and mine has a small life regen). Then as I was going through the other stuff I had stashed I completely missed that the shit vit roll Lacuni Prowlers I found yesterday had 4% crit chance on them, making them worth about 30 million. Almost, but not quite an upgrade for me over my Strongarm Bracers, if my movement speed wasn't already at 24% I'd probably take the hit but that's a no-go so that's sellable as well. Also in playing with some of you guys last night I think I figured out a way better Act 3 run based on what we seemed to be doing. And that Inna's helm I found was worth a few million.

It is a good morning!

DSmalls84

I'm thinking about getting an AV - It's relatively cheap and will boost my damage by 13K DPS, but there's also the part where I take %16 more fire damage, and it probably matters more to a barb than to other classes

It will probably hurt, but I will get to kill things a lot faster with that DPS boost.
Should I take it?

I would pick one up and give it a try. If you gain that much damage it seems like it would be worth it. They are pretty cheap, and you might even be able to find someone who will give you one.

M.D

Fucking badass; with my new amulet I found I listed the previous one at 450 million (which is undercutting the next at all comparable one by 50 million, and mine has a small life regen). Then as I was going through the other stuff I had stashed I completely missed that the shit vit roll Lacuni Prowlers I found yesterday had 4% crit chance on them, making them worth about 30 million. Almost, but not quite an upgrade for me over my Strongarm Bracers, if my movement speed wasn't already at 24% I'd probably take the hit but that's a no-go so that's sellable as well. Also in playing with some of you guys last night I think I figured out a way better Act 3 run based on what we seemed to be doing. And that Inna's helm I found was worth a few million.

It is a good morning!

Are you playing EU? If yes, how much will the Lacuni braces be for a gaf bro? :>

I would pick one up and give it a try. If you gain that much damage it seems like it would be worth it. They are pretty cheap, and you might even be able to find someone who will give you one.

It's gone but there's a better one with %14 fire damage taken with a 3.6M bid and no buyout ending in 5 hours. I'll probably try to get it.

MrDaravon

Are you playing EU? If yes, how much will the Lacuni braces be for a gaf bro? :>

I'm US, sorry :(. Also they already sold lol. I just undercut the lowest one by 2 million and it sold almost right away, which is really weird because the one I undercut was identical but the vit roll on the one I undercut was almost triple mine, no idea why you wouldn't just spend 2 million more at that point (this is like 30 million here) to get that.

I also went through all the stuff I found, and found several rings and amulets I picked up that I can probably clear 2-4 million on, and now with the Lacunis sold I'm sitting on the most money I've ever had (37 million). Good times.

M.D

I'm US, sorry :(. Also they already sold lol. I just undercut the lowest one by 2 million and it sold almost right away, which is really weird because the one I undercut was identical but the vit roll on the one I undercut was almost triple mine, no idea why you wouldn't just spend 2 million more at that point (this is like 30 million here) to get that.

I also went through all the stuff I found, and found several rings and amulets I picked up that I can probably clear 2-4 million on, and now with the Lacunis sold I'm sitting on the most money I've ever had (37 million). Good times.

The AH is just weird like that :p

DSmalls84

It's gone but there's a better one with %14 fire damage taken with a 3.6M bid and no buyout ending in 5 hours. I'll probably try to get it.

I have one I placed on the ah last night that I could give you to try out if you want. It's got an Int stat roll and no socket, but a low Fire Dam %. I won't be on until later but if no one has bid on it, you can have it.

Kafarabo

Banned
I need some serious help for my monk.
I can farm well on mp4, but i wanna go higher and I need to pretty much double my dps.
I think I have to give up either my res/armor/regen.
But I think ill die way too fast on higher mp if I reduce them.
I swap to innas pants and some speed boots for faster run speed when hunting for elites and then I swap back to my main gear:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kafarabo-1510/hero/1731405

I love the armor/regen/res on my depth diggers, but I probably need to get some innas pieces to boost my dps, but id lose a shit ton of res/armor/life regen and id prolly die way too fast. Im at around 900 res, 6.3k armor. And mp5 is quite hard.
I feel like im trapped.

DSmalls84

Does anyone know if Mistrial Breeze or Wicked Wind has a higher CM proc rate now? WW seems to work really well on large groups of slow enemies or bosses, but Mistrial Breeze seems like it would be better against single enemies.

M.D

I have one I placed on the ah last night that I could give you to try out if you want. It's got an Int stat roll and no socket, but a low Fire Dam %. I won't be on until later but if no one has bid on it, you can have it.

Thanks, I already have 2 one with INT and one with DEX, they give me about +4.5K DPS
I'm planning to get one with 230+ STR that would give me the +13K DPS

I'll just get it. I could always sell it if I think the tradeoff is not worth it.

BTW, if anyone needs one of my AV helm, you can have them. 156 DEX 31AR and %14 fire dmg, 157 INT 83 VIT and %22 fire dmg (EU)

Should I take it?

Couldn't you try to get one with 5% fire damage? There are so many dropping that people don't take it into account and attach a premium on the AH.

Only pain in the ass bit is having to sift through them all since you can't search for that particular stat.

M.D

Couldn't you try to get one with 5% fire damage? There are so many dropping that people don't take it into account and attach a premium on the AH.

Only pain in the ass bit is having to sift through them all since you can't search for that particular stat.

I saw one with %5 fire dmg for 1M but it had 130-150 STR, I'm trying to get one with about 230 STR for a big DPS boost.

MrDaravon

Hmm, to equip or not to equip.

o1xOC.jpg

MrDaravon

Yup, just need to make or buy a vit gem, I've never needed to make any.

Also I just got a Sever out of one of the small regular chests; I thought you couldn't get Legendaries out of small chests?

I can farm well on mp4, but i wanna go higher and I need to pretty much double my dps.
I swap to innas pants and some speed boots for faster run speed when hunting for elites and then I swap back to my main gear:

I love the armor/regen/res on my depth diggers, but I probably need to get some innas pieces to boost my dps, but id lose a shit ton of res/armor/life regen and id prolly die way too fast. Im at around 900 res, 6.3k armor. And mp5 is quite hard.
I feel like im trapped.

Get a socket for that echoing furing and some LOH on the ammy. Drop the IAS / VIT and some dex on your offhand forf some lifesteal? I'm not sure how you're even surviving MP4 without anything but life regen. You need some sort of LOH / Life steal. If you get it on your offhand, you can get another damage modifier on your ammy and ring.

Talaysen

Does anyone know if Mistrial Breeze or Wicked Wind has a higher CM proc rate now? WW seems to work really well on large groups of slow enemies or bosses, but Mistrial Breeze seems like it would be better against single enemies.

They have the same proc coefficient. I think Mistral Breeze is only better if you have low APoC / crit / attack speed. If you can spam Wicked Wind without constantly being out of AP, then it's better, since it'll just sit on enemies the whole time rather than move out of the way.

Though Mistral Breeze may be better against ranged enemies that keep moving. Not sure about that.

Celegus

We will have to fix this. :) I still have 2 machines left

I sure hope so! Still not sure if I want to chance a STR ring or make a safe VIT ring. I do finally have a machine though, did an Act 3 key run on my lunch break and actually got the thing finally.

kennah

I sure hope so! Still not sure if I want to chance a STR ring or make a safe VIT ring. I do finally have a machine though, did an Act 3 key run on my lunch break and actually got the thing finally.

Awesome! I think Str Ring is next for me as well, though I'm not particularly impressed with my Int one. I'm pretty good to go for tonight, though will have to check with the boss.

Did three bosses last night with a few other gaffers, and I got every piece but the one I needed. So now I have three spines, two fangs and no eyes :(

MrDaravon

I still haven't tried the bosses/machine yet at all, will have to do that in a group at some point. I'm one key short of being able to make two machines right now though.

Also I am on a fucking roll this morning, found that ring and equipped it. Looks like I will clear 50-75 million for the one I replaced it with, and then I found a good Butcher Sickle with above average damage and good LOH with a max crit % roll that looks I will clear quite a bit for as well.

Yo man I want some of that Uber juice.

If not tonight for sure some time this weekend. I have two each of the Spine and Eye and need the fang.

I like my helfire ring with a double roll of DEX / LOH and AR, but I would like at least one damage modier. IAS of CC preferably.

larvi

I've got 7 machines ready to go. Flying out to Vegas tomorrow though for several days, so not sure how much uber killing I'll get in. Going to bring my laptop but between the slow framerate and crappy hotel wireless I may end up just building alts until I get back.

DSmalls84

I have 2 sets of the keys but still need to farm the plans. If anyone has space left in their groups I would like to party up. I usually play from 9-midnight EST.

neoism

Potential reflect damage changes incoming! http://www.d3rmt.com/news/318/refle...ng-considered-item-buyback-system-discussion/

All I can say is.... yes please. That is the most annoying ability ever.
The safeguard is the Buyback tab itself. We wouldn't have added the feature if not for the understanding that mistakes sometimes happen. Even so, there is a certain level of responsibility on the player when it comes to managing your inventory, and it's always a good idea to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor.

That said, I'm happy to relay on the feedback regarding a larger Buyback tab. We've actually already discussed the possibility of adding in some sort of "item-lock" system and, while we still feel that players should be mindful of what they're selling or have sold to a vendor before switching games, we haven't ruled out the idea completely.
meh blizz needs to play borderlands two and add the star favorite thing so saleing stuff by mistake isn't possible.....

M.D

Are you guys from EU? I want to join as well! I have 3 machines right now

I just did a group run on MP6 and I can handle it for the most part, but the ubers we did were ghom and rak, and the poison always killed me, so I guess I'm more suited for MP4-5

VALKYRAY

Banned

I feel like im trapped.

you have higher stats than mine almost every aspect. and yet mp5 for me is very easy.
im gussing the difference between you and I is that you only have 30K HP. plus no lifesteal or life on hit.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/25063052

I feel like im trapped.

You definitely need some life steal and can sacrifice some resist for DPS. I have about 650 resist and 5700 armor and have no problem up to MP7.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Leviathon-1520/hero/3877211

DSmalls84

Anyone have a quick act 4 farming route they can share so I can try to farm the plan for the Infernal machine? Some of my friends said it took a while for them to get it to drop!

MrDaravon

Finally buckled and bought a Manticore:

y9WCz.jpg

My total cost was about 37 million (most of my money) but it was worth it. I was sitting on hundreds of flawless square emeralds, so I bought the flawless and star emerald plans for cheap which I'd been meaning to do anyway and just made the gem for ultimately less than it would have cost on the AH, and I have the benefit of having the plans now.

The damage increase is negligible, but mainly bit on it for the Vit bonus. I sat down and did the math and figured out that assuming I get an above average but not god-tier Natalya helm, ring, and cloak for that set I will only be gaining about 12k unbuffed damage along with the added armor and resists from the boots. While that's certainly not terrible, I'm going to lose anywhere from 10-13k HP by making those swapouts, so I figured for right now at least the Manticore would be a decent option to offset a good chunk of that loss.

Anyone have a quick act 4 farming route they can share so I can try to farm the plan for the Infernal machine? Some of my friends said it took a while for them to get it to drop!

I only had to do it a couple of times so I'm not positive, but IIRC you basically just do the Tier 1 and 2 of the Gardens (?) and that should get you 5 stacks, or just about.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Ill also be on tonight as well farming keys and ubers, feel free to hit me up or add me.

In a side not I finally found a decent legendary -- strongarms with 160 int, 70+AR and 8% life. Not much but a start.

Ih this is Americas BTW

kennah

Gardens Tier 1. If you do every side room, between the events and the resplendants and the elites you'll have 5 stacks in no time.

The pain in the ass part is the Keywarden himself, not the getting the stacks.

turnbuckle

Anyone ever looking to do key farming or uber runs on mp 3-7 hit me up.

Turnbuckle#1273

lower MP for quickness or if the group isn't too well geared, but if the group feels like pushing it I've been able to handle ubers in a group up to MP7 so far. Dunno how well I'd do beyond that though :p

Celegus

Anyone ever looking to do key farming or uber runs on mp 3-7 hit me up.

Turnbuckle#1273

lower MP for quickness or if the group isn't too well geared, but if the group feels like pushing it I've been able to handle ubers in a group up to MP7 so far. Dunno how well I'd do beyond that though :p

I'll add ya later, MP6-7 is probably my limit as well.

M.D

Man, barbs are so overpowered lol :p

I just found out today that you can basically keep Wrath of the Berserker going as long as you have enough mobs, or when it comes to elites/bosses, until you kill them.

I love this class :)

turnbuckle

meh blizz needs to play borderlands two and add the star favorite thing so saleing stuff by mistake isn't possible.....

Man, barbs are so overpowered lol :p

I just found out today that you can basically keep Wrath of the Berserker going as long as you have enough mobs, or when it comes to elites/bosses, until you kill them.

I love this class :)

since finally switching to WW from rend thanks to the patch I'm having a ton of fun spinning around. I think most of my damage on champs/bosses ends up coming from hammer of the ancients now though, while I ww through packs of enemies.

eek5

Monk gear skill bonuses are so messed up. I was trying to plan out a way to spam cyclone stirke more but even with Mara's, helm, SOJ, and skull grasp it looks like the max reduction is 18 which means it still costs 12 spirit per cyclone strike (w/ 30 spirit rune). The fuck man? Everyone else gets free cost or 0CD w/ the right gear. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom