• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this Manticore tonight for 550m, 60k dps increase.
9IkGn.png

Upgraded from this
VCpfC.png

Did an Uber run with a gaffer shortly after and picked this up
p95Kc.png

:)
Tx5jI.gif

Why are you using sharpshooter? With that gear and your native crit chance, that's a waste of a passive.

I do it just for you bro.

Shouta

Man, I should've bought more Max level gems. the two I bought at 5 mil are up to 16 mil now. Gonna sell them for a tidy profit lol.

M.D

Got five machines ready and if I can force myself to get some more act 2 keys maybe nine later. Nobel peace prize server. ElTopo #2807.
I'll be home in an hour and a half, wait for me ;p

Got 3 machines and only missing act 3 keys for 2 or 3 more machines

MrDaravon

Radiant Star Emeralds now cost a million more to buy than than they cost to make yourself if you have the equivalent emeralds. What the fuck. You can buy the equivalent emeralds for about 100k. The price on the plan does seem to be going up though as well, it's up to about 3 million, I paid 2.5 yesterday.

Are there any rich barb monks on GAF who want to buy this (US) for 200 mil?

6kRpy.jpg

I'm undercutting similar ones by a decent bit, but there's this one fucker who keeps on undercutting me by 10 million. I have it up at 220 right now, but I'd realllly like to sell this today if possible since I probably am not going to be around much for a few weeks with Halo/CoD coming out. I figure in the meantime prices may go down a bit, but mainly I'd like to just complete my damn Nat set and enjoy it before I bounce out for a while :/.

DirtyLary

Long timer listener , first time caller.

I was hoping to get in with some of the Gaffers and do some farming runs. I've been pretty much solo since the 1st month of release after all my friend abandoned the game for the next big game release.

I play an arcane hydra crit Wiz. Plvl 23. Been playing the same build since I hit 60. It works. I'm only at 88k DPS but I can hold my own at MP4.

I've been solo farming keys. It would awesome to hook up with you guys and play this game as intended.

Please add me to your friends list, " DirtyLarry#1533 " I'm on alot. Thanks.

Also can any Wizards take a peak at my guy and tell me what my next upgrade should be. I'm kinda at point where I'm just hoarding gold and not sure of my next move. Thanks.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DirtyLarry-1533/hero/3537031

MrDaravon

On a roll this morning already.

xoUNt.jpg

I don't know that normally I'd take the life hit (at about 43k HP, and 177 damage in that shot) for the damage boost shown, but the elite bonus probably makes it worth it. The LOH is also a nice bonus, but probably too small to make a big difference either way. I'll probably price the Unity, and unless it's worth crazy money for some reason I'll equip it.

On a roll this morning already.

xoUNt.jpg

I don't know that normally I'd take the life hit (at about 43k HP, and 177 damage in that shot) for the damage boost shown, but the elite bonus probably makes it worth it. The LOH is also a nice bonus, but probably too small to make a big difference either way. I'll probably price the Unity, and unless it's worth crazy money for some reason I'll equip it.

Gratz!

MrDaravon

What's crazy is I priced that Unity, and I could get a similar one for around 7-10 million; I paid 12 million for the ring on the left like 3 days ago, figures.

I realllllly wish that the AH showed comparison stats; I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out upgrades (mainly for rings and amulets) on the AH because of this. Trying to manually figure out if taking dex and dropping another % or whatnot is a pain in the ass. I have a spreadsheet weapon comparison calculator I've been using for several months (which I prefer to a website one since I use the other tabs for AH stuff), but it's always off by about 2k damage. It's consistently off so it works strictly for weapon comparisons, but I cannot figure out why it's always off so I'm checking out d3rawr right now to see if maybe that's an alternative. Or does anyone know of a good spreadsheet calculator I can download? Would prefer that.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I find someone on my list that is afk and link them all the items. Then go in game and check.

Ghetto but it works.

DSmalls84

Rare Sword - 1 handed

Damage - 910
Crit Damage - 97%
Socket - 1
Life Steal - 2.8%

Can I get a price check on this rare sword please? Seems like it would be worth a pretty good amount but I really don't have a clue how much.

MrDaravon

I find someone on my list that is afk and link them all the items. Then go in game and check.

Ghetto but it works.

That's actually pretty funny, and not a terrible idea.

In my continuing saga to find something that will accurately calculate my stats, I found this calculator here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As1fxbtzJycSdHA0QUpZemRyeW9fSFBCaEV5UmZqdVE

This one has slots for all of your gear and includes passives, etc. Everything is great, except for the part where all of the stats match up on the spreadsheet and in-game, but the spreadsheet is off by a different amount than my other one. Literally the only thing that could be affecting my stats is the 7% damage increase from the holy damage on the Inna belt. However when I factor that in, the damage shown on the calculator is then higher than what it shows in-game (without factoring it in it's too low). And my bnet profile isn't updating so I can't just import into d3rawr to try to figure out what the fuck I'm apparently missing there either. This is so incredibly fucking annoying, I've now spent an hour trying to figure something out to workaround something that should already be in the goddamn game itself.

M.D

Rare Sword - 1 handed

Damage - 910
Crit Damage - 97%
Socket - 1
Life Steal - 2.8%

Can I get a price check on this rare sword please? Seems like it would be worth a pretty good amount but I really don't have a clue how much.

I'll do dirty, dirty things to get that sword

:p

MrDaravon

Yeah they should let you compare stats +/- in AH next patch.

Yuuuup. I'm guessing it's probably something to do with it being an issue with any passive abilities you might have in terms of pulling or not pulling those into the calculations. I finally got my spreadsheet thing figured out, part of it was I thought the holy damage % add from the Inna belt was to your overall damage, but it's just from your weapon, so that was throwing my calculations off.

woober

What's crazy is I priced that Unity, and I could get a similar one for around 7-10 million; I paid 12 million for the ring on the left like 3 days ago, figures.

I realllllly wish that the AH showed comparison stats; I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out upgrades (mainly for rings and amulets) on the AH because of this. Trying to manually figure out if taking dex and dropping another % or whatnot is a pain in the ass. I have a spreadsheet weapon comparison calculator I've been using for several months (which I prefer to a website one since I use the other tabs for AH stuff), but it's always off by about 2k damage. It's consistently off so it works strictly for weapon comparisons, but I cannot figure out why it's always off so I'm checking out d3rawr right now to see if maybe that's an alternative. Or does anyone know of a good spreadsheet calculator I can download? Would prefer that.

Easiest way to solve this problem (though still shitty that you have to do this)? Link the item in chat and start a game. Then you can click on it and it'll show you the stat changes you'd get.

M.D

Swfo4.jpg

Hmm, will it be stupid to spend 9.5M on this right now?

I'll lose about 1.3K HP, but gain 800 or 900 DPS, but the most important thing for me is that 61 AR

I gained about 13K DPS by switching to an AV helm, but lost a lot of AR while taking %10 fire damage
My lowest resist without War Cry is 482

I'm a barb BTW

DSmalls84

Rare Sword - 1 handed

Damage - 910
Crit Damage - 97%
Socket - 1
Life Steal - 2.8%

Does 100 mil + seem out of the realm of possiblity for this? As far as the damage goes I only see like 3 other 1 handers on the AH with damage over 900.

MrDaravon

I had a hard time selling one of those for a million the other day, but I don't remember what the rolls were on it, obviously crap. But in general the market on those has definitely come down along with everything else.

DSmalls84

Any wizards have an opinion on Slorak's Wand vs Chantodo's? I have 69 mil to spend and want to get a socketed wand/emerald to put in it.

Talaysen

That's actually pretty funny, and not a terrible idea.

In my continuing saga to find something that will accurately calculate my stats, I found this calculator here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As1fxbtzJycSdHA0QUpZemRyeW9fSFBCaEV5UmZqdVE

This one has slots for all of your gear and includes passives, etc. Everything is great, except for the part where all of the stats match up on the spreadsheet and in-game, but the spreadsheet is off by a different amount than my other one. Literally the only thing that could be affecting my stats is the 7% damage increase from the holy damage on the Inna belt. However when I factor that in, the damage shown on the calculator is then higher than what it shows in-game (without factoring it in it's too low). And my bnet profile isn't updating so I can't just import into d3rawr to try to figure out what the fuck I'm apparently missing there either. This is so incredibly fucking annoying, I've now spent an hour trying to figure something out to workaround something that should already be in the goddamn game itself.

The "Adds X% elemental damage" property only affects the physical damage of your weapon. Looks like you're using an elemntal weapon, so you don't get a full +7% damage.

Ghetto but it works.

You don't even have to link the items to anyone. Just link them to no one. It'll give you an error message, but the error message will have the links in it and you can still click on them.

Any wizards have an opinion on Slorak's Wand vs Chantodo's? I have 69 mil to spend and want to get a socketed wand/emerald to put in it.

Chantodo's is better for a CM freeze build, since base attack speed matters a lot. I have one with +attack speed, and it lowers my damage by 28k compared to rare black wand + Triumvirate, but I can keep things frozen way longer. It also means that I'm throwing out more Explosive Blasts, so it may not even be dropping my real damage any. I'm not entirely sure there.

For any other build, I would just go with a rare black wand with crit damage, socket, and life steal (or life on hit) and a Triumivrate offhand.

MrDaravon

The "Adds X% elemental damage" property only affects the physical damage of your weapon. Looks like you're using an elemntal weapon, so you don't get a full +7% damage.

That's what I figured, but then a few pages back someone said that they saw a stream where they had figured out that it did apply to elemental weapons, but maybe not. At the time I wasn't using the Manticore so I didn't really think about it. I'm good in either case though.

M.D

Swfo4.jpg

Hmm, will it be stupid to spend 9.5M on this right now?

I'll lose about 1.3K HP, but gain 800 or 900 DPS, but the most important thing for me is that 61 AR

I gained about 13K DPS by switching to an AV helm, but lost a lot of AR while taking %10 fire damage
My lowest resist without War Cry is 482

I'm a barb BTW

Asking again, second to last post on the previous page, guess no one saw it

inky

So every time I've tried to login now the system claims my authenticator is invalid. I've had it since almost launch, was never hacked, etc. Thought I was hacked (even with authenticator) but it might just be bnet stopped recognizing my authenticator codes.

Anyone has had this happen to them before?

Edit: Apparently, the system wasn't recognizing my Authenticator anymore, I got a new authenticator serial number and everything seems to be working now.

kennah

Two handed items can roll double stats. So they can get up to 600 in main stats, 6% life steal, 200% crit, et cetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom