• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Oh thank god, someone bought the other guy's amulet. Mine's now the lowest by a decent amount with the 5 main stats on it, so let's see if I can move this thing tonight still hopefully!

Talaysen

That's what I figured, but then a few pages back someone said that they saw a stream where they had figured out that it did apply to elemental weapons, but maybe not. At the time I wasn't using the Manticore so I didn't really think about it. I'm good in either case though.

If it works with elemental weapons, then the damage value shown on the inventory screen is wrong. I am pretty certain that value only applies it to physical weapon damage.

How much % of dmg does Reflect dmg actually... reflect ?

Is a barb can stack up to 12% life steal and get over with the reflect dmg?

10% I believe. Even at 6% life steal a barb only needs like 83% damage reduction from armor/resists to break even. At 9% it's 75% reduction needed, which is pretty easy to get.

MrDaravon

If it works with elemental weapons, then the damage value shown on the inventory screen is wrong. I am pretty certain that value only applies it to physical weapon damage.

I'm inclined to agree, that just wasn't my first thought based on what I had read elsewhere which is what threw me off.

butts

I have 3 machines but can only solo the ubers on about MP2. Is there anybody who can do them on high MP who is willing to help out for a better chance?

Lanbeast

Just found this:
EEIQe.png

DSmalls84

In the past week I have accumulated more gold than I have total in over 300 hours played since launch! Sold a Blackthorne's Jousting Mail and rare sword for 130 mil total, and bumped my damage from 40 k to 92k unbuffed. It took a while but it's finally starting to feel rewarding to play. I would post my profile but it hasn't updated yet.

pompidu

In the past week I have accumulated more gold than I have total in over 300 hours played since launch! Sold a Blackthorne's Jousting Mail and rare sword for 130 mil total, and bumped my damage from 40 k to 92k unbuffed. It took a while but it's finally starting to feel rewarding to play. I would post my profile but it hasn't updated yet.
Exactly how I feel. I can actually sell things now for a mil instead of 20000 gold.

MrDaravon

Same here; the last week or two I've felt like I'm actually making progress, it's been pretty great.

Of course on my run just now though I got an Immortal King's Irons with a low Str roll and double Dex roll -_-. I did also get a pretty crap Inna's Temperance though, and those even at the bottom of the barrel go for 6 mil so at least I'll get a bit from that. In general though I'm actually having a harder time selling stuff, I think the market is definitely flooding and crashing at the same time.

neoism

damn nice to finally have a nice monk... can do mp 5 or 6 I'm done for the day... but if anyone wants to play
I'll try not to play too much halo 4 in the next weak lol

neoism#1506...wish meh profile would up date...

DSmalls84

Same here; the last week or two I've felt like I'm actually making progress, it's been pretty great.

Of course on my run just now though I got an Immortal King's Irons with a low Str roll and double Dex roll -_-. I did also get a pretty crap Inna's Temperance though, and those even at the bottom of the barrel go for 6 mil so at least I'll get a bit from that. In general though I'm actually having a harder time selling stuff, I think the market is definitely flooding and crashing at the same time.

Yeah I noticed that as well. It really is an all or nothing market where your items are worth a ton or nothing at all. Granted I'm selling a few things for 1-3 million, but most sales end up less than 100k gold and the big ones are 75-100 mil.

Takuan

I haven't played this game since maybe a month after it originally released. They've changed up so much stuff.

Of course, the first thing I do is buy new weapons for my DH as his 800DPS 1-handers were due for replacement. My stupid ass bought 2 of the same one, not knowing that you could only equip 1 at the same time, so I wasted 400K that I'm currently trying to get back from the AH (I doubt I will).

What's the best grinding spot for gold, now? Someone told me farming Azmodan on Nightmare was the quickest, but I'm not seeing that much gold here.

Swfo4.jpg

Hmm, will it be stupid to spend 9.5M on this right now?

I'll lose about 1.3K HP, but gain 800 or 900 DPS, but the most important thing for me is that 61 AR

I gained about 13K DPS by switching to an AV helm, but lost a lot of AR while taking %10 fire damage
My lowest resist without War Cry is 482

I'm a barb BTW

Wouldn't you be better off with a rare ring? Or if you want green text get a Litany of the Undaunted which comes with all res and 150-170 strength as well crit chance and regen

Anustart

Anyone up for doing some runs to try and get the Infernal Machine plan from act 4? I'm a WD and can really only handle mp1, but I'm bored doing this solo and it's taking longer than I thought!

add kefkamaydie#1821

dog$

Hates quality gaming
add kefkamaydie#1821
Will do (yours and others previously listed) tonight.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how many players there are on this board. Wasn't expecting it very much, at least.

What's the best grinding spot for gold, now? Someone told me farming Azmodan on Nightmare was the quickest, but I'm not seeing that much gold here.
Bots grind for Gold.
Humans grind for items (and arguably Paragon).

Inferno A3 MP0 (default difficulty) is substantially easier now than it was before. Steamroll it, build up some PL, get some default MF% added on, and hope to find some beacon drops that aren't Gloves. Do this with other players to make the process enjoyable, if you're not doing so already.

Grinding for Gold in this game is a recipe for suicide.

MrDaravon

Bought a good (but not amazing) pair of Nat boots for 25 million; lost about 3k HP from my previous boots, but the all resist, armor gain, and 2-set bonus were totally worth it. What I didn't realize until I just checked is that since both of my current rings are pretty good in order to get a Nat ring (to complete the 3-set bonus) I'm going to need to spend 60+ million for a nat ring that has decent dex as well as decent crit damage %. Ah well.

Also I just put this up for 150, but I will sell this to anyone (US) here for 120, I really want to get rid of this before I go (mostly) on hiatus for Halo/CoD and would rather sell it to someone here anyway:

fvdc2.jpg

you played 2000 hours and have got one set piece? huh?

I assumed he meant 200 hours.

Also oh yeah, I've got enough keys to make 2 infernal machines. I haven't even tried doing that yet, is anyone going to be doing runs tonight?

And Juices, check out the Severe Crushers boots I have equipped here (my profile hasn't updated yet): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

If you want them I'll give them to you. They don't have MF and the Vit is lower, but other than that they're a complete upgrade for you, but I'm not sure if you want to make those tradeoffs or not.

MrDaravon

In 3 hours ill be home to do sunday runs. I just need a act 3 key to make a machine. Those go pretty quick though.

Add me when you get home, MrDaravon#1289. Not positive I'll still be on then, but that way I can give you the boots tomorrow or something at least if you want them.

fAAwS.png

Weapon seems kinda shitty, but is this amount of LoH normal these days? I haven't played in forever.

That's a bit higher than normal IIRC, but not really that uncommon now no. I think 2-handers can roll twice as high as one-handers, so it's not super uncommon to see LOH over 1k.

kennah

Went from no set pieces to 2 in one day!

iHXGP.jpg

This one here is weird, I didn't realize vitality could roll so high. +514

HZDlx.jpg

Two handed items can roll double stats. So they can get up to 600 in main stats, 6% life steal, 200% crit, et cetera.

I don't have 150 million to buy his :p

IIRC primary stats can roll up to 595 (or something weird like that) on 2-handed stuff. I don't think I've ever gotten a roll over 500 though, and only over 400 a couple of times.

fAAwS.png

Weapon seems kinda shitty, but is this amount of LoH normal these days? I haven't played in forever.

Already explained on this very page. :)

Might be a good idea to go through the last couple patch notes. Lots of big changes.

kennah

Anyone running Ubers tonight? I'm Barb good for MP4-5 or WD up to MP3 and have a machine I could kick in.

kennah#1358

MrDaravon

I just found this, I didn't even realize that there was a weapon associated with this set, holy fuck. No idea if it's actually any good or not, but definitely the highest damage I've ever found on a weapon by a good amount.

RKIjz.jpg

Anustart

Man, I've ran that act 4 key warden like 20 times now and still no drop :/ And yes, I've had 5 stacks :( Too bad my poor WD can't handle higher than MP1 or this may have been quicker.

MrDaravon

Man, I've ran that act 4 key warden like 20 times now and still no drop :/ And yes, I've had 5 stacks :( Too bad my poor WD can't handle higher than MP1 or this may have been quicker.

The plans and keys are just account bound, not character bound right? Didn't you post that you had a Barb that could handle a little higher of MP?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Complained that I saw no legendaries in around ~10 hours of play yesterday. Get 4 legs and a set item in ~4 hours today. Damn RNG.

Add me. Fenderputty#1180

I can help u get the plans if I'm on. Assuming you're US here.

Takuan

Will do (yours and others previously listed) tonight.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how many players there are on this board. Wasn't expecting it very much, at least.

Bots grind for Gold.
Humans grind for items (and arguably Paragon).

Inferno A3 MP0 (default difficulty) is substantially easier now than it was before. Steamroll it, build up some PL, get some default MF% added on, and hope to find some beacon drops that aren't Gloves. Do this with other players to make the process enjoyable, if you're not doing so already.

Grinding for Gold in this game is a recipe for suicide.
I took your advice. Definitely far more fun farming with other players. I got a bad Ivory Tower, which is 1 more legendary that I've ever seen drop in Inferno.

I got this interesting drop:

siphon1spmc.png

It's probably terrible due to having low DPS and being slow as shit, but I haven't seen that high of a Dex modifier before.

Just curious, are you guys using something in particular to post your good drops? It's not that much effort to PrintScr and edit the screengrab in Paint.Net, but if there's an easier method I'd like to know it.

FaidSint

I took your advice. Definitely far more fun farming with other players. I got a bad Ivory Tower, which is 1 more legendary that I've ever seen drop in Inferno.

I got this interesting drop:

siphon1spmc.png

It's probably terrible due to having low DPS and being slow as shit, but I haven't seen that high of a Dex modifier before.

Just curious, are you guys using something in particular to post your good drops? It's not that much effort to PrintScr and edit the screengrab in Paint.Net, but if there's an easier method I'd like to know it.

Those Dex/Vit levels are pretty common on 2 handers, as is the LOH. I found one with similar stats, a socket, and over 1000 dps and it still was worthless.

eek5

err are you on US? I can drag you through MP7 or 8. MP1 is terrible for key/plan farming

V_Arnold

And with the 2 week ban of mine passing, I am back, GAF!....

Previously, on NeoGaf:

So, was I lucky or not? :p

oeMrZ.jpg

If any EU Gaffer wants it before I put it up in the AH, do not be afraid. These stuff seems wildly expensive, so!

Yep, I was lucky. This sold for 100 mill on EU server, followed by a few 10-20 mill sale, which lead me to be able to have this gear. It is not "breaking the game" category, but it is good for me. Easy to farm on Mp3 or Mp4, feasible for MP5 ubers without deaths and for MP5 keyfarming as well.

Also, there is a very cool build based on sacrifice and bears, but NOT on -cd for zombie dogs on your equipment. I will share the details if any WD is interested, it only requires you to have one Thing of the Deep with a +20 yard range increase. That is the enabler for gruesome feast, grave injustice and the circle of life trio.

I had a good weekend this weekend. Upgraded both of my weapons and got some lifesteal. 124K DPS unbuffed now. RD is tankable now on MP6 when it used to slaughter me. I have 2.9 LS and 500 LOH. I'm at 2.4 APS now too. 740 RA and 5K armor.

Anyway ... the only piece I want to get an upgrade on is my helfire ring. So I sold 90m on the RMAH. That shit sold in seconds. I put it up in 45 million chunks. For a game that's "dying", people sure are still buying gold up fast.

Also ... I now have 3 each of the Eye and Spine. I hate that fucking fang. lol.

kennah

I had a good weekend this weekend. Upgraded both of my weapons and got some lifesteal. 124K DPS unbuffed now. RD is tankable now on MP6 when it used to slaughter me. I have 2.9 LS and 500 LOH. I'm at 2.4 APS now too. 740 RA and 5K armor.

Anyway ... the only piece I want to get an upgrade on is my helfire ring. So I sold 90m on the RMAH. That shit sold in seconds. I put it up in 45 million chunks. For a game that's "dying", people sure are still buying gold up fast.

Also ... I now have 3 each of the Eye and Spine. I hate that fucking fang. lol.

I hear ya. Three each on Fang and Spine. No eyes to be seen!

kennah

And it's always set up so you'll do the two bosses you don't need first - and get BOTH of those drops... so you KNOW going into the third fight that you're gonna get NOTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom