• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a casual player. About to beat the game on Normal. What is the next step?

Should I begin Act I on the next-hardest difficulty or could I skip it and do the next one? i.e. are the achievements retroactive?

Everyone seems to have that one piece they never find for the Hellfire. Wishful thinking here but how nice would it be if when you salvaged one of your crappy Hellfires you stood a chance of getting one of the 3 pieces back!

I had a good weekend of playing too. I got a really nicely rolled Hellfire:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cerebus-1696/hero/16373259

I also discovered the beauty that is Spike Traps. With my ability to tank fairly well with Gloom, I've been able to absolutely destroy elites on MP7.

Also have a "plan" to swap out my Caltrops when teamed up and doing Ubers for Marked For Death instead. That'll allow me to help the whole team out and as well I'll use the run to return hate for more spike trap goodness.

Is it weird that I'm sitting at work and excited at the prospect?

kennah

I didn't play much at all after you got that ring. But yeah, the Hellfire stuff really added a lot to the 'end game'. It's nice having a guaranteed 'might be good' result after the end of some hard work.

That 'salvage for a chance at one piece' idea is a really great one! Wouldn't mind salvaging my Int ring. It's terrible.

turnbuckle

I had a pretty good weekend myself

My barb

Upgraded my Irons, My shoulder, and I have the lacuni with a high vit roll with str for whenever I'm on fast farm mode (alternate bracers don't have the movement speed but provide more dps and vitality).

But the non-hellfire ring and the amulet I'm wearing were both drops and they did incredible things for my dps. The Amulet would be especially good if I favored intelligence, but even with the lower STR roll it increased my DPS over my previous DPS amulet (which in itself was an excellent DPS amulet)

I narrowly missed out on a just posted leoric's signet with 26% bonus exp going for $11. By the time I clicked to buy it it was already gone. Would've made a ton flipping it :(.

I'd like to run some more ubers tonight and do some key farming. I'd like to only do Ubers on MP6-MP8, but key farming I'm good with doing MP3-6. I only have one machine now but when i get out of work I'll try getting a few more.

Also have a "plan" to swap out my Caltrops when teamed up and doing Ubers for Marked For Death instead. That'll allow me to help the whole team out and as well I'll use the run to return hate for more spike trap goodness.

Is it weird that I'm sitting at work and excited at the prospect?

If it's weird, I'm as strange as you :p

kennah

Ooooh attack speed Irons. Those mustn't have been cheap.

how do you like the full IK set? I hear from some people that it isn't worth it. (I only have two parts right now)

DSmalls84

Six eyes for me! 1 other, and zero spine. Yaay!

I have the Eye and the Tooth with two machines built. Hoping to get my second Hellfire ring this week. If there's any NA players who do runs pretty frequently add me. I would like to have more people to do runs with.

Battle.net account = DSmalls84#1321

turnbuckle

Ooooh attack speed Irons. Those mustn't have been cheap.

how do you like the full IK set? I hear from some people that it isn't worth it. (I only have two parts right now)

Got em for $19. I made about $50 on the rmah this weekend so it was one of my splurges. I like the set bonus for when I'm running with my friend on exp farming runs, but the bonus itself isn't very good at all. I just made sure to buy pieces of each that I like and will then replace them with other gear when I find improvements. What I really want are some STR + movement speed ice climbers and a mempo with str and crit. To get both would cost me several hundred bucks though, so I'm just hoping one to drop or for someone to mistakenly price one on the AH :p.

I'm going to be trying a new build tonight that uses weapon throw as my left click (no more bash/cleave/frenzy). We'll see how it goes :p

DSmalls84

Picked up a solid Chantodo's Will and Witching Hour for my Wizard and having > 2 aps is awesome. Reminds me of when the game came out and everyone was grabbing Ias items.

Revoh

Last night I bought a cheap Skorn from Definity (such a lucky stoned turtle) and changed my build from WW to Rend, temporarily though. I'm still playing around with the skills but I already love this build, Rend with Blood Lust is op, I hope to find a way to generate lots of fury to keep WotB going with this build and I'm set

turnbuckle

I recently played with a 'ranged barb' who had something similar. Was certainly interesting.

i was watching a video of a guy on twitch using it and it looked like a ton of fun. Of course his gear clearly outmatches mine, but he was farming on very high MP levels. I'm just looking for being able to farm mp3-5 more quickly. Uncertain how it performs against the ubers but there's only one way to find out!

V_Arnold

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DSmalls84-1321/hero/17563304

New and improved CM Wiz. Feels good to have solid equipment for once. Hopefully I can get some CC Lacuni's to take me over the 100k unbuffed damage mark. For so long that seemed like an unreachable goal, so when I hit it I'm not sure what I'm going to aim for lol.

Uhm, can I ask you how you play with this char? I see almost no all res on your character (300 max? 280?), and when I transfer my WD gear to my Wizard, I have it on 85-90k dps, 850-900 all res with Prismatic armor, and 44k hp. Yet, I do not feel comfortable with the build. Maybe there is a breaking point in regards to Crit Damage? Or is this an Mp2-3 farm spec? Thanks! :O

VALKYRAY

Banned
pretty much everything. lol
save your 6mil, you can't buy anything good with that amount.
I've learned it the hard way, DO NOT BUY TRASH.
aim high and go for the best. if you can't get the best, then go for the top 30%.

kennah

I think I've got a ring that would be an upgrade for your right one. As for the rest, I'm no DH but you're missing out on a lot of damage with the super low damage roll on your Manticore :(

DSmalls84

Uhm, can I ask you how you play with this char? I see almost no all res on your character (300 max? 280?), and when I transfer my WD gear to my Wizard, I have it on 85-90k dps, 850-900 all res with Prismatic armor, and 44k hp. Yet, I do not feel comfortable with the build. Maybe there is a breaking point in regards to Crit Damage? Or is this an Mp2-3 farm spec? Thanks! :O

I usually farm on 2-3 with this build but I have done uber runs up to 5 with a few of my friends. Basically the idea is that you crit so often that Critical Mass keeps Frost Nova open to spam and keeps packs of enemies almost permanently frozen. With the Intelligence that my Wizard has I get a bonus to All Resist so in reality I have between 450-500 Resist All. Also Diamond Skin is constantly cooled down as well and with that you can absorb 20k damage for every cast. I do die from time to time but it's usually from super fast enemies or ones that can knock me back and stun me.

Need help on what I should be upgrading next, with this set up in can farm mp2 consistently.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pompidu-1119/hero/26569361

Sitting on 6 million gold right now.
I'd say your cloak should be priority. Try to find one that has 3 sockets, some discipline which makes a big difference for survivability, the AR that you already have and vitality which I'd assume you don't want to lose. Even if it didn't have any dex it would still equal out pretty much once you put in some nice gems.

Other suggestion would be 2 radiant star emeralds for that Manticore though that will cost you a lot more now than it would have shortly after the patch came out. I'm kicking myself for not buying out more when I got mine at pretty much the lowest price they dropped to.

Does the health globe give more HP affix on loot always work with potions too ? Or is this was a stealth update ? i'm asking because last update change a lot of the french translation and made things clear from Elemental Res to All Res and also this

pompidu

pretty much everything. lol
save your 6mil, you can't buy anything good with that amount.
I've learned it the hard way, DO NOT BUY TRASH.
aim high and go for the best. if you can't get the best, then go for the top 30%.

That's what I plan on doing. Good shit is crazy expensive! Mp2 farming is fine for me atm, keys are dropping 50% of the time.

I think I've got a ring that would be an upgrade for your right one. As for the rest, I'm no DH but you're missing out on a lot of damage with the super low damage roll on your Manticore :(

Il post my id whenever I get the chance, definetly would like to take a look. That manticore dropped for me and was a giant upgrade from before. Haven't really bothered to check on a better one.

Rufus

Does the health globe give more HP affix on loot always work with potions too ? Or is this was a stealth update ? i'm asking because last update change a lot of the french translation and made things clear from Elemental Res to All Res and also this
Yeah, the stat says "globes and potions", too.

V_Arnold

I usually farm on 2-3 with this build but I have done uber runs up to 5 with a few of my friends. Basically the idea is that you crit so often that Critical Mass keeps Frost Nova open to spam and keeps packs of enemies almost permanently frozen. With the Intelligence that my Wizard has I get a bonus to All Resist so in reality I have between 450-500 Resist All. Also Diamond Skin is constantly cooled down as well and with that you can absorb 20k damage for every cast. I do die from time to time but it's usually from super fast enemies or ones that can knock me back and stun me.

I see. Well, my Wizard definitely has only one AP on crit source (9 from helm, if I remember correctly), so maybe it is not that simple to achieve a real permafreeze. I am not wishing to go back to that playstyle though, even boringbear(tm) feels better than that for me :D

kennah

That's what I plan on doing. Good shit is crazy expensive! Mp2 farming is fine for me atm, keys are dropping 50% of the time.

Il post my id whenever I get the chance, definetly would like to take a look. That manticore dropped for me and was a giant upgrade from before. Haven't really bothered to check on a better one.

kennah#1358 I'll be able to hop on in a few hours. Got a bunch of gear you can 'try on'.

DSmalls84

I see. Well, my Wizard definitely has only one AP on crit source (9 from helm, if I remember correctly), so maybe it is not that simple to achieve a real permafreeze. I am not wishing to go back to that playstyle though, even boringbear(tm) feels better than that for me :D

CC, AP on Crit, IAS are all pretty essential for it to function well. if you don't have at least 20 AP on crit or close to it then you will probably run out of mana pretty often. There are also a few alternatives that use Meteor.

Demy

Got these shoulders yesterday. Stats are great and high life%, but no all res just lightning. I tried looking for similar, but I had to take off almost all the stats to get anything to show up. Think these are worth 8m?

2VsDZ.jpg

kennah

They've gotta be kidding....

Screenshot086.jpg

I just got one the other day!

EDIT: OH SHIT! I just noticed that I sold to the vendor my staff that had a Star Ruby in it. NOoooooo there's 600k gone. (and yes, I already checked the buyback tab)

mackaveli

anyone interested in these items? I put them on the AH but if someone wants to buy them with gold let me know.

Vile Ward - 606 armor

231 dex
77 str
63 vit
74 All Res
340 life regen

Lacuni Prowlers

8% IAS
5.5% crit chance
38 All Res
6% reduce damage from ranged
No main stats oni t

Dead Man's Legacy

195 Str
176 Dex
193 Vit
18% IAS
10% Crit Chance
1.22 Hatred Regen
14% increase Hunger Arrow Attack

Zuni Pox

173 Int
46 Vit
66 All Resist
38 Cold Resist
34% Crit Dmg
12500 Health potion pick up

Sucks, I sold my LoH/LS bow with a star amethyst a few days ago. Didn't feel good.

Oh btw playing barb with a hellfire ring normal mp10 --> nm mp10 --> hell mp10 is the way the game should be. Actually died a few times. Once you hit lvl 23? You can put on cains set once you hit lvl 42 you can get lvl 60 18 lvl reduced weapons (I waited to 46 as lvl 14-15 reduced were not quite as expensive) but that is how the game should have been! a lot more fun.

Anyways my barbs about to hit 60, probably tonight or tomorrow. ANY beginner lvl 60 barb gear would be appreciated. My guy hasn't updated since lvl 42 so I cant really post it so yall can see an update or not, but seriously any beginner stuff would be better than my lvl 30 gear. Spent 6m on a Unity I liked so when I hit 60 Ill only have about 7m to spend on him and that cant buy much so I'm being a poor begger! lol.

kennah

Sucks, I sold my LoH/LS bow with a star amethyst a few days ago. Didn't feel good.

Oh btw playing barb with a hellfire ring normal mp10 --> nm mp10 --> hell mp10 is the way the game should be. Actually died a few times. Once you hit lvl 23? You can put on cains set once you hit lvl 42 you can get lvl 60 18 lvl reduced weapons (I waited to 46 as lvl 14-15 reduced were not quite as expensive) but that is how the game should have been! a lot more fun.

Anyways my barbs about to hit 60, probably tonight or tomorrow. ANY beginner lvl 60 barb gear would be appreciated. My guy hasn't updated since lvl 42 so I cant really post it so yall can see an update or not, but seriously any beginner stuff would be better than my lvl 30 gear. Spent 6m on a Unity I liked so when I hit 60 Ill only have about 7m to spend on him and that cant buy much so I'm being a poor begger! lol.

That's what I'm doing with my DH right now. Just beat MP10 Nightmare Belial using ONLY Caltrops, Sentry and Rain of Vengeance. (The 890dps -18 level, 200dex 1hxbow probably helped)

Got these shoulders yesterday. Stats are great and high life%, but no all res just lightning. I tried looking for similar, but I had to take off almost all the stats to get anything to show up. Think these are worth 8m?

Honestly, if you're a monk and your main res is lightning, it's TOTALLY worth it :p

neoism

I had a good weekend this weekend. Upgraded both of my weapons and got some lifesteal. 124K DPS unbuffed now. RD is tankable now on MP6 when it used to slaughter me. I have 2.9 LS and 500 LOH. I'm at 2.4 APS now too. 740 RA and 5K armor.

Anyway ... the only piece I want to get an upgrade on is my helfire ring. So I sold 90m on the RMAH. That shit sold in seconds. I put it up in 45 million chunks. For a game that's "dying", people sure are still buying gold up fast.

Also ... I now have 3 each of the Eye and Spine. I hate that fucking fang. lol.
Fenderputty ima add you since your monk is badmotherfuckingass....

got any mo tips for me..

Anustart

Anyone on in US right now that can help me grab the plans from the act 4 key warden? I can only handle mp1 myself, and it seems like this thing is never going to drop...

kefkamaydie#1821

Woo, thanks for the help! Got it first try on mp5.

eek5

Fenderputty ima add you since your monk is badmotherfuckingass....

got any mo tips for me..

I would replace ammy w/ 8.5-10% crit one w/ high avg damage and dex (vit is a plus, res is a plus)

replace shoulder with 180-190 dex 2-res vile wards (+res -vit), 300 life regen will help a bit too

replace chest w/ regular chest w/ high dex/vit and single res or double res
replace pants w/ inna's pants w/ either res or vit (dps gain here)

look to upgrade belt to higher double res w/ higher dex if possible

for weapons you can target WKL for main and butcher sickle for off-hand. Both of these are relatively cheap in the mid 850's

also since you'll have a lot more crit%, look at getting higher critd in left ring

kennah

I'll have some gear for you, message me if you see me on, I think you're on my friend list already.

Attack speed is the lowest roll I think, but thats a LOT of Vit.

I'll have some gear for you, message me if you see me on, I think you're on my friend list already.

Sweet, thanks! Yes. Just need some starter gear, if not I'll buy it but figured some people here have some scraps lieing around.

neoism

I would replace ammy w/ 8.5-10% crit one w/ high avg damage and dex (vit is a plus, res is a plus)

replace shoulder with 180-190 dex 2-res vile wards (+res -vit), 300 life regen will help a bit too

replace chest w/ regular chest w/ high dex/vit and single res or double res

replace pants w/ inna's pants w/ either res or vit (dps gain here)

look to upgrade belt to higher double res w/ higher dex if possible

for weapons you can target WKL for main and butcher sickle for off-hand. Both of these are relatively cheap in the mid 850's

also since you'll have a lot more crit%, look at getting higher critd in left ring

lol noooo way spent 15mil on meh inna thank s for the other tips though will look into it

lol noooo way spent 15mil on meh inna thank s for the other tips though will look into it

Sell it back for the same or maybe try a little more lol.

Inna's IMO are best going for Pants + Belt. Get that 12% movement speed and the 2 piece bonus and thats it.

balddemon

Banned
ok so i'm just starting to play this again. lvl 60 barb. 13k ish dps. i would like to play on MP1 but understand if that isn't possible with my stats (tried it earlier, found a pack that had 1.2mil hp each, but they had health link so thats ok). also how do i link my character profile? like where do i find it?

pompidu

ok so i'm just starting to play this again. lvl 60 barb. 13k ish dps. i would like to play on MP1 but understand if that isn't possible with my stats (tried it earlier, found a pack that had 1.2mil hp each, but they had health link so thats ok). also how do i link my character profile? like where do i find it?
Login on the diablo 3 site. On the horizontal navigation to the right is your diablo profile. When you get to your hero page copy the url and link it here using url tags.

Anyone got an infernal machine plan they can sell me? Hate act 4.

Westonian

Got three machines ready to go (still don't have my ring yet).

Anyone up for farming some Ubers with me? Westonian#1503

I'll be on in 15 minutes hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom