• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westonian

Login on the diablo 3 site. On the horizontal navigation to the right is your diablo profile. When you get to your hero page copy the url and link it here using url tags.

Anyone got an infernal machine plan they can sell me? Hate act 4.

Plans are account bound I believe (weird that they show up as something you can search for in the AH)

Anustart

Spent 3 days trying to farm Infernal Machine plan on mp1, no luck. Got some help from a gaffer on mp5 and got it first drop. Then just now I decided to run through act 4 on mp0, and it drops :/

eek5

lol noooo way spent 15mil on meh inna thank s for the other tips though will look into it

The other option is to dump your inna helm and pick up an andariel's visage. You're leaving way too much DPS on the table. I suggest going to chest route because regular chests are kind of cheap and you can get a lot of res to make up for the loss you'll take on the pants.

Takuan

Price check on this? I saw a slightly better ring than this on the AH for 5 mil, was thinking of putting it up for 3. The difference is 1% mf, 2 str, and int instead of dex.

signetfmq3v.png

Edit: Just put it up on RMAH for $49.95 BIN. Probably way too greedy, but I saw nothing close to it up there and figured I'd try my luck.

Don't play DH much.

This have any value?

Q02WW.jpg
I bought one of these the other day for something like 400 or 500K, but it's marginally worse than yours.

Aaaand I'll link my profile, just to do it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Derelicte-1547/hero/3961464

I was playing around with a friend's Manticore and I'm thinking I may get one of those for more damage output.

Need help on what I should be upgrading next, with this set up in can farm mp2 consistently.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pompidu-1119/hero/26569361

Sitting on 6 million gold right now.

Try to get shoulders with 100 more dex or so

Everyone is obsessed with Vile Wards at the moment so rares are substantially cheaper with way more vitality

You might be able to go for Nats if you can score some cheap boots (I've seen them end as low as 4m) and the cloak costs nothing. What brings the price up on them is disc, dex>100 and vitality otherwise they're pretty cheap.

You could do with a better helmet too

lol noooo way spent 15mil on meh inna thank s for the other tips though will look into it

Inna chest really sucks (I know since I use one). You can get double res chests (120 res+) with 170 vit, 70+ dex for that much

You got a nice hat so the pants would have been a better move

Definity

Spent 3 days trying to farm Infernal Machine plan on mp1, no luck. Got some help from a gaffer on mp5 and got it first drop. Then just now I decided to run through act 4 on mp0, and it drops :/

!?!?

Ouch. Glad you were finally able to grab the plan. That act can be a pain.

eek5

Try to get shoulders with 100 more dex or so

Everyone is obsessed with Vile Wards at the moment so rares are substantially cheaper with way more vitality
Yeah definitely check rares but vile wards are good mainly because you can double stack res and get high armor for really cheap. I'm a big fan of boosting EHP w/ resist rather than HP because budget monks are really limited to how much LS/healing they can have so you want to maximize the amount of EHP you heal per second. Getting an extra 300 hp/sec is a nice bonus too.

sick.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/balddemon-1627/hero/4815907
improvements? i dont really want to do a whirlwind build. also i have 10mil gold to spend. is mp1 doable, and if so, what is the route people farm now?

MP0 A3 is best loot + easiest enemies IMO

I'd probably go 2H skorn for cheap DPS w/ a rend build or something

Fenderputty ima add you since your monk is badmotherfuckingass....

got any mo tips for me..

Forget what everybody else is saying over here (i'm sorry, don't mean to disrespect the rest of gaf :I) but your weapons. Start with your weapons. Staaaart wiiith your weapoooons! You can probably easily gain another 50k dps with what you got. With how the markets are right now, it's so easy to buy 950+ weapons with decent stats, it's insane.

54% critical damage + sock on a 794 dps weapon is pretty useless much as a main hand. If you're going to dual wield, you want at least ONE of your weapons to be a very strong main hand. Ideally you want two strong main hands with great stats, but what the heck, that will run you billions. You can probably get something decent for not much more than 5m with around 1k dps, a sock and life steal / life on hit for your main hand.

I'd also advice switching to either a critical chance shield with vit / dex / main res as those don't run for too much, or a cheap echoing fury without sock, just critical damage and life steal / life on hit.

The .25 mod that the echoing fury has also adds to your main hand, so it makes it pretty much one of the best off hands in the game. So if you have a main hand that has 1.40 and an off hand echoing fury, you now have 1.65 main hand + 15% extra aspd :p that's how I managed to get my monk with 2.28 main hand / 2.00 off hand.

koji

Started a hardcore Barb this weekend, really loving it, also tried with a DH up to lvl 25 but I don't really like it. Barb is the obvious choice however and I don't like playing the flavor of the month type class but damn, it's just soooo gooood, also love the Barb gameplay (got a 60 SC Barb as well).

Think a WD would work out great as well but after spending 300hours on my SC WD I don't think it's wise to start a new one for HC...

Anyway, what I'm actually trying to say is: shit guys, I don't know what class to play :lol

I'll probably stick with the Barb though and stop being all dramaqueen about it and just enjoy the game/class.

serious firstworldproblems

VALKYRAY

Banned
My whirlwind barbarian is going through Inferno (MP 1) with relative ease EXCEPT for elite packs with Reflect Damage. I look for Reflect Damage right away and will usually kite around until I can find a health well and then begin my attack. How are you guys (who don't have godly gear) dealing with elites with Reflect Damage?

Shadow780

My whirlwind barbarian is going through Inferno (MP 1) with relative ease EXCEPT for elite packs with Reflect Damage. I look for Reflect Damage right away and will usually kite around until I can find a health well and then begin my attack. How are you guys (who don't have godly gear) dealing with elites with Reflect Damage?

You need more LoH to be about 1200 and bring your life to 40k.

You have better gear than me so you should do MP4 and above with little problem too.

Forget what everybody else is saying over here (i'm sorry, don't mean to disrespect the rest of gaf :I) but your weapons. Start with your weapons. Staaaart wiiith your weapoooons! You can probably easily gain another 50k dps with what you got. With how the markets are right now, it's so easy to buy 950+ weapons with decent stats, it's insane.

54% critical damage + sock on a 794 dps weapon is pretty useless much as a main hand. If you're going to dual wield, you want at least ONE of your weapons to be a very strong main hand. Ideally you want two strong main hands with great stats, but what the heck, that will run you billions. You can probably get something decent for not much more than 5m with around 1k dps, a sock and life steal / life on hit for your main hand.

I'd also advice switching to either a critical chance shield with vit / dex / main res as those don't run for too much, or a cheap echoing fury without sock, just critical damage and life steal / life on hit.

The .25 mod that the echoing fury has also adds to your main hand, so it makes it pretty much one of the best off hands in the game. So if you have a main hand that has 1.40 and an off hand echoing fury, you now have 1.65 main hand + 15% extra aspd :p that's how I managed to get my monk with 2.28 main hand / 2.00 off hand.

I agree ... his weapons will bost him at least 30K-40K and should be a rather cheap aquisition. I finally bit on an echoing fury myself. They're amazing. Though I find the chance to fear kind of annoying at times.

I'm at 2.4 APS w/ 500 LOH 2.9% liefsteall, 124K DPS unbuffed and 740 AR / 5K armor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

ALSO ... feel free to add me Neo. Anyone really. I won't be on tonight (Election night), but I'll play tomorrow for sure.

fenderputty#1180

Fularu

Banned
Well I'm now doing MP5 with ease but I'm quite at a loss as to why my DPS is so low Also if I ever find molten+waller+jailer+desecration, I die 3-4 times before finaly killing them.

Ionly have 7.5 million gold though, so improvements will be hard to come by :( (yeah I have the worst luck in the game)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Grosbill-1217/hero/1468398

Edit, if anyone wants to do key runs/farm/whatever, just add me (Grosbill#1217)

Also I have 6 infernal machines ready but never did any uber.

turnbuckle

sick.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/balddemon-1627/hero/4815907
improvements? i dont really want to do a whirlwind build. also i have 10mil gold to spend. is mp1 doable, and if so, what is the route people farm now?

Oh man, lots of areas to improve upon. Add turnbuckle1273 to your friends list and next time I see you on I'll see what I can hook ya up with. I just did a clearing of my stash tabs and auction house by selling a lot of stuff to the vendor, and I probably vended an upgrade for every equipment slot you have lol. Ahh well, I'm sure I have a thing or two that you could still use.

turnbuckle

I agree ... his weapons will bost him at least 30K-40K and should be a rather cheap aquisition. I finally bit on an echoing fury myself. They're amazing. Though I find the chance to fear kind of annoying at times.

ALSO ... feel free to add me Neo. Anyone really. I won't be on tonight (Election night), but I'll play tomorrow for sure.

fenderputty#1180

Yeah, as a barbarian I already suffer enough from Bash's knockback. The fear is incredibly annoying. Gets frustrating when in a group with 2-3 other people and they all have that same weapon and I'm running back and forth trying to get a hit in :p.

Some of the affixes like knockback and fear are just terrible for a melee class unless you're a tank build.

Not sure if I have ya added, Fender, but next time I hop on I'll add ya if I don't. I desperately need to get a vitality hellfire ring with some crit chance on it. Tried a weapon throw build yesterday but my crit just isn't high enough and I'm not about to spend millions on upgrades to make it work.

Really hope the prices of gems come down :(

Yeah, as a barbarian I already suffer enough from Bash's knockback. The fear is incredibly annoying. Gets frustrating when in a group with 2-3 other people and they all have that same weapon and I'm running back and forth trying to get a hit in :p.

Some of the affixes like knockback and fear are just terrible for a melee class unless you're a tank build.

Not sure if I have ya added, Fender, but next time I hop on I'll add ya if I don't. I desperately need to get a vitality hellfire ring with some crit chance on it. Tried a weapon throw build yesterday but my crit just isn't high enough and I'm not about to spend millions on upgrades to make it work.

Really hope the prices of gems come down :(

The fear on the echoing fury is REALLY annoying when the elite pack is molten. At times its usefull though. Phasebeasts can swarm and trap you, and it works nicely there. It's just a really high chance to fear (20%). So if you're attacking 2.4 APS, someone is running from you every 2 seconds. lol

EDIT: If you can corner an elite from him running in fear, it's nice as well. You can lock him there until he goes down.

I'm struggling to find anyone who wants to play on the higher MPs. Everyone in public games seem to just be playing Inferno MP0...

Is there some sort of trick to finding people who want to play on higher levels? Can anyone add me who wants to play on higher levels. Zektbach#2255

turnbuckle

I'm struggling to find anyone who wants to play on the higher MPs. Everyone in public games seem to just be playing Inferno MP0...

Is there some sort of trick to finding people who want to play on higher levels? Can anyone add me who wants to play on higher levels. Zektbach#2255

How high we talking about? If I'm farming an act for EXP, I'd like to do it on MP1-3. If I'm farming for keys, I like to do it on MP3-7. If Ubers, MP5-8.

If I'm playing just to play I probably would play on MP3 though. The higher MP levels just take too long when doing coop and the rewards just aren't there to make it viable for most people unless they're strictly going for keys or organs.

How high we talking about? If I'm farming an act for EXP, I'd like to do it on MP1-3. If I'm farming for keys, I like to do it on MP3-7. If Ubers, MP5-8.

If I'm playing just to play I probably would play on MP3 though. The higher MP levels just take too long when doing coop and the rewards just aren't there to make it viable for most people unless they're strictly going for keys or organs.
Well see I haven't got do any farming for keys yet, or even tried the infernal machine stuff which is why I'm itching to try it. Don't have very many people on my friends list who play anymore.

turnbuckle

Well see I haven't got do any farming for keys yet, or even tried the infernal machine stuff which is why I'm itching to try it. Don't have very many people on my friends list who play anymore.

If you want to farm for keys with me Lemme know. I like to do key farming on MP3-5 unless both/all players have good damage output. There's a point where it's faster to have a lower chance key drop and faster kill rate than vice versa, and that point all depends on the damage the group can do. I don't have any keys or machines atm, but I'll farm for a few of each tonight while I listen to election coverage. If we could get a group of 3 or 4 we'd be able to do a few runs of the ubers. Trying to do it solo takes so long, but when everyone has skin in the game (chipping in machines) it's pretty awesome.

M.D

Anyone from EU wants to buy this or trade for barb items?

zUvZc.jpg

Edit:

Just found this like seconds ago

DEX is kinda low, but I wonder if it's worth something...

kRCly.jpg

Edit 2:

why u no soc???

LoHQY.jpg

sleepykyo

You can do that? Not kidding I really couldn't find how to set the mp level for searching public games. It seems you have to just find a party first and then have the party lead set it up.

kennah

You can do that? Not kidding I really couldn't find how to set the mp level for searching public games. It seems you have to just find a party first and then have the party lead set it up.

Blizzard doesn't allow MP games to be public. Thus any Public Game is MP0.

I suspect it will come in a future patch, and their Public Game match making system couldn't easily adapt to interpreting the MP system.

V_Arnold

What do you guys think about the future of this game as it stands now?

I am quite optimist looking at the state of game right now.
The real questions for now is:
-When and how will Blizzard adress the stupid amount of disparity between each classes high end skills and their effectiveness?
-When will they announce the next patch, and if they do it soon, will it finally be 1.1?
-What new systems will get introduced layered on top of this? I am anticipating either:
a) Charms
b) Skill power modifiers through...something
c) Gem/Item dump to get affixes through a randomized system?
d) New events in the vein of uber bosses/keywardens

If they do none of the above, then I am a sad, sad panda.

balddemon

Banned
MP0 A3 is best loot + easiest enemies IMO

I'd probably go 2H skorn for cheap DPS w/ a rend build or something
alright thanks man.
Oh man, lots of areas to improve upon. Add turnbuckle1273 to your friends list and next time I see you on I'll see what I can hook ya up with. I just did a clearing of my stash tabs and auction house by selling a lot of stuff to the vendor, and I probably vended an upgrade for every equipment slot you have lol. Ahh well, I'm sure I have a thing or two that you could still use.
hahaha well pre MP and whatnot i was good to go. could do all act 2 and solo belial lol. act 3 was doable but some packs destroyed me. thanks though, i'll add you in the next few days probably. gonna be busy with school and work.
needs some professional makeover lol
take a look at mine, get a feel for what and how you should upgrade
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/18906996
my gears works well with other builds too. (classic revenge or rend)
haha damn. gaf goin in on my barb :( thanks for the tip though :)

sleepykyo

1. When and how will Blizzard adress the stupid amount of disparity between each classes high end skills and their effectiveness?
2.When will they announce the next patch, and if they do it soon, will it finally be 1.1?
3.What new systems will get introduced layered on top of this? I am anticipating either:
a) Charms

Slight edited to respond too.

1. I thought they have been reducing the disparity.

2. The 1.1 designation should be saved for when pvp goes up.

3c. I'd like to see that.

FaidSint

Quick question about the infernal machine:

If I build an Infernal Machine and open the portal in my game, will the people in my party get to go into the portal with me as well? Will they get a chance at the Ring drops? If I am in a party of 3 and we each have one machine, can we open all 3 portals and do all 3 sets of ubers one at a time?

Quick question about the infernal machine:

If I build an Infernal Machine and open the portal in my game, will the people in my party get to go into the portal with me as well? Will they get a chance at the Ring drops? If I am in a party of 3 and we each have one machine, can we open all 3 portals and do all 3 sets of ubers one at a time?

All party get a chance to drop if they down the uber bosses. No matter if they used a machine or not. I always do 3 machines at once but I open one portal after another to minimze the chances of losing the portals if the entire party crash

Because the bosses are randomized its best to do all 3 at once because you wont get the same bosses in the same game.

If you do one portalper game at a time you might end up fighting the same boss three times and not getting a chance at all the pieces.

Formosa

-When and how will Blizzard adress the stupid amount of disparity between each classes high end skills and their effectiveness?
-When will they announce the next patch, and if they do it soon, will it finally be 1.1?
-What new systems will get introduced layered on top of this? I am anticipating either:
a) Charms

Coming from a unbuffed 200k+ dps Wizard... I don't think the game is going anywhere lol, one to two expansions with a couple new classes. Probably new gems for new characters' main stat. Add more useless skills to old characters. PvP and more balancing. Fix the BS and JC so they re not useless.

I have quit the game for a month already, and playing WoW right now. The worlds much bigger and it has so much more to do, at least the JC and BS are not useless in WoW lol. WoW feels more progression for me due to the talents and gear choices.

Blizzard D3 team really need to redo a lot of game design to pull players back into the game. But do they care? Prob not, because people already paid the $60.

turnbuckle

That's how it is. Basically just look for people on the general or LFG channel I've added quite a few people and had a lot of good runs that way.

kennah

All party get a chance to drop if they down the uber bosses. No matter if they used a machine or not. I always do 3 machines at once but I open one portal after another to minimze the chances of losing the portals if the entire party crash

Just make sure everyone has their five stacks!

turnbuckle

Just make sure everyone has their five stacks!

Haha, yeah, someone I think from GAF and I lost our stacks because we took too long in the Magdha/Leoric battle on MP8. We didn't even realize it until afterwards and only because they pretty much dropped nothing. Get better loot off a dead guard than that fight lol

kennah

GeJMV.jpg

First set item. Dropped in a normal chest on Act 1 of Inferno (MP:2). Had one stack.

How did I do?? This is difficult to price
Let's Look!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-carving-knife

Manajuma's Carving Knife
1-Hand
Witch Doctor
Set Ceremonial Knife
688.2–1044.1 DPS 1006.5 - Very good,
(243-393)–(740-1099) Damage 382 minimum, 1056 maximum

+(143-286)–(334-667) Poison Damage 276 minmum 627 maximum, so very high rolls there.
+41-50% Damage 49% = almost max damage
+170-200 Intelligence 180 is middle/low intelligence
Critical Hit Damage Increased by 66-100% 78% Crit is middle of the road
2.80-3.00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life 2.9 is middle of a LS roll.
+1 Random Magic Properties So, +147 Vit was your one random property.

Could be much better, no one is going to be searching for +vit on this item, they'll be searching for a socket. You might get lucky with the high dps, but the low crit (for the item) and only +vit might hurt you.

Search for Manajuma's carving knife as a unique item and the following properties
crit damage 75
Vitality 100

and see what comes up. That will show you all the ones that are similar to yours.

If nothing comes up, remove vit as a property and compare to ones of similar DPS.

V_Arnold

In EU, that is a sub-3 mill weapon by now. I have a socketed one that has way less DPS but has crit + socket, and is worth 15 mill+ still, thanks to that.

Replace the vit with a socket, and you could have had a 300mill+ drop there.

Let's Look!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-carving-knife

Manajuma's Carving Knife
1-Hand
Witch Doctor
Set Ceremonial Knife
688.2–1044.1 DPS 1006.5 - Very good,
(243-393)–(740-1099) Damage 382 minimum, 1056 maximum

+(143-286)–(334-667) Poison Damage 276 minmum 627 maximum, so very high rolls there.
+41-50% Damage 49% = almost max damage
+170-200 Intelligence 180 is middle/low intelligence
Critical Hit Damage Increased by 66-100% 78% Crit is middle of the road
2.80-3.00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life 2.9 is middle of a LS roll.
+1 Random Magic Properties So, +147 Vit was your one random property.

Could be much better, no one is going to be searching for +vit on this item, they'll be searching for a socket. You might get lucky with the high dps, but the low crit (for the item) and only +vit might hurt you.

Search for Manajuma's carving knife as a unique item and the following properties
crit damage 75
Vitality 100

and see what comes up. That will show you all the ones that are similar to yours.

If nothing comes up, remove vit as a property and compare to ones of similar DPS.

I appreciate the in depth analysis ;) Completely forgot I could look up the potential stats on weapons, hahaha

I'm seeing around 10ish to 20ish million, I guess. Some outliers above and below by a few million. Buyout at 20 to 25 million? I guess I'll just try for 25 to see if anyone bites

kennah

I appreciate the in depth analysis ;) Completely forgot I could look up the potential stats on weapons, hahaha

I'm seeing around 10ish to 20ish million, I guess. Some outliers above and below by a few million. Buyout at 20 to 25 million? I guess I'll just try for 25 to see if anyone bites

I started to do the standard deviation to see what percentile it is in, but decided I didn't hate my life that much and went back to my regular work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom