• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Diablo 2 ladder reset... anyone feeling the urge?

Revoh

I bought the battle chest a few days ago and still haven't played the game, now I think is the perfect time to start.

Hey, if 1000 really puts it around 15-20mill territory, that is good as well :p
Better than having to disenchant the last 10 legendaries...

Yeah, we'll see if it sells for that amount, ahahaha. This will be my best legendary so far, though. I think my previous best was... uhh.. around 1 million, haha

Cipherr

I have gotten a handful of legendary drops since the patch but this is the first one I might make some meager coin off of instead of just melting it into a 10k gold brimstone.

jZJ20.png

Still nothing good really, but its something. If I cant sell it, Ill give it to the enchantress and watch her stack the dot for hilarious damage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That would mean that I have to reveal that I cannot play D2 properly! :D Maybe if you come back to D3, huh? :D
bby ily but you know I can't do that :(

edit: Also, there's no "proper" way of playing D2 with me! Just follow me around and I'll kill shit for you. Here's the process:

>You follow me
>You click all the loot you want
>Enjoy being the loot emperor of ladder for at least a week

It's simple, like that!

I have gotten a handful of legendary drops since the patch but this is the first one I might make some meager coin off of instead of just melting it into a 10k gold brimstone.

jZJ20.png

Still nothing good really, but its something. If I cant sell it, Ill give it to the enchantress and watch her stack the dot for hilarious damage.

That's worth over 50m dude

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Looking for two for uber run - no one on my friends
Neogaf
list is responding.

Any takers? :D suffah#1877

Rom1944

so i tested mp0 act3 complete run just for feeling powerful and i must say that i got more experience than a half act3 mp5 siegebreaker run and got almost the same money in half the time this is really crazy.

Dahbomb

Farming MP0-MP1 is more efficient than farming MP5 unless you are one shotting everything in MP5. This especially holds true for loot drops and EXP gain, most likely for gold too.

Low level MPs for farming, MP4-MP5 for key runs and MP5-MP6 for ubers is my format.

sleepykyo

Farming MP0-MP1 is more efficient than farming MP5 unless you are one shotting everything in MP5. This especially holds true for loot drops and EXP gain, most likely for gold too.

Low level MPs for farming, MP4-MP5 for key runs and MP5-MP6 for ubers is my format.

That explains the number of 100k players I saw in public games.

DSmalls84

Shoulders
Armor - 323
Str - 263
Vit 57
All Resist - 67
life% - 9

If these are as badass as I think they are i'm on a roll lately.

Any Barbs with an opinion on it?

neoism

Try to get shoulders with 100 more dex or so

Everyone is obsessed with Vile Wards at the moment so rares are substantially cheaper with way more vitality

You might be able to go for Nats if you can score some cheap boots (I've seen them end as low as 4m) and the cloak costs nothing. What brings the price up on them is disc, dex>100 and vitality otherwise they're pretty cheap.

You could do with a better helmet too
Forget what everybody else is saying over here (i'm sorry, don't mean to disrespect the rest of gaf :I) but your weapons. Start with your weapons. Staaaart wiiith your weapoooons! You can probably easily gain another 50k dps with what you got. With how the markets are right now, it's so easy to buy 950+ weapons with decent stats, it's insane.

54% critical damage + sock on a 794 dps weapon is pretty useless much as a main hand. If you're going to dual wield, you want at least ONE of your weapons to be a very strong main hand. Ideally you want two strong main hands with great stats, but what the heck, that will run you billions. You can probably get something decent for not much more than 5m with around 1k dps, a sock and life steal / life on hit for your main hand.

I'd also advice switching to either a critical chance shield with vit / dex / main res as those don't run for too much, or a cheap echoing fury without sock, just critical damage and life steal / life on hit.

The .25 mod that the echoing fury has also adds to your main hand, so it makes it pretty much one of the best off hands in the game. So if you have a main hand that has 1.40 and an off hand echoing fury, you now have 1.65 main hand + 15% extra aspd :p that's how I managed to get my monk with 2.28 main hand / 2.00 off hand.
thanks for the info

Inna chest really sucks (I know since I use one). You can get double res chests (120 res+) with 170 vit, 70+ dex for that much

You got a nice hat so the pants would have been a better move

:( first big purchase too...:/

DSmalls84

Shoulders
Armor - 323
Str - 263
Vit 57
All Resist - 67
life% - 9

If these are as badass as I think they are i'm on a roll lately.

Any Barbs with an opinion on it?

Anyone have a clue? There aren't many other rare shoulders like these on the GAH and the others were ridiculously priced.

mileS

Shit it went for a buyout of 75m. I had NFI it was worth that much. I regret the buyout price now.... it sold in under a few hours it seems. Wish I had left the high bid open ended.

its the life steal. It's hard to know unless you spent some time looking around on the AH. Some just look at the dps of the item and say eh not that high. but people will sell souls for life steal on skorn. Very nice find my friend.

Shit it went for a buyout of 75m. I had NFI it was worth that much. I regret the buyout price now.... it sold in under a few hours it seems. Wish I had left the high bid open ended.

It's the life steal, otherwise it would have been worth 5k lol

:( first big purchase too...:/

You could flip it I guess. Aside from having a lot of dex, the chest has very little to offer. Pants got the attack speed and movement speed. 40 res, 9% ias pants run around 15m last I checked

Hesemonni

Banned
Last night killing ubers with two friends and crafting 2 hellfire not even worth mentioning I kinda realized I haven't exactly had fun with this game since finishing Hell difficulty...

koji

Last night killing ubers with two friends and crafting 2 hellfire not even worth mentioning I kinda realized I haven't exactly had fun with this game since finishing Hell difficulty...

The Hellfire ring thing is a lie.

I lucked out that I got a semi decent one on my first attempt and I basically stopped farming keys after that. Put MP down to a lower lvl, MP0/MP1 or MP2, whatever, just so you can instagib the mobs and enjoy the improved droprates and superfast exp. That made the game fun again for me.

Grinding keys at MP5 getting one every 3 runs and crafting shit rings is a great way to burn out on the game.

Rufus

The only reason I farmed keys is to fight the ubers at least once, which I have done (Ghom+Rakanoth was the most difficult for me). I couldn't give a shit about the ring.

Cipherr

its the life steal. It's hard to know unless you spent some time looking around on the AH. Some just look at the dps of the item and say eh not that high. but people will sell souls for life steal on skorn. Very nice find my friend.

I aint even mad, I bought 3 pieces of Natalyas with that gold. Gained 20k dps and kept my resists and HP steady while increasing my armor by 1,000. Feels good man.

Well, server is down

Managed to grab a pair of Inna's pants with 9% ias and 49 poison res for 13m. The pair I bought a couple weeks ago with 45 res and 8% ias dropped in value by 5m and it was a comparatively good deal then!

I'm gonna lose out ;_;

That 1% was really nagging me though...

Celegus

Yeah it really could've gone way higher. Decent damage, strength roll, and life steal = what you wish for in a Skorn.

eek5

Well, server is down

Managed to grab a pair of Inna's pants with 9% ias and 49 poison res for 13m. The pair I bought a couple weeks ago with 45 res and 8% ias dropped in value by 5m and it was a comparatively good deal then!

I'm gonna lose out ;_;

That 1% was really nagging me though...

I told you not to get the 8% ones. Should've listened to me!

kennah

Anyone have a clue? There aren't many other rare shoulders like these on the GAH and the others were ridiculously priced.

They're ridiculously priced for a reason. Congrats. Mine are worth a few million and they have 60 less stir and 20 less all res and no +life. Those are jackpot shoulders dude. Put them up for 15million with no buyout on the weekend and see what happens.

Bags

Neo Member
A friend and I are both cm wizards, and are looking to do some organ farming. As of this post I am an act1 key away from being able to make 2 machines. We've been doing mp4, just the two of us, but need more dps to move up in monster power. If you feel confident doing mp6+ ubers please go ahead and add us. We'd be happy to have you!

I'm bags#1277

He is noodles#1374

edit: just popped our machines and got enough to make my first ring. woohoo!

Still, the more the merrier. Hope to see some friend requests later.

turnbuckle

Might be done farming keys myself for awhile now. Got an excellent one yesterday that I'll be happy wearing. Have about 12 rings and it's the first one with crit chance. Also rolled 180ish str, 180ish vitality, and lightning resistance.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

9SSQ1.png

Talaysen

A friend and I are both cm wizards, and are looking to do some organ farming. As of this post I am an act1 key away from being able to make 2 machines. We've been doing mp4, just the two of us, but need more dps to move up in monster power. If you feel confident doing mp6+ ubers please go ahead and add us. We'd be happy to have you!

I'm bags#1277

He is noodles#1374

Feel free to add me, Talaysen#1383 .

turnbuckle

I'm bags#1277

He is noodles#1374

Feel free to add me too! Turnbuckle#1273

balddemon

Banned
wow this game is much better now. did they make it easier? anyways i bought a skorn, and now i'm tearing through mp0 act 3. when i stopped playing, i could not do that. lol. so much fun.

Wolfie5

Bought Blackthorne's Jousting Mail a few days ago, since it has LOH. I had no idea that pants could have life on hit before. I bought one with armor bonus and LOH 400+ for 7m. Lost AR(costs too much if you want one with AR), but compensated that with better armor and the fact that you get LOH.

My LOH is now around 1000 per hit and reflect damage elites are not an issue for me anymore :)
What's even better is that my next weapon upgrade won't need life steal, which will make my upgrade much cheaper.

turnbuckle

Bought Blackthorne's Jousting Mail a few days ago, since it has LOH. I had no idea that pants could have life on hit before. I bought one with armor bonus and LOH 400+ for 7m. Lost AR(costs too much if you want one with AR), but compensated that with better armor and the fact that you get LOH.

My LOH is now around 1000 per hit and reflect damage elites are not an issue for me anymore :)
What's even better is that my next weapon upgrade won't need life steal, which will make my upgrade much cheaper.

Yeah, I'm considering getting some blackthornes pants and LoH on an Ammy so I can switch to a witching hour belt and not depend on Lifesteal weapons so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom