• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
No LS hurts but that Skorn is fine for an Archon Wiz using Blood Magic and rushing MP2 or less.

I spent 5M on something similar last week.

DSmalls84

Intelligence!? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

70qpn.png

I have seen Wizards using them, so it's probably still worth a good bit.

DSmalls84

Anyone going to be doing key runs or ubers tonight? My tag is DSmalls84#1321 if anyone has some open spots.

Also would be open to just farming in general.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Yeah I can't complain, will help me buy a decent IK chest I've been saving for. If it did roll strength I would have had to debate keeping it for myself.

Sent.

Thanks man! Popped in a gem and my dps is THE SAME. Lmao. Oh well...

kennah

I thought paragon MF, MP bonus MF and NV stacks now affected chests?

As far as I know, they only affect Resplendent chests.
1.0.5 Patch notes.
Resplendent Chests will now operate similarly to Elite packs in Inferno difficulty:
When players open a Resplendent Chest, they will receive a reward based on how many Nephalem Valor stacks they have active at the time
Opening a Resplendent Chest will grant one stack of Nephalem Valor

EDIT:

Yeah, just went through the patch notes for 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and it doesn't look like they undid this change in 1.0.3

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

TheContact

So I haven't played Diablo 3 since about a month after its release. Have they improved with it more? Is it worth getting back into it? Also how much longer for PvP? Or is it in already.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
So I haven't played Diablo 3 since about a month after its release. Have they improved with it more?
I'd say so, yes.
Is it worth getting back into it?
If you have friends to play it with or add members who post here, I'd say yes.
Also how much longer for PvP? Or is it in already.
Not in until next year at least, based on the implications of some article written about 105 before its release.

PVP in this game is going to be Wallet Versus Wallet, anyway. For this and other reasons, I still have no idea why anyone is looking forward to PVP in this game. I find it very difficult to believe it will draw players back who haven't come back with 105.

Anustart

Are these fire walkers worth anything? Perhaps to a fire stacking Monk?

49Rpv.png

Looked on the AH, but only 2 other pairs of boots with those stats, and I couldn't search for the reduced damage.

Edit: Also, what happened to prices on crafting plans? Haven't played in a while, but plans seem to go for dirt cheap nowadays.

eek5

Are these fire walkers worth anything? Perhaps to a fire stacking Monk?

49Rpv.png

Looked on the AH, but only 2 other pairs of boots with those stats, and I couldn't search for the reduced damage.

Unfortunately not a lot. I see a pair w/ 150 dex 50/50 res that's at 1.2mil. Been up for 16 hrs. Maybe you can get 2-3 mil if you're lucky.

Spent about 40mil on a barb with no gear, omg this is fucking stupid I'm more op than my dh and wd from release... WTF. SPIN TO WIN BABY

Hell I spent 6M on my Barb so far and he hasn't even hit lvl 60 and he feels more powerful than my 300 hour DH.

Classes are not even CLOSE to being balanced.

Sigh. Played so much today, and yet I didn't drop anything. Nothing!
Made a couple million from selling yellows and some other shit, but I've been in a reeaaaaally cold streak.

FaidSint

Just did a run and found 2 legendarys. A Tzo Krin's Gaze (TO THE VENDOR!!!), and this set Wand.

I linked it to my pub group, one of whom offered me 200k on the spot, when I declined, he asked for how much. "Hopefully a couple million" to which he insulted me, and another pub said I'd get 500k at most.

I hope they were wrong, a quick search on the AH showed them going for Millions with the life steal. Any ideas?

30m might be out of reach.. but it can't be worth 200k....

02zjG.png

Just did a run and found 2 legendarys. A Tzo Krin's Gaze (TO THE VENDOR!!!), and this set Wand.

I linked it to my pub group, one of whom offered me 200k on the spot, when I declined, he asked for how much. "Hopefully a couple million" to which he insulted me, and another pub said I'd get 500k at most.

I hope they were wrong, a quick search on the AH showed them going for Millions with the life steal. Any ideas?

02zjG.png

Man, it's a shame Wizzard's can't dual wield. The .22 attack speed would add to the other weapon, making it an absolutely perfect off hand.

Anyway :p no idea how much it's worth, sorry dawg.

kennah

WOOO! DH to level 60.

Now to sort through all the gear I was saving for him.

And to start saving up for a Legacy Nats :(

Talaysen

02zjG.png

Wizards definitely like Chantodo's wand, so that should get you something. I prefer +attack speed, but life steal is great to have too. Also that wand has like 150 more DPS than mine.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did put down 30m+ on that honestly. I probably wouldn't put the opening bid that high, but put the buyout there or higher and see if someone takes it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The high dps (1200 being the highest possible value for that wand... Or any wand, I think) and fact that it's companion set item is Chantodo's Force gives it much value. Certainly much more than a couple hundred Ks. More like a couple mils, if not 10 mil. It's true lifesteal is the downer here. Most people would be looking for crit dmg, a socket or LOH.

Don't sell it for less than 4 million. I have no idea how much LS chantodo's are worth, but the wand itself is always good no matter how crappy the last (and only) random property is if you've got high DPS on it.

I have a 60 Barb I rushed the other day. Doing MP10 with twink gear and I got a 60 in a freaking day!

What kind of gear do end barbs need? Say 60 to 100 million gold. What stats do they use? I haven't got the foggiest clue. Alternatively, a link to a pretty good barb?

Thanks!

Rufus

Check Diabloprogress.com

Look at top 10 paragon or DPS or whatever. Go down the list until you find someone who's not decked out in legendaries and set items to get an idea of what you actually need, as opposed to how far you can go. Granted, you might have to go down the list pretty far, so...

koji

Hell I spent 6M on my Barb so far and he hasn't even hit lvl 60 and he feels more powerful than my 300 hour DH.

Classes are not even CLOSE to being balanced.

I started playing HC with a barb, but I didn't really feel unique so I rolled a DH, after about 30 levels I switched back to my barb to continue to lvl him up in HC, it's not only the survivability that's a lot better but also the amount of dmg I'm pumping out (around lvl 40) the changes to rend are crazy...

I leveled a barb in 1.0.3 to 60 in SC but that was way slower like this one in HC, seriously, that rend buff...

It leaves a pretty sour taste in your mouth to see all other classes getting nerfed, even slightly, and see one class just steaming on ahead. Are they really unaware of the class imbalance? Also, if you have 30% of your player base playing the same class out of five available classes something is up...

Just hit paragon level 60 :p I'm still having a hard time conforming with the fact that, after all this time, my biggest sale in the entire game has only been 30m :I

It leaves a pretty sour taste in your mouth to see all other classes getting nerfed, even slightly, and see one class just steaming on ahead. Are they really unaware of the class imbalance? Also, if you have 30% of your player base playing the same class out of five available classes something is up...

To be fair, a Barbarians were the most popular class day 1

I started up a no AH barb today. Hit level 20 in a couple of hours doing MP10 using crappy gear I found and a dex (lol) Hellfire ring which is only helpful because it has an average damage roll.

I'm wondering how long it'll take me to get frustrated and hit the AH. So far I haven't found a need to.

kennah

On the DH I just did I didn't do the AH until I hit level 55, and even then it was only because my level 30 gear couldn't carry me very well in Hell difficulty, hah.

V_Arnold

Just hit paragon level 60 :p I'm still having a hard time conforming with the fact that, after all this time, my biggest sale in the entire game has only been 30m :I

Yep, it is not an easy thing to handle. I had only one 100mill sale myself, no $250 lucky cash grab, nothing. I was not even mad, but that one sell felt great. Your time shall come, if you continue playing :D The key is to enjoy it without needing that drop to drop.

turnbuckle

Woohoo, sold a weapon this morning with only 499 DPS for $120! Some of the rolls on it were perfect or near perfect though. Got about $170 in my RMAH account now. That's enough to avoid the impulse to buy an upgrade and instead cash out :)

Fularu

Banned
Since I have 7 infernal machines I believe it would be sinfull to solo those ubers so if anyone wants to join tomorow and do a few runs, you're welcome.

larvi

Woohoo, sold a weapon this morning with only 499 DPS for $120! Some of the rolls on it were perfect or near perfect though. Got about $170 in my RMAH account now. That's enough to avoid the impulse to buy an upgrade and instead cash out :)

Wow....nice. What type of weapon and what affixes did it have? I'm never sure which low dps weapons are marketable.

DSmalls84

Is anyone rolling Vit Hellfire rings? One of my friends wanted to try to get a more universal ring that he could use on any character. I didn't really think of it before, because 2 of my 3 characters use Int.

DSmalls84

I know, but is the extra 36 crit damage really worth an extra 100+ million? Boggles my mind.

It's not just an extra 36% crit damage it's potentially 136%. If it had a socket someone would put a high Emerald into it for an extra 80-100% Crit on top of the standard roll.

It's not just an extra 36% crit damage it's potentially 136%. If it had a socket someone would put a high Emerald into it for an extra 80-100% Crit on top of the standard roll.

I was comparing a LS/socket with mine rather than a CHD/socket. LS/socket DEX ones are crazy expensive, but this being INT and CHD is worth next to nothing.

DSmalls84

I was comparing a LS/socket with mine rather than a CHD/socket. LS/socket DEX ones are crazy expensive, but this being INT and CHD is worth next to nothing.

Yeah since the drop rates were increased most items are usually either worth nothing or a ton. there's very little in between it seems like. Even a small difference in stats can equal exponentially higher prices.

I found an Andy's Visage, Inquizator, and Gidbinn yesterday and all of them were pretty much worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom