• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

larvi

Is anyone rolling Vit Hellfire rings? One of my friends wanted to try to get a more universal ring that he could use on any character. I didn't really think of it before, because 2 of my 3 characters use Int.

Yeah, I've been doing vit rings lately since I got tired of getting so many dex rings with int/str rolls. I figured any other stat would work well with vit. I haven't gotten any with crit or ias yet but I did get this which is a nice defense ring that I'm using on my WD:

hf2.png

turnbuckle

Is anyone rolling Vit Hellfire rings? One of my friends wanted to try to get a more universal ring that he could use on any character. I didn't really think of it before, because 2 of my 3 characters use Int.

That's what I've been doing mostly. I made 2 or 3 strength rings and about 13 vitality rings. Figured it's easier to to satisfy my health needs that way while focusing on DPS with the other rings/ammys and, like your friend, decided it'd be a great thing to have for alts.

turnbuckle

what's a good rend build? or any build besides a whirlwind one? here's what i'm using now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bVcYkP!bZY!acZZcZ

it's working pretty well for act 3 mp0, but i guess mp0 is hella easy anyways lol

Whichever way you go, I think it's just about imperative to have Sprint + run like the wind rune as well as battle rage + into the fray.

The rend build I used before adopting whirlwind was:
Left click: Bash - Punish or Instigation

Right click: Rend - (bloodlust if low lifesteal/life on hit on weapons and gear - OR - Lacerate if you want more DPS - OR - Ravage if DPS and and life isn't so much an issue and instead you want to kill more enemies more quickly)

The 4 skills I would use:
1: Sprint - run like the wind. I'd run around a group of enemies and let the tornados start ticking, and if I needed to do more damage to a group of enemies I'd rend em too before stopping to bash em.

2: War Cry - Impunity - I no longer use this skill, but it's what I'd use "back in the day". I instead opt for either Hammer of the ancients - smash ; or overpower - killing spree.

3: Battle Rage - Into the Fray. 15% more damage and one of the very best rage generation abilities available. With the increased duration of the buff after the patch it's pretty much a staple in every build.

4: Wrath of the berserker: Thrive on Chaos. If you get it working right, you can basically keep the buff up for several seconds beyond the initial 15. If you're better geared and skilled, you can keep it up for minutes at a time.

Passives: Ruthlessness, Superstition, Weapon Master. If you're having a hard time surviving with those 3 passives I'd dial it down to a monster power where you can make it feasible.

balddemon

Banned
i'll give that a try next time i play. thanks.

theres something to be said for ground stomping enemies to you, rending, then usually you are able to revenge. and then cleave if anything still lives. and if its a pack, pop wotb. seriously does some sick damage.

eek5

hemXh.png

My first and only vit roll. Never again!

Definity

Decided to finishing leveling my alt barb and it's crazy how fast you can gain levels now. Throw a hellfire ring on and crank up the MP level and the levels fly by. Think I just gained 10 levels in an hour of play.

I will be online later tonight hitting paragon levels or ubers. Join up if you see me online.

Definity#1145

RivalCore

Right, finally got myself to 70k DPS with decent sustain. Just collected a set of keys on MP7, feels good!

Any euros fancy doing uber group runs tonight? Feel free to add me, Rivalcycle#2188.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Just did a run and found 2 legendarys. A Tzo Krin's Gaze (TO THE VENDOR!!!), and this set Wand.

I linked it to my pub group, one of whom offered me 200k on the spot, when I declined, he asked for how much. "Hopefully a couple million" to which he insulted me, and another pub said I'd get 500k at most.

I hope they were wrong, a quick search on the AH showed them going for Millions with the life steal. Any ideas?

30m might be out of reach.. but it can't be worth 200k....
The thing that hurts this Chant's the most is that it the +0.22 attack value - most folks demand the maximum +0.25 or merely settle for +0.24. Even in the latter case, it requires substantial investment in the other gear slots for a wizard to reach the coveted 2.74 APS rate.

The wand I have equipped now was won at 25M on an auction with a 10M start and 50M buyout. The damage on your wand is high enough to justify the LS usage, it just goes back to the +0.22 being suboptimal.

It should be a few mil but more than 10 or 15 might be pushing it. I still would be happy to have found it.

Hope to see you tonight.

I just found a Witching Hour, but unsure about whether I should identify it or not.
I'm not HURTING for gold, I have ~2M left, but I read on reddit that I would do a lot better trying to sell the belt unidentified than hoping for good rolls and trying to sell it for more if I get lucky.
As far as I know, the only way to sell unid items is through forums and trade channels, which opens me up to trade scams and that stuff I've been hearing about.
So would I be better off just ID'ing the belt and maybe try selling it when it turns out to have garbage rolls?

In other news, how would you improve my DH? Warning, I bought a lot of the stuff because of the shiny green/gold text.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TurbTurtle-1461/hero/725932

windz

Working my way through Act 1 Inferno on Hardcore tonight. Add Windylisk#1593 if you want to join me. Playing a barb. on the Khazra Den quest.

HenryHSH

Working my way through Act 1 Inferno on Hardcore tonight. Add Windylisk#1593 if you want to join me. Playing a barb. on the Khazra Den quest.

My barb is on act 2. I'm a little busy right now, but I could definitely use some GAF HC players so adding you.

windz

Sounds good :) I'm taking it slow/clearing everything, but would love to play thru Act 2 with someone. Looking forward to it.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I just found a Witching Hour, but unsure about whether I should identify it or not.
I'm not HURTING for gold, I have ~2M left, but I read on reddit that I would do a lot better trying to sell the belt unidentified than hoping for good rolls and trying to sell it for more if I get lucky.
As far as I know, the only way to sell unid items is through forums and trade channels, which opens me up to trade scams and that stuff I've been hearing about.
So would I be better off just ID'ing the belt and maybe try selling it when it turns out to have garbage rolls?

In other news, how would you improve my DH? Warning, I bought a lot of the stuff because of the shiny green/gold text.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TurbTurtle-1461/hero/725932

It would be HARD to be scammed as the seller with the delay in hitting trade button. You can't change the numbers and unless you're bad at counting zeros you'll be fine.

larvi

And to think I usually leave follower items laying on the ground. Good thing I picked this one up, I never realized there was any market for them:

mf.jpg

Barb is finally at lvl 60! Any gear to Juices#1991 would be appreciated I basically have no high stats at all or AllResist atm.

will be on and around for a couple hours! spin to win is so awesome lol.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Barb is finally at lvl 60! Any gear to Juices#1991 would be appreciated I basically have no high stats at all or AllResist atm.

will be on and around for a couple hours! spin to win is so awesome lol.

Nice!

Anyone doing ubers? Add me! suffah#1877

balddemon

Banned
hey i'm curious as to how Rend with the lifesteal rune works. is it a constant healing thing for the 5 seconds? so 9% x n enemies? if so, thats dope and much better than healing with revenge lol

edit: and does lifesteal affect the bleed dmg from skorn?

edit2: also does lifesteal calculate based on the damage shown, or the damage actually done?

Cipherr

Pickup radius is the most addictive stat in the game. I have 14yards and I really and truly FEEL it when I replace a piece of gear with another that doesnt have it.

Edit: Does anyone know where I can find a list of all of the setpieces/legendaries that have movement speed on them? Im looking for an alternative to the Blackthorne pants and the lacuni bracers. I dont really want to be forced into those.

eek5

I saw someone pay 95+ mil (on bids) for a chest w/ 6 pickup radius compared to chests without it going for ~5m total so you guys aren't alone :lol

koji

Pickup radius is the most addictive stat in the game. I have 14yards and I really and truly FEEL it when I replace a piece of gear with another that doesnt have it.

Edit: Does anyone know where I can find a list of all of the setpieces/legendaries that have movement speed on them? Im looking for an alternative to the Blackthorne pants and the lacuni bracers. I dont really want to be forced into those.

Got 48 on my WD for my semi sacrifice build (Circle of Life / Grave Injustice / Gruesome Feast). It's so relaxed/easy to farm with it.

I finished an 'honest' run on normal with a new barb on MP10 (had a Hellfire ring, so not entirely). While it was interesting actually looking at what blues were and gambling with the blacksmith, I don't know if I can be bothered doing this another 2 times to get to Inferno.

My plan was to not use the AH with this character to gear up although, selling is fine

Since I'm not really winning anything for it, I'm not really sure I should bother :lol

MrDaravon

I saw someone pay 95+ mil (on bids) for a chest w/ 6 pickup radius compared to chests without it going for ~5m total so you guys aren't alone :lol

Having to drop my cloak that had pickup radius on it means I can never drop the ferrets as a DH. With no pickup radius the game is super picky about picking up gold, and without the ferrets or a pickup radius it's just really annoying and often not worth it, so I can see that.

Anustart

I just started playing again after a 3 month hiatus. When I was buying gear off the ah to restart, I accidentally left pickup radius as an option for all my gear that could take it. My radius is insane and I don't like losing any of it :D

kennah

Pickup radius is so awesome. It also works great in big fights because you will only pick up a health globe if you need it. Had a pickup/thorns barb once. It was so fun to casually stroll through Hell letting enemies throw themselves against me and automatically grab all coins on the entire screen.

M.D

Skorn

Damage - 1324
Dex - 296
Loh - 1037
Crit - 159
Bleed Damage
Socket

Any idea how much this is worth guys?

I don't know.. a couple of hundred thousands? The ones with LOH are worth a couple of mill, and the ones with life steal are super expensive

Edit: I just noticed you do have LOH, and it's also high. That's gotta be worth something, just not sure how much =p

Rufus

Anyone else notice mobs with some damage taken showing up? It seems like every other creature I see already got hit by something. It's nothing environmental and I'm definitely not hitting them with some long range skill.

Anustart

Anyone else notice mobs with some damage taken showing up? It seems like every other creature I see already got hit by something. It's nothing environmental and I'm definitely not hitting them with some long range skill.

Yep. I had to double take when I came across a mob with half health.

Yep i noticed this. Also last night a mob was already dead when I went to a new area. Found gold just laying on the ground.

Yes sir, noticed it just today.

I appreciate it on Reflect Damage monsters.

Wait, DiabloIII doesnt have a "appear offiline" option for your friends list?

What the fuck?

it was said it would be included for all battle.net but still waiting for it. As for PVP. And basic achievements fixes like monster not having elite or champs versions

FaidSint

So I was doing an Act 3 run the other day and the Gibbering Gemstone dropped in the Ice cave. I realized that I had put off the building the Staff of Herding back like 10 hours in (I'll do it later!) and here I was like 150 hours into the game and had totally forgotten about it, so I went and farmed the rest of the pieces. Now I have my inferno staff and I'm ready for my first trip to Whimseyshire! Yay! Anyways, I'm excited.

Is it at all profitable, or is it basically just a joke?

Also, don't forget to add me FaidSint#1586 for any sort of runs you'd like! I did a MP7 uber run yesterday with some GAFfers and that was super fun. I'd love to do another so I can build my first hellfire ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom