• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

5 minutes into my first run in a week....

Uvl0B.jpg

Of course
This would actually be an upgrade for me.

Anyway, is a shield a must? I don't feel like I'm doing enough damage, OR have enough armor. My DPS is between 4000-4500.

Hell is where you generally need to start caring about defensive stats. Before that you can go all out offensive with your skills and passives but in hell you're going to have to tone it back a bit (for example, using the armor shout instead of the dps shout). A shield isn't necessary for hell, but you should acquire one along the way for some of the tougher fights you'll face.

As for today's changes, they sound pretty decent. I was hoping one AH usability change they'd bring in was to show the item stats by hovering over it's name rather than just the small icon we have to use now. Surely this is a pretty obvious change that people would like and Blizz should be aware of right? Maybe in the next pass.

The paragon system is pretty cool. I expect people who have put in 400 hours or something already would be a little peeved that they get nothing for all that effort. Good for someone like me who hasn't spent a whole lot of time grinding out levels. I also just killed Azmodan in inferno for the first time, feeling pretty good about that. Hopefully Act 4 won't pose too many problems and I can finally finish the game soon.

Rufus

I'm fine with there being a wall to overcome, my issue with inferno was that the wall didn't function well. Instead of there being a difficulty curve that gradually increased or even just a flat difficulty throughout inferno like initially intended we got uneven lulls and peaks. It just felt entirely unnatural to me.
Peaks, as in elites with stupid affix combinations?

Peaks, as in elites with stupid affix combinations?

Even outside of elites, there were certain areas in each act that were far harder then the rest of the act based simply off of the type of monsters found there. It wasn't even close to being a smooth curve.

Pre nerf wasps, licker dudes, snake dudes, overhead mace smash things compared to the generic fodder in the rest of the areas was just really jarring and frustrating at times. Mix that with bad affix combos and its just a mess.

Dakota47

Has there been any comment on what the addition of paragon levelling will have on PvP? Or can PvP definitely be listed as MIA by now?

Rufus

Even outside of elites, there were certain areas in each act that were far harder then the rest of the act based simply off of the type of monsters found there. It wasn't even close to being a smooth curve.
Right, I forgot about... A lot. Add Terror Demons, Phase Beasts, Morlu Incinerators, Fallen Angels, Heralds of Pestilence and possibly more.

I guess I played a Barbarian for too long to remember how annoying those can be. I never got far enough into Inferno with my WD to run into those problems, deprived of the pets that would otherwise distract them.

Yeah, I haven't really been super active playing as I don't want to burn myself out before they get a chance to patch a bunch of stuff but when I speak of inferno difficulty I mostly mean close to launch.

It was just a mess and given a choice between that kind of difficulty and how d2 handled it with hell I will choose the latter easily. A fully fixed inferno to have an intuitive difficulty curve I am down for but still wish it wasn't effectively forced by locking items and stuff away there instead of just being a optional challenge for the people that want it.

Neki

Neki and Ultim00 have the same display pic.... I am confused.

I just realized that there is still no word on if they are adding the number of buffs that are displayed on screen.

I got a name change Dahbomb, I thought you were a little brighter than this, lol.

Cipherr

The eventual phasing out of MF and GF is probably going to hurt the gold farmers a bit huh... I mean, eventually if they lower baseline gold drops and shift the weight of it to the paragon bonuses that you have to actually work for, thats going to be annoying for botters. Yes lawd!

I got a name change Dahbomb, I thought you were a little brighter than this, lol.

That explains alot. I saw Neki and I was like "Wasnt his GAF name different than his D3 characters name?". Now I know Im not crazy.

Vodh

One thing that not alot of people are mentioning is that they effectively killed the price of gold as well. They devalued it by 10x, so that instead of selling your gold for .25C every 100k, its now .25C for 1 million. Good for buyers, but shitty for people hoarding tons of gold I guess. Heh, if nothing else, this should sky rocket the price of items on the gold AH.

So I guess for those hoarding a few hundred million, now may be the best time to get rid of it all. Def somewhat hurts my enthusiasm for the patch. Blizzard probably felt that it was neccessary with the consistent decrease in people buying gold, and thus making them money.

I mean, people wont neccesarily initially sell at that price, but with something like gold, I think its inevitable that the price will always eventually be driven to the bare minimum, and the multitudes of farmers that are still grinding away every single day and acquiring gold all this time.

Yeah, so instead of having no chance in hell to sell your hoarded gold at a superficially inflated price in a market flooded with ridiculous amounts of excess supply you're gonna have a window of time to actually sell it at a lower price that people will actually pay. How is that a bad thing exactly?

Rufus

The eventual phasing out of MF and GF is probably going to hurt the gold farmers a bit huh... I mean, eventually if they lower baseline gold drops and shift the weight of it to the paragon bonuses that you have to actually work for, thats going to be annoying for botters. Yes lawd!
I'm sure they'll find a place to auto-farm XP. Who knows how long it will take for MF&GF to disappear completely? The transition period for players is going to help botters a lot, too. Until then, Goldskin is going to be even more valuable than it would have been if MF&GF were here to stay. Or is the cap going to be implemented before the stats are phased out? If so, disregard that.

scy

Has there been any comment on what the addition of paragon levelling will have on PvP? Or can PvP definitely be listed as MIA by now?

It'll be practically irrelevant for PvP. We're talking about a few thousand HP and ~10% Damage when comparing 0 PL to 100 PL.

Though, to be fair, they said 0 -> 1 PL would be "about the EXP from 59 -> 60" and they were off by about a factor of 3 so who knows if the stat gain from it is actually the same as a regular level (+3 Primary, +2 Vitality, +1 Offstats).

I know im not in the majority though with not caring much for difficulty in loot games, I just wish there was a solution that gave both sides what they want without them ending up harming each other.

The problem is that the increased difficulty for people like me needs some kind of reward to justify it. But, if those rewards are good enough, it becomes essentially mandatory to do that harder difficulty to reap those rewards. :/ We need some kind of super hard mode with loot that is restricted to that mode and some vanity items or something, I guess. It's kind of a strange, fine line to get this all balanced right. Because of that, I'm fine with things being lower in difficulty since that appeals to more people, really.

Cipherr

Shiiiiit Im just now noticing the post on the official forums detailing the Auction House improvements in 1.04

Over the last few days, we've seen a lot of requests from players for us to make improvements to the auction house. We've also seen questions regarding what, if any, changes are being made to the AH in 1.0.4. While we've already talked about many of the updates we have planned, we know some players may have missed those discussions. So, rather than make you wait for the patch notes, we've put together a list of everything that's changing in 1.0.4 for you below.

Take a look:

General Improvements:
  • Players can now cancel their auctions at any point so long they do not have any active bids on them (it will still take five minutes for a listed auction to become searchable, however).We've increased the maximum stack size of gold per listing from 100,000 to 1,000,000. The minimum price per stack will remain the same.
  • We've added description text to several error messages. We've also improved several existing descriptions so that they more clearly describe why you've encountered an error.

Search Improvements:
  • We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.
  • We're upping the number of digits you can enter in the "Min Value" field for equipment searches from 3 to 5 (i.e. you can now search for values > 999).
  • We've replaced “Minimum Damage” with “Average Damage” as a searchable stat, which can be calculated as follows: (Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2. So, for example, searching for an Average Damage of 12 will find an item with 10-14 damage, 12 Minimum damage, or 24 Maximum damage.
  • Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.
  • Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab.

UI Improvements:
  • The Auctions tab and Completed tab will now refresh whenever one of your items has been purchased.
  • Whenever an auction expires or is cancelled, the listing price of that item will now display in the Completed tab.
  • Tooltips have been added for items in the Completed tab (which means you'll be able to see the stats of the items you've purchased or sold, as well as items which failed to sell or were cancelled).
  • Tooltips have been added for commodities.Item Compare tooltips have been added to the Recommended Items page.

In addition to these improvements, we're also fixing several bugs with the auction house UI and functionality (many of which you reported on these forums).

Bug Fixes:
  • Auction house filters are no longer case-sensitive.
  • Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay!
  • The Recommended Items page will now display quivers for demon hunters even if you have a two-handed ranged weapon equipped.
  • Witch doctor's Corpse Spider bonus is now listed when searching for mojos.

And, last but not least, we've fixed several issues with affixes not displaying correctly or being unavailable for equipment searches:

• "Attack Speed" is now a searchable affix for quivers"
  • Chance to Blind on Hit" is now a searchable affix for amulets
  • Items with the "Level Requirement Reduced" affix will now properly appear in search results when specifying the level range
  • Searches will now properly filter results according to the set Minimum and Maximum values for"Life per Spirit Spent"
And there you have it! Please note that this isn’t a preview, and that the above list represents every change we are making to the auction house in 1.0.4. While the list is exhaustive for this patch, it's definitely not the end of the road -- we still have additional improvements planned for 1.1.0 and for the long-term. We don't have a lot of juicy details to share right now on that front, but we'll be sure to provide more information as development continues

Forgive the formatting if I messed it up. But anyways, searchable attack speed on quivers; Oh god yes.

Definity

Been awhile but made a couple sales that total 50$ in the rmah. Sucks its all in blizz bucks because I didn't choose the paypal option, lol. Probably just buy some gold after the patch hits for a rainy day.

Any word on release date? Rumor still tomorrow?

PvP balance just can't happen. I mean, maybe they can pull it off but I'm not even sure it's worth the hassle.

There's really no chance at true balance in a game like this, just look at d2 to get an idea of about where it will sit. Just to many factors and randomization to allow for a competitive playing field.

Cipherr

Been awhile but made a couple sales that total 50$ in the rmah. Sucks its all in blizz bucks because I didn't choose the paypal option, lol. Probably just buy some gold after the patch hits for a rainy day.

Its looking like tomorrow. Supposedly maintenance was extended 2 hours.

PvP balance just can't happen. I mean, maybe they can pull it off but I'm not even sure it's worth the hassle.

Yeah, I mean, PvE is in the games blood and at its core. I have huge doubts about them being able to obtain reasonable balance. Total balance is a pipe dream no large game has ever achieved unless its something homogenized like an FPS or something. As long as they dont throw the meat of the game (PvE) under the fucking bus trying to 'fix' PvP Ill be ok with it. If they WoW this shit by ruining classes PvE ability because of something unpleasant that happens in a fucking shoebox PvP arena I will absolutely rage.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

ive mad like 3 bucks in the last 2 weeks. what kind of stuff did you sell

Just got done reading the notes. So many damn little changes that will make the game so much better. Way too many to even quote the good little stuff.

Just read the paragon changes. What an amazing patch. I'll have to wait a week to play it, but it's a nice present waiting for my return. Looking forward to some progression the most really.

Definity

ive mad like 3 bucks in the last 2 weeks. what kind of stuff did you sell

Sold a 600 dps 1 hand with 700 loh and some armor (can't remember the stats). I'm sure if I waited longer I could have gotten more for it but I just wanted to sell something again.

Edit:

Awesome! Patch is here tomorrow. I've got my monk/demon hunter at the VOTA check point ready to go.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The treasure goblin spawn has been removed from the Road to Alcarnus

lmao, it's about time.

A large portion of the early problems of D3 could have been prevented if they hadn't made it so easy to goblin/res.chest farm. Those things needed to be completely random and always require effort to spawn.

Fixed a bug that allowed monsters with multiple affix powers to sometimes to ignore the cooldown timers of those powers
Hm, so that's what that was all about.

The ability to drag-and-drop skills in Elective Mode will now only be enabled while the Skill window is open
Oh thank Jeebus for this.

Skill Rune - Crushing Advance
Can no longer trigger On Hit procs

Aw, fuck me. Welp, there's the WW barb nerf, although not many people chose to use the overpower variant so it's not a bid deal to many players.

Whirlwind
Weapon damage increased from 110% to 145%

Then again...

Dahbomb

The patch is massive so many little changes that go understated but were still problems.

About the only 2 things I didn't see on there was more than 5 buffs displayed over your skill bar and guaranteed rare when opening res chest with full NV stack.

Definity

lol, just came across this in the patch notes....

Squirt the Peddler has permanently moved from the Caldeum Bazaar up to the Hidden Camp, as she heard people liked buying Health Potions up there

it's the little things in life that make me happy.

The patch is massive so many little changes that go understated but were still problems.

About the only 2 things I didn't see on there was more than 5 buffs displayed over your skill bar and guaranteed rare when opening res chest with full NV stack.
that's what I'm saying. TONS of little things that make a big difference when added up here.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Also, given their reasoning for nerfing twister, that means they're probably gonna nerf caltrops jagged spikes and fists of thunder thunderclap.

Skill Rune - Jagged SpikesCan no longer trigger procs

Skill Rune - Gas GrenadesProc coefficient reduced from 0.5 to 0.165

Yep. Most of the DH tanks out there are officially useless now.

Edit: This is bad news for one of my friends...doesn't seem fair.

Cipherr

Yep. Most of the DH tanks out there are officially useless now.

Edit: This is bad news for one of my friends...doesn't seem fair.

Yep seems they reeled in pretty much every high high proc chance ability in the game. Stacking caltrops for procs was pretty wild. I never tried a full melee build, but Ill bet that the crazy procs you could get out of stacking those caltrops was a corner stone of those melee builds. I think they want the outrageous proc stuff out there gone because of the upcoming legendary processes. Kinda sad to see the overpower rune go though. That one got me through some tough times on my barb back when I was still sword and board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom