• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I gob farm while watching baseball (so about 20 per night there is a game) I don't go to Road to Alcarnus at all though I always go to Ancient path I wonder if that one will be there still lol

They didn't mention the Ancient Path gob, so I would imagine it's still there.

zulux21

They didn't mention the Ancient Path gob, so I would imagine it's still there.

yes, but they have also made a lot of changes they haven't mentioned before as well :p

If they kill gob farming they kill it, at least with the paragon stuff if I do a full farming run of an act and get nothing it won't feel like my time was completely wasted.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yep seems they reeled in pretty much every high high proc chance ability in the game. Stacking caltrops for procs was pretty wild. I never tried a full melee build, but Ill bet that the crazy procs you could get out of stacking those caltrops was a corner stone of those melee builds.

It was a strong build, but you still needed decent gear to do anything. Lots of life on hit, and lots of CC procs. DH tank will be missed. Back to wizard for my friend, I guess. And he built it around his Nat's set too....smh this sucks.

The demon hunter tank spec was pretty ridiculous anyway. Demon Hunter is a ranged class, it can't possibly be a better tank than actual tank classes, which it is in a lot of ways. It's more true to the class to have people rely on the range/traps/crit/etc...

Not just saying that because that's what my DH is, I've tried both. It's better anyway!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The demon hunter tank spec was pretty ridiculous anyway. Demon Hunter is a ranged class, it can't possibly be a better tank than actual tank classes, which it is in a lot of ways. It's more true to the class to have people rely on the range/traps/crit/etc...

Not just saying that because that's what my DH is, I've tried both. It's better anyway!

It was fun and different. It wasn't OP. It still relied on good gear just like any other build. It provided a different way to play and promoted build diversity.

Shouldn't have nerfed it, imo. I understand their reasoning, as laid out in the legendary items post, but I still think they could have allowed regular procs to be in a different class than legendary procs.

Can't wait to try out the WD pet changes as I've neglected it since I leveled up my baba.

If they keep going like this we could get to D2 1.09 godly with enough time. /hyperbole

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It was a strong build, but you still needed decent gear to do anything. Lots of life on hit, and lots of CC procs. DH tank will be missed. Back to wizard for my friend, I guess. And he built it around his Nat's set too....smh this sucks.

Same for melee wizards. Powerful build as it is, but your life basically hangs on a thread as meleee-that's-not-supposed-to-be-melee character. Reduces proc for twisters will make the build much less powerful :(.

Cipherr

Yeah, I may actually roll a WD now. I have a 60 of every class but that one. They even gave pets a lot of AoE avoidance so they dont just melt in certain situations from gas clouds and stuff. Very nice.

Edit: Fucking sucks a bit that I already bought MoP. Not sure Ill be playing it much in the near future now.

Overdue, should have been there from launch. Especially for Act 2. Hard to believe they didnt instantly know that this would have been a good idea.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Overdue, should have been there from launch. Especially for Act 2. Hard to believe they didnt instantly know that this would have been a good idea.

It's strange how this was in beta, and then they took it out. At the time, everyone was like, "WTF???"

They made a conscious decision to remove it from the blacksmith, for whatever reason.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I didn't actually take that long of a break from D3, but this patch will bring me back, confirmed. Glad I have tomorrow off. I'm going to buy some new gear for my Monk, and start Inferno with him, finally. Even though I have four 60s, I don't think I'll paragon more than just the Monk. Would like to spend some serious time with him again.

larvi

Well so much for my DH, couldn't master the glass canon avoidance build so I switched to a gas grenades/caltrops tankish build which suited my play style better. Guess I will have to switch to my monk or barbarian instead now.

It really makes you wonder why anyone would risk spending big $$$ on pricey items just to have the build you needed them for nerfed later on.

Well so much for my DH, couldn't master the glass canon avoidance build so I switched to a gas grenades/caltrops tankish build which suited my play style better. Guess I will have to switch to my monk or barbarian instead now.

It really makes you wonder why anyone would risk spending big $$$ on pricey items just to have the build you needed them for nerfed later on.

It was kinda obvious that DH tanking would be nerfed since it was so obvious that they were made to be a ranged\avoidance class not a tanking class.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It was kinda obvious that DH tanking would be nerfed since it was so obvious that they were made to be a ranged\avoidance class not a tanking class.
It was so obvious that they included skills that could be used in a tanking and damage mitigation build? It was so obvious that they allowed DH to equip melee weapons and shields?

Hmmm....

I guess it's time to eliminate throw barbs too.

Tom Penny

They did nothing to make me not run the exact same skills for monk. At least they improved some of the game design. Can anyone explain why Mantra of Retribution exists?

Vodh

Yeah, the Monk changes seem pretty underwhelming compared to other classes. Then again I've always been using SSS so while it won't impact my skill choices, it sure as hell is a welcome change ;3

Going to chime in here and say that this patch is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't do much to alleviate my long term concerns.

So we get to grind out another 100 levels, great, but the problem is that the game is way too linear. It's seriously boring running the SAME MAP LAYOUTS. The only thing that is random is what affixes your Elite Packs will have.

Legendaries look better, but this just exasperates the issue of needing a ladder. Without the need to reroll characters in time most will be decked out in specific legendaries. The same issue popped up in D2, but a ladder helped with that.

Skills being solely tied to Weapon DPS as well as the boring stat system needs some improvement. There needs to be more customization here instead of gem main attribute.

The paragon stuff is really cool. I've focused a lot on getting good equipment with MF, but I'm still 100 away from that max of 300 anyhow. I figure it'll take me quite some time to actually get to level 33 paragon and then from there I guess I'd start replacing my items with more of a pure focus on dps and survivability.

inky

Sure, there's a ton of room for improvement still without necessarily being all new content. More random layouts. It wouldn't matter if it's the same monsters from now, as long as the traversal isn't as predictable; there's almost no randomness to the maps. Maybe an infinite dungeon with escalating difficulty and better rewards. More affixes that modify skills in rare items. More effects to the gems we have and better main stat values to the higher lvl gems. 1 or 2 more types of gems that include stuff like resists, or class unique buffs/modifiers.

I gotta say 1.0.4 is a move in the right direction, but it shouldn't come to this for Blizzard to really think things through.

Ploid 3.0

Corpse Spiders
*Will now inherit +Critical Damage bonuses from the player
*Can now proc Life on Hit for the player
*Are aware of enemies from further away
*Have increased speed when pursuing enemies
*Skill Rune - Spider Queen
Changed from 16% weapon damage per second for 15 seconds to 630% weapon damage over 15 seconds
Tooltip has been updated to clarify that you may only have one Spider Queen active at a time​

Holy mother of buda...

Revoh

1.0.4 tomorrow, feels good
TezuM.gif

dance with me

inky

Ugh, is it true that red gems are pretty much exploding in price right now? I imagine recipes are too... I wanted to improve all my Star gems for legendary farming, I didn't even think that red gems = exp gems. FFS!

TheExodu5

Banned
Corpse Spiders
*Will now inherit +Critical Damage bonuses from the player
*Can now proc Life on Hit for the player
*Are aware of enemies from further away
*Have increased speed when pursuing enemies
*Skill Rune - Spider Queen
Changed from 16% weapon damage per second for 15 seconds to 630% weapon damage over 15 seconds
Tooltip has been updated to clarify that you may only have one Spider Queen active at a time​

Holy mother of buda...

I wonder if each hit will proc the full LoH or not. That seems like it would be too powerful. I'd love to see a tanky WD with this skill though.

I'm mostly excited about the Spirit Barrage and Rush of Essence buffs. It was my goto primary before, and it's becoming super viable now. Should be the highest DPS primary skill now, I think.

This was my build before:
wd_inferno_build.png

Now I should be able to swap out Blood Ritual for something better.

Disappointed Haunt's Grasping Spirit didn't get a buff...the slow it provides is already nearly unnoticeable.

Also, just some quick napkin math regarding Spirit Barrage:

107.8 mana cost
Spirit is Willing rune refunds 44.1 mana on hit
Rush of Essence refunds 49 mana (over 10 seconds)

Net mana cost: 14.7 mana

14.7 mana for 230% weapon damage, can hit through walls and obstacles...that's just too good.

zulux21

Ugh, is it true that red gems are pretty much exploding in price right now? I imagine recipes are too... I wanted to improve all my Star gems for legendary farming, I didn't even think that red gems = exp gems. FFS!

I checked helm prices when sockets... those exploded as well...
to replace my current helm that is worth a 250k-1 mil with one that is close with a socket is 80-100 mil @_@

Sheik

Could use some advice. I've been kind of out of the loop for a while and just recently heard that there's a patch incoming. I quit a while ago but I have a bunch of gold sitting on my account still. My goal is to maximize the amount of real money I can make off it. What do you guys suggest? Should I just sit tight and wait to see what happens to the market until after the patch? Should I buy weapons and try to sell them on RMAH? Should I sell the gold on the RMAH directly? What's a good price? I tried putting up a bit to see how fast it'd sell but it never sold @ the rate of 0.25.

Resenting myself for being lazy and not cashing out sooner.

inky

And Fiery Brimstone is at an all time high of 500k per unit LOL. I'm still hanging on to 45... I should listen to my financial advisor and sell sell sell

Dat Bubble :p

In other news... how do I make it so it doesn't ask me for an authenticator every time I log in? I know there is an option I have to untick within My Account settings (which is done already) but I don't see any other way.

zulux21

And Fiery Brimstone is at an all time high of 500k per unit LOL. I'm still hanging on to 45... I should listen to my financial advisor and sell sell sell

Dat Bubble :p

In other news... how do I make it so it doesn't ask me for an authenticator every time I log in? I know there is an option I have to untick within My Account settings (which is done already) but I don't see any other way.

darn you saying sell sell sell it got this song stuck in my head

the brimstone very well might continue to go up in price, the new legendaries look sexy so it really depends if the ones you can craft have been greatly improved as well. if they didn't change at all the price will shoot back down after a few days, if they were improved then it will likely continue to go higher.

as for your issue, if you have it unticked it should be good, don't know what is up with that. Personally I like being asked every time.

inky

Well, the authenticator issue is actually more annoying for logging into the site than to the game (especially because it logs me out every time I close the site tab) but I think it might be a bug or something, because it isn't working.

kHGhd.png

L-O-L

SRTtoZ

yes, but they have also made a lot of changes they haven't mentioned before as well :p

If they kill gob farming they kill it, at least with the paragon stuff if I do a full farming run of an act and get nothing it won't feel like my time was completely wasted.

Bingo. That will keep me playing easily. I just did a full act 3 run and made a few mil, not much for time spent.

ZenaxPure

Really looking forward to the impact of all these changes on inferno. I can't say I really enjoy how it was balanced (being more gear based than skill based, yes I know D3 is a loot based game, but still) so I hope all the changes make it less annoying. As it stood currently I saw no future with me actually farming act 3/4 without months of grinding gear with appropriate stats + magic find.

Was more efficient for me to just farm Act 1 with my set that had 215% mf unbuffed since I wasn't dying and elite packs all crumpled in a matter of seconds aside from a few nasty combos.

Well, the authenticator issue is actually more annoying for logging into the site than to the game (especially because it logs me out every time I close the site tab) but I think it might be a bug or something, because it isn't working.

kHGhd.png

L-O-L

wowab1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom