• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember when the rmah just went live and a stormshield sold for $250 bucks .... Heh

I wonder if he had buyers remorse

Edit : what Henry said

Finally got all my level 60s!

My Barb dude finally updated, need ideas, but have no money also. I know I have to get my crit 100% gem into my main weapon. These are just my reduced regquirement weapons I haven't been able to update yet. I also need more AR and Vit and a bit higher Crit Chance/Damage.

Fularu

Banned
Regarding Stormshields, I wouldn't mind a max block +10% crit one, but the strenght is just too low. My shield has 288 Str and life% on it, it just doesn't compare

Keikaku

Best drop I've had in about 2 weeks.

mjbuz.jpg

I'll wait to sell it next weekend but it looks like I'll be able to get around 2 mil for it at least

Jackpot. Very easily a 9 digit sale. Congratulations.

Edit - pffff Toasty get the fuck outta here, you know damn well. Look shady as fuck right now.

1-2M? With 60 vit and all res it's worth at least 100M.

wtf?

I thought WH market crashed or something so I looked it up

that shit is cash money

edit: dex and double res for arcane monk

sweet jebus

Oh wow I wasn't expecting that much, so should I try to sell it for 100M? What's the buyout price I should set for the Witching Hour?
And again, could someone point me in the right direction to improve my DH? I can farm act3 MP1 okay-ish but I'm wondering about what kind of upgrades I can make or what skill changes would be more effective.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T...61/hero/725932

Demy

Best drop I've had in about 2 weeks.

mjbuz.jpg

I'll wait to sell it next weekend but it looks like I'll be able to get around 2 mil for it at least

Don't sell that for anything less than 10-15m. I just bought a pair of physical stacked with lower stats for 15m and they were noticeably cheaper than all the others.

Keikaku

Don't sell that for anything less than 10-15m. I just bought a pair of physical stacked with lower stats for 15m and they were noticeably cheaper than all the others.
Are you sure?

I checked on the US AH for ones with similar stats and the only ones with bids higher than 10m had 200+ DEX.

I've listed it at 12.5m to start, just to see what happens, but thanks for the advice!

Oh wow I wasn't expecting that much, so should I try to sell it for 100M? What's the buyout price I should set for the Witching Hour?
And again, could someone point me in the right direction to improve my DH? I can farm act3 MP1 okay-ish but I'm wondering about what kind of upgrades I can make or what skill changes would be more effective.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T...61/hero/725932

Put it up for 400m buyout. If it doesn't go put it up for 100m buy in no buyout next Friday night

It's be best to wait until you sell that before you go for your upgrades since your budget is going to grow considerably

Your link is broken!

Oops, sorry. Thanks.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TurbTurtle-1461/hero/725932

Put it up for 400m buyout. If it doesn't go put up for 100m buy in no buyout next Friday night

It's be best to wait until you sell that until you go for your upgrades since your budget is going to grow considerably

Thanks for the tip. I was just wondering what I should be aiming for in terms of upgrades since then I can plan ahead. I don't want to toss out my Nat's armor and boots since that gives me a very nice critical hit chance bonus but I feel like I could get some better survivability if I went with rares or something.

DSmalls84

My WD has about 68k base damage but with Thing of the Deep's awesome radius + Gruesome feast, and Soul Harvest I was hitting 128k at times. That and there's much less kiting than on my Wizard. Nice change of pace and luckily about 75% of my Wizard gear is interchangeable.

Ugh, servers have been pissing me off lately. I've gotten disconnected numerous times over the past few nights, and my internet connection is perfectly stable. Blehhhhhhhh

balddemon

Banned
I basically do the Alkaizer run.

In order:
Core of Arreat
Tower of the Cursed
Tower of the Damned
Arreat Crater Level 1
Bridge of Korsikk
Keeps Level 1, first room
Keeps Level 2

do you end with killing azmodan? or is this merely supposed to be a super speed run

Demy

Are you sure?

I checked on the US AH for ones with similar stats and the only ones with bids higher than 10m had 200+ DEX.

I've listed it at 12.5m to start, just to see what happens, but thanks for the advice!

Lots of people only search vile wards by themselves and not with rares. You should be able to get 10m for those at worst.

Keikaku

do you end with killing azmodan? or is this merely supposed to be a super speed run
It's supposed to be a speed run so, no, I don't kill Azmodan since the XP that I get is not worth the time.

Lots of people only search vile wards by themselves and not with rares. You should be able to get 10m for those at worst.
I'll post it up for around that much if it doesn't sell. Thanks a lot!

eek5

No. You get the checkpoint right outside azmo and then leave the game so you start there again. Fight your way up to WP and cycle the run. Cuts off 10s for tp lol

mlaz14

Oops, sorry. Thanks.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TurbTurtle-1461/hero/725932

Thanks for the tip. I was just wondering what I should be aiming for in terms of upgrades since then I can plan ahead. I don't want to toss out my Nat's armor and boots since that gives me a very nice critical hit chance bonus but I feel like I could get some better survivability if I went with rares or something.

At the very least I would get new amulet and gloves with crit chance and crit dmg, and perhaps get a right ring with just better stats than the one you have. Weapon is not very good the dex on it is nice but the dps is just so low. Get better gems as well. Also unless your building to a 4 piece legacy Nats set you could get a pretty big boost in stats by going to rares or new Nats for not that much I think. Your resists and life are fine I'd say unless your dying a lot currently but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

The skills on your profile are good for soloing high MP/Ubers but aren't great for speed farming. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aijdVg!Zbe!cabbcY

I'll use that for fast low MP farming or swap multishot for bat and archery for nightstalker depending on how I feel like running it.

windz

Working my way thru Act 3 Inferno Hardcore tonight - on the Ballistae/Trebuchet quest. Anyone wants to join me add Windylisk#1593

I'm back!

Untitled-28.png

Although I think this is all the lowest rolls possible. WTF game! Even when I hit it it sucks. Zunimassa Boots then this, WTF I want a set item that isn't for WD!

Well if anyone wants to trade my barb needs beginner stuff still! Getting rocked occasionally by elites on MP1! :(

Keikaku

Oh man I should start combining some of my stacks.
Do you have about 729 Flawless Squares and 1631 Tomes of Secrets? If not, you don't have enough to make 1 Radiant Star or whatever.

You'll also need about 15.4 million gold to craft them all.

EDIT: Actually, you can just buy the Flawless Squares for about 2.15m right now and the plans are about 2.8m all told. That gets you no profit for the first Radiant Star and just a little under 1.4 million profit (this takes into account the Blizzard tax) for each Radiant Star that you craft. That's not worth it IMO, especially since you can get more utility from your time by simply farming/leveling Paragon.

Rufus

EDIT: Actually, you can just buy the Flawless Squares for about 2.15m right now and the plans are about 2.8m all told. That gets you no profit for the first Radiant Star and just a little under 1.4 million profit (this takes into account the Blizzard tax) for each Radiant Star that you craft. That's not worth it IMO, especially since you can get more utility from your time by simply farming/leveling Paragon.
Nice edit. I was about to ask you how you arrived at 9m profits, haha.

kennah

Definitely not. I have 2.97, and have seen it go up to something like 3.31 with a Frenzy shrine. I don't think there's a hard cap to it.
Huh. Ok. I equipped something with attack speed and it didn't change. Maybe it was because of dual weilding.

Shadow780

Do you have about 729 Flawless Squares and 1631 Tomes of Secrets? If not, you don't have enough to make 1 Radiant Star or whatever.

You'll also need about 15.4 million gold to craft them all.

I have those materials but not nearly enough gold to craft them.

Second Time I find Bashiok. Second time nothing happens. Fuck this bug fest shitty game.

Can't even load my characters now.

Wtf is going on this past 3 days ? Am I the only one struggling going in and out of groups ?

ydQIC.png

Did I FINALLY hit the jackpot, GAF? Any chance this is worth 100m+?

I saw another one very similar to this with 28m Current Offer with a day and a half left.

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high up, but I'd be delighted if I finally got.. you know, a little rich.

DSmalls84

So are people using Rain of Toads? That skill seems ridiculously good for being costing basically nothing to cast. Also Corpse Bomb is pretty fun to spam but definitely not as effective as Bears.

ydQIC.png

Did I FINALLY hit the jackpot, GAF? Any chance this is worth 100m+?

I saw another one very similar to this with 28m Current Offer with a day and a half left.

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high up, but I'd be delighted if I finally got.. you know, a little rich.

Nore sure about 100m +. STR rolls on those shoulders aren't worth as much because standard yellow shoulders can roll up to 300 STR. If that was dex or int it would likely be more valuable.

Still ... should sell for a nice penny.

Sothpaw

So are people using Rain of Toads? That skill seems ridiculously good for being costing basically nothing to cast. Also Corpse Bomb is pretty fun to spam but definitely not as effective as Bears.

I use Rain of Toads. I killed Inferno Diablo for the first time solo back in 1.03, and back then I went super tanky to be able to get through Act IV. I am still in that same gear and Toads and Acid Rain really work well with my LOH. Toads is great when you don't have the gear to be efficient with bears.

DSmalls84

Bought Zunimassa mojo for 20m yesterday, sold it today for 30m (i.e. 25.5 or so after Blizz tax). Finally made some money ! If only it always worked that way...

I was thinking of trying to flip items as well. I won a Zuni's Marrow for 4.5 mil and was thinking about trying to flip it for 6-7 even if it is a lower end roll.

Vodh

Gave all my DH items to my monk, bought him 2 500k 1handers... Effect? Changed MP from 2 to 4 and ready to rock!

Just found a Unity Ring. 27-53 damage, 153 dex. 285 LoH.

It's amazing the extra survivability that 285 extra loh gives you when you have 2.20+ ASPD. I really won't have to worry about raising my resists for a while. I have about 514 res / 4.6k armor and I'm sitting comfortably in front of everything thanks to 800+ total life on hit and 2.5% Life Steal. I lost 3k DPS buffed, but man, I really can't go back now lol.

I just see 5k, 6k ticks of Health popping up on my monk, and I KNOW those aren't health globes anymore :O

turnbuckle

I was thinking of trying to flip items as well. I won a Zuni's Marrow for 4.5 mil and was thinking about trying to flip it for 6-7 even if it is a lower end roll.

I've made a bit of money buying form the GAH during the week on stuff that I knew would jump on the weekend in the RMAH. Leoric's signets with 23%+ bonus experience can sometimes go for as "little" as 25 million on the regular auction house but can go for $20+ on the rmah. I've only tried this twice and so far I've made about 30 million gold (if you converted the real money to gold) after tax.

In other news, I think I'm done buying anything for my barbarian for the low mp farm build.
Got my unbuffed dps up around 150k with a leoric's signet equipped; 170+ with a better ring on. Also got an excellent hellfire ring last night.

Roommate had this drop and he gave it to me:
Ml5G2.png

This is the hellfire ring I had drop last night:
UpG34.png

Those along with the inna's temperance and witching hour I purchased allow me to basically just run from point A to point B on mp0, but I don't like mp0. So I have to stop and hit things and face the risk of death on rare occasion with mp1.

I may buy some non-movement speed ice climbers if the price is right, but I think that would lower my DPS over the Natalya's boots. The 8% bonus poison damage made my dps skyrocket over my immortal king's irons.

The mempo someone posted earlier is a jackpot. Probably could get a billion on a good day, and close to on even a bad one. They may have come down a bit in price though, but at the very least you're talking hundreds of millions. Congrats!

FaidSint

I make most of my money by farming the Auction House.

I used to have the best system I would get such easy money by buying cheap socketed level 16-35 items, putting a red gem in them to put them on the front page of DPS for that level, then jacking up the price by a factor of sometimes 100 or so. They would sell instantly. Unforunately the removal of gems as a DPS factor ruined my scheme.

I did have some amazing flips though. I'd get like a 30.7 dps socketed 1 handed crossbow for 2500g put a gem in it to get it up to like 38 or something, which would make it #1 or #2 when you search by DPS (which is what causals do, its the easiest), and sell it for like 200k. They sold so quickly to. I miss that.

Now I've been farming Inna's Favors and Zunimassa's trails. But the market has collapsed for those (Probably I'm partly to blame). I buy the cheapest ones that just go up for like 1.2m-1.5m, then sell them for 1.8m, make a quick 200k-300k, and just do it over and over again. You just have to buy basically the entire first page so that the minimum buyout left is over 2m, then you are basically undercutting everything.

Yeah.. I think about this too much.

EDIT:
Here's a couple Trail's and Favor's from a few days ago. You can see that even after blizz tax I get a solid profit of around 200k for each sale (for a 1-2m initial investment), and the turnaround is pretty fast. Unfortunately like I said the market is dwindling a lot.
blANl.png

Opiate

So let's say I wanted to get back in to D3 (I do). Let's say I wanted I already had level 60s of all 5 classes (I do).

What classes are generally perceived to be the best late game farmers at this point? Who clears the best, and with what builds?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So let's say I wanted to get back in to D3 (I do). Let's say I wanted I already had level 60s of all 5 classes (I do).

What classes are generally perceived to be the best late game farmers at this point? Who clears the best, and with what builds?

Barbs are ridiculous of course. Their movement speed is untouchable. You can farm lower levels for paragon/legends or higher levels for ubers.

I'm also biased towards wizards. If you can get a CM/freeze build, farming MP9-10 for ubers is no problem. For paragon farming, I am getting nearly 60M exp per hour which is very good. Not as good as a barb, but better than most classes IMO.

Also a fellow gaffer showed me his tempest rush monk build. It's FAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom