• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

So let's say I wanted to get back in to D3 (I do). Let's say I wanted I already had level 60s of all 5 classes (I do).

What classes are generally perceived to be the best late game farmers at this point? Who clears the best, and with what builds?

answer to all best-of questions is barb

Barbs are ridiculous of course. Their movement speed is untouchable. You can farm lower levels for paragon/legends or higher levels for ubers.

I'm also biased towards wizards. If you can get a CM/freeze build, farming MP9-10 for ubers is no problem. For paragon farming, I am getting nearly 60M exp per hour which is very good. Not as good as a barb, but better than most classes IMO.

Sounds like blizz needs to nerf wizards again. Having a class be almost as good as barb is unacceptable.

Barbs are ridiculous of course. Their movement speed is untouchable. You can farm lower levels for paragon/legends or higher levels for ubers.

I'm also biased towards wizards. If you can get a CM/freeze build, farming MP9-10 for ubers is no problem. For paragon farming, I am getting nearly 60M exp per hour which is very good. Not as good as a barb, but better than most classes IMO.

Also a fellow gaffer showed me his tempest rush monk build. It's FAST.

60m per hour? What MP do you play in?

You have peeked my interest.

eek5

I think you guys are underestimating how fast Monk is. My Monk with 90k dps is >>>>>>>>>>>>> much faster than my DH at 160

WW Barb is easily the fastest, CM Wiz to do properly is expensive. WD are definitely slow

eek5

I think you guys are underestimating how fast Monk is. My Monk with 90k dps is >>>>>>>>>>>>> much faster than my DH at 160

WW Barb is easily the fastest, CM Wiz to do properly is expensive. WD are definitely slow

My old 7 spirit regen monk was pretty fast. The only thing slowing me down is stupid sweeping wind. Might build 4-set innas for farming =\

Cipherr

So let's say I wanted to get back in to D3 (I do). Let's say I wanted I already had level 60s of all 5 classes (I do).

What classes are generally perceived to be the best late game farmers at this point? Who clears the best, and with what builds?

Barbs by far. But yeah Im playing a lot more lately since the patch. They really nailed something good with the paragon + MP levels + drop changes + keys/organs/ubers and whatnot. The game feels so much better now. I just run MP0 public Act 3 runs and its STILL good fun and good paragon exp and good drops.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
60m per hour? What MP do you play in?

You have peeked my interest.

I've spammed my ideas here many times, but I'll do it again. :)

I farm MP0 with 300MF gear. I also wear FULL exp gear - Hellfire Ring, Leoric's Signet, and Cain's set. My follower has a Hellfire Ring as well. Over 200% exp bonus with a full stack! That's equal to MP9 for those keeping score at home.

I use Archon/teleport and Scramble for the speed boost, teleport really made a big difference IMO.

Most people I've encountered have a hard time swallowing their pride. One of my good buds IRL was 24 paragon levels ahead of me and can't bear to bring himself to farm MP0 (He does MP3). I'm now only 13 paragon levels behind him and am certain I'll pass him soon.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
All the classes can get to ~60m xp/hr pretty much. Here is WD going pretty fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHTQnilgW5w&list=HL1352666193&feature=mh_lolz

If he had more DPS he might actually be able to kill everything. With monk you can do a tempest rush build w/ fleet footed and move pretty quickly though mp0 and get around 60m as well.

The WD has me intrigued. Are you sure monks can hit 60m even with tempest rush? I thought they capped around 30m/hr.

EDIT: Looks like 50-60 is doable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006895001

I've spammed my ideas here many times, but I'll do it again. :)

I farm MP0 with 300MF gear. I also wear FULL exp gear - Hellfire Ring, Leoric's Signet, and Cain's set. My follower has a Hellfire Ring as well. Over 200% exp bonus with a full stack! That's equal to MP9 for those keeping score at home.

I use Archon/teleport and Scramble for the speed boost, teleport really made a big difference IMO.

Most people I've encountered have a hard time swallowing their pride. One of my good buds IRL was 24 paragon levels ahead of me and can't bear to bring himself to farm MP0 (He does MP3). I'm now only 13 paragon levels behind him and am certain I'll pass him soon.

THat's my problem :p I farm MP 6~7 right now, but I could probably get better results just farming something like MP 3 or 4 :p

Vodh

Personally I probably find Monk the most fun after playing all classes for 70+ hours. It changes, I get bored every now and then and lose tons of money switching my main, but yeah. Barb is fun but just wasn't 'that' for me. Wizard is my second favourite, but right now you're either CM/crit, or Archon (or Disintegrate), and I hated the CM build and got bored of the Archon/disintegrate. WD is fun but feels a bit slow even when he's murdering everything in sight with Acid Cloud on low MP and DH feels so fragile that it kills the class for me.

eek5

You can get up to 80m xp per hour on monk use DatModz dashing strike build for dual wield.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aSdXTQ!ZbU!acabcZ

He also streams almost everyday so you can watch him on twitch to see how it works. He says you only need 50k dps to use it and of course more dps is faster. I've seen him do alkizer runs in 7 minutes on average using this build.

Never seen him play but I'm assuming he uses Way of the Falling Star because his DS one shots everything w/ 400k dps which means he can just dash and run straight out from white mobs. Most ordinary people will probably want to use quicksilver to preserve spirit.

MoH + Circular Breathing is unecessary if you're running quicksilver as well and you can run MoC w/ overawe like normal.

I think chant of resonance is better than Exalted soul. MoC and SW are expensive and you'll rarely ever go above 150 spirit if you're not using a boosted spirit generator so getting 2 spirit/sec instead of 1 is better plus you don't need to refresh MoC against trash on MP0 so you'll have more spirit for DS/SW.

DH's "Marked for Death - Grim Reaper" is absolutely amazing for ubers.

12% damage boost for all party members and ass a 20 yard AOE circle that also add's 12% dps for anything in that around the target. If you have a CM Wiz you can stack both bosses for the extra damage.

It also stacks with the Monks Mantra of Conviction - Overawe 24% dps boost.

MrDaravon

So this is hilarious; I have 70 million now, and no clear upgrade path. Any suggestions?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

The obvious choice is to get the Nat ring for the 4-set bonus, but the problem is both of my current rings are so good (the Unity is the weakest pure damage-wise) that to get a Nat that's better than it I would need to buy one that's either a very high Dex roll to just break even (even with the Nat bonus), or get a low dex one with a 25-30% crit damage roll which would be about a 3.5-4k unbuffed damage upgrade, but a ring like that is going to run 50-60 million.

I could drop 60-70 million to get a better Manticore (either a lower DPS w/2 socket or dex w/1 socket), and looking at what that would get me I could probably get anywhere from a 13-18k damage boost, but I would be losing all or just about all of the Vit on the one I have now, which is over 9000 (lol) HP for me right now, which is a substantial amount and would take me under 30k total, so not sure I want to make that tradeoff.

On the boots, shoulders, bracers, belt and pants I could get 20-50 dex upgrades, but that also would only wind up being about a 3k damage boost and those would cost me anywhere from 30+ million each. My helm already has near the max dex roll, I could buy one with a small amount of vit and lesser fire damage, but that would also be almost all of that money for a very small gain. Same with the cloak, for a Nat cloak with Max Disc the dex roll on it is already pretty good, getting one with a slightly higher Life % or Dex roll would not be at all cost effective. I just got my gloves recently, and it looks like getting any upgrade on those for under 70 mil would be extremely minimal at best. On my quiver I would have to give up Max Disc to get a dex roll over 200, and I could upgrade what I have to one with high attack speed on it, but that's again only maybe a 3k or so boost.

This was not the problem I was expecting to have once I had money lol. At this point I'm tempted to just spend the money on making Radiant Stars; I probably have enough to outright make one and I could slot that in my Manticore to get the same ~3k damage boost, and then maybe spend some of the rest on getting a pair of Inna pants with a bit higher of a dex roll and 9% speed.

Edit: Oh, I actually forgot about a Witching Hour. If prices have come down on those I can probably get one that would more than make up for the 2-set inna bonus I have currently.

larvi

DH's "Marked for Death - Grim Reaper" is absolutely amazing for ubers.

12% damage boost for all party members and ass a 20 yard AOE circle that also add's 12% dps for anything in that around the target. If you have a CM Wiz you can stack both bosses for the extra damage.

It also stacks with the Monks Mantra of Conviction - Overawe 24% dps boost.

This is the build I've been using for ubers:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WZgVkR!feY!ZaYbcY

I use the mortal enemy rune on mfd to generate hatred for Impale which deals big damage and stuns. If you have a CM wiz and don't need the stun you can swap out the rune on impale for either chemical burn or grevious wounds for even bigger damage.

I also just bought a Stone of Jordan with 29% elite bonus and impale hatred reduction for use with ubers

HenryHSH

Buying your unid'd Ivory Towers for brimstones.

Already at 7. Might as well speed the process up. The faster I get a full inventory, the sooner I can troll my friend. lolol

kennah

You don't understand.

He wants to randomly drop 20-100 ivory towers while playing with his friend. All while playing innocent about their origin. This guy is going to get Ivory Tower after Ivory Tower until he becomes certain that the game is trolling the fuck out of him.

It will be glorious.

ydQIC.png

Did I FINALLY hit the jackpot, GAF? Any chance this is worth 100m+?

I saw another one very similar to this with 28m Current Offer with a day and a half left.

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high up, but I'd be delighted if I finally got.. you know, a little rich.

Nice. There's an entire day left for the auction and my current bid is at 11.25m. I'm reaaaally hoping to get 50m+ for this.

Also found a bunch of shitty legendaries, including the worst rolled Zunimassa's vision on the AH. I can't even get 20k for it :)

Keikaku

Best drop I've had in about 2 weeks.

mjbuz.jpg

I'll wait to sell it next weekend but it looks like I'll be able to get around 2 mil for it at least

Don't sell that for anything less than 10-15m. I just bought a pair of physical stacked with lower stats for 15m and they were noticeably cheaper than all the others.

Demy, thank you so much! I started it off at 12.5m with no buyout price and it's currently sitting at a shade over 24m with 11.5 hours to go. Thanks man!

Does anyone want to powerlevel characters? It'll take about 4 hours to get 1 character to 60 using MP10 and Act 3. I now have enough damage to run 2-3 characters too. If anyone wants to go, please let me know. Add me too: Ajax #1434. We can switch off every once in a while as I have a Monk, a DH and Wiz to level up myself.

Demy

Demy, thank you so much! I started it off at 12.5m with no buyout price and it's currently sitting at a shade over 24m with 11.5 hours to go. Thanks man!

Does anyone want to powerlevel characters? It'll take about 4 hours to get 1 character to 60 using MP10 and Act 3. I now have enough damage to run 2-3 characters too. If anyone wants to go, please let me know. Add me too: Ajax #1434. We can switch off every once in a while as I have a Monk, a DH and Wiz to level up myself.

Nice. Yeah when selling legendaries you don't really need to look at the stats vs rares. Most people buying legendaries search that item by itself. Hope you get 50m+ for those.

Edit: How does your powerleveling method work? I just lvl'ed a WD to 56 in about 12h using mp10(cain's set, hellfire ring) and just running through the game.

MrDaravon

You don't understand.

He wants to randomly drop 20-100 ivory towers while playing with his friend. All while playing innocent about their origin. This guy is going to get Ivory Tower after Ivory Tower until he becomes certain that the game is trolling the fuck out of him.

It will be glorious.

That is amazing.

This is the build I've been using for ubers:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WZgVkR!feY!ZaYbcY

I use the mortal enemy rune on mfd to generate hatred for Impale which deals big damage and stuns. If you have a CM wiz and don't need the stun you can swap out the rune on impale for either chemical burn or grevious wounds for even bigger damage.

I also just bought a Stone of Jordan with 29% elite bonus and impale hatred reduction for use with ubers
I do something similar with the mortal enemy rune but with the hatred I go with spike trap with echoing blast. Does some *serious* damage and if both bosses are close, I'm able to deal out to both at the same time.

Also, if you can handle it, consider using Cull The Weak instead of perfectionist for the additional 15% DPS bonus when you do have a CM Sorc.

A belt for my barb...Now not sure which to wear!

Untitled-29.png

I bought the one equipped for 1m introductory, this new one has more strength but doesnt have the life % roll! 12% Frenzy also seems pretty high. Which one to wear!?

Keikaku

Nice. Yeah when selling legendaries you don't really need to look at the stats vs rares. Most people buying legendaries search that item by itself. Hope you get 50m+ for those.

Edit: How does your powerleveling method work? I just lvl'ed a WD to 56 in about 12h using mp10(cain's set, hellfire ring) and just running through the game.
Cain's set and Leorics Signet are useful. A Hellfire Ring is great if you have it but it's not necessary.

Here's how it works:
  • We run only the Core of Arreat section of Act 3, including killing Azmodan
  • From levels 1-25, we run Normal MP10
  • From levels 25-50, we run Nightmare MP10
  • From levels 50-60, we run Hell MP10
  • For the last few levels we may also run the keeps

The biggest thing to watch out for are Phasebeasts, the traps and any elites. Everything else is gravy.

It took about 4.5 hours last time with Suffah and Juices.

Demy

Cain's set and Leorics Signet are useful. A Hellfire Ring is great if you have it but it's not necessary.

Here's how it works:
  • We run only the Core of Arreat section of Act 3, including killing Azmodan
  • From levels 1-25, we run Normal MP10
  • From levels 25-50, we run Nightmare MP10
  • From levels 50-60, we run Hell MP10
  • For the last few levels we may also run the keeps

The biggest thing to watch out for are Phasebeasts, the traps and any elites. Everything else is gravy.

It took about 4.5 hours last time with Suffah and Juices.

Do you get way points to go straight there or do you just speed through to that point and then lvl? Cause I've literally just been running through MP10 on each difficulty and it still took me 12hours to get to 56. I'm at the middle of MP10 act 3 hell now. I've been doing this all solo also.

Keikaku

Do you get way points to go straight there or do you just speed through to that point and then lvl? Cause I've literally just been running through MP10 on each difficulty and it still took me 12hours to get to 56. I'm at the middle of MP10 act 3 hell now. I've been doing this all solo also.
Well, the guy who's leading the run has to have a level 60 character to give you the waypoint and set up the party. He/she also has to kill the monsters since the characters that are leveling are too weak to do so.

The characters who are being powerleveled then only need to stay on screen with the lvl 60 who's doing all the killing.

Cipherr

Did a bunch of runs today. Just public games on Inferno Act 3. I do the first two parts of the act, the ones that take place atop the keep. It gives me a shot at a key and its fun/fast as hell to run. Gathered all ilvl 63's (not like that matters much anymore but meh). The exp isnt half bad either even though most of the first 30%of that short run doesn't have 5 stacks.

Got really lucky in the last few runs, a lot of legendarys started dropping.

HenryHSH

I got one, what's your battletag? :D

henryhsh#1724 I'll be on tomorrow

A belt for my barb...Now not sure which to wear!

Untitled-29.png

I bought the one equipped for 1m introductory, this new one has more strength but doesnt have the life % roll! 12% Frenzy also seems pretty high. Which one to wear!?

For me, the one with the pickup radius and the perfect LS would be the obvious choice. As long as you're close to 40k life, you should be fine. I actually have 35k and can farm keys at MP8.

Keikaku

This is my profile.

Anyone got any tips on where to go from here? I'm thinking of switching to something more like this guy. Yes, the stats are apparently lower but he is capable of running MP8-10 using a Sacrifice Dogs build, which I'm not at all geared for.

I know there are some WDs up in here. What do you guys think?

koji

0 CD Sacrifice build is crazy expensive, but like really REALLY expensive.

I'm using some kind of variation on it, only use it to farm mp0 or mp1. It's really fun to play, you need a lot of pick up range though, I have 48, you basically sacrifice the dogs that respawn with circle of life, they leave health globes, those proc Grave Injustice, that keeps your mana topped up so you can spam Acid Cloud AND sacrifice for pretty high burst damage + increases your damage. (can switch Acid Cloud with bears if you want but I like the LOH proc on AC)

With the high pick up radius and Circle of Life you should be running with 3 dogs most of the time but you can also swap pierce the veil for Grave Injustice, works great with the huge pick up radius and keeps the cooldown on zombie dogs pretty low. (Also helps for the crazy mana regen to spam the big nukes, I prefer the 20% extra dmg PtV gives me though cause my dmg is kinda low with that gear)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/964675

Build is not so expensive and works great on low MP. 24% movement speed and 48 pickup range makes for some pretty fast farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom