• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

0 CD Sacrifice build is crazy expensive, but like really REALLY expensive.

I'm using some kind of variation on it, only use it to farm mp0 or mp1. It's really fun to play, you need a lot of pick up range though, I have 48, you basically sacrifice the dogs that respawn with circle of life, they leave health globes, those proc Grave Injustice, that keeps your mana topped up so you can spam Acid Cloud AND sacrifice for pretty high burst damage + increases your damage. (can switch Acid Cloud with bears if you want but I like the LOH proc on AC)

With the high pick up radius and Circle of Life you should be running with 3 dogs most of the time but you can also swap pierce the veil for Grave Injustice, works great with the huge pick up radius and keeps the cooldown on zombie dogs pretty low.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/964675

Build is not so expensive and works great on low MP.
How expensive are you talking? I have about 60m to work with; is that enough?

koji

How expensive are you talking? I have about 60m to work with; is that enough?

Well those rings for the 0CD build go for 150mil and up, homunculus is ilvl 57 so it doesn't drop in inferno anymore, so that's pretty damn rare and you need a good one for the 20sec cooldown on Zombie Dogs and they're probably even more expensive like the rings.

Basically every part = 150mil and up last time I checked...

edit: looks like you can get a 20sec cooldown reduction homunculus for 25mil

Use this guide to find the rings on the AH; http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/12ws48/how_to_quickly_find_a_stone_of_jordan_for_your/

Additionally, for you can filter Mara's Kaleidoscopes with the following:

All armor / Legendary
Str
Vit
Int
Dex
Allres
Your desired skill bonus

or Skull Grasps by:

All armor / Legendary
Attack Speed
Life on Hit
Your desired skill bonus

At no point enter the name of the item, it borks the search up. Note that all skills are not available to be searched even this way.

If you go to the AH and write in "Stone of Jordan" in the search field, you will only be able to filter out Bonus vs Elites, even though the ring has class-spesific properties. A quick workaround is to do the following:

Set category Armor - All Armor Item Types
Filter for Bonus vs Elites (20-30%)
Filter for stats modifying the resource for your class (Sprit regen per second, Max Fury/AP/Mana/Discipline)

Keikaku

Well those rings for the 0CD build go for 150mil and up, homunculus is ilvl 57 so it doesn't drop in inferno anymore, so that's pretty damn rare and you need a good one for the 20sec cooldown on Zombie Dogs and they're probably even more expensive like the rings.

Basically every part = 150mil and up last time I checked...
Well damn lol

Good to know though. I'll keep on trucking with what I have for now and I'll see what I can do. I'll still pick up a good Tyrael's Might though as it's an upgrade to what I have right now. The extra movement speed, life bonus, resist all and pickup radius are all better than what I have now.

koji

Yeah I'd love to give it a try but it's just too expensive, you also need the 0CD otherwise it doesn't really work. I also have a feeling it might get nerfed, looks a bit broken.

kennah

Bah, saw nothing inspiring to bid on before the server shut down. Anything that is an upgrade for any of my characters right now is more than I can afford. /tristramworldproblems

Keikaku

Bah, saw nothing inspiring to bid on before the server shut down. Anything that is an upgrade for any of my characters right now is more than I can afford. /tristramworldproblems
I was keeping tabs on a great Tyreal's Might that was going for under 2m and I was planning to snipe it last minute. Alas, GSL distracted me a minute too long :(

Celegus

Buying your unid'd Ivory Towers for brimstones.

Already at 7. Might as well speed the process up. The faster I get a full inventory, the sooner I can troll my friend. lolol

I still have at least two I can donate for the cause; add Celegus#1599. Fantastic idea!

Edit: Crap nevermind, you wanted unid'd. Mine are already id'd.

neoism

motherfucking maintenance...I really had fun last night...had and perfect uber run with some gaffers.. still need 700k lol Lucked up and got all three items in a row to make meh hellfire ring...but still need to buy the ring plan..they really made this tedious to first time...

online gaming..lol

M.D

Bought this for 1.7M

It gives me a little DPS boost with little HP lost, but the main reason I got it is for the 60AR
Now my lowest AR without War Cry is 518

ewGAp.jpg

Haha, definitely recording it. Best part is that my friend rages easily.

Randomly dropping them while he's killing enemies.

I've been doing legendary drops from Normal or Nightmare in Inferno to a very candid friend. He's falling for it.

" OMG ORANGE BELT, WITCHING HOURS GUYS "

ID

lvl 15 belt " WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF "

moves on. repeat every 5 minutes. We've been trolling him for days. He just simply can't understand we're pranking him

That is awesome. I too will donate any cruddy legendaries to the cause of trolling one's friends. HAHAH.

I decided I wanted to play around with the WD. So I got me an INT helfire ring. First roll I got.

15-39 DMG
192 INT
9% IAS
35% EXP
SOC (put some vit in there)

That ring and about 200K worth of items on the GAH has me tromping through normal. I'm able to do a normal run at MP3. I have a soc in my helm and a bunch of +exp on kill gear. I got me some movement speed too. All in all I got to 22 or 23 last night and am about half way done with act II.

Is there any reason to use anything other than poison dart in normal?

kennah

You should be able to do MP10 on Normal. It's possible even with regular gear and you level up so fast that the difference is made up very quickly.

MP3 was just so fast though. It felt like my Monk was farming on MP2 or less. You think the exp bonus would make up for the loss of speed? I have no doubts I'll be at 60 WAY before I finish all three difficulties even on only MP3.

Vodh

MP3 was just so fast though. It felt like my Monk was farming on MP2 or less. You think the exp bonus would make up for the loss of speed? I have no doubts I'll be at 60 WAY before I finish all three difficulties even on only MP3.

Nah, the XP bonus does not make up for the loss of speed, but the challenge becomes real and you have to work for it, and for a time it's really fun. Normal MP10 no AH is great, you should try it :)

Nah, the XP bonus does not make up for the loss of speed, but the challenge becomes real and you have to work for it, and for a time it's really fun. Normal MP10 no AH is great, you should try it :)

I want to blast through 1-60 / normal-hell extremely fast. lol

I'm not totally sure why, but I consider everything prior to inferno a chore. Which is why I haven't leveled anything other than my Monk. The introduction of MP levels and the helfire ring has shortened this up enough for me to say fuck it and roll another toon though.

larvi

I do something similar with the mortal enemy rune but with the hatred I go with spike trap with echoing blast. Does some *serious* damage and if both bosses are close, I'm able to deal out to both at the same time.

Also, if you can handle it, consider using Cull The Weak instead of perfectionist for the additional 15% DPS bonus when you do have a CM Sorc.

I use echoing blast for normal farming and love the damage but I've found impale does more damage to a single enemy since I don't usually have the luxury of a CM wiz to group the bosses together for me unfortunately.

I didn't realize that frozen enemies are considered slowed for the cull the weak bonus, I'm guessing stunned enemies would get the bonus also? I'll have to try that in place of perfectionist and see how it works.

eek5

Hellfire fireball one shots everything up to MP10 so after a certain point everything is the same speed but you're getting WAY more xp.

I use echoing blast for normal farming and love the damage but I've found impale does more damage to a single enemy since I don't usually have the luxury of a CM wiz to group the bosses together for me unfortunately.

I didn't realize that frozen enemies are considered slowed for the cull the weak bonus, I'm guessing stunned enemies would get the bonus also? I'll have to try that in place of perfectionist and see how it works.
Yeah Cull the Weak should work for slowed enemies as well so for instance if you were using Caltrops with Jagged Spikes it would deal the additional damage as they are slowed by the trap. It can be handy on higher MP levels when monsters will often get much closer to you so you lose the advantage of Steady Aim.

I normally run Perfectionist too, but when doing uber runs with Tal who freezes the heck out of the ubers, I'll swap to Cull and then just stand back so my Steady Aim damage is also there. With all that and Marked, it makes the battles on MP7 go really quick.

Vodh

I want to blast through 1-60 / normal-hell extremely fast. lol

I'm not totally sure why, but I consider everything prior to inferno a chore. Which is why I haven't leveled anything other than my Monk. The introduction of MP levels and the helfire ring has shortened this up enough for me to say fuck it and roll another toon though.

IDK, to be honest I consider the first two weeks of Diablo 3, filled with getting the first 2-3 toons to 60, the best gaming experience I've had in the past few years. Grinding inferno after the last patch is fun enough and the Inferno Diablo 3 is a good game, but man, those first weeks and the first playthrough... Those were the times.

And going through normal MP10 lets you relive a part of that experience. There's of course less novelty, but with the increased damage and HP, even after taking your increased understanding of the game into consideration, normal provides a breath of fresh air and a challenge, all while you're blasting through levels ignoring every path that you know is wrong.

I levelled all my toons to 60 within 3 weeks from launch so I have little motivation to go through this in softcore again. It's fun, but the knowledge that you could have spent all that time farming makes it less fun. I've started a Normal MP10 DH playthrough some time ago, got her to level 14 and never came back to her again. Yesterday I switched to my least-played class, the Monk, giving him all my DH equipment, and I'm blasting through MP1-3 farming and finally progressing through inferno after dropping him when he dinged to 60, goin "Why the hell didn't I decide to main him sooner?!"

larvi

Yeah Cull the Weak should work for slowed enemies as well so for instance if you were using Caltrops with Jagged Spikes it would deal the additional damage as they are slowed by the trap. It can be handy on higher MP levels when monsters will often get much closer to you so you lose the advantage of Steady Aim.

I normally run Perfectionist too, but when doing uber runs with Tal who freezes the heck out of the ubers, I'll swap to Cull and then just stand back so my Steady Aim damage is also there. With all that and Marked, it makes the battles on MP7 go really quick.

Do you know if there is more than 1 DH do both get the hatred bonus from marked for death - mortal enemy or is it just the DH who cast it?

Anustart

Is there a super low end for Vile Wards? I started playing again a couple weeks back and sold one for 1.5 million :/ Looked like junk to me, and to be honest, they still do.

eek5

Is there a super low end for Vile Wards? I started playing again a couple weeks back and sold one for 1.5 million :/ Looked like junk to me, and to be honest, they still do.

Yeah they bottom out if you roll shit stats. The STR ones are generally not very valuable unless you roll 200+ str or str+vit. The Dex ones are pretty low until you roll double res. Int ones were pretty cheap from what I saw when I got some for my WD

Do you know if there is more than 1 DH do both get the hatred bonus from marked for death - mortal enemy or is it just the DH who cast it?
That's actually an excellent question...that I have no clue to the answer on. I'm not even sure if the extra damage is stackable. I'm usually the only DH in the parties of people from here.

larvi

That's actually an excellent question...that I have no clue to the answer on. I'm not even sure if the extra damage is stackable. I'm usually the only DH in the parties of people from here.

I'm pretty sure the damage doesn't stack if more than one DH cast a marked for death. I've run with another DH that uses a Calamity which will randomly add mfd but the symbol for it is a different color than mine. His mfd wil overlay mine, or vice versa if I cast mine while his is up.

Edit - servers still down and look like they will be for a couple more hours. If I would have known there was going to be a long down time today I would have gotten up early this morning and put some AH bids in.

Rufus

Five legendaries last game, yay!

Gladiator Gauntlets, Fury of the Vanished Peak, Wizardspike, Azurewrath, Sledge of Athskeleng. Fucking troll game.

God damn. Blizzard extended the maintenance by 2 hours =I right on my day off.

Sigh, I won't be able to play at all after today because work will get really hectic for Thanksgiving =(

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Holy fuck his Amulet...

115 Str
111 Dex
9% Attack Speed
12% Life
95% Crit Damage
9.5% Crit Chance
Socket.

I'm actually selling these for a friend...got a crazy offer so far, but waiting to see what else comes in.

They go so good with my Jousting Mail lol.

duncraig.jpg

I dunno, but even then, if people can't log on for a while they might just let the game be and not play for a while, and not bid on the items :p

larvi

AH was up briefly, I lost out on a trifecta ring that was just ending as soon as I got on. Auctions defnitely end while it's down for maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom