• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Time to share war stories then. Remember this beauty?

Screenshot085.jpg

It sold for $2 on the RMAH!?

Some people'll buy anything.

Also had this drop for me the other day. Was pretty ecstatic.

IK%20TRiumph.JPG

Eight points from max str, max crit, max health, max reduced damage, and two points away from max armour. Too bad poison resist was the random affix, but I'll take it.

larvi

I put some of my low level exp gear on the rmah not expecting it to sell but wanting to get it out of my main inventory and stored in the AH until I need it again. One of the pieces I listed sold for $1.25, unfortunately I don't have an authenticator so I had paypal as my option so I only ended up with 21cents from that so I canceled all of my $1.25 auctions and relisted for close to $5 and another piece sold. I actually got $3.39 for that one credited to my paypal account.

Bottom line is there is a market now for twink gear.

On another topic has anyone had issues using the android mobile authenticator? I don't have a smart phone but I have an original droid 1 that I bought cheap to use as a portable dosbox machine. I was able to install the blizzard app on that and it appears to work ok but I'm a bit hesitant to tie it to my account. It's one more thing I'll probably forget or will break when I go on vacation and won't be able to play D3.

This amulet worth anything to a Monk perhaps?

The int isn't completely wasted since it would add some to all res?

3Gqzw.png

The Amulet slot is one of the most important "DPS" spots. Any gear without dps oriented stats will be flat out rejected by the market.

eek5

This amulet worth anything to a Monk perhaps?

The int isn't completely wasted since it would add some to all res?

3Gqzw.png

It's not bad for scoundrel. If you rolled vit AND life% you could probably get a 1-3mil or maybe more for it but as is, I'd be surprised if someone bought that. Missing out on ~500 hp or whatever the multiplier is for followers.

Took almost a full week but I finally managed to sell my Inna pants

Bought for 14m 2.5 weeks ago and struggled long and hard to sell it for 7m

The lesson is, don't try to flip anything that isn't BiS because prices are still plummeting

It wasn't even a flip, I just found some better ones

At least I'm not under 1m anymore

OMG that duncraig! Thats what I want for my Barb. Crit chance and its so tanky. Goes good with my Blackthorne Boots. Unfortunately they go for MILLIONS and that one will go for hundreds of millions!

I'm up for ubers as well

Got an SoJ for my Witch Doctor and along with my mojo I've got 34% elite damage and 24% Spirit Barrage damage

Also have an unidentified Ivory Tower. I have a good feeling about this one

Bidding starts at 1m

Cipherr

I have paid no attention to how to get myself a ring. I have a few keys, and I know theres a guy in Act 4 that drops a pattern or something. But do I need one key from each act? Or are all the first 3 act keys the same and I just need 3 of them?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

My vile ward sold for 120m+!! I got 105 for the total sale (after blizz tax) and now have 140m...

What to do, what to do, what to do =D

I have paid no attention to how to get myself a ring. I have a few keys, and I know theres a guy in Act 4 that drops a pattern or something. But do I need one key from each act? Or are all the first 3 act keys the same and I just need 3 of them?

a key from each act + the plan make you an Infernal Machine.

Every Machine opens a portal to an Uber (2 bosses at the same time) that can loot an organ (same drop rate as the keys)

If you have all three different organ (one for each uber) + the plan (buy 2m at girl in Act2 near portals and flags) you can craft a ring of your choice (main pool of 170-200 dex, int, str or vit, chance to cast a fire ball, + 35% xp, plus 4 random affixes)

Anustart

For ubers, can only 1 person open portals per game, or can multiple people help? Say we had 3 people, could we each make 1 portal to get em all?

Cipherr

Well hot damn! I was going to save up 9 machines, but now it looks like I'll roll with 7! That is if some guys don't mind carrying a wd through some mp5-6 ubers :/

Haha, yeah I think thats my plan now too. Slowly accumulate some machines, then ask if any Gaffers want to carry my ass through MP5-6 kills in exchange for being able to come along and grab some organs for rings for their alts.

What to upgrade, GAF?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I have 140m.

I'm seriously thinking of trying to save another 50m and buy a critical mempo of twilight. Andy's visage is a nice gear, but while a mempo won't give me significant DPS, it will give me extra resist, extra armor, and most importantly, extra HP.

I have about two or three gears which I haven't switched yet because I want to keep my HP at least at 38k+ (right now sitting at 42k)

If I do ever manage to get the mempo i'd like to buy (which usually sit at around 200M), I can change my shoulders to a vile ward at 250+ dex and get around 10k dps and a bucket load of armor.

I can also buy a new Echoing Fury and get 15k+ dps.

I dunno :/

windz

My barb is on act 2. I'm a little busy right now, but I could definitely use some GAF HC players so adding you.

Played with HenryHSH for a couple nights now on Hardcore...we managed to clear Act 2 & 3 and are on Act 4! Woop woop. Working on the first hell rift now after Rakanoth. Subjugators hurt.

1juPu.png

Still have this kicking around, had a couple offers, one for 50 mill and one for 55, but the person who offered 55 hasn't responded to my PM yet. Will give it a few days before contacting the 50 mill offer. I don't know how quick people on D2jsp usually respond (never used it till now) or if they bother if they change their mind. Who knows.

Rufus

isMkliSxQdGOd.jpg

Aw yeah.
The random roll isn't so hot and the damage is so-so (?), but max crit, and almost max arcane makes me optimistic.

Rufus

I'm looking at them right now... Hm.

Man... :c

Seems like they have to be near perfect to be worth anything. Bummer.

Haha, yeah I think thats my plan now too. Slowly accumulate some machines, then ask if any Gaffers want to carry my ass through MP5-6 kills in exchange for being able to come along and grab some organs for rings for their alts.

If you guys need help when I get home I'll link my account so you can add me to friends. Demon hunter at 213k DPS without SS. Hardest part for me is finding someone to distract them while I slaughter them.

I'm looking at them right now... Hm.

Man... :c

Seems like they have to be near perfect to be worth anything. Bummer.

Only Triumvirates that are worth something need AP on crit and an ok average damage

At this point, I think I know all the cash money random rolls after finding so many NQR legendaries

At least they're dropping though, AMIRITE?

I'll take a stab at this.

Your shoulders can easily get another 70 dex cheap.

Your weapons are probably the biggest thing holding your DPS back. You need in general to have at least 260% crit damage across them. You only have 150%. Keep in mind, Dex and Crit damage will close the gap over omgbignumberDPS. Often times people overlook the fact that a good 850+ DPS weapon with great stats will benefit them overall more than something like your Echoing Fury.

You could also probably get Strongarm bracers with 250 Dex for pretty cheap.

Your Andariel's Visage is a weak spot too - get the same one but with All Res, cheap upgrade. (Maybe not cheap, I personally never get a socket in my helmet, overrated in my opinion for the price.)

Mempo shouldn't even be on your radar at this point, you barely get any benefit ... especially if you buy an Andariel's with AR.

Strongarm > Shoulders > Andariel (if it's cheap enough, maybe physical res like the rest of your gear?) > WEAPONS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mempo when you have two billion and everything else is perfect.

Edit: Please remember you can shift click items into your chat window as if you're going to talk to them, send a no message, get an error but then be able to go into game and click the item for a comparision before investing. Remember to take gems out of weapons when doing this.

Shadow780

Edit: Please remember you can shift click items into your chat window as if you're going to talk to them, send a no message, get an error but then be able to go into game and click the item for a comparision before investing. Remember to take gems out of weapons when doing this.

mindblown

Celegus

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

My vile ward sold for 120m+!! I got 105 for the total sale (after blizz tax) and now have 140m...

What to do, what to do, what to do =D

This game seriously knows when people start saying they're thinking about quitting because it's getting boring, no good drops, etc; and then boom, jackpot! This is like the 5th time that's happened on GAF.

Add me as another advocate of MP0 farming

Found ghetto Inna belt and hat on AH for 1.6m total and switched to this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/5656861

Blowing through the full bulb of spirit takes a pretty long time. The reason I got the Inna set bonus was for the practically free Sweeping Winds which I realized contributes a surprising amount to damage output after running without it. Found 3 legendaries within an hour worth of runs. All terrible but still.

Not sure why it's showing my Andariel and regular belt...

I'm pretty broke right now, but I wanna get some spirit regen on my weapons so I can run with Overawe instead of Circular Breathing. I might be able to move up to MP1 with that and maintain my same clear time of about 9 minutes

Route is

Core -> Tower of the Damned 1st floor -> Arreat Crater 2 -> Keeps 2 through 3 -> Keeps 1 back to town

Anustart

If you guys need help when I get home I'll link my account so you can add me to friends. Demon hunter at 213k DPS without SS. Hardest part for me is finding someone to distract them while I slaughter them.

Id make a great distractor :)

I still have some keys to collect though, and my girlfriend may be taking the laptop to work tonight :( 3rd time this week!

turnbuckle

What to upgrade, GAF?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I have 140m.

I'm seriously thinking of trying to save another 50m and buy a critical mempo of twilight. Andy's visage is a nice gear, but while a mempo won't give me significant DPS, it will give me extra resist, extra armor, and most importantly, extra HP.

I have about two or three gears which I haven't switched yet because I want to keep my HP at least at 38k+ (right now sitting at 42k)

If I do ever manage to get the mempo i'd like to buy (which usually sit at around 200M), I can change my shoulders to a vile ward at 250+ dex and get around 10k dps and a bucket load of armor.

I can also buy a new Echoing Fury and get 15k+ dps.

I dunno :/

It's getting late enough in the game for me to rule out making any huge purchases like that. I'm really expecting them to announce some new legendaries with a patch (like they did in 1.0.4) as a way to boost the market and player participation. The amazing Andariel's I got from my roommate (5% more fire damage taken, socket, 160 str, 9 ias, 4.5 crit, 210 regen) has held me back from buying a godly mempo, but I completely understand the desire. I would shit my pants if one dropped for me that had a strength and crit roll.

balddemon

Banned
i see all these drops you guys get and it makes me want to play the game. however i can't make myself do more than one run at a time lol.

fenderputty#1180

There's a bunch of GAFFERS still playing. We've updated our friends list multiple times. Now there's usually 5-10 people on at anytime for me. None of us are concerned about being slowed down either. If it wasn't for the social aspects, I probably would have quit by now.

turnbuckle

I think they need to further drop the bonus health mobs receive in multiplayer. Especially after monster power, getting a group together to do anything but uber/key farming can feel like a chore. You lose the dps bonus from your follower and enemies get 65 or 70% more health per player. On Monster Power 5 with 4 players it feels like enemies have more life than doing mp10 solo. I wish they'd increase the stack limit of NV by 1 per additional player in the party

Either that or they need to increase the bonus of doing monster power. The fastest way to get decent ilvl63 quality drops and experience is to run MP1. Fastest way to just grind gold and exp is to do mp0. Unless you're playing strictly for challenge or keys or organs, the higher mp levels past 3 or 4 just don't give the return one should expect.

Also, enemies should have their base exp increased on higher monster power rather than the players receiving an exp bonus stat. This would make the effects of nephalem, gems, leoric's signets, cain's set, and hellfire rings scale better with monster power. Right now it's better to play mp0 wearing cain's set (30% bonus exp) than to wear proper gear on mp3 (30% bonus exp). I'd say enemies should give have something like a base exp of 20% per monster power level. MP0 or 1 may still end up being the most efficient, but the gap would be closer and compensated for by the other bonuses to mf/gf given.

fenderputty#1180

There's a bunch of GAFFERS still playing. We've updated our friends list multiple times. Now there's usually 5-10 people on at anytime for me. None of us are concerned about being slowed down either. If it wasn't for the social aspects, I probably would have quit by now.

Yeah, I'm not concerned about being slowed down by playing with another person generally unless it's one of those things where a person is picking up blues and returning to town ever 5-10 minutes to sell em. Playing with other people is generally more fun, but I think Blizzard could do a better job of making it more rewarding too. Now doing Key Runs and Ubers in multiplayer is a fantastic step. I won't do ubers solo - ever. So much more fun, chaotic, and satisfying doing them with a party of 4. And being able to do several ubers for the price of a couple organs with everyone contributing is wonderful.

I think they need to further drop the bonus health mobs receive in multiplayer. Especially after monster power, getting a group together to do anything but uber/key farming can feel like a chore. You lose the dps bonus from your follower and enemies get 65 or 70% more health per player. On Monster Power 5 with 4 players it feels like enemies have more life than doing mp10 solo. I wish they'd increase the stack limit of NV by 1 per additional player in the party

Either that or they need to increase the bonus of doing monster power. The fastest way to get decent ilvl63 quality drops and experience is to run MP1. Fastest way to just grind gold and exp is to do mp0. Unless you're playing strictly for challenge or keys or organs, the higher mp levels past 3 or 4 just don't give the return one should expect.

Also, enemies should have their base exp increased on higher monster power rather than the players receiving an exp bonus stat. This would make the effects of nephalem, gems, leoric's signets, cain's set, and hellfire rings scale better with monster power. Right now it's better to play mp0 wearing cain's set (30% bonus exp) than to wear proper gear on mp3 (30% bonus exp). I'd say enemies should give have something like a base exp of 20% per monster power level. MP0 or 1 may still end up being the most efficient, but the gap would be closer and compensated for by the other bonuses to mf/gf given.

I completely disagree. If you want fast farming in a group. Drop the MP level. It's always been more efficient to farm fast than to farm ahead of the curve for higher chance at better drops but at a slower pace. Same for experience.

If you want to run a group for keys / ubers, go higher MP.

If you want a challenge, go higher MP.

75% bonus enemy HP added per additonal person the in the party is perfect. It effectively makes grouping easier as long as everyone is within 25% DPS of each other. The loss of a follower isn't that big either. Huge change from when we were punished for grouping. I don't see why adding MP levels would change this.

That was the whole point of adding MP levels anyway. Give players a choice on how they want to play. Fast and efficient or slow and challenging.

I completely disagree. If you want fast farming in a group. Drop the MP level. It's always been more efficient to farm fast than to farm ahead of the curve for higher chance at better drops but at a slower pace. Same for experience.

75% bonus enemy HP added per additonal person the in the party is perfect. It effectively makes grouping easier as long as everyone is within 25% DPS of each other. The loss of a follower isn't that big either. Huge change from when we were punished for grouping. I don't see why adding MP levels would change this.

That was the whole point of adding MP levels anyway. Give players a choice on how they want to play. Fast and efficient or slow and challenging.

Yep you hit it perfectly.

I preordered from amazon...guess i wont get my wings until march :(

Yeah the only way to get it now is with the Digital CE.

also feel free to add me guys. EscapingJail#1496

Dahbomb

By the way the multiplayer HP increase is 70% now. It was 75% in 1.04 and they dropped it to 70% in 1.05.

Either way this is completely fair IMO.

turnbuckle

Of course, the lower the MP the faster it is to farm. But I can run MP1 faster solo than any group I've done in MP0*.

* - unless I'm running with an archon/teleport wizard. I can't keep up with them :p

Yes, I said as much and agree completely. Not sure why you say you "disagree completely" if I basically said word-for-word the same thing.

75% bonus enemy HP added per additional person the in the party is perfect. It effectively makes grouping easier as long as everyone is within 25% DPS of each other. The loss of a follower isn't that big either. Huge change from when we were punished for grouping. I don't see why adding MP levels would change this.

I believe it's 70%, but previously we were talking 70% on a couple hundred thousand to a couple million health. It made it more easy to let people hop on in your game even if they were doing 50% (or less) of the DPS you're doing. Now the general channel and LFG channel is filled with people saying "lfg 150k dps or higher only" etc. etc. With so much of the challenge in monster power being about monster health rather than their damage, more players are wanting to join groups at higher mp because they can survive, not so much because they can contribute. It sucks feeling a bit frustrated when you get in a party that wants to do mp4-5 and there's one or two players that are doing 60-80% less damage than yourself and making the whole thing feel like a chore than it should. If the "gear check" from monster power and co-op was aligned more with challenge rather than monster health I think things would flow more smoothly.

And the loss of a follower being a "big thing" or not (like everything else we're discussing) is a matter of opinion. Putting a signet and hellfire ring on a follower gives you more bonus exp than going from mp0-1 (or 1-2; 2-3). The dps boost I get from the scoundrel or enchantress is about 10%. So monsters getting 70% more health per player, while each player is potentially losing 7-13% bonus follower exp, and losing up to 24-28 bonus MF from a follower makes co-op oftentimes less efficient than solo. Not less fun, but certainly less efficient unless you're playing in a group that's geared better / plays faster than you're capable of solo.

But I think it's a flaw when slow and challenging is not just a little bit less efficient or half as efficient, but severely less efficient. The bonus provided by monster power is a clear indication that there's an intention of rewarding people for the challenge, but the reward is so insignificant that the only time most people would play at that level is for keys and organs.

Anyways, I love playing co-op. I've done a lot more co-op than solo lately because it's just more fun. But I don't think it's a stretch to say playing solo is more often than not the most efficient route once you reach a certain level of gear and playstyle built for killing as many things as fast as possible. I just hope Blizzard makes co-op and higher monster power a bit more rewarding and challenging than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom