• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

Please tell me I'm not the only one who just searched through a few pages of weapons looking for stray gems... :D grats!

My roommate and I made a few million a couple months ago by searching for socketed items with gems that were worth substantially more than the sale price :p

Cipherr

Are you guys on EU? If you've got the DPS I can keep Ghom/Rakanoth, Zultan/Siege pretty much perma stunned with my wizard. Me and my barb friend had a nice run at mp7 the other day and with more dps we could crank it up to 9 or 10 probably. If anyone is up for that on the EU side some time I'll post my account later.

Im on US :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I've had this sitting there for like 2 weeks.

YCOPn.jpg

I can't send it to my stash. Every time I try, the button greys out and nothing else happens. wtf game?

Anustart

So I've had this sitting there for like 2 weeks.

YCOPn.jpg

I can't send it to my stash. Every time I try, the button greys out and nothing else happens. wtf game?

Lol. Must be a long term investment with no early cash out.

Also, just got done with an act 3 run with 3 other gaffers, and made out like a bandit!

Found 4 legendarys, my first a3 key (also first machine) and this.....thing?

zkBP0.png

What say you GAF, hot or not?

neoism

Also, just got done with an act 3 run with 3 other gaffers, and made out like a bandit!

zkBP0.png

30m at the lowest

good games didn't know that was you lol

zkBP0.png

Damn, those are some stats

It's really nice, but I'm not sure what kind of visibility it'd get with such low crit chance and no second modifier to speak of.

No one ever looks for just one

Damn, those are some stats

It's really nice, but I'm not sure what kind of visibility it'd get with such low crit chance and no second modifier to speak of.

No one ever looks for just one

That will be an issue. Pople search for two mostly and those that do will miss out on that. I'm wondering if trade chat would be more succesful.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So if you were a CM/WW wizard with 30 AP on crit, around 40 crit% and a measly 24DPS with +632 LOH, how would you go about switching to an archon build? Should I gather all the DPS parts first and then switch, or can I do it progressively?

You need to bump the DPS up.

I have a good Skorn (1250dps, 293INT, 1493LOH, 186CD) I could sell you. LS Skorns are crazy priced right now so I think this is a steal if you're interested.

Pop a 100% crit gem in that thing and I think your DPS would boost quite nicely.

Let me know.

I would imagine it would be hard to perma stun with a skorn on a wizard, no?

It wouldn't work since you wouldn't be able to get enough AP on crit and even with attack speed increase on every slot, it'd still be too slow

Speaking of Wizard stuff, I found this yesterday and started thinking about gearing my Wiz a little bit further (I'm going to be perpetually broke because I constantly want to gear 4 characters)

This is him atm. Some of my int gear is on my WD so ignore how bare some slots are

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/13614570

To hit 2.7 or whatever I'm going to need 3 additional attack speed legendaries if I can get a 1.78 attack speed Chant wand or 5 pieces
;_;
if I want to keep the Slorak

What's the cheapest way to go about this?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Get an Int Skorn - one with Life Steal if you can afford it. (Magic Weapon / Force Weapon if you get LS, Blood Magic if you don't).

Get some Prowlers or Inna's Pants so that you can get 24% move.

Run A3 MP0 and watch everything melt. Increase until white trash takes more than a half second to kill.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Anustart

That will be an issue. Pople search for two mostly and those that do will miss out on that. I'm wondering if trade chat would be more succesful.

Got an offer of 800k in trade chat :) Don't think I'll bite on that offer though! This amulet may take a while to sell, but I think I'll be well rewarded if I just wait for the right buyer and keep relisting it on the AH.

Found a pair of Inna's pants today also that I sold and allowed me to buy a chest piece for my WD that boosted my dps by 5k, armor by 300 and extra 1000 hp. Think the next item I upgrade will be my belt. Come on ammy sell! Daddy needs a new belt.

FaidSint

Anyone down for some Ubers or some loot runs tonight?

I have no class tomorrow so break starts today and I'm going to take advantage by gaming all night. :D

FaidSint#1586 for those who don't have me on your FL

Keikaku

Thanks to Suffah and Dark for inviting me to their 3 Infernal Machine runs. I got a great ring from it and it was on my first try too!

D4cJl.jpg

MrDaravon

Fuck, I had no idea about using Scoundrel + Buriza-Do Kyanon, this shit is hilarious even with a low freeze % Buriza and 3 pieces of 9% IAS gear. At this point with my DH I'm facerolling MP1 on whatever run I'm doing, so I'm finally switching off the Templar (he was kinda useful for general tanking/aggro and he was super decked out in MF/GF gear). Should I go Hysteria or Anatomy? My base crit chance is already 51%, so I'm thinking Hysteria?

Cipherr

Fuck, I had no idea about using Scoundrel + Buriza-Do Kyanon, this shit is hilarious even with a low freeze % Buriza and 3 pieces of 9% IAS gear. At this point with my DH I'm facerolling MP1 on whatever run I'm doing, so I'm finally switching off the Templar (he was kinda useful for general tanking/aggro and he was super decked out in MF/GF gear). Should I go Hysteria or Anatomy? My base crit chance is already 51%, so I'm thinking Hysteria?

Does that freeze bow actually work on champ packs? Dont they have Diminishing returns on it?

MrDaravon

Does that freeze bow actually work on champ packs? Dont they have Diminishing returns on it?

It seems to, but just doing MP1 runs I kill stuff fast enough where diminishing returns don't seem to come into play. Honestly just between that, Multi-Shot and Crippling-Shot the odds are pretty good on any given shot he is going to freeze or slow down something, and especially on Elites even buying me one extra second before they close in to keep my Steady Aim active is all the difference I need. I just did two quick runs with it, but this is completely hilarious.

M.D

Can't make up how much this is worth.
The ones that are selling for millions are the ones with 1100+ DPS, but mine is somewhere in the middle, but with good STR, VIT and LOH

m4kbf.jpg

turnbuckle

Can't make up how much this is worth.
The ones that are selling for millions are the ones with 1100+ DPS, but mine is somewhere in the middle, but with good STR, VIT and LOH

m4kbf.jpg

Yeah, that won't fetch ya very much unfortunately. 660-960 Life on Hit is standard as is 170-200 Strength. It rolled about average DPS and LoH, has a low roll on strength, and the single random property that weapon gets rolled vitality. If it rolled a socket or crit or life steal (could only roll one) it'd be worth something. I have one of each in my stash that dropped awhile ago and I only hold onto them because I think they're cool and maybe viable for mighty weapon's bonus fury on hit for farming MP0-MP1 fwhere generating fury is in issue (since enemies die so quickly it's hard to consistently build up fury).

neoism

damn having a shitty uber run is just terrible got a fucking 59 yellow ...on MP5

-__________-
not to mention my 6th shitty leg in 3 weeks... this fucking game HATES me...

Anustart

damn having a shitty uber run is just terrible got a fucking 59 yellow ...on MP5

-__________-
not to mention my 6th shitty leg in 3 weeks... this fucking game HATES me...

I've got 2 machines, soon to be 5 for tonight if you wanna get a couple machines together as well

M.D

It will prob go for under 500k...no crit damage or no socket.

Yeah, that won't fetch ya very much unfortunately. 660-960 Life on Hit is standard as is 170-200 Strength. It rolled about average DPS and LoH, has a low roll on strength, and the single random property that weapon gets rolled vitality. If it rolled a socket or crit or life steal (could only roll one) it'd be worth something. I have one of each in my stash that dropped awhile ago and I only hold onto them because I think they're cool and maybe viable for mighty weapon's bonus fury on hit for farming MP0-MP1 fwhere generating fury is in issue (since enemies die so quickly it's hard to consistently build up fury).

Hmm, I'll try to sell it or give it to someone...

Anyway, if you guys are doing uber runs (EU), add me Moti#2377 (Barb, MP4-5)

larvi

Been playing around with a tanky grenades build on my DH and so far liking the results. I swapped out my high dps yellow bow for a lower DPS manticore that has almost 300 vit and swapped out my bracers/gloves for lower dex but higher crit and allres. The end result was I lost about 40K dps on paper but can farm higher mp levels much better now. Just did a couple of mp7 key runs with minimal deaths and could tank Ghom without having to move.

Here's a link to the build I'm using:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UQdgkl!fXe!ZabYcb

Even though I don't have legacy nats or any additional discipline I can keep gloom up most of the time becuase of the grenade crits fueling discipline via the nightstalker passive. The 4th skill I'm still not 100% sure of the best, the boar is nice for the res and regen boost but RoV gives me a way to deal with some of the ranged elites that stay out of grenade range and can make my life miserable. Also the knockback from the stampede rune can give me some initial space to setup my turret and get get gloom up in tight situations. RoV is also nice because it deals a good amount of damage and doesn't use up any of your valuable hatred or discipline pool.

mlaz14

I've got 3 machines ready to go. US server. I'm also looking for advice on upgrades.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jkanownik-1671/hero/4389090

I'm really enjoying playing right now, but with all of the other games out right now and work/school it is tough to keep up with everything in D3.

I could run ubers if you need someone. dtfftb#1633. DH btw.

Been playing around with a tanky grenades build on my DH and so far liking the results. I swapped out my high dps yellow bow for a lower DPS manticore that has almost 300 vit and swapped out my bracers/gloves for lower dex but higher crit and allres. The end result was I lost about 40K dps on paper but can farm higher mp levels much better now. Just did a couple of mp7 key runs with minimal deaths and could tank Ghom without having to move.

Here's a link to the build I'm using:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UQdgkl!fXe!ZabYcb

Even though I don't have legacy nats or any additional discipline I can keep gloom up most of the time becuase of the grenade crits fueling discipline via the nightstalker passive. The 4th skill I'm still not 100% sure of the best, the boar is nice for the res and regen boost but RoV gives me a way to deal with some of the ranged elites that stay out of grenade range and can make my life miserable. Also the knockback from the stampede rune can give me some initial space to setup my turret and get get gloom up in tight situations. RoV is also nice because it deals a good amount of damage and doesn't use up any of your valuable hatred or discipline pool.

Yeah I've played around with this build a little bit the past few days but used bola instead of grenades and numbing traps instead of archery and could tank MP10 pretty well. Also had prep just to be safe since I don't have legacy.

larvi

I could run ubers if you need someone. dtfftb#1633. DH btw.

Yeah I've played around with this build a little bit the past few days but used bola instead of grenades and numbing traps instead of archery and could tank MP10 pretty well. Also had prep just to be safe since I don't have legacy.

What rune are you using on bola? I wouldn't think it would generate as many crits as the cluster grenades.

Definity

I've been out of town for a few days and have not done uber runs in awhile. I've got 5 or 6 machines ready to go. Should be on later tonight. If you see me send a msg and we can get a group going. I need to make an INT ring for my alt WD that i've been leveling.

Anustart

I've been out of town for a few days and have not done uber runs in awhile. I've got 5 or 6 machines ready to go. Should be on later tonight. If you see me send a msg and we can get a group going. I need to make an INT ring for my alt WD that i've been leveling.

Take me along!

When u get you ring let me know. Raticus power leveled me to 60 / inferno already. I need to pay it forward and do the same.

EDIT: Which reminds me ... what are some builds for WD?

M.D

Man, WW is so much better with higher movement speed.
I have to get some lacunis for the higher movement speed

Anustart

Maybe a silly question, but is there a max to +Movement speed? Reason I ask is I think I saw somewhere here mention it was a waste if you had more than +24%.

MrDaravon

Maybe a silly question, but is there a max to +Movement speed? Reason I ask is I think I saw somewhere here mention it was a waste if you had more than +24%.

I think it's 25% from equipment. You can go higher with certain passives and the Fleeting shrine though.

larvi

Imminent doom or thunderball. According to this chart posted on the official forums they have the same proc rate and bola works well for me. Might try grenades later.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgL5S3Revw9ddEhScEpSLWhnRDZKV25OaWZJcHdkN0E#gid=1

Thanks. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that with grenades you 3x the proc since you throw out 3 of them, unless that chart takes that into account. The other issue I have with bola is you actually have to hit something for it to explode so I have to be more precise in my targeting, grenades can just be tossed on the ground and they will still explode. Bola does have the range advantage though.

windz

What kind of damage (minimum) would you say one should have to do uber runs on say, MP5-MP8 or so? What MP do most people do those runs on? Just wondering cause I might try to make up some machines this weekend and am completely clueless as to what's "required".

Anustart

Anyone willing to carry me through a set of say mp 6-8 Ubers if I supply machines? I've never done them before :( If someones able to carry mp 10 that would be ideal! I'm a WD with 110k dps after buffs, 60k pre-buf.

US servers btw.

mlaz14

Thanks. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that with grenades you 3x the proc since you throw out 3 of them, unless that chart takes that into account. The other issue I have with bola is you actually have to hit something for it to explode so I have to be more precise in my targeting, grenades can just be tossed on the ground and they will still explode. Bola does have the range advantage though.

Yeah I don't know about the grenades having 3x the proc but playing this spec I just walk right into mobs or let myself get surrounded so there is basically no aiming just shoot and you'll hit something but I think either can work. Then just vault out to reposition if molten or desecrater gets to be too much to handle.

KMD I can help if you want.

larvi

Yeah I don't know about the grenades having 3x the proc but playing this spec I just walk right into mobs or let myself get surrounded so there is basically no aiming just shoot and you'll hit something but I think either can work. Then just vault out to reposition if molten or desecrater gets to be too much to handle.

KMD I can help if you want.

Yeah, I do similar with the grenades, I'll have to give bola a try as well and see how it works. What build do you use for ubers?

What kind of damage (minimum) would you say one should have to do uber runs on say, MP5-MP8 or so? What MP do most people do those runs on? Just wondering cause I might try to make up some machines this weekend and am completely clueless as to what's "required".

Damage just makes the fights faster. I've done MP7 with people in my group ranging from 50K-120K +.

It usually helps to have at least one barb for battlecry. A monk helps with MoC. A wizzard helps if they can perma freeze. DH / WD do damage.

It really helps to have someone who can tank or freeze in the Siegbreaker / Kuhle fight. That boss fight is a total pain and if someone cran draw siegeberaker away from Kulhle and tank on their own while the rest focus on Kuhle the fight is much more manageable. That or a wiz who can freeze them both. Kuhle little bubble that slows movement / attack speed down REALLY hurts LOH / LS / Resource generation.

mlaz14

Yeah, I do similar with the grenades, I'll have to give bola a try as well and see how it works. What build do you use for ubers?

Never had to tank ubers so the build I've run is Bola- ID, Echoing Blast, Marked for Death- Grim Reaper, Smokescreen, Prep, Gloom. I only use SS for ubers since its so useful for Kulle's bubbles and rezing people. Passives TA, Perfectionist, Archery/SA.

larvi

You do need to have enough collective damage to take the ubers out in 8min before the enrage timer hits, I don't think there's a chance of surviving more then a few seconds after that.

As fender stated, having someone pull seige away and keep him busy while the others take down zoltan kuhle first really helps in that fight. In addition to the bubbles, glass canon types need to watch out for the fireballs and rock attacks that zk dishes out as well as those can 1 or 2 shot pretty easily.

For the Ghom/Rakanoth fight, usually you try to take out Ghom first to keep him from stinking up the entire playfield. Sometimes you may need someone to keep Rakanoth busy to keep hom from attacking the other party members as he can 1 or 2 shot as well.

For the Leoric/Magdha fight, you want to concentrate on taking down Leoric first. Again, it sometimes helps to have someone keep Magdha busy on the other side of the field as she spits out bugs and lasers that you can spend more time avoiding than attacking.

I started out the first time by soloing the encounters on mp1 to get the feel for the battle, not necessary and was probably a waste of machines. Then when I started my first group runs I geared more defensively as not dying goes a long way to helping out the others carrying you. And even if you don't have a bunch of damage you can help out by raising others that die. As I got more familiar with what to look for I've started gearing more offensively, just trying to have enough defenses to not get 1 shotted, but on higher mp levels that takes more and more defenses. As a WD your pets also can help by keeping stuff occupied.

Never had to tank ubers so the build I've run is Bola- ID, Echoing Blast, Marked for Death- Grim Reaper, Smokescreen, Prep, Gloom. I only use SS for ubers since its so useful for Kulle's bubbles and rezing people. Passives TA, Perfectionist, Archery/SA.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of using SS, but that makes sense, may have to give that a try as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom