• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I do agree that MP levels are more of an e-peen thing and if it weren't for Keys/Ubers there would be very little reason to run them. The rewards just aren't high enough.

Anustart

What's looked for in a Scoundrel token? Found this one, and looks like theres only one other like it on the AH without searching for phys resist.

zM25a.png

windz

Feel free to add me, I try to get on a few nights a week for farming in SC or progress in HC.

Windz#1764, Windylisk#1593

I much prefer to farm/progress in a group vs solo - the game is just far more fun that way.

anyone feel free to add me Juices#1991. sun-thurs i only play like 1130pm est + cause work but weekends i play a bunch earlier. Also its fine cause atm I can only do MP1/2 with new barb so you wont be slowing me down. actually i prefer the low levels cause I get exp mad quick.

Feel free to add me as well. Naturalhigh #1102.

My monk is capable of mp3/4 and my WD is a brand new 60 but I am fine in MP2.

I'd like to do some key runs and possibly ubers soon. No idea what MP I should try though.

I do agree that MP levels are more of an e-peen thing and if it weren't for Keys/Ubers there would be very little reason to run them. The rewards just aren't high enough.

Essentially this. It's nice they give us any reward for higher mp, but to me mp serves as more of a gauge for ones character. An e peen meter. "I can handle mp7 ubers solo!!!"

I do up the mp when I get bored though. I run mp6-7 solo as much as I run mp2-3. Has nothing to do with effiency when I hit up higher MP levels.

And turnbuckle, I shouldn't have said completely :)

Keikaku

I found 2 Inna's Radiance pieces but both are junk. If I can get 100K between both of them, I'll be happy.

That said, a barely mediocre Calamity that I had sold for about 2.5m which is way more than it should have.

larvi

What's looked for in a Scoundrel token? Found this one, and looks like theres only one other like it on the AH without searching for phys resist.

I sold a enchantress token with 200+ int and vit and 100% crit damge for over 5M. I would assume scoundrel would be same but with dex instead of int.

Try finding some that have high bids on them and see what stats they have.

Talaysen

I do agree that MP rewards should go up, but I think the 70% bonus per player is just fine. I would actually go as far to say that they should've made the MF/GF gains innate to the enemies rather than the player. Like at MP10 enemies have twice the chance to drop legendaries/rares/etc., which is then multiplied by the player's MF as normal.

The weird thing is that as you go up in gear, you can gravitate towards higher MP, but as you go up in paragon level, you want to go towards LOWER MP, because the +25% MF means less as your innate MF is higher.

Gonna throw my tag out there too: Talaysen#1383 . Anyone is free to add.

larvi

On issue I have with more players is that I can manage reflectors fine with the ls and loh I have when I solo mp1, but the more people that join the more I die due to the increased monster HP. So I basically have to remove one of my farming skills and replace it with shadow power/gloom to be able to stay alive which slows down my overall speed.

I got 8.9% LS and 1100 LoH and 360somethin Regen.

Dunno why they just dont let regen be normal in Inferno they nerf it to like a third? Makes regen a useless stat noone will search for...

eek5

I got 8.9% LS and 1100 LoH and 360somethin Regen.

Dunno why they just dont let regen be normal in Inferno they nerf it to like a third? Makes regen a useless stat noone will search for...

It's not nerfed. It's 1/2 and it happens every half second.

eek5

thanks, makes sense i guess? you know why its like that?

I think most of the healing comes in half ticks instead of full second ticks. I have no idea why it's like that but it's probably better for you in extreme conditions since you'll be healing more frequently and you can't die in those full second gaps.

Talaysen

The healing numbers show up every half second, but the regen happens more often than that from what I can tell. Would be pretty annoying if regen just had a bunch of green numbers every tenth of a second or faster, so they just accumulate it to half seconds. Life steal and life on hit work the same way.

Its confusing, I'd rather it only show once (less #'s the better) at the full amount so it doesn't seem like its cut from what it should be. Even if it heals in halves/quarters. I thought it was nerfed or something before.

MrDaravon

Spent most of my money (about 60 mil) and upgraded both of my rings, and I have Perfect Star Emeralds in all 7 of my gem slots right now (I already had the plans and the good majority of the gems needed, so I was able to just make them for cheaper than the AH). Up to 185k w/out Steady Aim active, and something like 221k with Steady Aim active (which it is most of the time). Still aiming to hit 200k w/out Steady Aim, but I've definitely hit a wall with upgrades. Getting a 2-3k unbuffed damage boost on any of my gear is going to run at least 30-50 million, and anything actually worthwhile is like 75 mil+. I need to score another good Legendary or two, after I sold that amulet and a good Butcher Sickle for about 50 mil each I haven't had anything sell at all in the last couple of weeks except an item at 1-2 million here or there, if I'm lucky.

Opiate

So I presume WW/Run like the wind barb is still the farming build of choice? Just getting back up to speed -- had a 60 barb in inferno, have now completed inferno, preparing to begin farm status.

Dream-Visions said:
So how's the game aging? I haven't played in ages.

The apparent consensus among the remaining seems to be "very well," and after just rejoining myself, I believe I agree. Significant changes have been made. Look up the MP system, there is now an Uber run, and also the paragon system (if you were gone before that).

So I presume WW/Run like the wind barb is still the farming build of choice? Just getting back up to speed -- had a 60 barb in inferno, have now completed inferno, preparing to begin farm status.

If you want to gear a character for fast farming, WW barbarian is probably your best bet

There are of course other options for fast farming, however they don't scale as well to higher MP levels

Just to throw it out there

Monks: Tempest rush build. Requires about 6 spirit regen from what I've found. With a bit of passive and mantra juggling you can do this fine with 2 regen from gear
Wizards: Archon build. Requires over 100k unbuffed dps to make it worthwhile
Witch Doctor: Horrify - Stalker, Spirit Walk - Jaunt. This can be quite fast but to get the most out of it you need 24 MS base along with a Thing of the Deep (really cheap). Idea is to rush between mobs, throw bears at them until Grave Injustice refreshes cooldowns, then keep moving. Works exclusively in Act 3 because it requires high mob density
Demon Hunter: With Legacy Natalya set you can vault with Tactical Advantage to get around really quick, without it requires moderate attack speed Nightstalker to refresh discipline (or multishot). Then nuke packs as usual. This is pretty much the status quo for DH, nothing special

All require relatively low MP to be most efficient. Barbs have the suffer unfortunate fate (when well geared) of not being able to sustain themselves very well when enemies have low health. This leads to them being most efficient around MP4 or 5. To get to that point requires a fair bit of investment, but as of this point no other class can really do that. By which I mean at the same pace

The apparent consensus among the remaining seems to be "very well," and after just rejoining myself, I believe I agree. Significant changes have been made. Look up the MP system, there is now an Uber run, and also the paragon system (if you were gone before that).

word. I'll have to come back.

Wolfie5

Edit: Please remember you can shift click items into your chat window as if you're going to talk to them, send a no message, get an error but then be able to go into game and click the item for a comparision before investing. Remember to take gems out of weapons when doing this.

Thank you so much for this tip. I had no idea. The AH should have this as default directly, but this will do :)

Cipherr

Edit: Please remember you can shift click items into your chat window as if you're going to talk to them, send a no message, get an error but then be able to go into game and click the item for a comparision before investing. Remember to take gems out of weapons when doing this.

Thank you so much for this tip. I had no idea. The AH should have this as default directly, but this will do :)

It always brings up a chat channel for me, and it seems you cannot clear the window. It just forces me to choose a channel or person to send too, fucking annoying.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So if you were a CM/WW wizard with 30 AP on crit, around 40 crit% and a measly 24DPS with +632 LOH, how would you go about switching to an archon build? Should I gather all the DPS parts first and then switch, or can I do it progressively?

M.D

I can't remember the last time I found an upgrade :p I was just thinking about buying some similar amulet

I wonder if this could be worth something?

PXtrk.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I can't remember the last time I found an upgrade :p I was just thinking about buying some similar amulet

PXtrk.jpg

Lightning monks all over NeoGAF just wet their pants.
Hell, it's got no int and I'm a wizard, and I still want it. With IAS this would be worth hundreds of millions.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Without IAS the amulet is still probably an eight digit amount. Dex is triple digits and AR is high. It's pretty decent.
So if you were a CM/WW wizard with 30 AP on crit, around 40 crit% and a measly 24DPS with +632 LOH, how would you go about switching to an archon build? Should I gather all the DPS parts first and then switch, or can I do it progressively?
Get an Int Skorn - one with Life Steal if you can afford it. (Magic Weapon / Force Weapon if you get LS, Blood Magic if you don't).

Get some Prowlers or Inna's Pants so that you can get 24% move.

Run A3 MP0 and watch everything melt. Increase until white trash takes more than a half second to kill.

Nocebo

Well hot damn! I was going to save up 9 machines, but now it looks like I'll roll with 7! That is if some guys don't mind carrying a wd through some mp5-6 ubers :/
Haha, yeah I think thats my plan now too. Slowly accumulate some machines, then ask if any Gaffers want to carry my ass through MP5-6 kills in exchange for being able to come along and grab some organs for rings for their alts.

If you guys need help when I get home I'll link my account so you can add me to friends. Demon hunter at 213k DPS without SS. Hardest part for me is finding someone to distract them while I slaughter them.
Are you guys on EU? If you've got the DPS I can keep Ghom/Rakanoth, Zultan/Siege pretty much perma stunned with my wizard. Me and my barb friend had a nice run at mp7 the other day and with more dps we could crank it up to 9 or 10 probably. If anyone is up for that on the EU side some time I'll post my account later.

PXtrk.jpg

It's pretty good for a lightning monk, but there's a drawback with the low dexterity. Probably worth a few millions.

V_Arnold

It's pretty good for a lightning monk, but there's a drawback with the low dexterity. Probably worth a few millions.

You are doing it wrong. After seriously lowballing it with at least a digit or two, you should add your D3 address and/or offer a few millions for him to buy the stuff :p

turnbuckle

So there's a thread on the battle-net forums about the rewards of monster power with suggestions people have to make it better. I ended up writing long and silly post daydreaming of some things I wish could happen. Figured I'd cross post even if very few people agree with me :p

First thing they can do to make the higher monster powers more efficient for leveling: Increase the base experience that monsters give rather than increasing the exp% stat of the player. If a monster's base XP is 10,000, then for every level of monster power increase that monster's base XP by 10-20% of the previous monster power.

Basic idea, assuming a monster's base exp on monster power 0 is 10,000 and scales up by 10% over the previous monster power level:

MP0: 10,000 exp
MP1: 11,000
MP2: 12,100
MP3: 13,310
MP4: 14,641
MP5: 16,106
MP6: 17,716
MP7: 19,488
MP8: 21,437
MP9: 23,581
MP10: 25,939

Doing it this way would allow the bonus XP stat to scale with each level of monster power you play. Why run MP3 for an extra 30% bonus experience when MP0 and cain's set is many times faster and easier? So much faster and easier that it more than makes up for the improved MF/GF and bonus item roll. Even with this adjustment it'd be far more efficient to farm lower monster power, but it makes farming MP>0 more tempting and rewarding.

Another suggestion I have would be to add a bonus legendary drop roll but keep it at a very low percentage, like .001% (1 in 10,000) on Monster Power 1 with an extra .001% chance for each monster power level up to .01% (1 in 1,000) in Monster Power 10.

Also, I would add a 1% chance for an item to roll twice on an affix per monster level up to a 10% chance in MP10. This chance would be applied ONCE per affix an item rolled keeping the higher of the two rolls but not changing the nature of the affix (if an affix rolled 40 vitality on mp10, there'd be a 10% chance of a re-roll for vitality and the item would be granted the higher of the two rolls). There would still be too many completely useless rare and legendary drops, but this would give a small bump to their odds of being decent to great.

I'd like to see crafting made viable through a new series of plans (dozens of new plans, several sets, and plans for gear with unique affixes like socketed shoulders, belts, and bracers) and several new jewel designs. These would require new materials that can only drop from Wardens or by salvaging hellfire rings. The plans only obtainable from the Ubers. I'd allow both to be salable on the auction house as a way to reward the effort monetarily and to grant players who don't have the time or patience for farming a means to get them as well. The chances for material, plan, and design drops would be dependent on Monster Power.

Finally, I'd like to see more incentive for regular and mini-boss fights. More incentive for progressing through an act rather than running the same efficient path over and over. I'd like to see legendary dyes be made exclusively through completing acts and killing mini-bosses and bosses. I'd also want these dyes to have various graphical effects that relate to the type of boss or act it was received from. For example, a legendary dye that's patterned after "Shadow Diablo" or a boney pattern fashioned from Leoric or a Cow or Whimsyshire-inspired dye etc. etc. This would be just for fun and obtainable from any difficulty (normal to inferno) with the chances for them to drop based on a combination of the difficulty level and monster power setting.

JFC I shouldn't take an adderall and an espresso before writing a post that'll surely see a lot of backlash (or be ignored completely, lol).

FML I've been talking more about the game than playing it this week. The "new" King's Bounty is a big reason why. I say "new" because it's basically the same game as all the previous ones, but I'm a sucker for their strategy formula and love the cheesy and absurdly poor translation :p

DSmalls84

I think I might start turning off monster power when I'm just farming for items. I was amazed last night at how fast archon tears through act 3 mobs without mp on. Basically one shot of the beam can clear a room lol.

turnbuckle

I think I might start turning off monster power when I'm just farming for items. I was amazed last night at how fast archon tears through act 3 mobs without mp on. Basically one shot of the beam can clear a room lol.

I'd say MP1 is the sweet spot in terms of speed and chance of getting good drops for myself. My roommate's archon wizard clears MP1 about as fast as he can clear MP0 and he's easily getting 4-10 legendaries a night. He also plays a ton (even more than myself) and is plvl 93 I believe, but it's impressive how tight a ship he runs. Since MP1 grants ilvl 63 affixes on even ilvl 58 items and MP0 doesn't, I greatly perfer MP1.

HenryHSH

I'd say MP1 is the sweet spot in terms of speed and chance of getting good drops for myself. My roommate's archon wizard clears MP1 about as fast as he can clear MP0 and he's easily getting 4-10 legendaries a night. He also plays a ton (even more than myself) and is plvl 93 I believe, but it's impressive how tight a ship he runs. Since MP1 grants ilvl 63 affixes on even ilvl 58 items and MP0 doesn't, I greatly perfer MP1.

Act 3 MP0 grants lvl63 affixes on low level items

Anustart

Found a pair of Inna's pants. Worth much?!?! Tell me it's so GAF!

90ish dex, 55 fire res, 12% move, 9% ias, 2 sockets and something else I think.

Edit: Oh yeah, the 1% Crit chance

Hesemonni

Banned
Found a pair of Inna's pants. Worth much?!?! Tell me it's so GAF!

90ish dex, 55 fire res, 12% move, 9% ias, 2 sockets and something else I think.

Edit: Oh yeah, the 1% Crit chance
EU or US?

If EU then right click and seek similar items. If US then right click seek similar items. There's plenty of them.

Keikaku

I just dropped some money to upgrade my Barb on the cheap and, as an added bonus, she looks pretty damn cool now.

LEQvw.jpg

Still waiting on 4 pieces of armor to come in off the AH so she'll change again. Ah well :D

Anustart

EU or US?

If EU then right click and seek similar items. If US then right click seek similar items. There's plenty of them.

I know :) I'm just at school, had to leave right after finding them, and our dang network won't let me access b.net to see if I found something decent and worth a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom