• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It seems like most of these were because of the new Legendary procs that they put in (e.g., Charm, spell procs, +100% IAS, etc.). Rather than making those new procs ridiculously low to compensate for certain high ppm skills, they tweaked those skills instead. Personally, I think that's the right approach, even if it did impact builds I liked/used (and, honestly, some are still viable).

The high coefficients didn't really matter before this patch as well. I mean, we're talking about Life on Hit and on-crit resource generation as pretty much it. There are a lot more procs to consider now and having those with a good base chance (e.g., 20-50%, some up to 90-100%) is overall better than those having a 5-10% chance to balance out the few skills with overly high average ppm.

Okay, for some reason I thought the proc coefficient also affected how many crits you get. I was worried that 1/2 proc = 1/2 the amount of crits. Now I'm relieved. Thanks. I don't have LOH yet anyway, and my AP on crit is at 30 AP, which means it's maxed out, which means it's already plenty enough.

kinggroin

Banned
Well for me the biggest issue was the gear check that Inferno is. I hit a wall where I couldn't progress any further because I needed better gear. But I couldn't buy said gear from the AH because I didn't have the gold, and it was going to take FAR too long to farm said gold due to me dying all the time to inferno champion packs. Like a ridiculous amount of time to farm the gold. But I also couldn't just play to farm for items either because I simply could not afford to put any MF% into my gear (my gear was subpar as it was already). That coupled with the fact of horrible item drops to begin with, I quickly realized that farming for gold and buying from the AH was my best alternative, and it was a terrible one.

Paragon levels will do a LOT to remedy this. Now I can earn more MF and GF completely independent of gear. So I can focus on just getting gear that improves my abilities to allow me to progress further and not worry about MF or GF because my Paragon level and Neph Valor should be enough. And repair costs going down will help tremendously with my gold farming for the AH. Repair costs were literally killing my fun factor. That might mean I'm an average player who can't stay alive in Inferno, but I accept that, lol.

Basically I'm a casual player who needed the game dumbed down a bit in order to have fun playing it, and thankfully Blizzard is obliging. :)

Geez. That's me in a nutshell.

Actually, that's everyone I know who plays this game, in a nutshell. This patch will really go a long towards adding longevity for the more casual crowd.

I'm actually looking forward to inferno act III now!

Belgorim

How much dps would +30% critical damage add?

Something like this maybe?:
30% = 0.3

(0.3 / Current Crit Damage)*Critical Hit Chance

Example:
Current Crit Damage: 230% = 2.3
Critical Hit Chance: 25% = 0.25

+30% critical hit damage would then add:

(0.3 / 2.3)*0.25 = 0.033 = +3.3% to your dps.

This is for a basic attack without skill use that changes any of the above percentages.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it out yet? How are people enjoying this?

both my DH and barb have like 12k elite kills each lol. I really do enjoy playing them both, but these paragon levels, man. Gotta max dat shit. Fuck it, probably gonna keep playing barb for the time being.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Servers are still down, in North America at least. Won't be up for a few hours in Blizzard time. So I'd expect to be able to play anywhere from 10 minutes to 6 hours from now.

Yeah, sometimes that shit is up early - I wish they sent out a mass text or some shit when that happens - I have the day off, but tonight going over to the girlfriends place.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
It's gonna be absolutely ridiculous seeing Blizz trying to balance this game for PvP lol. I'm glad I'll probably be done by then.

Yes, but haven't they already came out and stated they don't expect the game to be balanced for PvP? Especially to the lvl of a SC or such.

Ploid 3.0

I loaded up on a lot of Pickup Range gear, also all resist, and HP. Zombie dogs from deaths (effected by pickup range), and reduced recast per kill. I hope WD takes the spot of my spin barb for farming. I'd rather the pet class be my farm class. Then I could sell all my barb stuff.

Please be great WD! Gear I threw together last night. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ploid-1179/hero/820231 I'm probably going to sell my CM tanky wizard stuff too. With this paragon stuff I should start focusing on one class. I have too much Mana Regen probably, especially since I doubt I'll be using big MP spells.

Is it true that shielding will only be used by one elite per pack with the affix?
Yeah. When an elite pack has shielding as an affix. Only one of them can be shielded at a time. And when there is only one of them left I believe he cannot be shielded. 100% sure about the first part, only 70% sure about the second, would have to re-check.

Well for me the biggest issue was the gear check that Inferno is. I hit a wall where I couldn't progress any further because I needed better gear. But I couldn't buy said gear from the AH because I didn't have the gold, and it was going to take FAR too long to farm said gold due to me dying all the time to inferno champion packs. Like a ridiculous amount of time to farm the gold. But I also couldn't just play to farm for items either because I simply could not afford to put any MF% into my gear (my gear was subpar as it was already). That coupled with the fact of horrible item drops to begin with, I quickly realized that farming for gold and buying from the AH was my best alternative, and it was a terrible one.

Paragon levels will do a LOT to remedy this. Now I can earn more MF and GF completely independent of gear. So I can focus on just getting gear that improves my abilities to allow me to progress further and not worry about MF or GF because my Paragon level and Neph Valor should be enough. And repair costs going down will help tremendously with my gold farming for the AH. Repair costs were literally killing my fun factor. That might mean I'm an average player who can't stay alive in Inferno, but I accept that, lol.

Basically I'm a casual player who needed the game dumbed down a bit in order to have fun playing it, and thankfully Blizzard is obliging. :)

That was well said and pretty much explains me in D3.

Yeah. When an elite pack has shielding as an affix. Only one of them can be shielded at a time. And when there is only one of them left I believe he cannot be shielded. 100% sure about the first part, only 70% sure about the second, would have to re-check.
That's going to make those packs so much easier to deal with. The snakes in the Vault can be a bit of pain because half the time they are invisible and then when they phase in, they have shields.

Definity

Very first drops for me on 1.04 (nothing special but thought I would share anyway):

iqeaP9TPhacr9.png

ibqkF1Wp3eU60C.png

The new animations for enemy attacks and other things are nice touches that make a good difference.

edit: uhh those gloves are more than nothing special I'd say.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lack of guaranteed Vit on defensive legendaries is still alive and kicking, I see.

scy

I'm loving the new Vision Quest.

Is this a typo ?

Only shows 225% on the game.

Which would be 450% over two seconds. Unless you mean it's only returning 225% damage (112.5%/second). I'd guess more of an erroneous tooltip than anything else unless the in-game damage numbers aren't right.

KePoW

Banned
Ok I hate to be that guy but...

I just played for about 10-15 minutes in Act 3 Inferno with my monk (which is considered one of the worst classes still?), and they really turned it into easy mode.

Inferno was not that hard before the patch, I don't know why they nerfed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom