• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
kKlHB.png

I would give you rights to my unborn child for this. lol

Cipherr

Are there any legendary or set Rings/Amulets/Belts/Pants/Quivers/Gloves/Spaulders with lifesteal on them? I need some for my DH, but all the spots save the above are accounted for.

RS4-

Link to your armory profile?

Feel free to add me at FaidSint#1586

I went through the process of gearing my monk pretty recently up from around where you are to where I am now (71k unbuffed). Not that I'm an expert or anything but I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can help or if I have any backup items lying around.

Damn I need a drop like that. Everytime I ID an amulet I'm so sure its gonna be great, and then so let down by how garbage it is.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ihaveabeard-1932/hero/2490786

I think right now, my LOH is either 1200 or 1500. I haven't had much luck selling/flipping legendaries either so it's hard to buy stuff. Currently around 500k gold, give or take. Crit chance is 31%, critdamage is around 100%.

Resistances with OWE are 600 or so. I can do MP4 just fine. I believe I'm just missing out on better weapons and crit damage.

I should or could swap out the gem on the fist for a crit damage one.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I should stop beeing shy and just enter people's games!

Farming alone is depressing!

Depends on your class/build. Solo farming is much more efficient and dare I say less boring for archon wizards. Although yesterday I was in this game with a whirlwind barb, a DH with good DPS and a good WD, and it was complete mayhem on the screen. Lemme tell ya elites and bosses didn't last long. I had to laugh thinking "so much for bringing apocalypse on Earth, oh might Evil Ones." There's joy in facerolling demons like you're gobbling up bags of peanuts whole.

Are there any legendary or set Rings/Amulets/Belts/Pants/Quivers/Gloves/Spaulders with lifesteal on them? I need some for my DH, but all the spots save the above are accounted for.

I believe the only armor pieces with LS are belts. Those can only be used by Jay Wilsons favorite class too.

larvi

I believe the only armor pieces with LS are belts. Those can only be used by Jay Wilsons favorite class too.

Yeah, and from what I've found even with max ls of 3 + loh on my DH I can still one shot myself on a reflector pack if I don't have gloom up. The DH skills just don't proc enough to overcome the refl damage, they nerfed that a few releases ago.

Fularu

Banned
Depends on your class/build. Solo farming is much more efficient and dare I say less boring for archon wizards. Although yesterday I was in this game with a whirlwind barb, a DH with good DPS and a good WD, and it was complete mayhem on the screen. Lemme tell ya elites and bosses didn't last long. I had to laugh thinking "so much for bringing apocalypse on Earth, oh might Evil Ones." There's joy in facerolling demons like you're gobbling up bags of peanuts whole.

Well I have more fun when I play with Dog$ and co than on my own :p

Cipherr

Yeah, I just figured that maybe a few set pieces would bypass that normal restriction. Like the Inna's belt and pants roll Crit% when normal pants and belts cannot. Oh well..

Yeah, and from what I've found even with max ls of 3 + loh on my DH I can still one shot myself on a reflector pack if I don't have gloom up. The DH skills just don't proc enough to overcome the refl damage, they nerfed that a few releases ago.

This... This is why Im asking actually. It wasnt that large a problem for me a few weeks ago when I had 60k dps and 1k LOH and 3% lifesteal. But my damage is up to 130k or so now and I had to part ways with my LOH and LS in those slots in exchange for raising damage while maintaining 750 or so All Resist.

Reflect packs on MP0 suck, but they still aren't much of a problem, but MP5 key farming? Those packs have WAY more health and they are alive long enough to annoy/kill me. Nevermind the idiocy of my Boar pet proccing reflect damage on to ME when HE hits them. Nothing like barely surviving a Cluster Arrow shot on a pack with like 200 HP left and having your Pet rush in and melee them a few times causing your death he triggers reflect damage onto the player......

larvi

This... This is why Im asking actually. It wasnt that large a problem for me a few weeks ago when I had 60k dps and 1k LOH and 3% lifesteal. But my damage is up to 130k or so now and I had to part ways with my LOH and LS in those slots in exchange for raising damage while maintaining 750 or so All Resist.

Reflect packs on MP0 suck, but they still aren't much of a problem, but MP5 key farming? Those packs have WAY more health and they are alive long enough to annoy/kill me. Nevermind the idiocy of my Boar pet proccing reflect damage on to ME when HE hits them. Nothing like barely surviving a Cluster Arrow shot on a pack with like 200 HP left and having your Pet rush in and melee them a few times causing your death he triggers reflect damage onto the player......

Yeah, pets and turrets trigger reflect but don't trigger ls or loh, go figure. My favorite is when I have a turret up in the siege/zk uber encounter and I can't raise someone because I'm gettting "hit" by reflect from my turret.

Talaysen

And yes, + elemental damage affixes like the ones on a triumvirate apply to that black bonus damage on a weapon, but it doesn't apply to bonus elemental damage unless it's the same elemental damage type.

I thought the "Adds X% to Y element damage" property didn't even affect elemental damage of the same type. It just adds to the physical damage, but the element of that bonus damage is Y element.

Do I have part of that wrong?

Vodh

I thought the "Adds X% to Y element damage" property didn't even affect elemental damage of the same type. It just adds to the physical damage, but the element of that bonus damage is Y element.

Do I have part of that wrong?

It would seem that the only part you've got wrong is the elemental damage of the same type. From what others are saying, it would appear that it's like that:

It just adds to the physical damage and elemental damage of the same type as the bonus, and the element of all that bonus damage is Y element.

I have 2.9 LS and 500 LOH @ 2.4 APS and get blasted with RD on my monk MP6+. A well placed exploding palm one shots me. lol. I could get LS on my echoing fury but it would cost billions.

They said they want to look at the RD affix on elites/champs, and I think they should. If not, they should give all classes the ability to get LS on belts.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
MP10 is so satisfying. Ghom and SB/ZK are easy... But Maghda/SK was a bit challenging. 2 Minutes to spare too!

Wizard OP, so I got myself a wizard army!
It was a good run.

That next go at A3 through, yeesh. KMD and I stuck it out after you and Izzy left, and we pulled a total of 3 packs with all that garbage, and it involved a lot of roaming around to catch people at corners. Shit was brutal.

Suffice to say I was more than happy to go back to MP1 for some bullshit after that. Thanks to KMD for sticking around.

ps: Making a drinking game out of a noob's death count isn't good for your liver.

larvi

I have 2.9 LS and 500 LOH @ 2.4 APS and get blasted with RD on my monk MP6+. A well placed exploding palm one shots me. lol. I could get LS on my echoing fury but it would cost billions.

They said they want to look at the RD affix on elites/champs, and I think they should. If not, they should give all classes the ability to get LS on belts.

Yep or add ls as a potential affix to the other class specific armor types. They also need to change 2h bows so that they can get up to 6 ls like other 2 handers.

Vodh

Yep or add ls as a potential affix to the other class specific armor types. They also need to change 2h bows so that they can get up to 6 ls like other 2 handers.

Or add LS as a possible affix on quivers, sources and mojo's.

Edit:

Ok, what's up with the Brimstones? Last I checked, they were 9k, now they're 45k and rising? WTF?

Yea I think I only have 5.8 LS on my Barb but I dont even notice reflect damage, it hits DH's the hardest defintely. Kind of prefer them to have reflect damage knowing its almost a waste of an affix and they wont have something else. Only reason I've died the last like ten times is my Wraith of Berserker was on cooldown and I got jailed too many times.

Any way to not get jailed/frozen when not in Wraithmode? I know avoid the frozen lol but its not always possible. Does any move break free from it?

Rufus

Anyone else's game start running badly after the last patch?
The usual.
Starting a session is choppy as all hell. First contact with enemies turns into a horrible, stuttery mess that looks like the game's about to lock up, but it clears up. I assume whatever you're getting from the server at that point takes too long to load into memory or something? I don't fucking know.

After that there are only intermittent, minor stutters. It's been that way for me before 1.05.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The usual.
Starting a session is choppy as all hell. First contact with enemies turns into a horrible, stuttery mess that looks like the game's about to lock up, but it clears up. I assume whatever you're getting from the server at that point takes too long to load into memory or something? I don't fucking know.

After that there are only intermittent, minor stutters. It's been that way for me before 1.05.
Yeah, that's my issue. I thought it was video lag, but turning down all settings does nothing to solve the problem.

kennah

Yea I think I only have 5.8 LS on my Barb but I dont even notice reflect damage, it hits DH's the hardest defintely. Kind of prefer them to have reflect damage knowing its almost a waste of an affix and they wont have something else. Only reason I've died the last like ten times is my Wraith of Berserker was on cooldown and I got jailed too many times.

Any way to not get jailed/frozen when not in Wraithmode? I know avoid the frozen lol but its not always possible. Does any move break free from it?

Leap breaks out of it.

Vodh

Man, this game should be a mandatory course in finance... Blizzard "Yeah, we might introduce something that might increase the usefulness of Brimstones in an unspecified future." Market: "Guys, time to invest in [BRIM] stock!"

larvi

I've been saving all of my brimstones from my crap legendaries figuring they would eventually have to make crafting worthwhile and I'm up to over 50 now. Still going to hang on to them for now since there isn't much useful I could buy for my char in the 2-3m range anyway.

Talaysen

If not, they should give all classes the ability to get LS on belts.

They should do that regardless. And give barbs another resource property on their belts. All the other class items only get extra properties that are resource based, which makes sense since no other class can use them anyway. But barbs get... life steal... which everyone can use. And is also one of the best properties in the game. It's so stupid.

Sure. As long as you can't use an offhand with them too... The reason 2H goes to 6 (along with all the other boosts) for melee weapons is because you have to sacrifice the offhand slot for it.

They should let DHs use more weapons though. Kind of lame that they can't pick up a 2H melee weapon for the LS or whatever else. If they wanted to keep the bow theme, they could make another 2H weapon that is a bow type but works like melee weapons for properties (and doesn't allow equipping a quiver).

Rufus

Yeah, I'm holding onto my brimstones too.

I don't need any upgrades since I'm only going to do Act 3 runs on MP0-3 until they add something new and even if I did, my 50m isn't going to get me one unless someone forgets a zero, so whatever.

They should let DHs use more weapons though. Kind of lame that they can't pick up a 2H melee weapon for the LS or whatever else. If they wanted to keep the bow theme, they could make another 2H weapon that is a bow type but works like melee weapons for properties (and doesn't allow equipping a quiver).
Or give them some dagger or spear specific skills and synergies along those lines. Or even a reason to use 1H crossbows. DHs feel really one-dimensional as far as attack skills go.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I got a vile ward, echoing fury, zuni pox, and depth diggers today. All shitty rolls :(

Yet I got a perfectly rolled frostburn the other day.

koji

Been playing inferno act 1 for a while now with my hardcore barb, it's all he can handle atm; Almost 0 extra MF, getting pretty shitty loot. Tried turning on MP but I'm not ready for that yet, shit :lol

Difference between Act 1 MP0 and Act 1 MP1 is pretty big, because of the lvl 61 mobs becoming lvl 63.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Just had the most crazy RNG run ever.

Ended up with 13 legendaries in 12 MP0 runs. Did a uber run on mp7, got all 3 pieces and key from kw. Decided to do an A3 key run, kw drops key AND legendary.

Doubt I'll ever see anything like this ever again.

kennah

Just had the most crazy RNG run ever.

Ended up with 13 legendaries in 12 MP0 runs. Did a uber run on mp7, got all 3 pieces and key from kw. Decided to do an A3 key run, kw drops key AND legendary.

Doubt I'll ever see anything like this ever again.
Musta been a good day for it. I did two quick runs (keeps craters and kw) and got a legendary on each. Damn these 5am mornings stopping me from staying up!

RS4-

Did two a3 runs, finally got the keys on both. Too bad I only had one legendary. A wizard hat or something. All I could remember is that it rolled sub 100 in all four primary stats.

MrDaravon

Hey Kennah, that Inna Belt is available, I'll sell it to you super cheap if you still want it. Also do you have a link to your profile? Assuming you're a Monk or DH I've currently got an Andariel's Visage up that might be an upgrade for you as well (as well as some Inna Pants now).

And holy fuck, prices have come down substantially on everything. I just spent my last 10 million, but for 10 million I got a new pair of Inna pants that were a 1% AS and 20 Dex increase. I paid decently more than 10 mil for the Inna pants I was wearing now maybe 3 weeks ago, crazy. Also I have gotten an equivalent dex Vile Ward for 10 mil (I paid I think 25 million 3-4 weeks ago?), or actually gotten about a 10 dex increase on my Nat boots. Shit's crazy, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom