• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Great, was two feet from a Resplendent Chest and on an amazing run (got a decent Nat ring and a voodoo mask legendary I'd never seen) and I got disconnected from the servers and can't sign back on now due to high volume.

RS4-

Great, was two feet from a Resplendent Chest and on an amazing run (got a decent Nat ring and a voodoo mask legendary I'd never seen) and I got disconnected from the servers and can't sign back on now due to high volume.

Same thing happened to me when I was about to create a portal for that infernal machine.

Talaysen

Did two a3 runs, finally got the keys on both. Too bad I only had one legendary. A wizard hat or something. All I could remember is that it rolled sub 100 in all four primary stats.

Storm Crow is alright. I use one. If it rolled crit or socket (or maybe all res) you might be able to get millions out of it.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
jesus H.. duuude cash out. its that like $1000+

I think closer to $400-500 after fees.

Also crazy how BIS items like that mempo are down to 1.5 bil. I remember rarely seeing them on the AH and selling for 2bil easy. Now I see them all the time now for 1-1.5

Anustart

Got some tips on leveling paragon, and my oh my how much quicker it is now. I'm only level 17 (maybe 18) and a level used to happen once a day. I just raised a level in 40 minutes or so. 100 here I come!

Vodh

Got some tips on leveling paragon, and my oh my how much quicker it is now. I'm only level 17 (maybe 18) and a level used to happen once a day. I just raised a level in 40 minutes or so. 100 here I come!

Mind sharing the tips?

MrDaravon

Aw yeah, snagged this on the AH for 12 million (I put the gem in) right when it went up, I'd been pricing Manticore upgrades for a bit and for the price it was a great deal:

XMZGq.jpg

Replacing this one:

X0cBj.jpg

Losing the Vit fucking hurts bad, took me down to 30k HP, or 32k HP if I'm running Perfectionist which I'm currently debating on. But at a point I couldn't pass up getting a goddamn 21k unbuffed damage boost, and with Steady Aim active and my Follower it's something like 26k. Also skyrocketed me past the 200k unbuffed damage barrier I'd been aiming for, I'm at 211k without Steady Aim active or the Scoundrel buff, and about 265k with those both active. I'm pretty fucking stoked. Now I just need to see what I can get for the old Manticore; there's only a couple on the AH that have higher Vit or Dex, but mine's the highest damage. Based on the other ones I tossed it up at an 80 mil buyout, will see what happens. I actually "only" paid 35 mil for it, so I might actually turn a profit, maybe. This is too pricey for me to throw away for dirt cheap, but I'll go lower than the 80 mil obviously if anyone here is interested I guess? Seems like most of the DH's here are broke, and everyone else is playing a barb lol.

Losing the Vit fucking hurts bad, took me down to 30k HP, or 32k HP if I'm running Perfectionist which I'm currently debating on. But at a point I couldn't pass up getting a goddamn 21k unbuffed damage boost, and with Steady Aim active and my Follower it's something like 26k. Also skyrocketed me past the 200k unbuffed damage barrier I'd been aiming for, I'm at 211k without Steady Aim active or the Scoundrel buff, and about 265k with those both active. I'm pretty fucking stoked. Now I just need to see what I can get for the old Manticore; there's only a couple on the AH that have higher Vit or Dex, but mine's the highest damage. Based on the other ones I tossed it up at an 80 mil buyout, will see what happens. I actually "only" paid 35 mil for it, so I might actually turn a profit, maybe. This is too pricey for me to throw away for dirt cheap, but I'll go lower than the 80 mil obviously if anyone here is interested I guess? Seems like most of the DH's here are broke, and everyone else is playing a barb lol.
Not broke but my current bow is about on par with your new one with a little less raw DPS but more dex and also a vit roll.

I found a beautiful amulet last night. If it rolled just one more stat it would have been so godly.

136 Dex
129 Vit
10 CC
88 CD
Arcane Resistance
1277 life after kill

I'd give up both those last two for one all resist! Still was a healthy increase in both DPS and life for me though.

MrDaravon

Not broke but my current bow is about on par with your new one with a little less raw DPS but more dex and also a vit roll.

I found a beautiful amulet last night. If it rolled just one more stat it would have been so godly.

136 Dex
129 Vit
10 CC
88 CD
Arcane Resistance
1277 life after kill

I'd give up both those last two for one all resist! Still was a healthy increase in both DPS and life for me though.

That's still pretty damn good though. I got super lucky and found this a while back which I'm using:

vdUYr.jpg

Getting a damage upgrade from it won't be impossible, but the vit and all resist is going to make it a goddamn nightmare to replace in any foreseeable future for me.

With the new Manticore I'm steamrolling anything on MP3 harder than before, and except for the usual Reflect mobs I'm not really having any problems, so that tradeoff was worth it, at least for now. I'm not running Perfectionist right now though, switching back to that will probably help a bit. I've complained about this before, but they really need to make the Boar companion invincible like your followers are, I would roll with it all the time. All that happens now is it dies all the time which causes you to lose the bonus, and if shit is going down you probably aren't going to notice, and if you have noticed having to re-spend the Disc to get it back is often not viable or desired.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I'm thinking about finally giving up on this game. I've been finding mostly crap the past few days and every substantial update seems to cost so much that even if I got lucky I'd have to play for weeks to afford them. It's just kinda frustrating really.

It's as if the game is just out there to troll me. "Here, have a Zunimassa mojo...with the worst rolls imaginable, mwahahaha!"
Just take a break.

A few days ago I found a Thing of the Deep that had an average damage of like 70. It was worthless. So I share that frustration.

I haven't had a Legendary drop in a few days now, which is a rather long dry spell for me. The last thing that I sold for eight digits was an IK belt which was at least ten days ago if not more. Junk daily from then until now. Not even figurative "junk" - every drop I've had in the last few days has been nothing greater than vendor quality. Shit happens.

That said, concern about upgrades should never go without posting a link to the character in question. Prices on everything thats not a perfect roll are plummeting by the day.

MrDaravon

Hey, can anyone who has access to the US AH doublecheck something for me to make sure I'm not going insane? I found this ring:

hl7YQ.jpg

I went to price it, and except for two very low-level rings I can't find any rings that have any amount of GF/MF/Dex/Socket/AS:

Uvf39.jpg

I've had this happen once or twice and usually it was just me being an idiot because I had accidentally selected a character-specific dropdown that was low-level, or one of the level requirement fields had gotten filled out. But I've checked multiple times now (you can see I selected a generic Barbarian with no level req) and I'm still not finding anything at all. Is this actually that uncommon of a roll? I almost didn't even check it.

I found the boar to die too quickly on MP2+ and then the Regen you get is laughable what is it 350hp? Lol. Meanwhile frogs are litterally leaping across the map digging 20k-30k chunks of damage out of you.

I dunno I didn't really like using the defensive boosts on DH they felt so weak compared to the damage buffs that you can choose. A bit more evening out would be nice. Along with a Gloom that counters damage at the reflect damage level, I was using Gloom and still taking damage when hitting RD and that was kind of...unfair.

MrDaravon

I found the boar to die to quickly on MP2+ and then the Regen you get is laughable what is it 350hp? Lol. Meanwhile frogs are litterally leaping across the map digging 20k-30k chunks of damage out of you.

I dunno I didn't really like using the defensive boosts on DH they felt so weak compared to the damage buffs that you can choose. A bit more evening out would be nice. Along with a Gloom that counters damage at the reflect damage level, I was using Gloom and still taking damage when hitting RD and that was kind of...unfair.

Well the Boar is mostly useful for the 15% on your resists; that combined with Perfectionists's 10% boost could actually be potentially pretty useful. The life regen is shit (I think like 150/sec?), but I think that's sort of a non-issue either way. Going from running neither to running Boar + Perfectionist I definitely noticed a difference, but the inconsistency of the Boar presents the problem.

And yeah, on a RD mob even if I have Gloom up, I can only use Hungering Arrow; Elemental Ball on more than one enemy causes me to kill myself in 1-2 seconds even with Gloom up, it's retarded. Honestly if they want to leave RD as-is, they should just go back to pre-nerf Nether Tentacles, problem solved. But it's ridiculous that I completely faceroll entire acts excluding a single affix, and that affix is responsible for 90% of my deaths. I have something like 450 LOH and with that and Gloom I still one-shot myself from RD mobs if they're offscreen and I don't see them in time. It's stupid.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I found this ring:

I went to price it, and except for two very low-level rings I can't find any rings that have any amount of GF/MF/Dex/Socket/AS
Dex/GF gear is bot gear. Sockets aren't what they're looking for. Neither is MF, but you can usually adjust the price a touch higher if it has it.

The triple digit Dex, GF, and IAS should push this to just under 1M. The GF is a bit low but bot runners aren't paying a premium for higher GF% now. Search similar, remove the Str and Socket, blank out MF, and price 30% lower than lowest buyout. Relist 100K less every 12 hours until it goes. It will go.

MrDaravon

Dex/GF gear is bot gear. Sockets aren't what they're looking for. Neither is MF, but you can usually adjust the price a touch higher if it has it.

The triple digit Dex, GF, and IAS should push this to just under 1M. The GF is a bit low but bot runners aren't paying a premium for higher GF% now. Search similar, remove the Str and Socket, blank out MF, and price 30% lower than lowest buyout. Relist 100K less every 12 hours until it goes. It will go.

Will do, but why is Dex desired on bot gear? I have no clue specifically how they bot now. And using your criteria, there's only two rings listed at 9.8 and 12 mil buyouts. Baffling.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Hm, OK. I haven't sold a GF ring for more than 2M in some time. It's probably priced that high because of the very high dex roll. Kick that to 100 Dex in the search perhaps. 6% IAS is the minimum, so it shouldn't be driven up that much because of that. In that case, maybe try 3M and knock down 500K the first two relists then 250K thereafter? There is a definite market for it regardless. Similar rings which I acquire from bids I usually have to spend 500K on at minimum.

I haven't looked up how bots work, but my assumption was that DH is the bot class because of the range, mobility, and the ferrets which act as a pickup radius and increases GF. More reports I've seen on bnet lately mention Monks as the primary bot class. I find that dubious but there is a definite premium and market for gear, or at least jewelry, that has Dex and GF. A ring with 20gf/70dex/4cc/7ias will still go for something like 1.5M, but change that 70 dex to 70 str and you're lucky to sell it at 150K.

MrDaravon

Hm, OK. I haven't sold a GF ring for more than 2M in some time. It's probably priced that high because of the very high dex roll. Kick that to 100 Dex in the search perhaps. 6% IAS is the minimum, so it shouldn't be driven up that much because of that. In that case, maybe try 3M and knock down 500K the first two relists then 250K thereafter? There is a definite market for it regardless. Similar rings which I acquire from bids I usually have to spend 500K on at minimum.

I haven't looked up how bots work, but my assumption was that DH is the bot class because of the range, mobility, and the ferrets which act as a pickup radius and increases GF. More reports I've seen on bnet lately mention Monks as the primary bot class. I find that dubious but there is a definite premium and market for gear, or at least jewelry, that has Dex and GF. A ring with 20gf/70dex/4cc/7ias will still go for something like 1.5M, but change that 70 dex to 70 str and you're lucky to sell it at 150K.

Yeah, those two hits are the only thing at 100 dex or above, that seems to be the primary driver. If I leave dex but take out the value, there's a ton and they start at 750k buyouts. Just out of curiosity I put it up at 7.9 mil with no buyout, just to see what will happen. I expect nothing, but since it doesn't seem like there's any comparable I'd rather be overcautious at first, and I can just re-list it at whatever if need be.

pompidu

Well the Boar is mostly useful for the 15% on your resists; that combined with Perfectionists's 10% boost could actually be potentially pretty useful. The life regen is shit (I think like 150/sec?), but I think that's sort of a non-issue either way. Going from running neither to running Boar + Perfectionist I definitely noticed a difference, but the inconsistency of the Boar presents the problem.

And yeah, on a RD mob even if I have Gloom up, I can only use Hungering Arrow; Elemental Ball on more than one enemy causes me to kill myself in 1-2 seconds even with Gloom up, it's retarded. Honestly if they want to leave RD as-is, they should just go back to pre-nerf Nether Tentacles, problem solved. But it's ridiculous that I completely faceroll entire acts excluding a single affix, and that affix is responsible for 90% of my deaths. I have something like 450 LOH and with that and Gloom I still one-shot myself from RD mobs if they're offscreen and I don't see them in time. It's stupid.

How I feel. RD, Fast, And vortex mobs are a DH nightmare. It's really a terribly designed class.

Vodh

Seems like this Monk will be the first to cross the 400k DPS barrier unbuffed by legit means. I just watched a video of him playing on MP 10... it's insane.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/arthur-3193/아란/3484537

My monk splurged all over the screen looking at his two weapons.

You mean without passives or what? Either way, isn't this guy over 400k even afer removing Glass Cannon?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/nalgangdortz-3223/FrostBurn/19501531

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm having a hard time pricing this amulet because all the similar amulets on the EU AH (which there aren't many) have 8 or 9% IAS. Any ideas?

jgDlq26LUGVOT.jpg

larvi

Ok DH gaf, why hasn't anyone told me about 1h xbows before? I found this calamity about a week ago and just got around to trying it out today. Even though I lost some dps on paper going from 2h + quiver to 1h + quiver the increased attack speed and extra 10% crit chance more than make up for it imo. Speed farming just seems so much faster now. I'm anxious to give it a shot in ubers, since I'm running a stun build the extra aps should come in handy with that as well, plus the built in marked for death means I don't need to waste a slot on that skill. Too bad this didn't roll a socket instead of str:

calamity.png

Ok DH gaf, why hasn't anyone told me about 1h xbows before? I found this calamity about a week ago and just got around to trying it out today. Even though I lost some dps on paper going from 2h + quiver to 1h + quiver the increased attack speed and extra 10% crit chance more than make up for it imo. Speed farming just seems so much faster now. I'm anxious to give it a shot in ubers, since I'm running a stun build the extra aps should come in handy with that as well, plus the built in marked for death means I don't need to waste a slot on that skill. Too bad this didn't roll a socket instead of str:

calamity.png

I got one today. They seem to only be worth something if you get a socket on them.

Mine rolled 100% crit/49%marked for death lol but the Damage roll sucked think its like 1000dps. :(

Yes though I did see a DH awhile ago in a random public match who had like 3.xx APS and ran chakras that like filled the whole screeen and shot so fast lol, it was nuts.

MrDaravon

Also that is a pretty ridiculous 1h xbow. My vague understanding was that when the game came out, in theory 2 1h xbows would out damage a 2h setup, but it would require near perfect rolls on both of the 1handers. I'm not sure if with the legendary weapon changes if they changed or not, I kinda assumed that the 2-slot Manticore sorta destroyed that theory, but maybe not?

Also that is a pretty ridiculous 1h xbow. My vague understanding was that when the game came out, in theory 2 1h xbows would out damage a 2h setup, but it would require near perfect rolls on both of the 1handers. I'm not sure if with the legendary weapon changes if they changed or not, I kinda assumed that the 2-slot Manticore sorta destroyed that theory, but maybe not?

2 hands xbow gives you 15% dmg boost. A prefect roll on a Dead Man's Legacy is cheap and can go up to 20% attack speed and 10% crit.

So, 2 hand xbows, but have rolls good enough (let's say, the closest as possible as 400% crit dmg) to over come the loss of 5% ias, and 10 cc.

And then came the two slots manticore... That can stack 300% crit dmg (+50% on the passive) and still a perfect Quiver.

larvi

I'm still using my dml with the calamity so I don't have to give up either the IAS, crit or vit from the quiver. While I'm losing dps over a 2hander the increased procs on my bola thunderball para and nightstalker crits feeding my discipline make up for that and allow me to survive better on higher mp levels and when running mp0/1 farming exp the attack speed means I can clear stuff faster even without the extra dps

Granted I don't have a 1300dps dual socket manticore to compare it to, if you want to donate one to me in the interest of scientific testing I'd be more than happy to give it a shot ;)

I'm playing it, my Monk is almost at level 70 (2/3 of the way through level 68)

I do have to say, I'm definitely getting burnt out on the game. There's not much else to do but do Act 3 runs. You can do Ubers, but once you got a semi-decent ring, you feel like you're all set. They're definitely a waste of time compared to farming for exp / items IMO.

We need another patch, but I don't think it's coming any time soon.

I spontaneously uninstalled the game the other day. Can't muster up the will to reinstall now

Guess I'll wait for the next interesting development

Boken

Banned
I haven't played since 1.01... I feel way too behind to start again. Am I just crazy? All I have is 100% DPS gear from when demon hunters just tried to one shot everything. None of the DH changes excite me either.

Give me some inspiration, GAF!

Cipherr

I haven't played since 1.01... I feel way too behind to start again. Am I just crazy? All I have is 100% DPS gear from when demon hunters just tried to one shot everything. None of the DH changes excite me either.

Its a whole different ballgame for DH's right now compared to those days.

You should do something small, login, hit the AH and buy upgrades (itll be legions cheaper than it was patches ago) then once you upgrade nearly everything for pennies, log in and run A1 MP0 Inferno and laugh at how much the game has changed.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Well, I started the game around 1.0.3 I think, and I still think it's dramatically improved since then, so you'll find it has changed even more so coming from 1.0.1!

Couldn't speak for DHs though, I don't play one. Maybe it's time to reroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom