• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I played pretty much everyday from launch until early november. I'm not to the point of uninstalling it or anything, but I have finally moved on to other things. Just ordered new PC parts so I'll be sure to check out how it looks maxed out instead of on low, but my interest has pretty much faded at this point. Lots of other games and hobbies to spend time with!

Rufus

Just ordered new PC parts so I'll be sure to check out how it looks maxed out instead of on low, but my interest has pretty much faded at this point.
You'll barely see the difference when you're playing. Texture quality is going to stand out most on the character select as well, when you actually see the model up close.

Hands down the most interesting class to play.

Also shortly before I wanted to quit the game suddenly drops a legendary and a set item on me, both (potentially) worth at least a bit of money. It's like the game knows when you're about to quit.

Yes. I had been on a cold streak and was contemplating quitting, and then the game dropped me a vile ward that ended up selling for 125m. I've seen it happen with other people, hitting the jackpot right before they are about to quit too.

Oh, it's nothing too valuable, but at least it's something. Maybe not even worth much, but at least it's not utter garbage like the Zunimassa mojo I found a while ago. I haven't hit the jackpot yet, although I found a pair of (pretty nice) Zunimassa boots.

Edit:
Turns out the item I found is actually a low roll and not worth much. Thanks for trolling me game. Or maybe not ? Oh well, I'll see, if I can't sell it I'll just have one of my chars wear it.

If you keep chugging, it will come. It finally took me 520 hours to hit the jackpot, even though I've found a couple of goodies here and there.

Just bought a couple upgrades: a nice ice climbers, a new inna's chest, and now I'm at 130k unbuffed DPS with my monk. Feels good man, i'm getting there.

I hate the fact that the U.S.battle.net website is so slow to update profiles, because I want to see where my DPS is at the paragon ladder website.

MrDaravon

The website seems to update really inconsistently. It will sometimes update immediately even while I am in the game, other times it's 1-2 days.

Fularu

Banned
Game has been trolling me lately :

350 int skorn
350 dex skorn
Int ageless might (how can a mighty belt roll int as the main stat is beyond me)
230 int firewalkers

Sigh... :)

balddemon

Banned
anyone wanna play through act IV with me? still dont have all the waypoints lol. let me know on here cuz i'm not in game now

balddemon#1627

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
At first I was pissed that the keywarden I killed on mp8 didn't drop the key. Then I ID'd the amulet he dropped.

wAIYq.jpg

NgHkt.jpg

neoism

I spontaneously uninstalled the game the other day. Can't muster up the will to reinstall now

Guess I'll wait for the next interesting development

damn toast... why uninstall it though you had good luck and was boss at the game.... hope to see you again down the road... just got meh barb to 54 thanks to juices lol took only 3 hours... this class is retardly over powered... still love meh monk though funnest class by far... but think I'll work on my barb for awhile

Hands down the most interesting class to play.

Also shortly before I wanted to quit the game suddenly drops a legendary and a set item on me, both (potentially) worth at least a bit of money. It's like the game knows when you're about to quit.
I'm having a lot of fun with the WD. It's nice having skills that actively do damage instead of passively increasing my overall damage. It's been rather refreshing.

Seems like a lot of viable skills too.

Anustart

I'm having a lot of fun with the WD. It's nice having skills that actively do damage instead of passively increasing my overall damage. It's been rather refreshing.

Seems like a lot of viable skills too.

I love my witch doctor :) Even though I'm poor and cannot afford gear resembling anything but junk.

larvi

I use multishot and ToC in my farming build but not as my primary mouse skills, I still use hungering arrrow/spray of teeth and elemental arrow ball lightning for those. I typically lead with multishot then use my mouse skills to clean up anything it left, I use the multishot rune that gets me discipline back since I don't have any +disc items. I also prefer a 1h xbow for the attack speed.

I would like to an example of the speed but the videos aren't loading for me. But to me if you have time to drop a turret it doesn't sound like he's tearing through the packs. I use turrets on higher mp levels but not on mp3 or less.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I've had good luck farming act 1 but I haven't found shit farming act 3. Anyone else experience this?

placebo effect! If blizzard keeps up with community feedback, you would imagine they would increase the mob density in act 1/2. They've been on a row with the past 3 patches.

I just tried out a Tempest Rush build. I swapped out Overawe for Mantra of Healing > Circular Breathing for shits and giggles and started running like a maniac around the map killing everything in the way. I swapped out my Andi's visage to an Inna's helm with 1.75 spirit per second and closed a 4 piece set of the inna's set, which makes the cost of Sweeping Winds non existent.

My god. I can't believe I've been playing this game so wrong all along. I'm gaining like, literally 1M exp a minute, and killing 1 elite pack a minute as well. And it's godamn fun.

Can't wait until I get a couple gears that will allow me to drop Mantra of Healing and go back to overawe for -massive damage- against giant enemy crabs.

I'm dual wielding right now with the 2 spirit per second mantra regen right now. I wonder if it's truly worth dropping dual wielding and the survivability that comes from it to a LS Skorn.

I also wonder if it's worth getting gear for constant tempest rush. Right now I'm killing all trash mob and running around the map with TR, and then killing elites with thunderclap. I don't really feel the need to get more constant TR, but I wonder what impact it will have on my farming.

M.D

I don't know what happened, but over the last week I somehow lost interest in the game.
Up until last week I was playing this game non-stop, but this week I had a busy week and couldn't play most of the time.

I had some time to play for the last 2 days, but I was like "fuck it I don't care", and only now played one game with long breaks.
I think maybe I should take a break. I have not played any other game since I started playing this game ( when 1.0.4 came out)

Anustart

Good night overall. Boosted my dps by almost 10k with a vile ward drop that I found and a zunimassa trail purchase I made of the AH. There is an absolutely SICK pair of Ice Climbers on the ah right now for 430 million. They're my dream boots.

damn toast... why uninstall it though you had good luck and was boss at the game.... hope to see you again down the road...

thanks brah. Might reinstall to do ubers and whatnot, no way I'm farming again though

I had this epiphany where I realized I hate randomized loot. No matter what its implementation I feel like I could be doing better, or whatever I have is inadequate.

I don't mind random drops on a binary level like, 'this thing occasionally drops ___' and grinding for that, but sifting through shit? Think I've had enough

No more loot games for the foreseeable future

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
hows the game now?

havent opened the game for months.

Past few patches made it enjoyable. Market is saturated with cheap and exceptional rares/legendaries. Don't quit your day job if you plan to play for profit. 1.0.6 or 1.1 news should be around the corner since 1.0.5 has been out for awhile

Vodh

Is someone playing the low-end Dex Mempos market? Last time I checked, you could get one with 150+ dex for 4m, now it's 6m...

MrDaravon

Holy shit, on a single Act 3 run I got a: Zunimassa's Vision, Inna's Favor, Madstone, Skorn, Chantodo's Will, Death Watch Mantle and Ageless Might. None of the rolls were great, I got 500k for the Inna, 800k for the Chantodo and 900k for the Skorn and the rest were all Brimstone. But that's a ridiculous amount for a single run.

pompidu

Holy shit, on a single Act 3 run I got a: Zunimassa's Vision, Inna's Favor, Madstone, Skorn, Chantodo's Will, Death Watch Mantle and Ageless Might. None of the rolls were great, I got 500k for the Inna, 800k for the Chantodo and 900k for the Skorn and the rest were all Brimstone. But that's a ridiculous amount for a single run.
I hate you lol

MrDaravon

I'd never even seen a Madstone or Ageless Might before. Also keep in mind that was after a couple of days of not getting any Legendaries, whereas before if I played most of a day I'd see 4 or 5. And it's not like any of them were any good. Still tens of millions away from any kind of an upgrade :(

It's funny how effective you can farm for 3 million these days.

I dusted off my Witch Doctor(My launch character and my first 60.), sent myself a budget of 3 mil and could easily farm MP2(FAST, I'm sure I could do MP4 but slowly.) without a problem in the world. I'm sure you can do that with almost all classes. Ended up with 120k DPS and decent resists.

(I'm having more fun than my Rend/Cleave Barbarian too._

Rapstah

Is there a known issue where the Maghda fight will just slow down until it lags so much you die instantly from her adds? I'm trying to level a Witch Doctor and can't beat it on fucking Normal because of that. I am certain it's server-side because it speeds right back up the second I respawn outside.

V_Arnold

Is there a known issue where the Maghda fight will just slow down until it lags so much you die instantly from her adds? I'm trying to level a Witch Doctor and can't beat it on fucking Normal because of that. I am certain it's server-side because it speeds right back up the second I respawn outside.

It is not lag, but slowdown. Experienced it once, only in that room. Restarted it and it worked. I wonder what did it....

Rapstah

It is not lag, but slowdown. Experienced it once, only in that room. Restarted it and it worked. I wonder what did it....

You're right, it's slowdown. Her adds started moving slower between the frames. Managed to beat her anyway between the frames and you're right that it is the room, it still slows down when I enter it even when she's not there. It's not like there's a lot going on in that room!

HenryHSH

Started running with Cain's set. Still over 110k DPS and 30k HP. Wish I had thought about doing it sooner since I'm so burnt out on leveling now. MUST KEEP ON GOING, NEED GOLD PORTRAIT!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For the first time ever I got 3 legendaries in one run (and they weren't too far apart from each other).

First I get a spear. I have a bad feeling about it cause I don't know of any valuable spear in the game, and sure enough, it was a three hundredth spear. Worthless.
Then I get a hand crossbow. I'm like "ooh I think there's one valuable hxbow out there." Then I remembered the decent ones are set items. I got Dawn, crappy crossbow with an int roll.
Then finally, a wand. "Please be a Chant's Will, please be Chant's Will, please be a Chant's Will!!"... This time I forgot that CW is a set item, so I was really disappointed: Fragmented Destiny. This wand is such a bummer cause it's potentially great, but it's lacking one or two really good affixes.

All 3 items were worth less than 50k, and one was lvl +60. So I salvaged that one and vendored the other two :(.

Oh well, can't complain, at least I got three this time.

larvi

Then I get a hand crossbow. I'm like "ooh I think there's one valuable hxbow out there." Then I remembered the decent ones are set items. I got Dawn, crappy crossbow with an int roll.

Actually the best hand xbow is probably Calamity which isn't a set item. But yeah, the set xbows are defnitely better than Dawn.

I had a lvl 63 legendary belt drop earlier, unfortunately it was a crappy mighty belt rather than a the witching hour I was hoping for.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
I need a little advice from my gaf bros. Finally saved up enough for a socketed Bul Kathos main hand. It's gonna cost me around 60 mill for a 1k dps with socket.

I love these blades and I love speed. All my barb friends are telling me I'm spending too much for that little dps. I know I could go axe build with a socketed skorn but that's not my style. So I need some advice from you guys.

Have 70 mill burning a hole in my pocket and feel the need to upgrade.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Omega-1990/hero/13462234

Advice plz!

MrDaravon

Does anyone have a link or layout to a Monk skills guide? I have a level 34 Monk I haven't touched since 1.01, I might mess around with her a bit but I don't remember shit and I have no clue what I should be doing in the slightest weapon-wise, skill-wise, or anything.

Edit: Found a thread about a month old that said this is more or less the recommended Monk build, is this still up to date? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aSXgTk!UXa!acbYca

Also I'm assuming I shouldn't be using a shield correct? I had one equipped, but as far as I can tell they're pretty unnecessary at this point?

HenryHSH

I need a little advice from my gaf bros. Finally saved up enough for a socketed Bul Kathos main hand. It's gonna cost me around 60 mill for a 1k dps with socket.

I love these blades and I love speed. All my barb friends are telling me I'm spending too much for that little dps. I know I could go axe build with a socketed skorn but that's not my style. So I need some advice from you guys.

Have 70 mill burning a hole in my pocket and feel the need to upgrade.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Omega-1990/hero/13462234

Advice plz!

Wasting WAAAAAAAAAY too much gold for such small DPS gains. Grab some 800 DPS weapons with around 80-90 Crit damage and an open socket.
Look at mine as an example. If you're willing to spend that much on weapons, you can get two that are much better than mine and possibly gain 30-40k DPS...

Here's my SC barb wearing leveling gear. Look how much damage the weapons give me...

Finally reached Paragon 70 and am halfway through 71.

Fast MP1 farming is the most efficient way of playing this game, but I really wish the game rewarded us a little more for playing higher MPs at slower paces.

M.D

Sold an AV helm for 23M
Now at 85M, way more then I ever had, right when I started losing interest in the game :p

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Wasting WAAAAAAAAAY too much gold for such small DPS gains. Grab some 800 DPS weapons with around 80-90 Crit damage and an open socket.
Look at mine as an example. If you're willing to spend that much on weapons, you can get two that are much better than mine and possibly gain 30-40k DPS...

Here's my SC barb wearing leveling gear. Look how much damage the weapons give me...

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps it's time to retire the BK blades. I know spending that much gold for such little gains was a waste but I kept justifying it by how much fun they are to use.

It really does come down to maximizing gains and not fun huh.

Sothpaw

So I am just recently back to D3 after the massive improvements (at least as far as I'm concerned) made to the game so far. This dropped for me last night right before I went to bed. From what I can see, these are worth 9 digits in gold. However, I am a Witch Doctor, so these are godlike for my character. Also, the way gold devalues, would you guys be more inclined to just hold onto these for now instead of cash in on the windfall? If I sold I could probably make my character MP7 keyfarm viable.

You can check out my (bad) gear at Sothpaw #1105 if you want. Also, feel free to add me, always looking to group up.

e1qpn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom