• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roommate got a triple legendary drop. Depth Diggers, Immortal King's Tribal Binding, and Shen Long's Fist or whatever it's called. Even if none of them were jackpots, that's still crazy. I still haven't had a double legendary drop yet.
I Just had a double drop this weekend. One zunni chest piece my new WD is wearing and one POS that went brimstone. Second time it's happened.

Definity

Anyone up for ubering tonight? I have 1 machine currently, hope to have 3 before I start. Of course I'm just dead weight, so I need sugar daddies to carry me :D

I missed your message in game but if I'm online tonight I can help with ubers.

MrDaravon

Got my first Witching Hour and it's actually decent, awwwwww yeah

dcCY7.jpg

The damage increase is actually only about 2k (as opposed to the 12k it shows) since the tooltip apparently doesn't account for losing set bonuses (or maybe it does, and it's losing the holy damage making up the entire difference? I honestly can't tell.). It's probably worth the tradeoff on the Vit for the extra resists though. I'm also debating selling it to pick up a dex + vit or all resist one instead, thoughts? It seems to be a decent one, but I don't know how hard the market for these may or may not have tanked. At a glance it seems like it would be good for a cold resist monk, or maybe a wiz/wd, not sure.

Cipherr

Man there was a Monk in a game yesterday outrunning me quite noticeably, and I have 24% movement speed. That 1% really is surprisingly noticeable if thats what he had. (No he wasn't using the baton twirl thing, he was just running).

Got my first Witching Hour and it's actually decent, awwwwww yeah

dcCY7.jpg

The damage increase is actually only about 2k (as opposed to the 12k it shows) since the tooltip apparently account for losing set bonuses (or maybe it does, and it's losing the holy damage making up the entire difference? I honestly can't tell.). It's probably worth the tradeoff on the Vit for the extra resists though. I'm also debating selling it to pick up a dex + vit or all resist one instead, thoughts? It seems to be a decent one, but I don't know how hard the market for these may or may not have tanked. At a glance it seems like it would be good for a cold resist monk, or maybe a wiz/wd, not sure.

Dude I did NOT know there was a belt that could roll crit damage. I absolutely need one of those in my life, thanks for posting that :D

On the flipside, I found these gloves on the AH the other day for a 1m gold buyout:

W7kaN.png

They arent the best, but they are pretty nice for 1 million.

I got a double drop a couple days ago and thought, "Dang, This must be my lucky day"

And then reality kicked in...

KoWKO.png

ITUT0.png

Also had 2 really close drops last night with an Andariel and a Balefire Caster (shudder)

Man there was a Monk in a game yesterday outrunning me quite noticeably, and I have 24% movement speed. That 1% really is surprisingly noticeable if thats what he had. (No he wasn't using the baton twirl thing, he was just running).

He probably had fleetfooted passive that makes it 34% MS. 25% cap is just for equipment. DH's and Monks have passives that let them go 34% MS.

Thats actually why I was wondering about Barb MS the other day, I wanted to upgrade but felt SO slow at 12% so I was wondering where I could move it to off my bracers. And basically a Barbs Eternal Reign is where a TON of points come from so I kind of crossed off Tyraels Might and Innas Temperance's cant get much strength...I felt trapped.

Anustart

im down I guess... stopped playing for a few days... still cant sell shit.... working on getting 3 also...

Yeah, I haven't played in a bout 3 days myself. Finals coming up and final projects coming up even sooner. Plus I have to study for a SkillsUSA programming thingy that I would like to win.

Cipherr

He probably had fleetfooted passive that makes it 34% MS. 25% cap is just for equipment. DH's and Monks have passives that let them go 34% MS.

Sweet merciful... I did not know that. I honestly thought it still capped at 25% making those worthless once you grabbed 24%.

MrDaravon

I don't think the DH passive lets you go over 25%, but I may be wrong

Yeah, I actually tested this just now, and it doesn't let you go over 25%, which is pretty lame.

On my Witching Hour above it looks like I could clear maybe 60ish million for it, but then getting one with comparable (or higher) Dex + Vit would cost about the same if not a bit more. Debating if the ~2k damage increase (which is fairly insignificant really) + the int/resist gains are worth the 1k HP loss. Normally I'd say yes, but at the same time I could just cash it out and use the money to get something more worthwhile I guess? Decisions.

MrDaravon

The DH passive requirement (must have full Hatred) makes it kinda useless anyway IMO. If the requirement was that you need full Disc that might be a different story.

SailorD what do you want for your Inna's Favor?

IF I either keep the Witching Hour to equip, or if I sell it and wind up buying a better belt I will hook you up on the Inna's Favor (say half of whatever the going rate of an equivolent one is). No promises though since I haven't decided what to do on that, but I'll definitely let you know and cut you a good deal if it's going to be available. Gotta help GAFers out!

Related, does anyone know exactly what criteria I should be prioritizing when trying to price this on the AH (US)? It having multiple decent primaries on it is kinda fucking me up since I'm not sure what this might be worth to other classes, if anything.

X2iHU.jpg

Assuming I also always have it searching for 9%AS and 40% CD min values:

-If I plug in 60 Dex and 40 Cold Resist (thinking cold resist monk), the cheapest on the AH is 69 million with comparable Dex/Cold/Int/AS/CD, but lower Str. The AH one however has 48 Vit on it, but does not have any Life Regen.

-If I plug in just 90 Int or 65 Str on top of the AS and CD, they start at 15 mil but are all over the place with other rolls, mostly shit. So I'm guess that Int and Str versions of these are either the most common, or the least desirable.

So I have no idea what to even potentially price this at, and I'm not sure how important the Life Regen is. 255 seems to be pretty high for these. I tried plugging in 200 Life Regen, the 9%AS and 40%CD and Str/Int/Dex but left those three min values blank, and I only got one hit at 92 million, so that doesn't really help either way :/. And if I try plugging in all of the values (except cold resist) but leave Life Regen min value blank, I only get one hit and it's got no buyout and sitting at 1 million with a day left, but with bids. Fuck. Unless someone has a better suggestion I'm thinking I just toss it up for like 40-50 mil with no buyout and see if it sells. If not I'll just equip it, and if so I'll just get whatever I get.

neoism

lol saling your on-equipment to a vender is heart braking.. :/

1 mil belt
adsrkjghaeriugbaeirgfafucke;irugaei;rgjua;jrghba;djrgha;drkgha;dgfh
:p

MrDaravon

lol saling your on-equipment to a vender is heart braking.. :/

1 mil belt
adsrkjghaeriugbaeirgfafucke;irugaei;rgjua;jrghba;djrgha;drkgha;dgfh
:p

I haven't actually done this, but I've become super paranoid about it. I'm always keeping an eye on my Damage and HP to make sure they haven't changed. Hopefully they implement that item lock.

Id put 95 int 9 as and 40 crit damage in. Price it at a Wizard buying it since they will probably be the ones looking for the highest main stat.

manfestival

hey guys add me to the diablo 3 list

my battle tag is reivaj#1341

Got a barb 60 paragon 10 I believe and my DH is 45 I believe but working on getting it to 60

X2iHU.jpg

Assuming I also always have it searching for 9%AS and 40% CD min values:

-If I plug in 60 Dex and 40 Cold Resist (thinking cold resist monk), the cheapest on the AH is 69 million with comparable Dex/Cold/Int/AS/CD, but lower Str. The AH one however has 48 Vit on it, but does not have any Life Regen.

-If I plug in just 90 Int or 65 Str on top of the AS and CD, they start at 15 mil but are all over the place with other rolls, mostly shit. So I'm guess that Int and Str versions of these are either the most common, or the least desirable.

So I have no idea what to even potentially price this at, and I'm not sure how important the Life Regen is. 255 seems to be pretty high for these. I tried plugging in 200 Life Regen, the 9%AS and 40%CD and Str/Int/Dex but left those three min values blank, and I only got one hit at 92 million, so that doesn't really help either way :/. And if I try plugging in all of the values (except cold resist) but leave Life Regen min value blank, I only get one hit and it's got no buyout and sitting at 1 million with a day left, but with bids. Fuck. Unless someone has a better suggestion I'm thinking I just toss it up for like 40-50 mil with no buyout and see if it sells. If not I'll just equip it, and if so I'll just get whatever I get.

If I had to guess, most of its value would come from the dex/res component. The regen is nice and maybe people would valuate it similarly to a bit of vit, but that can't be said for sure

Put in 8%ias and see what shows up as well. There could be one that obliterates yours outside of the 1%ias for cheaper than one with 9 so its always good to check

MrDaravon

Int primary Witching Hours seem to be worth jack, you can get 100+ int ones with 8% AS and decent CD for 15-20 mil. I did check 8% AS, there's not any super comparable ones, but ones in the ballpark go in the 50-60 mil range, which is about what i expected as they're not quite comparable and have the 1% lower AS% for about ~10-15 mil less.

I just tossed it up for 45 mil with a 65 mil buyout. I kinda don't expect it to sell, but if it does great, and if not I'll just use it. Not an big deal either way for me, technically I'd prefer the money but 45-60 mil wouldn't get me THAT much more of an upgrade than the ~2k I'll get from equipping it.

Those ones are bare minimum since they have int guaranteed. Having anything else of value on it is sugar on top

It's a pretty beastly item even with crappy rolls

MrDaravon

Those ones are bare minimum since they have int guaranteed. Having anything else of value on it is sugar on top

It's a pretty beastly item even with crappy rolls

Ah, I didn't know that they always rolled Int. The prices on Witching Hours have definitely come down though; 2-3 weeks ago the cheapest one with any roll period was about 30 mil, now you can get decently rolled int ones for 15-20 mil.

Also right after I found that Witching Hour, I found a decent Wailing Host:

hGVmM.jpg

Looks like it's only worth 4-6 mil, but back to back that's pretty crazy.

Definity

u done with DH j... your barb is probably a boss now with all dat gold :p

good games KMD and Definity i forgot to friend you i think ....sakrai's WD a mofuckin BOSS

That voodoo buff is nuts! During one of those uber fights we had two of the buffs going and my dps was closing in on 300k!

u done with DH j... your barb is probably a boss now with all dat gold :p

good games KMD and Definity i forgot to friend you i think ....sakrai's WD a mofuckin BOSS

Done for now, Its funny took me 4o hours to get a Barb that plays better than my 300 hour DH. Such a class imbalance. I'll maybe go back when they switch the game up a bit. Did you get your ring yet?

I'm going to have 5 machines ready this weekend possibly more. We can do a few Ubers then.

neoism

Done for now, Its funny took me 4o hours to get a Barb that plays better than my 300 hour DH. Such a class imbalance. I'll maybe go back when they switch the game up a bit. Did you get your ring yet?

I'm going to have 5 machines ready this weekend possibly more. We can do a few Ubers then.

cool got two so far both are shiiit... at least the first one rolled about 289 loh the one today was terribad lol one of these days I'll be as lucky as KMD :p

Anustart

I figure for my next ring I'll roll a dex hellfire. That way my scoundrel can benefit from it along with my wd, and I can then level a monk and dh with an enchantress lackey!

I just can't see myself leveling other characters without the benefit of two hellfires plus rubied helmets all around.

Mystery

Got an Act III room open with 15 elites almost dead, and the keywarden almost dead, MP10. Get your Magic Find gear on and post your battletag! First 3 battletags posted get an invite. :)

windz

Did a few ubers with Henry, Talaysen and a buddy of mine (mp7 and mp8 with no real issues), we all managed to get a hellfire ring or two..but I finally got my first! Just happy to have one for the XP boost, rolled with 61 resists and a meh amount of +dmg and +life after each kill. Oh well, will farm more and try for something better (wtb the ring posted above :p AS and crit = yes please!).

Simple math to calculate your real dps : hit Ghom or Siege breaker or anyone easy to just stand and dps constantly. Don't use burts. I used blazing warth for 15% dmg buff and kept Overware at 48% all along.

I use monk fir thunder clap, sweeping winds and tornadoes... All electric dmg with my Won Khim Lau with 24% added electric dmg.

94k dps shown. Figured out that Ghom 18m hp (mp4) go down in 24 sec. That's 18 000 000 / 31 : 580 000k effective dps without using burst, just pure constant dps. Hidden dmg are awesome in this build.

larvi

Thanks Mystery was fun doing the mp10 run, had 605mf with 5 stacks.

I did a couple of uber runs tonite and went 6 for 6 on parts so it was a good nite there as well. Unfortunately both rings I made were junk. KMD, that's a really nice one. I've probably made a dozen and that beats any of mine,congrats.

Mystery

How long do MP10 packs take you to whittle down typically?

It took me about an hour and a half to get the 15 packs and keywarden down. However, 6 of the packs were reflect damage, and took significantly longer. If there's no reflect, one pack takes me about 2-3 minutes. Reflect with extra health can take up to 10 minutes per encounter.

I'll try to do one of these rooms once a night, hopefully with more packs next time.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
(Referring to the Witching Hour above) That someone thinks 15-20 mil for an item is "jack" saddens me. I wish I could afford one :(.

On an unrelated note, what is the drop% of keys on MP0 wardens? Cause I got one yesterday on my first run, surprisingly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom