• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Those Prowlers are retarded, Jesus Christ.

Started fucking around with that Monk alt today; using really only a Hellfire Ring and MP10 (didn't get too crazy with getting Cain sets or whatever for the EXP) I got from 34 to 46 in oh, maybe 2 hours? MP10 feels like how the game should have originally, but still only died twice. Only upgraded all of my gear on the AH twice, and have spent maybe about 1 million total? It's especially ridiculous once you get to the mid-40s as you start seeing the Level 60 weapons with reduced level requirements. I spent about 250k total on a ~650 damage Won Khim Lau with high dex and vit, and a ~740 1h Mace with high dex, vit, and lifesteal. I'm only on Nightmare Act 2, and to that point my damage was only about ~2k and I was doing fine, now I'm at ~15k lol.

I don't think I'll put any serious time into her (at least for right now), but it's cathartic just playing God like this.

pompidu

So I am just recently back to D3 after the massive improvements (at least as far as I'm concerned) made to the game so far. This dropped for me last night right before I went to bed. From what I can see, these are worth 9 digits in gold. However, I am a Witch Doctor, so these are godlike for my character. Also, the way gold devalues, would you guys be more inclined to just hold onto these for now instead of cash in on the windfall? If I sold I could probably make my character MP7 keyfarm viable.

You can check out my (bad) gear at Sothpaw #1105 if you want. Also, feel free to add me, always looking to group up.

e1qpn.jpg
That one piece of gear is worth more than all of mine. Got damn

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So I am just recently back to D3 after the massive improvements (at least as far as I'm concerned) made to the game so far. This dropped for me last night right before I went to bed. From what I can see, these are worth 9 digits in gold. However, I am a Witch Doctor, so these are godlike for my character. Also, the way gold devalues, would you guys be more inclined to just hold onto these for now instead of cash in on the windfall? If I sold I could probably make my character MP7 keyfarm viable.

You can check out my (bad) gear at Sothpaw #1105 if you want. Also, feel free to add me, always looking to group up.

pic

Holy crap perfect stat combination with perfect rolls. Well technically it's lacking vit, but damn they're just so good. My Lacuni Prawlers completely suck. I only bought them because I need +24% mvt speed for my archon build and I had to go cheap. Yours would be perfect, I wouldn't need to change bracers ever, but at the same time they're worth so much gold I could upgrade every single piece of my gear with the money.

Tough choice, but congrats to you anyway.

Cipherr

e1qpn.jpg

I would sell that for a stupid amount of gold and upgrade every other piece of my gear. Granted that would be close to a Best in slot, but I think its better value overall to sell it and get a laughable amount of gold from it, then upgrade all your other slots.

I vote, go for the MP7 gear set.

HenryHSH

I would sell that for a stupid amount of gold and upgrade every other piece of my gear. Granted that would be close to a Best in slot, but I think its better value overall to sell it and get a laughable amount of gold from it, then upgrade all your other slots.

Haven't checked lacunis market in a while but it the rolls are almost perfect. High AR roll, Max crit chance and attack speed. These are good for any class.

MrDaravon

Haven't checked lacunis market in a while but it the rolls are almost perfect. High AR roll, Max crit chance and attack speed. These are good for any class.

Sure, but here he could probably sell this, buy a replacement that's probably 75% as good for a fraction of the sell price, then use the ridiculous amount of money left to hugely upgrade all of his other gear. The main reason I would recommend that (or cashing out) is that while this would be pretty much a God-tier piece of gear for him that he would likely not replace for a very, very long time, it wouldn't be forever. Eventually at some point there will be expansions or items added to the game, so I'm not personally a big believer in necessarily aiming for a perfect roll on the top item in a slot, because at some point down the line that will probably change. If that makes any sense. I'd rather give up a near-perfect or perfect roll on a single slot to get something that's almost as good, then have money left over to upgrade my other gear further.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
On second thought, yeah, he should definitely sell them for a huge amount and then upgrade everything else. As good as they are, those prawlers will only improve your character by so much. Upgrading everything else, on the other hand, will make you much more powerful.

[EDIT] For reference, the closest I found on the EU AH is worth 900 million gold. Holy crap.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Level 58 Legendary Wizard Hat!!!

Swear this game is fucking with me.

Dark Mage's Shade I presume? Used to be dope for CM/WW wizards you know. Still have mine (until I find something better that is). It's worthless now of course. And it looks bad on your character.

Yes thats the one, Its not even an upgrade for my 33k dps wizard. And it wont get me a brimstone either will it lol.

Really wish I would have brought my laptop to work today. No friggen work to be done and 7 hours to go!

kennah

The game isn't fucking with you juice, it's fucking with me... FIRST ENEMY dropped a legendary fist...

In my nightmare game with a level 38 wizard.

pompidu

On second thought, yeah, he should definitely sell them for a huge amount and then upgrade everything else. As good as they are, those prawlers will only improve your character by so much. Upgrading everything else, on the other hand, will make you much more powerful.

[EDIT] For reference, the closest I found on the EU AH is worth 900 million gold. Holy crap.

He hit the jackpot and didn't even know it. God damn I'm jealous.

larvi

It isn't terrible. Will be nice when I level my Monk

Looking at battlenet, seems my two random properties were lifesteal and socket! Why can't that happen on level 60 stuff

Yeah and it looks like a perfect ls roll too. Could probably get close to a mil for it if you sold it.

Sometimes I think about running lower difficulties with max mf gear to see what I would find. I wonder if you aggro'ed an entire area like the battlefields then killed everything all at once, what kind of bonus experience you would get on the lower difficulty levels.

Yes thats the one, Its not even an upgrade for my 33k dps wizard. And it wont get me a brimstone either will it lol.

Really wish I would have brought my laptop to work today. No friggen work to be done and 7 hours to go!

I'm thinking about hopping back in, can someone give me the best hunting spots for a 60 Wizard? Currently at 33k DPS and 34k Life (I think).

kennah

Yeah and it looks like a perfect ls roll too. Could probably get close to a mil for it if you sold it.

Sometimes I think about running lower difficulties with max mf gear to see what I would find. I wonder if you aggro'ed an entire area like the battlefields then killed everything all at once, what kind of bonus experience you would get on the lower difficulty levels.

It is really kind of funny. Socketed low level legendaries sell on the rmah for 2-4$

RS4-

Finally hit 50k dps with the Monk. Grabbed a Shenlong Fist of Legend for 100k, brought my DPS up to 43k. Decided to get a 11k Fury for 130k (the one that dropped for me patches ago rolled STR). Swapped the FoL for the Fury. My offhand is some 900dps fist with crit damage gem in socket.

I'd like to use my WKL instead of the fist but I lose 4.5k dps. Not worth it for the bonus 21% to lightning damage. Not sure if I can stand the fear proc though.

I wish I had sockets on the FoL and Fury though.

edit - at 47k dps with the Fury + FoL.

e1qpn.jpg

Post it on Wizard forum on b.net if you wanna escape the blizz tax. It's pretty much BiS for CM Wiz

Congrats

HenryHSH

You guys complaining about trash legendaries should take a look at my stash. Already made 8 brimstones today and that doesn't include the ivory tower that I can't ID.

Anyway, still buying unid Ivory Towers for a brimstone. Only got 10... No one's been donating. :[

Why do I see ammys like that but everytime I ID a ammy its Poison Resist, Melee Attackers take Damage, a Control Reduction, and a socket GAH

You guys complaining about trash legendaries should take a look at my stash. Already made 8 brimstones today and that doesn't include the ivory tower that I can't ID.

Anyway, still buying unid Ivory Towers for a brimstone. Only got 10... No one's been donating. :[

I've got one for you

Battletag is toastyToast#6810

RS4-

Why do I see ammys like that but everytime I ID a ammy its Poison Resist, Melee Attackers take Damage, a Control Reduction, and a socket GAH

Seriously eh :( or you find two amulets, one has the crit chance, the other has the crit damage and attack speed.

Found a pair of gloves that does have CC and CD though. But still not good enough!

Oh hi, guys anyone going to be on in two hours? or 90 minutes?

I got 4 machines ready and if someone has 2 we could do two uber rounds pretty quickly.

neoism

LOL 12 hours in my barb is better or as good as my 300 hour monk... can do like mp2 pretty easily lol wish stupid blizz site would update.... sucks not having no mf though... SPRINT FOR LIFE :p about 90kdps buffed... my res is still all over the place though.. that passive that monks have is too good... mostly fire res.. but seems like I need to go Allres
j if you would like those items back you let me use just say the word... thanks for powering leveling me.
Oh hi, guys anyone going to be on in two hours? or 90 minutes?

I got 4 machines ready and if someone has 2 we could do two uber rounds pretty quickly.

got 3

Boken

Banned
First day back run.

Best thing I got was that stupid Frostburn Gauntlet legendary. : (

Got hit with 80k worth of repairs lol

RivalCore

So I'm totally binging on D3 in order to stay awake for 24 hours to break my sleep cycle.

So far I managed to score a pair of Dex/Vit Vile Wards, AR Inna's Radiance and had a pair of Nat's Boots drop for me. Soooo damn close to 100k DPS. I really need like a 100 million for a Crit Chance Nat's Ring.

Anustart

So I'm totally binging on D3 in order to stay awake for 24 hours to break my sleep cycle.

So far I managed to score a pair of Dex/Vit Vile Wards, AR Inna's Radiance and had a pair of Nat's Boots drop for me. Soooo damn close to 100k DPS. I really need like a 100 million for a Crit Chance Nat's Ring.

Im doing the same tonight! Ive been staying up too late and need to get back to normal. Any bets on if ill find a legendary or set item!?

Just picked up the game this weekend. So far (Monk, level 11 just after Skeleton King) it's incredibly easy, to the point that I find myself ignoring the keyboard except to check inventory. Should I try MP2 or does the difficulty pick up a bit later in Normal?

Any other recommendations? I did turn on elective mode and advanced tooltips.

Just picked up the game this weekend. So far (Monk, level 11 just after Skeleton King) it's incredibly easy, to the point that I find myself ignoring the keyboard except to check inventory. Should I try MP2 or does the difficulty pick up a bit later in Normal?

Any other recommendations? I did turn on elective mode and advanced tooltips.

It's meant to be easy. You can swap mp levels when u want too. Might as well increase difficulty if you think it would aid in your enjoyment.

There not much advise to give either. Experiment with skills as they become available and we can talk about builds/gear when u hit inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom