• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Ouch...lesson learned from late night RMAH. I accidentally bought 70 million gold instead of trying to sell it. My mind wasn't clear at that moment

So with the news that there's going to be a PvP blog soon (which should mean that the PvP patch is around the corner - at least a PTR version), I thought I'd let people know my plans regarding the OT.

Since it's a significant piece of content that should bring back many people who put down the game, I (well, probably me) will make a new OT in the gaming side, specifically focused on the PvP 1.1 content. I'll probably also do a roundup of the 1.05 stuff for returning people, since I never changed the OP here. It will probably be somewhat satirical in nature, given Diablo III's development process, especially with PvP cut from release (and now the length we've had to wait) being one of the most egregious issues with the game.

After that OT either dies down or dies out, people can resume their regularly scheduled discussion here.

Yea got a new Mempo with 100 more strength for 3.5k more DPS than my last one. Some clown outbid me with 15 minutes left. Finished up my game. Clicked the pages back n forth til the minutes switched and then set the stop watch, bid the last two seconds and won.

With the Witching Hour broke the 100K DPS barrier. Now I guess I go for 125!

Slayerx

So with the news that there's going to be a PvP blog soon (which should mean that the PvP patch is around the corner - at least a PTR version), I thought I'd let people know my plans regarding the OT.

Since it's a significant piece of content that should bring back many people who put down the game, I (well, probably me) will make a new OT in the gaming side, specifically focused on the PvP 1.1 content. I'll probably also do a roundup of the 1.05 stuff for returning people, since I never changed the OP here. It will probably be somewhat satirical in nature, given Diablo III's development process, especially with PvP cut from release (and now the length we've had to wait) being one of the most egregious issues with the game.

After that OT either dies down or dies out, people can resume their regularly scheduled discussion here.
Gaming side.....it's going to be a bloodbath :(

Svafnir

I have been doing random things to keep me entertained lately, just hit this massacre record today.

E2piv.png

kennah

Yea got a new Mempo with 100 more strength for 3.5k more DPS than my last one. Some clown outbid me with 15 minutes left. Finished up my game. Clicked the pages back n forth til the minutes switched and then set the stop watch, bid the last two seconds and won.

With the Witching Hour broke the 100K DPS barrier. Now I guess I go for 125!
Can I have your IK belt? It is better than the one I was going to give you :p

Talaysen

I'm probably not going to sell the gear. I played the monk for a second today and had fun. I'm also a giant vagina. Lol

Yeah, as I said in-game earlier, I suggest not selling. However, if you think the economy is going to crash again due to a patch or something, sell immediately. You can then buy it back later for cheaper. That's what I did when I switched back to wiz from monk. But I haven't really played monk since then (or replaced the weapon with anything good yet).

Also, being able to play more than one class does wonders from keeping you from getting bored of the game, so there's that. I swapped between wiz/monk/DH during 1.0.4 and it helped a lot. My wiz is too far ahead of the others in terms of gear to be doing that now though, sadly.

Anustart

Need some input on a weapon. I've been using a dagger that has 600 LoH, I just found a 1h weapon with 1200 dps and 2.8% life steal which boosted me to 93k dps. Is that high enough dps to make that 2.8 viable over the LoH? I'm also losing 14 mana per second regen which may make me switch back anyway...

Edit: Ended the night by finding another Zunimassa chest, 156 int, 84 vit, 75 ar, 700 armor. Not bad and should make a couple million off it, right?

Talaysen

Need some input on a weapon. I've been using a dagger that has 600 LoH, I just found a 1h weapon with 1200 dps and 2.8% life steal which boosted me to 93k dps. Is that high enough dps to make that 2.8 viable over the LoH? I'm also losing 14 mana per second regen which may make me switch back anyway...

Probably. I find it better to get life on hit on rings/amulet instead anyway.

Anustart

Anyone get some cheap bids in on items before the servers went down? First time I've done so, and if all the ones I was winning last I checked go through, I stand to make a couple million I would say.

Edit: Ended the night by finding another Zunimassa chest, 156 int, 84 vit, 75 ar, 700 armor. Not bad and should make a couple million off it, right?

If you're using bears, you'll get a ton of life back. My damage isn't particularly high (75k) and I get ticks of 6-7k when hitting multiple targets/something big.

1.5k regen and decent ls should make you pretty sustainable. Relying on LoH limits you to having Acid Rain/Rain of Toads for their proc coefficients. Everything else is pretty meh

That Zuni chest is worth something. Armor is sought after last I checked. Other than that its pretty average. Won't stand out too much without double vit

M.D

So.. are gems now profitable? I mean the best quality

Radiant Star Emerald cost 22M
How much does it cost to make one if you're starting with the square ones you find?

jkanownik

Anyone get some cheap bids in on items before the servers went down? First time I've done so, and if all the ones I was winning last I checked go through, I stand to make a couple million I would say.

I got lucky. I didn't realize it was going down until I got kicked off. I think I should end up with 4 Bul Kathos Solemn Vow's with Crit Dam & >1030 DPS for ~2M a piece. I'll convert each one to ~$3.50 cash after Blizz tax. Total profit should be over $10 (33M gold in AH or 40M secondary market).

Opiate

Looks to me like the quest in Act I in one of the defiled crypts which produces an endless stream of skeletons to kill.

I'm very surprised that people find a legendary only rarely or every couple weeks. Either you're playing very little or I am playing very differently. I get, on average, about 1 legendary per act III clear. Most are terrible, but I get them. Is this not other people's experience?

V_Arnold

Looks to me like the quest in Act I in one of the defiled crypts which produces an endless stream of skeletons to kill.

I'm very surprised that people find a legendary only rarely or every couple weeks. Either you're playing very little or I am playing very differently. I get, on average, about 1 legendary per act III clear. Most are terrible, but I get them. Is this not other people's experience?

When I played regularly, that was my experience for a lot of nights.
Then came nights where no legendary dropped, and yet I played a lot.

Did not sweat it too much, as after a dry period, there were always a run with more than two drops :p

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Depends. I'm not playing that much these days (though I will soon resume that), but I think I too get 1 legendary on average per (modified) Act 3 Alkaizer run on MP1. Got 3 the other day, but sometimes I don't get any. I'm PL23 with just a bit of additional MF on my gear, around 30% I think.

[EDIT] Which quest are you referring to by the way? The one with the deceased wife and the three altar/urn things spawning skeleton and her ghost husband? Cause the one with the jar is on a timer.

windz

Last night I think I found 5 legendaries which is great for me. A couple nights ago I played just as much and found no legendaries. Found two almost back to back last night which was nice. Even got a key off keywarden on mp0 lol.

I honestly feel it's incredibly hit or miss/random. There are times it feels like legendaries are dropping like crazy, and other times like they've gone on vacation. (PL 35 w/ around 180% MF with no stacks). It does suck hitting the dry spells though.

I've had a massive string of legendary crap recently. I'm glad brimstones went up in value a little. The last three set pieces I've had have ended up as brimstones or sold for <500K.

inky

What monster level are you playing on and what is your current magic find? I've had very little luck with 1-5 monster power and with everything from 200-300+ MF. I've only found 2 legendaries since the patch. I've stopped playing a week ago or so due to not finding anything valuable anymore.

RS4-

I've had a massive string of legendary crap recently. I'm glad brimstones went up in value a little. The last three set pieces I've had have ended up as brimstones or sold for <500K.

So if I can't sell legendaries for a decent price on AH, I should just salvage and hope that I get a brimstone, then sell?

larvi

Any lvl 60 and above legendary will automatically give you a brimstone as far as I know. I've got a stack of about 75 of them now. I'm holding on to mine in hopes that legendary crafting will be worthwhile someday.

Talaysen

Patch 1.0.6 is up.

Diablo III Patch 1.0.6 - v.1.0.6.13300
General

We will soon begin limited testing on minor updates to Battle.net’s communication and login functionality. Patch 1.0.6 includes some of the data for this testing, but please note that the changes will not be visible to players or impact your play experience in any way. For more information, please visit the Diablo III community site.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that allowed players to bypass the one-second trade timer when exchanging items via the Trade window
Fixed an issue that caused the same item to occasionally drop for players using Threatening Shout with the Grim Harvest rune

Yay?

MrDaravon

Any lvl 60 and above legendary will automatically give you a brimstone as far as I know. I've got a stack of about 75 of them now. I'm holding on to mine in hopes that legendary crafting will be worthwhile someday.

Same. Outside of that brief explosion in Brimstone prices a week or so ago based on speculation, I think the general consensus is to hold onto those for right now.

Rufus

so do those skeletons in that jar quest infinitely re-spawn or something how did you do this pls
That's the room with the four pillars in Leoric's tomb. Skeletons spawn around each pillar until you destroy them, which you have to do to advance.

turnbuckle

I think I'm pretty close to being done with buying upgrades for the IK set. I've found that using the set with Unforgiving and Animosity can make exp farming a lot quicker as I'm rarely ever starved for fury. I also have stopped using wrath of the berserker for the time being as I'm finding it more stressful/painful spamming skills as a fury sink to keep it going. I still use it for doing higher monster power, but for MP0-2 I'm having more fun using leap and overpower.

M.D

That's the room with the four pillars in Leoric's tomb. Skeletons spawn around each pillar until you destroy them, which you have to do to advance.

So... does that mean you can farm exp there? I mean, why not just let the skeletons spawn until you get tired? maybe I'm missing something

turnbuckle

So... does that mean you can farm exp there? I mean, why not just let the skeletons spawn until you get tired? maybe I'm missing something

I'm pretty certain those don't give exp. I had a similar idea way back when I first started playing and got a huge kill streak and 0 experience for all the work (both from the kills and from the streak bonus)

MrDaravon

I'm not sure if it applies there, but I think for most enemy encounters that are quest related, you don't get any XP bonuses for # of kills, or # of kills with one blow. In that screenshot it doesn't look like he did. As an example, the quest in act 3 in the Keeps where you can protect the blacksmith, I always get a Massacre pop-up, but you don't get any XP for it.

FaidSint

dVBBG.png

Remember people, when selling an item on the AH and checking for similar items, compare your stats and don't just put it up for the minimum!

Just sniped this socketed bad boy at 1d12h for 100k. Should sell for a bit, about 6m I'm hoping. Not bad for a quick flip.

turnbuckle

I'm not sure if it applies there, but I think for most enemy encounters that are quest related, you don't get any XP bonuses for # of kills, or # of kills with one blow. In that screenshot it doesn't look like he did. As an example, the quest in act 3 in the Keeps where you can protect the blacksmith, I always get a Massacre pop-up, but you don't get any XP for it.

Yup, most quest enemies don't give exp. The Jar of souls and the other quest in a similar room in the crypts do give exp and drops however.

Vicros

Can someone please post the full patch notes? battle.net is blocked at work :(

A whole lot of nothing:

General

We will soon begin limited testing on minor updates to Battle.net's communication and login functionality. Patch 1.0.6 includes some of the data for this testing, but please note that the changes will not be visible to players or impact your play experience in any way. For more information, please see this blog post.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that allowed players to bypass the one-second trade timer when exchanging items via the Trade window
Fixed an issue that caused the same item to occasionally drop for players using Threatening Shout with the Grim Harvest rune

To be fair, the game runs damn smooth (Think mines crashed 2 times in 400something hours of play) and I'm sure hopefully PvP is taking precedence over game tweaks atm.

alife

You got the LS on it too. Nice. The two I've found have been pretty meh.

Yeah, was pretty stoked after finding this, been finding a buncha crap lately, like shitty rolls on Manticore, Echoing Fury, and several Spirit Stones and some WD stuff.

So what's the Skorn worth? Checked the AH and found similar ones in same damage range around 400-800mil. Is that right?

Keikaku

So.. are gems now profitable? I mean the best quality

Radiant Star Emerald cost 22M
How much does it cost to make one if you're starting with the square ones you find?
It costs about 18M to craft a gem, including all costs, 20M if you don't have the recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom