• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I was just gonna gloat I think mine had 289.

I still dont see that ever being useful. I feel at the point you are saving life not taking damage from a shield a good second hand hitter with some LifeSteal/Life on Hit/Crit Damage will net you more EHP...especially from the increased AS you get from dual wielding.

I could be wrong? I feel as a Barb I only die cause I cant get hits off, a shield has nothing to do with that, if I'm going down its cause my WoB is on cooloff and I'm getting jailed/stunned too hard and cant get hits.

If say a DH is capable of caltropping me and vaulting away and continually shooting me, I know I'm going down lol. I have no idea how they will balance PvP lol seems like a mess in my head.

That's why I don't get why PvP is taking so long. I agree with a previous poster in that I just want them to shit it out so they can focus on the main game which needs attention. They've already said it's not going to be balanced, so I'm not sure what they're even doing. I'd rather they just get it out then spend a year making it only "kind of" broken.

Big Chungus

So it it safe to detach my authenticator now?

My password is pretty complex and has been since the game launched, the only reason why i attached it in the first place because I heard people hacked into Blizzards site and got a hold of some login info...

MrDaravon

So it it safe to detach my authenticator now?

My password is pretty complex and has been since the game launched, the only reason why i attached it in the first place because I heard people hacked into Blizzards site and got a hold of some login info...

Why wouldn't you keep it attached? There's literally no harm in having extra security just in case.

Talaysen

Hopping on, feeling good about tonight, I'm feeling like a pretty good set item is going to drop tonight!

Whos with me!?

Like this?

DfbCE.jpg

I don't know how much this is worth. Please tell me I can get nine digits!

(Oh and I also got a Natalya's Embrace like fifteen minutes later. Rolls were terrible. Not even 100 dex what the hell?)

Yes like that sets a plenty tonight. Except for me!

Ammostiel just got a Chantodos Force which was a 3klife 8k dps upgrade from the one he had.

balddemon

Banned
Like this?

DfbCE.jpg

(Oh and I also got a Natalya's Embrace like fifteen minutes later. Rolls were terrible. Not even 100 dex what the hell?)

yo dawg you should let me borrow that :D

--

When looking for gear, what stats do I need to prioritize? I'm nearly at 60% crit chance, but my DPS is still only 50k clean. Do I need to just get better weapons and find the same armor but with more strength?

Talaysen

When looking for gear, what stats do I need to prioritize? I'm nearly at 60% crit chance, but my DPS is still only 50k clean. Do I need to just get better weapons and find the same armor but with more strength?

For DPS, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed, main stat. For survivability, all res, life on hit and/or life steal, vitality, armor. If your DPS is that low with 60% crit, then you probably need a higher DPS weapon or more crit damage.

Yea thats kind of good the Life% really helps it but the stats dont...I had a similar one a bit better stats for 22M but that has Life % so you can probably get 30+. Thats my guess. Who knows though, people be crazy!

alife

Like this?

DfbCE.jpg

I sold one similar to yours a few weeks ago for 200mil. 167 STR, ~87 VIT, 80 AR, 822 base armor. I think it could've sold for more but I was impatient.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I could be wrong? I feel as a Barb I only die cause I cant get hits off, a shield has nothing to do with that, if I'm going down its cause my WoB is on cooloff and I'm getting jailed/stunned too hard and cant get hits.

Depends on what the rules for pvp are. If things are different enough to make shields viable in some way, they could be more valuable once the patch comes out.

I don't see shields ever being useful for pve though, no. Unless you're playing hardcore.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Ammostiel just got a Chantodos Force which was a 3klife 8k dps upgrade from the one he had.
To wit!

4W9a3.png

I'm rather surprised that the improvement was that significant.

A few good bracers yesterday and this today, before that a week of total drought. Oh random, you so random.

kennah

Great morning on the Auction House. Nabbed a 2k dps upgraded offhand for 10k. Equivalent weapons were selling for 9million. Sniped a 1d11h ring for 2million, comparable ones were 30 million. It was a 3k increase in dps, and now trying to sell my old one for 25million. Also waiting on some shoulders that will be a 62point (!) increase on my STR for 84k if there are no more bids in the next 20 minutes. Won't find out until I get home from work tonight and it's going to drive me craazzzzzyyyy! If I get them should put me over 2300 str.

Not a bad morning at all. Went from 81k dps to 87k for under 3million. Maybe I'll break 90!

M.D

So this wizard offhand dropped... then this ring dropped a couple seconds later (this is my second run today)

Xz8oO.jpg

Also found an ivory shield earlier that I don't even bother to id lol

Edit: Another ivory shield in the same run... wtf is going on Oo

MrDaravon

That Amulet is pretty godlike for a cold resist monk.

Finally sold some shit last night, and I'm now thinking about getting my Monk through Inferno, then starting up another new class and doing the same. When I started the Monk I was sitting on about 18 mil, and after cheaply gearing her and making some sales I wound up at about the same amount of money. Now with my sales last night I'm at about 30 mil, so I'm having this thought that I could get every class up to 60, spend no more than ~10 mil to cheaply gear them, then once I make that 10 mil back go on to the next class. Would possibly be a nice chance of pace, and would give me MP1 viable characters across all classes that could potentially be useful in the future if they make buffs/nerfs to certain classes. Only thing that sucks is I only have 2 Hellfire rings, and they're both Dex >_>. Although just power-leveling to 60 I suppose that probably wouldn't matter all that much I guess.

I would do a search without the armor and cold res and see what comparables come up. Then add whatever value you feel armor and cold res adds. Cold res only effects a specfic monk though so it limits the market of buyer. Amor is nice for everyone though.

windz

Was so out of it after work yesterday I sold a blackthorne's jousting mail (legs) for 1m instead of 10-12m :(. They had 60 all resists - woops.

How's the market doing for everybody else right now?

I haven't been able to sell anything for probably over a week. I've been finding lots of legendaries but none of them actually sell. I finally got a sale today for a depth diggers for 200k, which is absolute crap hey, whatever.

I've added pick up radius to my monk and actually have been making a decent amount of gold from that. Between a day and a half ago to now I've managed to make about 3.5m which is better than anything I have sold :p

alife

How's the market doing for everybody else right now?

I haven't been able to sell anything for probably over a week. I've been finding lots of legendaries but none of them actually sell. I finally got a sale today for a depth diggers for 200k, which is absolute crap hey, whatever.

I've added pick up radius to my monk and actually have been making a decent amount of gold from that. Between a day and a half ago to now I've managed to make about 3.5m which is better than anything I have sold :p

I'm having trouble selling this:
1m8zl.jpg

Weird.

windz

Love pickup radius. So annoyed that everyone else loves it too :)

Pickup radius is wonderful :D I only have 7 yards but that alone makes me so happy.

As for the market - it's been slow. Weekends seem to pickup a bit but I'm always pricing items cheapest by a fair amount and they still don't sell. Only the bigger ticket items (legendaries with good rolls) seem to sell consistently.

Edit: That sucks your Skorn isn't selling :( that is strange.

Rufus

Pickup radius is wonderful :D I only have 7 yards but that alone makes me so happy.
I recently side-graded my shoulders for the same amount. Fleeting shrines reminded me of how useful it is. Cost a few mil, but damned if it isn't convenient.

Cipherr

1m8zl.jpg

Weird.

Really? I had one with half that lifesteal, with all the other stats about the same, go for 75 million in literally no time. And that was only because I didnt know what I had, and set the buyout at 75 million instead of leaving it open for bidding. It sold in like under an hour.

I recently side-graded my shoulders for the same amount. Fleeting Shrines reminded me of how useful it is. Cost a few mil, but damned if it isn't convenient.

Im struggling with my upgrades for my Pants, Belt and shoulders because I dont want to give up the 14 yards of pick up radius I have. Its like pulling teeth finding it on great gear.

alife

That Chantodo's Force ^^ is so sick. Would love one for my wiz.

As for the market - it's been slow. Weekends seem to pickup a bit but I'm always pricing items cheapest by a fair amount and they still don't sell. Only the bigger ticket items (legendaries with good rolls) seem to sell consistently.

Edit: That sucks your Skorn isn't selling :( that is strange.

Auto-pick up for health pots would be dope.

Eh, at least my poop streak has ended. Probably back on now lol. Like dog$ said, random, random.

alife

Really? I had one with half that lifesteal, with all the other stats about the same, go for 75 million in literally no time. And that was only because I didnt know what I had, and set the buyout at 75 million instead of leaving it open for bidding. It sold in like under an hour.

Im struggling with my upgrades for my Pants, Belt and shoulders because I dont want to give up the 14 yards of pick up radius I have. Its like pulling teeth finding it on great gear.

Would you happen to know what the market values for Skorns are? I'm looking at the AH right now and the cheapest 1300 dmg Skorn with 5.9+ LS, 290+ STR, and CD 167% is 500mil. Then some low-to-mid 1200s ranging from 128mil-350mil. I've been trying different ranges of prices but still no bites. No bids either. Lowest price I put down for it though was 150mil. Am I overshooting?

Would you happen to know what the market values for Skorns are? I'm looking at the AH right now and the cheapest 1300 dmg Skorn with 5.9+ LS, 290+ STR, and CD 167% is 500mil. Then some low-to-mid 1200s ranging from 128mil-350mil. I've been trying different ranges of prices but still no bites. No bids either. Lowest price I put down for it though was 150mil. Am I overshooting?

I would put that sucker up for 100 million starting bid with bo buyout and see where it goes.

turnbuckle

1m8zl.jpg

Weird.

Trouble selling it? What are you pricing it at? I would buy it for 100 million right away if I saw it at that price, but you should be able to do better than that. If I had the means to, I'd drop 2-3 times that. Very nice Skorn, you gonna get paid. Just be patient!

kennah

Pretty much. It is such a high ticket item that you need to wait for someone who is actually shopping around for that to see it.

windz

Trouble selling it? What are you pricing it at? I would buy it for 100 million right away if I saw it at that price, but you should be able to do better than that. If I had the means to, I'd drop 2-3 times that. Very nice Skorn, you gonna get paid. Just be patient!

Yeah, wait for the weekend - it should sell for more than 100m.

alife

Yeah, figured as much. Just wanted to make sure that it should sell for over 100m. Been getting 50m offers in trade, lol.

turnbuckle

Yeah, figured as much. Just wanted to make sure that it should sell for over 100m. Been getting 50m offers in trade, lol.

I'd bet that a lot of people making those offers plan to re-sell it for several times that amount :p

I had an item listed for $125 for a couple weeks before it finally sold. The only time I'd be willing to sell at a big discount was if a new patch was coming out that promised more and better weapons or if there was some huge duping scandal that was targeted towards Skorns.

Also, if it were me I'd be selling that on the RMAH for blizzard bucks instead of the GAH. The 15% cut is killer on the GAH, and you never know when gold's value is going to plummet even further. The $40 in my balance was worth about 80 million gold 2 weeks ago, and is now closer to 120 million today. Real money's depreciation is virtually nonexistent, and I find I've had better luck selling items for $20+ than I would selling them for the converted gold price.

alife

I'd bet that a lot of people making those offers plan to re-sell it for several times that amount :p

I had an item listed for $125 for a couple weeks before it finally sold. The only time I'd be willing to sell at a big discount was if a new patch was coming out that promised more and better weapons or if there was some huge duping scandal that was targeted towards Skorns.

Also, if it were me I'd be selling that on the RMAH for blizzard bucks instead of the GAH. The 15% cut is killer on the GAH, and you never know when gold's value is going to plummet even further. The $40 in my balance was worth about 80 million gold 2 weeks ago, and is now closer to 120 million today. Real money's depreciation is virtually nonexistent, and I find I've had better luck selling items for $20+ than I would selling them for the converted gold price.

Some of them sounded like they actually believed it was worth less than 90m. Seems to me like most of the remaining player base are a buncha of market noobs or just people who expect to pay low-mid-tier prices for better items. Guess I just gotta wait for some high roller to come in and snag my Skorn. Whatever, I'm just glad I stopped getting shitty ass WD items. Do items roll better stats with higher Paragon levels? Starting to look that way. Man, fucking random ass Diablo. Random, random, random..

Yeah, I was thinking about the RMAH. Gold price seems to keep dropping.

Vodh

Don't put too much weight on the 5.9 LS - since it's not a perfect roll, most barbs won't care as long as it's above 5. Crit damage is something that should increase the value, but the market doesn't seem to care about a ~20% difference. Technically, you *should* be able to sell it for 150m, but it could take a really long time and the value of skorns could fall even further during that time. If you want to sell it relatively quickly, put it up for 100m, if you're willing to wait a bit, I'd say 120m, and if you want to keep trying for possibly weeks 150 sounds about right for this one in the current Skorn market.

The problem with yours is that it's pretty much straight out better than the 100m bunch (which might not mean that much, since some of the top dps 100m ones seem to be stuck on ah for more than a day) somewhat better than most of the <150m ones (but that;s just now, I guess if you wait a day there's a chance you'd grab a better one for 150m), but definitely worse than a 200m one, and the ones between 100m and 200m are all over the place and don't seem to move.

alife

Don't put too much weight on the 5.9 LS - since it's not a perfect roll, most barbs won't care as long as it's above 5. Crit damage is something that should increase the value, but the market doesn't seem to care about a ~20% difference. Technically, you *should* be able to sell it for 150m, but it could take a really long time and the value of skorns could fall even further during that time. If you want to sell it relatively quickly, put it up for 100m, if you're willing to wait a bit, I'd say 120m, and if you want to keep trying for possibly weeks 150 sounds about right for this one in the current Skorn market.

The problem with yours is that it's pretty much straight out better than the 100m bunch (which might not mean that much, since some of the top dps 100m ones seem to be stuck on ah for more than a day) somewhat better than most of the <150m ones (but that;s just now, I guess if you wait a day there's a chance you'd grab a better one for 150m), but definitely worse than a 200m one, and the ones between 100m and 200m are all over the place and don't seem to move.

Thanks man. Yeah, AH seems to fluctuate a shit ton. I thought it was odd too that I've seen a 100-200mil price difference between a ~1250 and a 1346. I just assume AH would give some crazy price indexes, but more accurate and less bullshit than Trade/General Chat, but it's always hard for me to make a good judgement call.

Vodh

Thanks man. Yeah, AH seems to fluctuate a shit ton. I thought it was odd too that I've seen a 100-200mil price difference between a ~1250 and a 1346. I just assume AH would give some crazy price indexes, but more accurate and less bullshit than Trade/General Chat, but it's always hard for me to make a good judgement call.

Oh yeah, definitely better than any chat. Chat might be a good thing if you're desperate for some cash and don't mind losing 30%+ of the value (on top of the AH tax) and when you already know how much the item should be worth on AH, but nothing else.

Vodh

Can anyone give me any suggestions on specifically what next 1-2 upgrades I should make?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/13326358

MP1 is a bit rougher than I would expect. I have 38k HP and 584 resists with OWE, which is more HP and double the resists my DH have, but elemental damage still completely wrecks me >_>. Wondering if maybe for MP1 my resists are okay, but I'm just not doing damage fast enough?

Get some life steal in addition to that LoH. You'll wreck MP1. And besides, later on life steal is pretty much mandatory anyways.

MrDaravon

Get some life steal in addition to that LoH. You'll wreck MP1. And besides, later on life steal is pretty much mandatory anyways.

Hmm, so maybe ditch the Vit on the WKL I have and get one with Dex/Socket/LS, or try to get an offhand that has both LS and LoH? IIRC outside of weapons only Barbs can get LS on barb belts I think.

I don't think that's good advice... Life Steal doesn't make much difference until you have monster DPS in my opinion.

I'd upgrade your mainhand weapon. AT your stats though, I'm not sure why you're struggling in MP1. I don't know too much about monks though :(

MrDaravon

Certain elite mobs just seem to be giving me trouble than I feel they should. I just hit Inferno and 60 with this Monk though, so it could partially just be me needing to make adjustments in how I play too.

RS4-

Hmm, so maybe ditch the Vit on the WKL I have and get one with Dex/Socket/LS, or try to get an offhand that has both LS and LoH? IIRC outside of weapons only Barbs can get LS on barb belts I think.

Get LoH, maybe try to get a minimum of 1k. You should be able to do MP3 with some management of elites. 1 and 2 should be a cake walk until you hit some really stupid mobs, which still shouldn't be that much of an issue.

I was and still am in the same position as you. My OWE resistances have been around 500 and my DPS, when I did MP3 was around 50k.

Here's mine anyway http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ihaveabeard-1932/hero/2490786 I swapped out the Blackthorne Cross shown there for another cross that has 130dex. I still have to find better rings and a Surcoat that actually has dex on it.

edit - maybe swap out seven sided? Blinding Flash helps me reset elite attack animations and gives me some breathing room. If you want to give up your amulet for LoH, Crosses grant a minimum of 500 I believe.

Ignore my comment about LoH as others are more knowledgeable than me in regards to LoH and LS.

Vodh

I don't think that's good advice... Life Steal doesn't make much difference until you have monster DPS in my opinion.

I'd upgrade your mainhand weapon. AT your stats though, I'm not sure why you're struggling in MP1. I don't know too much about monks though :(

I just figured a little life regen is all he really needs. 68k for monk is pretty damn good, with the 15% buff and MoC it's equivalent of 100+k on a wizard easily. All I know is that for my monk who has less HP, less AR and less DPS, getting more LoH and LS to boot made all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom