• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, was pretty stoked after finding this, been finding a buncha crap lately, like shitty rolls on Manticore, Echoing Fury, and several Spirit Stones and some WD stuff.

So what's the Skorn worth? Checked the AH and found similar ones in same damage range around 400-800mil. Is that right?

I didn't think they were that much when I checked last, but not sure. Price high to start always seems like good advice to me.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Near max DPS and near max Lifesteal make this Skorn really appealing. I don't know how much they're valued by barbarians, but the same thing with int as the main stat would make archon wizards squirm with envy.

larvi

I know very little about DHs, is this worth anything at all or should I just trash it ?

that would be worth a couple of mil on the us AH. Low dex but max discipline and hatred regen are sought after affixes for those. Do a search for putting in +9 max disc and hatred regen and see what the lowest one is and price it around that.

Oh man Uber Siegebreaker and ZK are a right pair of cunts.

Yes ... yes they are total pricks. Specifically ZK's bubble attack. It slows down resource and life regen enough to make tanking Siege impossible for me.

I can solo the other two fights on mp5 pretty easy too. Having a group is a postitive for that fight more so than the others because it helps to spread them if at all possible.

larvi

The insect breath does so much damage. It's the only reason I move at all during that fight.

Not to mention the bugs are pretty much the same color as the floor so I don't see them a lot of times. But zk/siege is definitely the hardest fight solo or if you don't have someone who can keep siege busy while others dispense of zk. I've solo'ed mp5 a couple of times and the zk/siege one I usually have to do multiple tries to get through it.

Especially when a barb can sometimes jump in and stun them before they even move at all.

I kinda miss running ubers every couple days.

Late night D3 is where its at.

O saw the post back, I think I'm keeping my Immortal belt on my Barb, and giving the Witching Hour to my Wizard. Gunna try and make one of those infinite freezing wizards, got a few pieces starting up, made a Attack Speed Int Hellfire yesterday. The belt was cheap anyways tho you can probably find a better one for a couple M.

What's going, I haven't found anything for days, maybe I should just take a brea--

jnsY7hGczNPJV.jpg

jbxEBO4h8PXE3Q.jpg

I can't remember the last time I ACTUALLY found an upgrade to my gear, but this is one :)!

Anustart

Cracked 100k dps with my WD finally. Just came back about 3 weeks ago from a long break. Finding or buying upgrades is getting ridiculous now. A good witching hour would boost me 15k or so, a good thing of the deep is another 10k. But then I lose set bonuses and everything is out of wack.

Just upgrading one piece now is an exercise in planning since I have to swap around multiple pieces to make sure I don't lose anything.

Found an IK belt tonight (brimstone'd), Tasker n Theo (Brimstone) and an Ivory Tower. If I had known it was an ivory tower I would have kept it unid'd for whoever collects them here for trolling.

profit

Damage isn't very good. AVG damage on that mojo is 140. You really want 200+ avg damage and probably 230+.

Thanks for your response. So, better to salvage it for brimstone then?
Wasnt there someone here who was switching over to WD? If you can use it, I'll be happy to give it to you (I'm on EU).

kennah

If I had known it was an ivory tower I would have kept it unid'd for whoever collects them here for trolling.

The picture on a legendary item is always of the final item you are getting. So you know what item it is before you identify - you just don't know the stats. So any white legendary shield will be an Ivory Tower. And so on.

Radec

Past few patches made it enjoyable. Market is saturated with cheap and exceptional rares/legendaries. Don't quit your day job if you plan to play for profit. 1.0.6 or 1.1 news should be around the corner since 1.0.5 has been out for awhile

I see.. No word on pvp ?

Cipherr

I see.. No word on pvp ?

Not until 1.1 I think. A recent blue post did mention that they will be giving details on PvP real soon, also we will be getting info on 1.7 in the coming weeks which is supposedly another large patch like the last one.

But honestly, I'm having a fuckload of fun with the game again, so its all just gravy at this point. Toss in infinite dungeons and let us choose the template and Ill be happy. Maybe some big upgrades to make crafting extremely valuable and whatnot. Toss in the enchanter tradeskill and the game would be amazing.

What's going, I haven't found anything for days, maybe I should just take a brea--

jnsY7hGczNPJV.jpg

I need a pair like that for my DH. Its gonna be expensive unless I find one.

Not until 1.1 I think. A recent blue post did mention that they will be giving details on PvP real soon, also we will be getting info on 1.7 in the coming weeks which is supposedly another large patch like the last one.

But honestly, I'm having a fuckload of fun with the game again, so its all just gravy at this point. Toss in infinite dungeons and let us choose the template and Ill be happy. Maybe some big upgrades to make crafting extremely valuable and whatnot. Toss in the enchanter tradeskill and the game would be amazing.

I need a pair like that for my DH. Its gonna be expensive unless I find one.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game too. I do think we need a couple things:

- Higher difficulties giving more rewards. I don't think you should be able to get BOTH better loot AND better exp, but either one. Right now, it's just much more rewarding playing the game at very low mps (or no mps at all). I played a higher mp level with my friend the other day to hunt for keys, and realized how fun it can be when the game is challenging, but then after hours of playing wouldn't find anything worth a damn, and went back to low MP.

- New legendaries, and new rolls for rares. I think rares should roll stuff that legendaries can't and vice-versa, to keep the market rolling. Right now I don't think you can sell rares at all in the game, and everybody just has legendary gear. I do think the game is a ton better than it was before when nobody could find ANYTHING worth a damn, but I think if rare gear can start rolling stuff that you wouldn't find on legendaries otherwise, people would be interested in both instead of just having all legendary gear.

The market is jacked, but the game is a lot more fun now. Both my WD and my monk are wearing items I found. I agree that they need to think of a way to boost the quality or rares. Adding unique rolls between legendary and rares would be cool.

I still disagree about the higher reward regarding MP levels. Farming has always been better and more efficient at faster rates. You get to use different skills farming too. Like my monk getting to use fleetfoot. I DO think they need to make using higher MP useful again in othe ways. Getting a servicable ring deincentivizes people from doing uber runs and people are mostly farming again at lower mp. They need to reincentivize ubers. Maybe give ubers a noticable boost for the chance at legendaries. Maybe have them drop a new material that can be used for improved crafting or something like that. Or possibly have a couple legendary items that can only drop from those ubers. Give them a lower drop rate than the organs and also make them bound to the account. I just feel like there should be ways to make higher MP more useful without just jacking up MF and EXP rewards.

Cipherr

The market is jacked, but the game is a lot more fun now. Both my WD and my monk are wearing items I found. I agree that they need to think of a way to boost the quality or rares. Adding unique rolls between legendary and rares would be cool.

I still disagree about the higher reward regarding MP levels. Farming has always been better and more efficient at faster rates. You get to use different skills farming too. Like my monk getting to use fleetfoot. I DO think they need to make using higher MP useful again in othe ways. Getting a servicable ring deincentivizes people from doing uber runs and people are mostly farming again at lower mp. They need to reincentivize ubers. Maybe give ubers a noticable boost for the chance at legendaries. Maybe have them drop a new material that can be used for improved crafting or something like that. Or possibly have a couple legendary items that can only drop from those ubers. Give them a lower drop rate than the organs and also make them bound to the account. I just feel like there should be ways to make higher MP more useful without just jacking up MF and EXP rewards.

Consumables might be a good way to go for that. Having ubers drop pots that give you temp buffs. But that might be a fairly anti diablo mechanic, so maybe not. Would be cool though to get a group effecting pot that gave everyone in the game the fleet footed shrines effects for 15 minutes or something like that.

Consumables might be a good way to go for that. Having ubers drop pots that give you temp buffs. But that might be a fairly anti diablo mechanic, so maybe not. Would be cool though to get a group effecting pot that gave everyone in the game the fleet footed shrines effects for 15 minutes or something like that.

Yeah ... something like that. Making uber runs useful for more than just ring drops is what needs to be done IMO. It keeps people doing something other than just EXP/Item farming in act III, keeps people key farming different acts and provides a reason to use higher MP other than just challenge. They're also pretty fun and a reason to group up. I like the MP/Uber mechanic they added to the game. Just gotta keep people doing it.

Talaysen

The picture on a legendary item is always of the final item you are getting. So you know what item it is before you identify - you just don't know the stats. So any white legendary shield will be an Ivory Tower. And so on.

You can also tell by the item level.

turnbuckle

One thing I'd like but could be in the minority is for all legendaries to be able to drop in all difficulties, but the range of the rolls and level requirement to equip depend on the level of the monster killed. There are tons of legendaries that I'll never ever see drop because they're very low level and some other fun legendaries that just aren't viable anymore. With monster power and power leveling being incredibly easy, outside of something like a leoric's signet or cain's set there's nothing really exciting about getting a legendary going 1-60 anymore. There isn't nearly enough variety in legendaries once you get to 60.

Also, elemental damage needs to start playing some kind of role. The way it stands now, getting weapons with 0 elemental damage is far more preferable. Cold Damage is the only element that has an effect, and that comes at the expense of lower damage potential.

Excuse me while I dream of a Leoric's signet with 6 crit and 250 strength :p

Anustart

Im a firm believer in a ladder system akin to D2. It woyld be a place where the economy isnt fucked all the time, new items, gold with value, new characters, etc. Without it, theres no saving the economy.

That sounds interesting too. A two socket 2H weapon dropped for me while leveling my WD. (Actuatlly it dropped for Raticus while he was powerleveling me). Our first thoughts were about how interesting the weapon would be if it were in inferno difficulties. It also seems like an easy way for them to "add" legendaries without really adding them.

Anustart

That sounds interesting too. A two socket 2H weapon dropped for me while leveling my WD. (Actuatlly it dropped for Raticus while he was powerleveling me). Our first thoughts were about how interesting the weapon would be if it were in inferno difficulties. It also seems like an easy way for them to "add" legendaries without really adding them.

They should add upping like in D2. A crafting recipe that promotes items. Have it reroll stats and go up in ilvl. The rerolling could change what stats are on it so nothing is guaranteed. This would make a lot more legendaries viable.

Edit: Those who spent real money are still fine. Nothing got deleted in d2 ladder system.

What do we tell those that spent real money(tm)?

I don't know why this question ever comes up. If you're spending money on a fluctuating online virtual world then you probably deserve whatever buyers remorse you get. People payed $250 for stormshields when the RMAH went live and they're worthless now even without blizzards intervention. It's not like people aren't still spending either. I put 100 million up in 5 chunks and it sold in seconds.

They should add upping like in D2. A crafting recipe that promotes items. Have it reroll stats and go up in ilvl. The rerolling could change what stats are on it so nothing is guaranteed. This would make a lot more legendaries viable.

Also a cool idea. Maybe have that tied to doing uber runs as well.

MrDaravon

Got my Monk to 60. Spent 7 mil on all of the equipment except for the two rings which I already had (and are why I chose to stack lightning resist). How'd I do? I specifically kept myself under 1 mil on each piece just to see what mileage I could get out of that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/13326358

There are fairly obvious upgrades in all areas, but I'm at 38k HP and 63k Damage without any buffs or Mantras excluding the Scoundrel. With OWE all of my resists are I think 581. I think I did alright. I'm still not completely sure what I should be doing weapon-wise, having a WKL seems to be the obvious choice for one hand, but for the other I'm not sure. Not spending the money for an echoing fury right now, are there any other specific set or Legendary one-handers I should be looking at? Also is the Scoundrel or the Enchantress best for the Monk? I've never touched the Enchantress. I messed around in MP1 Act 1 Inferno for a few minutes, I seemed to be doing fine against Elites, which is kind of crazy all things considered.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Thanks for runs last night with Fularu and KMD, and Soth from the day before.

Got my Monk to 60. Spent 7 mil on all of the equipment except for the two rings which I already had (and are why I chose to stack lightning resist). How'd I do? I specifically kept myself under 1 mil on each piece just to see what mileage I could get out of that.
I think you did fairly well.

By having a few million in holding and burning a hole in the pocket, I did the same fundamental thing as you have recently and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

My recommendation to you is get a Nat's ring with CC. I recently obtained a Witching Hour with AR and Lightning resist, and I transfer that, my Nat's ring, and my Inna's pants between my Wizard and Monk. A Nat's CC ring will be just as useful between your Monk and DH. 3CC rings are between 50M/100M now and dropping, and the set bonus from just the ring and boots is worth the price. I spent 140M on my ring weeks ago and don't regret it at all. It's probably the most essential single item that I currently have.

My weapons were found, and everything else cost less than 2M. When equipped, my Monk is at 81K DPS and 46K life. With the high CC, Deadly Reach and Cyclone proc great, and using Transcendence and Exalted Soul means that you have a high fuel tank to burn up and get life back for doing so. Spam Cyclone Strike every now and then if your Spirit is full and between that and LOH/LS, he can actually tank pretty decently.

The best followers are other players.

MrDaravon

Thanks for runs last night with Fularu and KMD, and Soth from the day before.

I think you did fairly well.

By having a few million in holding and burning a hole in the pocket, I did the same fundamental thing as you have recently and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

My recommendation to you is get a Nat's ring with CC. I recently obtained a Witching Hour with AR and Lightning resist, and I transfer that, my Nat's ring, and my Inna's pants between my Wizard and Monk. A Nat's CC ring will be just as useful between your Monk and DH. 3CC rings are between 50M/100M now and dropping, and the set bonus from just the ring and boots is worth the price. I spent 140M on my ring weeks ago and don't regret it at all. It's probably the most essential single item that I currently have.

My weapons were found, and everything else cost less than 2M. When equipped, my Monk is at 81K DPS and 46K life. With the high CC, Deadly Reach and Cyclone proc great, and using Transcendence and Exalted Soul means that you have a high fuel tank to burn up and get life back for doing so. Spam Cyclone Strike every now and then if your Spirit is full and between that and LOH/LS, he can actually tank pretty decently.

The best followers are other players.

Yeah, a Nat Ring + boots would be in the cards, the problem being that getting both that would actually be an upgrade over my existing ring/boots is going to be expensive. I use a stat calculator, and I could get a pair of so-so Nat boots on the cheapish (like 170 dex) with AR and LR for maybe 2 mil. The problem is the ring; a low dex roll with 9% IAS is actually a loss for me damage-wise, as well as losing a good amount of LR and AR. If I actually spend money and gear this character out that'll be the plan, but I'm probably going to muck around with her a bit and clear Inferno first and see how I feel about all that.

RS4-

I've been really frugal with my monk since I never had much money to begin with. I think this is the first time I've ever had more than 1 million, but never even saw 2 million in my bank lol. So I think I spent less than 3m over the past month or so to hit 70k DPS. If I swap to a 24% movement speed set of boots/bracers I lose like 10k. I'm still missing out on Inna's pants and the Nat ring/feet though.

Did decide to gear out the enchantress today (after using scoundrel for the longest time). Grabbed some high int rings/ammy and a 300int Maximus. I think she's up to 7k dps.

turnbuckle

Last weekend I decided to make 1 intelligence ring to give to my enchantress. I've made only 1 intelligence ring ever, and this is what I got:

nVWT7.png

The game is trolling me. It took me over a dozen to get something comparable with strength. My wizard roommate was slightly jealous since it resulted in about a 20k dps increase over his own intelligence ring :p

Anustart

Last weekend I decided to make 1 intelligence ring to give to my enchantress. I've made only 1 intelligence ring ever, and this is what I got:

The game is trolling me. It took me over a dozen to get something comparable with strength. My wizard roommate was slightly jealous since it resulted in about a 20k dps increase over his own intelligence ring :p

I play WD, first Hellfire I rolled had +31-63 damage, +7 (maybe 8%)ias and Crit chance. Was stoked :D And it's still the only one i've made.

Edit: Also found some amulets to bid on on the gah, hopefully this last one goes through. It would be an insane improvement.

turnbuckle

I play WD, first Hellfire I rolled had +31-63 damage, +7 (maybe 8%)ias and Crit chance. Was stoked :D And it's still the only one i've made.

Ooh, average damage roll with all the rest is very nice. I started leveling up a new wizard when I got this ring :p

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Damn, wish I would've got this drop 5 months ago.

9hXzq.jpg

Oh well. Guess I'll hold onto it. Maybe it'll be worth something when the pvp patch drops.

Got one that has 284 str and 140 dex :(

I was just gonna gloat I think mine had 289.

I still dont see that ever being useful. I feel at the point you are saving life not taking damage from a shield a good second hand hitter with some LifeSteal/Life on Hit/Crit Damage will net you more EHP...especially from the increased AS you get from dual wielding.

I could be wrong? I feel as a Barb I only die cause I cant get hits off, a shield has nothing to do with that, if I'm going down its cause my WoB is on cooloff and I'm getting jailed/stunned too hard and cant get hits.

If say a DH is capable of caltropping me and vaulting away and continually shooting me, I know I'm going down lol. I have no idea how they will balance PvP lol seems like a mess in my head.

RS4-

What's up with the AH? Sorting by time remaining, the earliest ones are at 3 hours. Wanted to spend a few mins and see if I could snipe anything

larvi

What's up with the AH? Sorting by time remaining, the earliest ones are at 3 hours. Wanted to spend a few mins and see if I could snipe anything

Because the AH was down for several hours the other day no one could start new auctions that are ending now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom