• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So a guy paid 40 billion for the "best" echoing fury in the world

HdRjg.png

Rough estimate of $16k USD. Good to see this game is in the Ultima online/Eve online realm of craziness for virtual goods

http://www.twitch.tv/hieven/b/344164369

Here's a vod of his reaction, you could tell he's genuinely excited for it in the first few minutes lol(also wtf only paragon level 50ish)

Sorry for two posts like this so close together, but the only hats with similar stats to this one are a couple tals helms that have 100 mil buyouts.

Anyone know a relative value of this thing?

cV0hZ.png

Get rid of the poison resistance and see if more comes up. Whoever is interested in the helm won't care about the stat. More should be available on your search too.

For reference my WD helm with 190 INT, SOC, 13 Mana Regen, 4.5 CC, 72 AR and +12 to locust swarm is only 5-6 million.

Anustart

Get rid of the poison resistance and see if more comes up. Whoever is interested in the helm won't care about the stat. More should be available on your search too.

For reference my WD helm with 190 INT, SOC, 13 Mana Regen, 4.5 CC, 72 AR and +12 to locust swarm is only 5-6 million.

I didn't search for the poison, only int, vit, ar, crit, socket.

I didn't search for the poison, only int, vit, ar, crit, socket.

Then the CC being set at 6 is throwing it off. possibly the VIT too. Did you low ball CC and put in 5 to see what restults you get then?

Worst case toss it up for a ton and see if anyone bites. It's a pretty sweet helm.

Anustart

Still hard to judge. Dropped it down to 3 and there's only 3 pages and most of them barring 1 or 2 have incredibly high prices, also barring the wd ones which have less value as does most wd equipment.

I'll just set it and high and see what happens.

Vodh

Sorry for two posts like this so close together, but the only hats with similar stats to this one are a couple tals helms that have 100 mil buyouts.

Anyone know a relative value of this thing?

cV0hZ.png

Just did a quick search on EU and
botzH.jpg
is sitting at 25m B/O and hasn't sold for the past 10 hours. So I'm guessing you might get 15m for yours, maybe a bit less. Definitely not 100m. Unless you're US and the situation is drastically different up there for some reason.

turnbuckle

so guys other than getting a hellfire for meh barb whats the deal I die waay to much on mp1.... I really dont want to stop using sprint either seems like it helps though but <3 sprint soo much...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/28728058

Before commenting on your gear, let me make some suggestions on your build:
Switch the sprint rune to Run like the wind.
Switch your battle rage rune to Into the Fray.
Unless you're going for a pure exp grind build (and it doesn't look like you are) I'd strongly recommend dropping unforgiving for Superstition. Superstition + Whirlwind + WoTB + Into the fray + Run like the wind is a great combination when for general play and wonderful against elites/champs.

As for your survival, the very obvious answer is HP. You're sitting on an incredibly low amount of life. A cheap suggestion would be to make a vitality hellfire ring, but if you're willing to sacrifice some resist or strength you could get shoulders or chest gear with a lot of vitality for a pretty low price. If you're dead set on using that echoing fury (and I don't think you should be with that particular one) then I'd move that to your main hand and find yourself a sword or dagger with crit damage, a socket, and lifesteal. Having 2 slow weapons (even after considering EF) isn't too helpful with the WW build. But if you're on a budget and not looking to buy a weapon, I'd say you should put that Echoing Fury in your main hand and your mace in your offhand. Your tornado damage is based off your main hand weapon, and you'll do a fair bit more damage with the EF in the main hand. I'm guessing that EF is one you borrowed from your monk :p

If you're gonna use Wrath of the Berserker, generally Thrive on Chaos is much better than insanity. Double Damage is nice, but even without practice you can extend the length of WotB by 5-10 seconds with the thrive rune; and once you get the hang of it you can have it going for a minute to several minutes at a time depending on the situation.

I've given away a bunch of stuff so I'm in a bit of a short supply atm, but if you wanna add me I can see if I have anything available I can hook ya up with - no charge, of course.

Turnbuckle#1273

My build on there is just something i was goofing around with :p

Rufus

Just did a quick search on EU and
botzH.jpg
is sitting at 25m B/O and hasn't sold for the past 10 hours. So I'm guessing you might get 15m for yours, maybe a bit less. Definitely not 100m. Unless you're US and the situation is drastically different up there for some reason.
Now if that were STR instead of INT...

RS4-

Neoism, I'll check if I still have the str EF still in my stash. Not sure if I sold it earlier though.

edit - nm, sold it :(

windz

Today is a good day. A "jackpot" item. Yay

amulett.png

So all week I've been advertising this on D2jsp and the D3 trading forums, had a bunch of offers and inquiries, most recent being 380m. I was gonna put a res of 500m and bin of 700m today...but I woke up and there's an 850m bid on the AH...so I guess that'll be it! Haha. 722.5m after the cut.

3 hours left on the auction...

neoism

Before commenting on your gear, let me make some suggestions on your build:
Switch the sprint rune to Run like the wind.
Switch your battle rage rune to Into the Fray.
Unless you're going for a pure exp grind build (and it doesn't look like you are) I'd strongly recommend dropping unforgiving for Superstition. Superstition + Whirlwind + WoTB + Into the fray + Run like the wind is a great combination when for general play and wonderful against elites/champs.

As for your survival, the very obvious answer is HP. You're sitting on an incredibly low amount of life. A cheap suggestion would be to make a vitality hellfire ring, but if you're willing to sacrifice some resist or strength you could get shoulders or chest gear with a lot of vitality for a pretty low price. If you're dead set on using that echoing fury (and I don't think you should be with that particular one) then I'd move that to your main hand and find yourself a sword or dagger with crit damage, a socket, and lifesteal. Having 2 slow weapons (even after considering EF) isn't too helpful with the WW build. But if you're on a budget and not looking to buy a weapon, I'd say you should put that Echoing Fury in your main hand and your mace in your offhand. Your tornado damage is based off your main hand weapon, and you'll do a fair bit more damage with the EF in the main hand. I'm guessing that EF is one you borrowed from your monk :p

If you're gonna use Wrath of the Berserker, generally Thrive on Chaos is much better than insanity. Double Damage is nice, but even without practice you can extend the length of WotB by 5-10 seconds with the thrive rune; and once you get the hang of it you can have it going for a minute to several minutes at a time depending on the situation.

I've given away a bunch of stuff so I'm in a bit of a short supply atm, but if you wanna add me I can see if I have anything available I can hook ya up with - no charge, of course.

Turnbuckle#1273

My build on there is just something i was goofing around with :p
lol thanks for the info I'm not gonna use that echo it is meh monk I'm just broke as a joke... lol I did about 20 runs today for xp because I have no mf mostly had marathon for sprint to just get through the level quick only got one shitty leg.. :(....added you...

Neoism, I'll check if I still have the str EF still in my stash. Not sure if I sold it earlier though.

edit - nm, sold it :(

no worries man thanks anyway.. :p

turnbuckle

lol thanks for the info I'm not gonna use that echo it is meh monk I'm just broke as a joke... lol I did about 20 runs today for xp because I have no mf mostly had marathon for sprint to just get through the level quick only got one shitty leg.. :(....added you...

no worries man thanks anyway.. :p

Yup, np man. I think you'll find you kill enemies faster and keep going if you use the run like the wind with into the fray. Should overall be quicker for you to grind exp :)

neoism

Yup, np man. I think you'll find you kill enemies faster and keep going if you use the run like the wind with into the fray. Should overall be quicker for you to grind exp :)

just used it a bit before I quit those tornadoes are nice... will use. Will stick with unforgiving for a while not having any fury regen sucks but I use sprint even if their are no enemies just to keep moving quickly through the levels... will be on tomorrow little burnt out... lol got to PL11 already seems like it took forever with my monk.

Anustart

Wondering if I under priced my Bul Kathos Solemn Vow :/

It had no socket, so it wasn't worth a ton, but it had 1124 dps, 11ias, 190 str and 732 LoH. I put it up for 5 million b/o and it sold within minutes!

Did I mess up or get lucky gaf?

turnbuckle

just used it a bit before I quit those tornadoes are nice... will use. Will stick with unforgiving for a while not having any fury regen sucks but I use sprint even if their are no enemies just to keep moving quickly through the levels... will be on tomorrow little burnt out... lol got to PL11 already seems like it took forever with my monk.

Yeah, if survival isn't that much of an issue, unforgiving is wonderful. If you can get it paired with the IK set it's even more amazing. I recommended superstition more for how incredible it is as a survival / rage generator when you're doing higher monster power and ubers. The Ghom/Rak uber in particular is a joke with Superstition and Thrive on Chaos.

turnbuckle

It had no socket, so it wasn't worth a ton, but it had 1124 dps, 11ias, 190 str and 732 LoH. I put it up for 5 million b/o and it sold within minutes!

11ias is what made that worth a lot. A lot of WW barbs really underestimate the value of a fast off-hand + ias.

kennah

20 points away from Maximum possible damage, max IAS, good LOH, 10 points from max str. What was the random prop?

RS4-

20 points away from Maximum possible damage, max IAS, good LOH, 10 points from max str. What was the random prop?

What if I have one that has like 990 DPS, but 250+ str with 11IAS and 800 LoH. Can I expect something similar, maybe not 5 million but around there?

edit - nm, just looked at AH. Maybe I'd get a million or so. On a lucky day I suppose.

Anustart

Those were the only properties. Perhaps I rolled a damage modifier?

Edit: Never thought I'd do it, but I'm pretty close to crafting my first radiant star gem :/ Paragon just pushing me to hard, gotta have that +31% exp. Have 2 perfect star rubies, and 3 stars. Need 6 more stars and I'm there.

windz

Those were the only properties. Perhaps I rolled a damage modifier?

Edit: Never thought I'd do it, but I'm pretty close to crafting my first radiant star gem :/ Paragon just pushing me to hard, gotta have that +31% exp. Have 2 perfect star rubies, and 3 stars. Need 6 more stars and I'm there.

That's pretty damn impressive. I've always thought about trying to craft a high gem but I always end up just buying one...don't have the patience :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Fuuu dat troll amulet :(

Nh0sN.jpg

So all week I've been advertising this on D2jsp and the D3 trading forums, had a bunch of offers and inquiries, most recent being 380m. I was gonna put a res of 500m and bin of 700m today...but I woke up and there's an 850m bid on the AH...so I guess that'll be it! Haha. 722.5m after the cut.

Yeah always sell on the AH unless you're selling services, or something worth more than 2bil. No reason not to use the AH. You'll always get more money there.

kennah

Screenshot095.jpg

Is this good? Dumb Barbarian is Dumb. Closest I can find to it is an 80million buyout in the AH, but no bids on its 40million reserve. There is one very similar with bids sitting at 10 million with 8 hours left.

I'm also tempted to keep it. Decisions decisions.

windz

Fuuu dat troll amulet :(

Nh0sN.jpg

Yeah always sell on the AH unless you're selling services, or something worth more than 2bil. No reason not to use the AH. You'll always get more money there.

Yeah, I feel like I would have gotten a 500mill offer on d2jsp. It was just such a hassle, constantly bumping, constant messages, horrible offers... lol.

The AH came through for sure.

BTW that amulet...when I get gear like that I say "at least it's trying to be good" :p lol

Anustart

11ias is what made that worth a lot. A lot of WW barbs really underestimate the value of a fast off-hand + ias.

So when you say fast offhand with ias is good, how about this thing? I found it days ago and haven't done anything with it. Is it valuable? I checked ah as usual and cannot get an accurate read due to disparity in pricing and attack speed differences.

E8bIa.png

Edit: Even the name is appropriate!

So a guy paid 40 billion for the "best" echoing fury in the world

HdRjg.png

Rough estimate of $16k USD. Good to see this game is in the Ultima online/Eve online realm of craziness for virtual goods

http://www.twitch.tv/hieven/b/344164369

Here's a vod of his reaction, you could tell he's genuinely excited for it in the first few minutes lol(also wtf only paragon level 50ish)

The funny thing is, 6 months from here it's going to be worth a lot less than that. It's still gonna be good, but not 40b good :p

alife

We should be friends. ;]

lol @ 40bil Echoing Fury. Crazy. What would 40bil be worth in USD? #toolazytomath
But deeeyum, I'd go on vacation with that shit or something. Poor bastard, come next content patch, it will lose most value.

alife

That's pretty damn impressive. I've always thought about trying to craft a high gem but I always end up just buying one...don't have the patience :(

No kidding. I found a Radiant Star Emerald plan and a few Perfect Star Emerald plans, but never crafted them lol

Trying to get back into Diablo and I have no clue where to start. The last I remember was farming Azmodan Inferno with some geared friends.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Affixlol-2209/hero/5542112

That's my Monk, it's heavily undergeared so any tips would be helpful!

I'd check out this Monk's gear setup, seems legit: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Apollo-1813/hero/14689742

windz

Holy hell, 40 billion? Lol. Would be amazing to find something like that.

I found 3 legendaries in 1 run when I was paragon lvl 43 earlier tonight. After that run, from 43.5-45 I haven't found a single one.

Blizzard pls.

Dahbomb

We should be friends. ;]

lol @ 40bil Echoing Fury. Crazy. What would 40bil be worth in USD? #toolazytomath
But deeeyum, I'd go on vacation with that shit or something. Poor bastard, come next content patch, it will lose most value.
It's in the post, roughly 16 grand American.

We should be friends. ;]

One person estimated it at around $16k hahaha.

I find it funny, cause you know, you could buy a car IRL with that crap :p

M.D

First legendary today

At first I was like "meh, a mace, probably lame"

.... echoing fury

plz be good plz be good plz be good

RXyeq.jpg

fuck you blizzard

M.D

Bought lacuni braces with 80STR and 3.5 cc today. They also have 34 lighting res which I wasn't looking for, but are nice to have since I lost 61AR and 44FR, but they more then make up for it.

They gave me more than 6K DPS, but the real difference is the movement speed. WW is so much better now :) plus, I just remembered they also give 9IAS

Up next is the witching hour, I need to get one with good AR so I don't lose too much from the 77 I have on my current one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom