• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
So when you say fast offhand with ias is good, how about this thing? I found it days ago and haven't done anything with it. Is it valuable? I checked ah as usual and cannot get an accurate read due to disparity in pricing and attack speed differences.

E8bIa.png

Edit: Even the name is appropriate!

no that's really bad without any native crit dmg or a socket, you should let me borrow it

alife

O____O But where the hell would I start to get that kind of gear? I'm super poor. Is there any good farming spots?

Nothing's really changed, just new content. Run Inferno Act 1 over and over again until you get decent DPS, then move on to Act 3 for mob density (Alkaizer route is popular). That's about it... keep killing the same shit till it drops a pretty item, sell on AH, profit, shop, etc. You'll start to see better drops and stat rolls too as your Paragon level increases, at least in my experience. But first thing I would do is hit up the AH and find the best upgrades I can afford, farm and sell more items, get more DPS, then when you can 1 shot everything in Act 3, you can try out the Alkaizer method. I personally run quest 3 up to Seigebreaker. I've never really found anything good from doing the last half of Act 3 and always found it tedious anyways. My favorite spots in Act 3 though are all the extra barracks/underbridge/etc. and of course the ice caves.

Or buy a Goldskin with 100% GF, stack GF on other cheap gear, and run Act 3 Hell all day lol.

In sum, Act 3 is where it's at.

Awesome :)

Any idea if the lighting res adds value?

I'm guessing it adds some value, but for int classes specific res' are not that great. They already have 2k+ int which racks up a few points of res, specially since I don't think lightning is as critical a res as fire or poison.

It's still a plus, though.

Ugh plaed Ubers MP8 last night went 1/3

Played two keyruns tonight at MP6+7 and got no act 2 key.

Played Ubers MP7 today and get no fang the piece I need but get the other two pieces.

Fuck this stupid game.

Wtf. Havent had anything good drop in weeks.

alife

Ugh plaed Ubers MP8 last night went 1/3

Played two keyruns tonight at MP6+7 and got no act 2 key.

Played Ubers MP7 today and get no fang the piece I need but get the other two pieces.

Fuck this stupid game.

Wtf. Havent had anything good drop in weeks.

Key farming sucks :/

Did 1 MP6 and two 7 ubers. MP6 run got a spine (3/4 people in group got it), fang (4/4), no stupid ass eye (2/4). First MP7 run got a spine, no fang, and finally first eye. Made an okay Hellfire ring. Then on my last MP7 run, got a spine and fang, but again no damn eye >_<. So now I've got 2 spines and a fang. Stupid.

MrDaravon

Nothing's really changed, just new content. Run Inferno Act 1 over and over again until you get decent DPS, then move on to Act 3 for mob density (Alkaizer route is popular). That's about it... keep killing the same shit till it drops a pretty item, sell on AH, profit, shop, etc. You'll start to see better drops and stat rolls too as your Paragon level increases, at least in my experience. But first thing I would do is hit up the AH and find the best upgrades I can afford, farm and sell more items, get more DPS, then when you can 1 shot everything in Act 3, you can try out the Alkaizer method. I personally run quest 3 up to Seigebreaker. I've never really found anything good from doing the last half of Act 3 and always found it tedious anyways. My favorite spots in Act 3 though are all the extra barracks/underbridge/etc. and of course the ice caves.

Or buy a Goldskin with 100% GF, stack GF on other cheap gear, and run Act 3 Hell all day lol.

In sum, Act 3 is where it's at.

Wait, is that actually a thing?

MrDaravon

No, I mean I'm familiar with that piece of equipment. But is using that and stacking GF and running Act 3 Hell viable or something that people do?

alife

No, I mean I'm familiar with that piece of equipment. But is using that and stacking GF and running Act 3 Hell viable or something that people do?

I just brought it up because I have a friend that recently got back into D3 just like I did a few weeks ago, but would rather farm gold than legendaries, so he just stacks around 260+GF on his gear, and waxes mobs all day in Hell. He only has like 20k DPS on his Monk. So for tc91, who only has ~9k dps, I'd suggest gold farming if he doesn't wanna farm mobs, at least he will get some good starter money.

I don't think gold farming is viable at all in this game unless you're a botter, imo. I never looked at the Diablo games as games where I needed to make a shit ton of gold by picking it up everywhere and doing it over and over again. It's all about killing shit till they drop shit. Legendary/godly item farming is already tedious and long enough, but gold farming? I just don't see any incentives for it if you're trying to reach top-tier gear levels.

Cipherr

I dont know how viable it is, but I have definitely heard of not so well geared people stacking GF gear and running high MP Hell in Act 3. No idea if its worthwhile or not.

Rufus

You probably wouldn't have to do it for long considering the prices right now. Getting to a point where you can farm MP0 Act 3 or any act on MP1 or MP2 seems rather easy.

Vodh

Just did a quick run of MP10 Core of Arreat on Hell and I've seen 2 stacks of gold that were over 1000, but just barely. Even MP0 gives you better gold drops, so maybe it's a good idea for people who have just hit 60 and don't feel ready for MP0 yet, but definitely doesn't warrant buying a Goldsking which is 790k on EU right now. 790k should easily get you stuff that would make you able to start running MP0 A3 (maybe not at a superb speed, but still better than MP10 hell since you're getting comparable gold and have a chance to drop the best items in the game.)

Anustart

GAF, what you think about this ring I found while playing with neoism? Is it purty?

4BjfP.png

Bidding is up to 55 million so far. It seems to be the best strength litany on the ah!

Edit: Theres another Litany on the ah now, 7 hours from close at 124 million bid. It's stats are just slightly lower than mine. If bidding is near the same for me, looks like neoism will make 10 million :)

M.D

Why is life steal not working for me? I'm at 109K DPS with Battle Rage.. I thought life steal should be working well with 100+ DPS?

Edit:

Man, I feel bad about getting so many legendaries lol

Got 2 earlier and now got 3 in the same run minutes from each other in depths 3 & 2

Anyone need an ivory shield? =P

IlludiumQ36

3 Hellfire Rings crafted to date. Strike that - 3 FOLLOWER rings crafted. Absolute garbage.

I don't think I can bring myself to attempt a fourth. the reward is far less than the investment.

MrDaravon

Just rotate the acts you farm and you'll get keys without noticing.

That's what I've been doing mostly. If I'm playing solo I'll still usually do MP1 (but sometimes 2 or 3), but once I eventually get 3-4 keys for that act I'll switch. Act 3 is where it is at in general, so usually when I do the Act 1/2 runs I'll bump it up to MP 2 or 3 to try to move on a tad faster.

kennah

Screenshot095.jpg

Sold for 30 million! Weird, when I was searching initially there were ones that were better with a 12 million buyout. Guess you can never tell.

And I'm still 10 million short on a Natalaya's Mark or Socketed (or crit) Gaze

neoism

Bidding is up to 55 million so far. It seems to be the best strength litany on the ah!

Edit: Theres another Litany on the ah now, 7 hours from close at 124 million bid. It's stats are just slightly lower than mine. If bidding is near the same for me, looks like neoism will make 10 million :)

your to kind... :p

MrDaravon

So close :(

QgRfe.jpg

I'm assuming the Dex is fairly irrelevant to Barbs though? On the AH searching by 190 Str and 70 Vit it's only worth maybe a couple of million, but there's nothing at all comparable with that much Dex. Also got the low roll on the CC though, so that hurts also.

As an aside, is anyone finding plans out the ass all of a sudden? I probably hadn't seen one in two weeks, then three Alkaizer runs in a row I got 3+ plans each time. All rares so nothing exciting, but really bizarre.

MrDaravon

How many characters do you have?!

If I can confirm that the Dex is basically worthless, it's only worth maybe 2 mil and I'll just give it to you in that case.

kennah

I have 3 60's and am working on getting the other two. Dex is pretty much worthless sadly. But i had a windfall today so I don't mind giving two million for it.

manfestival

I want to give props to kennah ammostiel and jim for showing me the ropes last night. Was great actually getting into the real meat of the game and getting to experience the endgame. Also big thanks to jim for all the help on making my barb go from bad to awesome

So I'm up to level 27 on Act 2 of Normal and I noticed the Jeweler and Blacksmith require the Pages items to train again. Do they ever drop on Normal? If not should I just buy them on the AH?

kennah

So I'm up to level 27 on Act 2 of Normal and I noticed the Jeweler and Blacksmith require the Pages items to train again. Do they ever drop on Normal? If not should I just buy them on the AH?

Don't bother training them at all until you hit level 60. Pages drop in Nightmare, Tomes drop in Hell, Tomes of Secrets drop in Inferno.

Don't bother training them at all until you hit level 60. Pages drop in Nightmare, Tomes drop in Hell, Tomes of Secrets drop in Inferno.

A lot of my best gear has come from the blacksmith, though, and that would leave me with tons of gold. Should I be selling magic items instead of salvaging them then?

kennah

Yes, yes you should. In the time you spend farting around with the blacksmith, you'll be finding drops that are just as good anyway :)

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Yea the only thing you really should do is try and hit lvl 60 asap with exp gear and a ruby in the helm.

Other than that just always try out each new skill. Some skills don't sound too great but play out really well you'll find. The first playthroughs are actually interesting in a completely different way as the later playthroughs.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I want to give props to kennah ammostiel and jim for showing me the ropes last night. Was great actually getting into the real meat of the game and getting to experience the endgame. Also big thanks to jim for all the help on making my barb go from bad to awesome
I'll have to see if I can convince Jim to register here, though I don't think he would necessarily ever post.

Regardless - I'm glad that we were able to help you out. Assistance and teamwork like this is one aspect to this game which I always appreciate and desire to provide.

I don't even bother playing alone anymore. Too boring.

This guy had an epic moment yesterday, down to just him running around Skeleton King/Maghda uber for what seemed like ten minutes or longer just trying to get res's. Finally got one and we ended up beating them.

Was pretty nuts.

balddemon

Banned
finals weeks...i wish i had studied cumulatively for all my previous tests lol. and started my research paper already.

as it is, i won't be playing much diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom