• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

I got sidetracked for the past week or so while I finished up far cry 3. Great game, btw. If you have a decent PC you should play it. Anyway...back to the Diablo grind. Did I miss anything the past couple weeks?

You might have missed the rollout of the much-anticipated 1.0.6 patch that hit last week. Otherwise, nothing other than some guy sold an echoing fury for around 8,000 euros.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
basically, if you have time you should pick up everything outside of most 2 handed weapons. A level 58 1 handed weapon may not have great damage on it, but if the affixes are right you could hit a jackpot. I made $125 off a 1-handed might weapon with sub-500 dps because of the affixes.

If you don't have time or patience to pick up all the yellows (I don't, either) I'd focus on 1-handers, pants, chests, rings, ammys, shoulders, gloves, bracers.

Well, I think that's still 90% of what drops so I dunno what to tell ya :p I have a feeling shields are going to go up in value once pvp comes out though, so I'm starting to pick those up again.

You should really pick up all yellows now, well at least all yellow armor. You think someone is gonna pass on trifecta gloves with sick rolls because the base armor is lower? Even some lower level weapons have a chance to roll good damage too. Butchers Sickle is lvl 59 and can't even be brimstoned. Yet people get good rolls (900+ DPS w/ elemental dmg and % dmg) and some sell for 100's of millions.

EDIT: beaten

Do you mean that every single MP drop can roll i63 affixes? Also, don't i61 and lower rare items get only 4-5 affixes? I was thinking of going for 6-affix rares only.

RS4-

I was hoping that a good Skorn would drop, instead I end up with this:

iDYwNtRuiEnyW.jpg

Ended up replacing the Maximus that was on my Enchantress instead.

Waiting for Bnet to update my profile so I can link it here for some tips. Currently at 71k DPS. But I have 0 LS and around 480 LOH. I think my CC is 30ish and CD is at 309.

Do you mean that every single MP drop can roll i63 affixes? Also, don't i61 and lower rare items get only 4-5 affixes? I was thinking of going for 6-affix rares only.

That is correct. i58 items will roll i63 stats when dropped on MP1 or higher. Tghe rolls are based on monster level rather than location or act. Since each monster on mp1 and higher is 63, all drops have a chance to roll max rolls. I wasn't aware of lower ilvl items rolling less affixes. That would be news to me.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
That is correct. i58 items will roll i63 stats when dropped on MP1 or higher. I wasn't aware of lower ilvl items rolling less affixes. That would be news to me.

I'm just going off crafting, really. Are you telling me even the number of affixes can be as high as 6 regardless of ilvl?

Cipherr

I have 24% MS, but same difference practically speaking :p. It is baffling that the DH movement passive doesn't let you break the 25% cap.

Ball Lightning + Vault with Tumble rune, Tactical Advantage, Nightstalker all added together with 50+% crit chance 24% movement speed and around 40 total discipline (at least) and you can keep up with the fastest and baddest Monks and WW perma-SuperSayjin Barbs in the game. It takes a lot of skills in unison, but at lower MP levels, you can easily sacrifice 2 passives and 1 active slot for the ability to outrun every other class in the game.

Noone can outrun us if we are using that combo of skills and passives. We cover ground faster than all of them. A few BL elemental arrows into a mass of enemies just refills your entire discipline bar. Its great.

turnbuckle

Ball Lightning + Vault with Tumble rune, Tactical Advantage, Nightstalker all added together with 50+% crit chance 24% movement speed and around 40 total discipline (at least) and you can keep up with the fastest and baddest Monks and WW perma-SuperSayjin Barbs in the game. It takes a lot of skills in unison, but at lower MP levels, you can easily sacrifice 2 passives and 1 active slot for the ability to outrun every other class in the game.

Noone can outrun us if we are using that combo of skills and passives. We cover ground faster than all of them. A few BL elemental arrows into a mass of enemies just refills your entire discipline bar. Its great.

Yeah, I was in a group with 3 friends the other day grinding out some exp in act 3. An archon wizard, a demon hunter, another barbarian, and me (barbarian). I made sure I had my spec set to move as fast as possible and keep my fury going even if I wasn't able to hit much of anything, and that wasn't enough to keep up. Nearly the entire time it was the demon hunter having to walk back/slow down for the archon wiz, and the wizard having to slow down for me and the other barb. All of us are pretty well geared and can grind exp quite effectively, but it was clear there was no way to keep up with that DH. His sick manticore and legacy nats helped a lot, but I've experienced the same with lesser geared DHs too.

So I just finished the game on Normal for the first time. I'm on MP5 and finished at level 34. Is there any reason for me to explore areas on Nightmare or should I just be going straight through to the things I need to do to get through?

turnbuckle

So I just finished the game on Normal for the first time. I'm on MP5 and finished at level 34. Is there any reason for me to explore areas on Nightmare or should I just be going straight through to the things I need to do to get through?

Outside of achievements, the only reason to be thorough in Normal - Hell - Nightmare is if you enjoy that sort of thing. If it were me I'd be doing my best to burn through the content asap.

RS4-

Bnet finally updated.

Any tips on what I should go for? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ihaveabeard-1932/hero/2490786

I have a spare butchers sickle, but if I swap it with my current mace, I lose 7.8k DPS and all the dex/vit (the sickle only has LS, socket and CD). As it stands I have 0 LS and 600 LOH. 29.5% CC and 309% CD.

Also have a blackthorne belt (gain 3k HP, lose 2.2k DPS if swapped with the Inna). I can get 24% MS if I switch the bracers/belt with lacuni/spurs respectively, but at the expense of under 10k DPS I believe. I only end up doing that if I just want to run MP1 stuff.

But with the current set up I can do MP5 for the most part. Oh and I only have 2.2M in the bank lol.

Anustart

Swapped some skills for my Wed to make farming quicker. Am now using Hex - Angry chicken, Spirit Walk and the haunt that makes you run faster. The interesting thing is if you use the skills in order Haunt, spirit walk, angry chicken, my move speed gets to +2.21.

So funny to see that chicken just screaming across the screen. And most people I've played with didn't even know the we could turn into a chicken!

Rufus

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I got eight or nine legendaries the last three runs. All garbage.

Yea I gave up. Fuck this whats the point. I've played for like 500 hours and people have found single fucking items worth more than I've sold and picked up combined. Its all fucking luck.

M.D

So, I was looking for a good The Witching Hour on the AH for a couple of days, and this was just posted for 48M, so I bought.

HmRjk.jpg

I was only looking for 80+ STR and 30+ AR, because I saw some with those stats plus VIT and they were pretty expensive. I search quickly to see that I'm not making a mistake by buying this for too high, and despite the low AR, it seems this is worth more than I payed for it.

There's one with similar stat with 35M bid with 1 day and 9 hour to go ,and the others with similar stats (but I think higher AR) are at 175M

Edit: The Vile Ward I found a couple of days ago sold for 70M! YAY :p

Anustart

Was bitching to a friend on b.net about not getting a legendary drop in over 8 hours even with max mf. I was getting about 1 leg drop per run before this point :/ Immediately after I sent him the message Tals chest drops, so get to bitchin' people, it helps!

P.S. Sold it unid'd for 7 million. Seemed like the better choice seeing as for it to be worth anything it would need to roll ar and +armor.

JoeMartin

5 legendaries tonight.

Garbage Triumvirate
Garbage Madstone
Garbage Echoing Fury
Garbage Immortal King's Irons
Garbage Dawn

Got a 1-hand yellow with 1274 dps, 11% ias and 74% CHD and nothing else. Sold it for 5m.

Boken

Banned
Was bitching to a friend on b.net about not getting a legendary drop in over 8 hours even with max mf. I was getting about 1 leg drop per run before this point :/ Immediately after I sent him the message Tals chest drops, so get to bitchin' people, it helps!

P.S. Sold it unid'd for 7 million. Seemed like the better choice seeing as for it to be worth anything it would need to roll ar and +armor.

How do you sell un-ID'ed items?

I bitch all day and dont get nothing! lol

It's funny Wilson came out and said its coming soon only to have to retract what he said. Wasn't it supposed to come by end of year?

They're supposed to be working on the Monk too, yet we haven't heard anything about PvE too.

windz

It's funny Wilson came out and said its coming soon only to have to retract what he said. Wasn't it supposed to come by end of year?

They're supposed to be working on the Monk too, yet we haven't heard anything about PvE too.

Yeah it's gone quiet it seems, no real new info provided. Maybe we'll get a xmas present with some upcoming changes/content/timeline.

Ha ha just kidding we only get coal and sadness

Jrmint

Is there a good guide out there for making Hellfire rings? I left the game for a few months and just came back so I'm kinda behind the 8 ball with these rings.

I'd like to start farming them but its kind of overwhelming not knowing where to go for everything.

kennah

Price check on this? Don't want to leave the game right now

KANnU.jpg

Not that much. Minimum life roll, mediocre str roll, the bonus stat is low dex/int which is useless. Max crit, but that doesn't really do much on an IK Helm. Be about 5-6 million in the US AH

From the looks of it, you should be using it :D

Oh, one thing I just noticed, it is a very good armour roll, but alas, no one searches for that. That is a great helm for you to keep and use, but not a great one to try and cash out on.

Rufus

Is there a good guide out there for making Hellfire rings? I left the game for a few months and just came back so I'm kinda behind the 8 ball with these rings.

I'd like to start farming them but its kind of overwhelming not knowing where to go for everything.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/
Has everything you need to know.
I suggest you farm the keys on MP5 or higher if you have the gear to do it. Make at least three machines, so you can try your hand at every Uber each game (you can open all three in one game, don't forget to refresh your NV stacks in-between fights/deaths). I suggest you do the Ubers on MP7, lower if you absolutely can't do it. Team up with folks to make it easier/less tedious (you can use other people's portals).

Chances are very high that the ring will be shit, but if the XP bonus is worth it to you I'd make one.

kennah

And if you've got a few hours that you want to do runs, make sure to post on GAF about it. Usually you can put together a group without too much trouble.

Talaysen is a great person to have on your friends list for uber runs :)

Rufus

Why wouldn't you use that? All green man!
Most Barbs don't use more than two pieces from the IK set for the best bonus (typically gloves and chest). My IK gloves and boots (cheaper than an IK chest) have 70+ AllRes each +60 from the bonus, which means I can use a cheap Andariel's without AllRes.

M.D

Not that much. Minimum life roll, mediocre str roll, the bonus stat is low dex/int which is useless. Max crit, but that doesn't really do much on an IK Helm. Be about 5-6 million in the US AH

From the looks of it, you should be using it :D

Oh, one thing I just noticed, it is a very good armour roll, but alas, no one searches for that. That is a great helm for you to keep and use, but not a great one to try and cash out on.

That STR is mediocre? really? How much can they roll? wish it would roll vit or AR instead of useless dex and int :(

It only looks like a massive improvement cause I'm using the leoric head gear as part of the set :)

I normally use this

RblXE.jpg

If I can't get a lot for it I guess I'll use it instead the leoric head piece and use another item for the exp set bonus. I may even use this on a normal basis if I find it helps me with fire elites, because those are a pain in the ass.

kennah

That STR is mediocre? really? How much can they roll? wish it would roll vit or AR instead of useless dex and int :(

It only looks like a massive improvement cause I'm using the leoric head gear as part of the set :)

I normally use this

If I can't get a lot for it I guess I'll use it instead the leoric head piece and use another item for the exp set bonus. I may even use this on a normal basis if I find it helps me with fire elites, because those are a pain in the ass.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-triumph

They roll either 90-100 or 170-200. High str is very common on the helm though. The only thing that adds value is the one random property. Yours is a shitty random property. Minimum life roll, minimum reduced damage roll. So not a lot to upsell there. - Except the very high armour roll - which no one searches for yet, so if you want to hang onto it for a while maybe it might go up in value. But as is, bad news all around for ya :( It's your max crit that keeps it from being worth only 800k instead of 5 million.

Petrie

Banned
Is there an easy way to get the Steam overlay working with D3 these days? Left the game for a few months waiting for patches, and now that they're here, I'd like to have my overlay back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom