• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I'm at 2.89 APS now so I think I should be good. Could even pick up a trifecta ring to bump that up to 2.9+.

The APS breakpoints are 2.74 and 3.

Having 2.99 is functionally the same as 2.74, for purposes of WW tick rates.

When I WW my attack speed changes from 2.24 to 1.96 and it flicks back and forth pretty fast why does it do that?

I dunno I recently switched weapons thought getting a higher AS and more LS would be better but I'm down 5k (97 to 92) damage from before. I do notice it ticking faster but I dunno which one is better.

The new weapons just showed up on my stats page: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/27578243 They both have IAS 11%. Before I used HallowedStorm/Hallowed Reckoning which had like 9%IAS on one and the bonus gave 5% IAS. Only one of them had LS though.

AS is calculated into DPS but if I'm ticking more in mobs and more often aren't I really doing more damage? Even if it says my DPS is lower...

@ Fenderputty where are the gems? looks like you are ditching the monk too? lol
there are whole lot of articles out there why monk is bad.
I can list a few here, see for yourself.
- expensive gear, very expensive
- Dex is inferior than Int and Str
- lack of offensive steroids. good luck surpassing the unbuffed 100K DPS mark
- only few defensive options and blizzard is itching on nerfing one with everything. there's a great chance that you might lose millions of gold. remember the attack speed nerf?

theres a reason why monk is way less popular than wiz and barb, I ignored all the facts and wasted hundreds of USD only to prove the facts about the monk is true indeed.

Completely disagree. We have monks on the top of paragon ladder reaching almost 400k dps at this point.

Are they on par with barb and wizz levels at this point? No.

But if you have the right build, you can make very effective runs with a monk and gain upwards to 60m+ exp an hour, and get tons of goodies.

Right now I think the classes that have the short end of the shtick IMO are DH and WD =P but truth be told, all classes are able to get good stuff if they know the right MP to play at.

turnbuckle

Aren't they both shouts? I could be wrong. Guess I never tried.

warcry and battle rage were two of the most used skills pre-mp for many builds. I don't use warcry anymore unless I'm doing very high monster power, but there's no way I could ever get rid of battle rage.

MrDaravon

I think part of the problem with the DH as compared to other classes is just the speed at which they can kill, especially when you're rolling with a good group. With my DH and Steady Aim active (which it is about always) I'm at like 251k damage, but I still often feel like a third wheel in decent groups.

Completely disagree. We have monks on the top of paragon ladder reaching almost 400k dps at this point.

Are they on par with barb and wizz levels at this point? No.

But if you have the right build, you can make very effective runs with a monk and gain upwards to 60m+ exp an hour, and get tons of goodies.

Right now I think the classes that have the short end of the shtick IMO are DH and WD =P but truth be told, all classes are able to get good stuff if they know the right MP to play at.

No ... most of what he said is true. Dex sucks for defense. We lack offensive passives and the class costs a ton to play.

That just doesn't that playing monk sucks or that it isn't fun. It's both a fun and rewarding class.

Rufus

WD have more options (and synergies) now. The Acid Rain/Grave Injustice build is quite fun. I'm too invested in my Barb to switch back to my WD, but they're a lot more viable now.

I think part of the problem with the DH as compared to other classes is just the speed at which they can kill, especially when you're rolling with a good group. With my DH and Steady Aim active (which it is about always) I'm at like 251k damage, but I still often feel like a third wheel in decent groups.

Thats such a high DPS. You should be doing tons of damage why feel like a third wheel? Most players roll with ~100k. Although if you want to help the party put on Marked For Death as that gives everyone else the bonus damage too so you're adding a bunch of support damage in, or they can benefit from your sentry areas I think. If you play with like a freezing wizard choose beastly bombs the one rune that does like 3000% weapon damage. It stays in like one place but the thing is if they are frozen they wont move and theyll take most of that damage, which is an insane amount. (Hopefully they dont have RD lol)

larvi

I dunno, my DH has quite a bit less dps than that and short of a running with a well geared ww barb who can outrun me I don't feel I'm lacking for kills when running in a group. Maybe I just don't play with what you consider decent groups.

DH's do come up short for ubers though imo, mainly due to the size and makeup of the ubers not really lending themselves to kiting and DHs not being much of a role player for those battles. You can gear for pure dps but then you are at risk from getting one shotted by magdha flies, arcanes, zk fireballs, rocks, etc and being more of a liability when someone has to raise you. You can gear for a stun lock build but wizards freezelock much better, you can gear for a tank build but monks/barbs do that much better, you can bring a pet for distraction but wd's do that much better.

Talking of Monks, my friend who quit and went back to WoW chucked some gold my way so I followed the advice and took a look at Apollo's gear set and built around that with not as good stats.

I'm pretty happy with it but anything I could improve? : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Affixlol-2209/hero/5542112

Edit: I guess my Vit is pretty shitty? Also the gloves are super bad :<.

You do need more life. I would drop the inna's belt. The thrid set bonus sucks anyway. Get a belt with Dex / VIT / LIFE % / AR.

Your ring that isn't the nats rings needs both CC and CRIT DMG as soon as possible. Your gloves also need updgrading.

How are you surviving without any LOH or LS?

RivalCore

Talking of Monks, my friend who quit and went back to WoW chucked some gold my way so I followed the advice and took a look at Apollo's gear set and built around that with not as good stats.

I'm pretty happy with it but anything I could improve? : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Affixlol-2209/hero/5542112

Edit: I guess my Vit is pretty shitty? Also the gloves are super bad :<.

Gloves and bracers are two of the cheapest upgrades. You want at least CC and CD plus the usual stats on your gloves, bracers will also need CC.

Your ring is also due for a DPS upgrade with Avg. Dmg, CC, CD, resists and dex.

I'd also invest in a socket Echoing Fury and an off hand with a socket, LoH/Lifesteal and CD if you can afford it. That should push you over 80k DPS.

And personally, I'd drop Inna's belt in favour of something with more defensive stats like high Vit, Life % and resists. The third set bonus is pretty shit.

pompidu

How well does magic find amulets sell?
Put this one up at 15mil no buyout, no idea if that is a reasonable price.

===============
+188 Dexterity
+44 Lighting Resistance
Critical Hit Damage 98%
Magic Find 40%

Tc91

Thanks for the help guys.

I have no idea I guess it's through Breath of Heaven - Serenity and globes but you're right I have no sustain.

How much would I be looking at for a Echoing Fury with a socket? Should I look at one around 1k dps?

Also is Witching Hour a good belt to go for?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
How well does magic find amulets sell?
Put this one up at 15mil no buyout, no idea if that is a reasonable price.

===============
+188 Dexterity
+44 Lighting Resistance
Critical Hit Damage 98%
Magic Find 40%
MF is more of a garnish affix for players' gear, and amulets are one of the precious few places where affixes like CC, IAS, and LOH are commonly found. That this amulet has none of those hinders the value. That said, it's a pretty good Scoundrel amulet.

Search 150 dex / 90 chd / 40 mf and price 40% lower than lowest buyout.

How much would I be looking at for a Echoing Fury with a socket? Should I look at one around 1k dps?

I recently got an EF. Should be visible here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ammostiel-1897/hero/5563575

887.4 DPS. 158 dex. +0.22 aps. 73 chd. Socket. 23M buyout.

The flat APS bonus really does help.

If you want one with 1K DPS and native chd with socket, I think you're looking at 50M+ price right now. Bargains are probably in the Furies that have 900 DPS but have +0.24 or +0.25 APS and >50% chd.

Witching Hour belts are great for raw DPS and I think it's the only belt which gives IAS. I share mine between my Wizard and Monk, and it adds something like 15K DPS to my Wizard by itself.

---

Should I turn on QuickJoin? Could more of you do so if you're not already? I try to find something to do immediately when I'm ready to play, and I feel less intrusive joining someone on the QuickJoin list than messaging at random.

Despera

Banned
Guys...

What the fuck is up with these Diablo III Account spam shit mail I've been, and still am, receiving?

jWFCf019Zarzi.JPG

My junk mail is filling up with these.

RivalCore

Thanks for the help guys.

I have no idea I guess it's through Breath of Heaven - Serenity and globes but you're right I have no sustain.

I got my Echoing for around 7 mil. 1050 DPS and just a socket. Anything else like native crit damage or lifesteal will drive it into tens or hundreds of millions.

Witching hour is a great DPS boost but also costs a fortune and you need the defence boost. You can easily boost your DPS for cheap (well, cheaper) by looking at your weapons, rings, gloves and bracers.

Tc91

I recently got an EF. Should be visible here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ammostiel-1897/hero/5563575

887.4 DPS. 158 dex. +0.22 aps. 73 chd. Socket. 23M buyout.

The flat APS bonus really does help.

If you want one with 1K DPS and native chd with socket, I think you're looking at 50M+ price right now. Bargains are probably in the Furies that have 900 DPS but have +0.24 or +0.25 APS and >50% chd.

Witching Hour belts are great for raw DPS and I think it's the only belt which gives IAS. I share mine between my Wizard and Monk, and it adds something like 15K DPS to my Wizard by itself.

-3k Life
+3k Damage

I'm guessing if I socket it the damage would go up a lot more right?

I got my Echoing for around 7 mil. 1050 DPS and just a socket. Anything else like native crit damage or lifesteal will drive it into tens or hundreds of millions.

Witching hour is a great DPS boost but also costs a fortune and you need the defence boost. You can easily boost your DPS for cheap (well, cheaper) by looking at your weapons, rings, gloves and bracers.

I'm up to 81k dps unbuffed now with replacing my bracers + gloves for 2.5mil total.

How would I upgrade my offhand weapon the one with the socket?

Talaysen

Started up a quick MP0 game while waiting for food, first elite drops a set chest. Hurray! Oh wait it's Inna's...

Why is this thing so bad? What were they thinking? Does it always get +life%? Did they really think that instead of all res like barb's was a fair trade... when barb has heal skills that scale with life and monk DOESN'T?

VALKYRAY

Banned
It sucks I have no interest in DH. 80% of my monk gear would transfer over. All I would need is a DML and a Decent Bow / Helm. I'm pretty sure I would have a rather rocking DH rather easily without spending much.

Maybe if a 2 SOC manticore ever drops for me I'll roll one.

I don't know why I'm not interested in a barb. Maybe because I played my monk so much the other melee class doesn't appeal to me. I don't want to be just another barb too I guess. Also I have to get a whole new set of gear. I would roll a DH before a barb because of that. WZ can use my WD gear.

dead mans legacy can be very cheap.
if you sell your monk weapons, you would have enough money/gold for a 1100 dps manticore with two socket, and a huge left over for something else.

Anustart

Something needs to be done with mana regen. Attack speed on a wd doesnt play nice at all. I have 89 regen before vq and even with vq active it stinks. I also dont want to have to use 2 passives for it. I also have 4 zuni bonus :/

koji

HC Barb is on Belial atm, think I'm going to wait till I have 40k dmg, don't want to risk enraging him... Also need tons more HP and resists, but so far it's been going pretty smooth.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/21929526

Took me quite some time gearing up in act1, act1 mp0 with no MF is pretty shitty loot and it's not like the gear on the HC AH is cheap or there's a broad selection...

Some screens I took during the weekend on the AH;

If you input those search requirements in SC you get 40 pages :lol (and those aren't top range searches) That's the only letdown about HC a bit atm, seems like there's not a lot of people playing or still playing it...

Think when I'm comfortable at farming A3 mp1 or mp0 I'll start a HC WD, it's still my favorite class but after spending 300 hours on my WD in SC I just couldn't handle starting a new one right away.

RivalCore

I'm up to 81k dps unbuffed now with replacing my bracers + gloves for 2.5mil total.

How would I upgrade my offhand weapon the one with the socket?

You're probably going to have to sacrifice DPS on the offhand in favour of offensive/sustain stats. Look for a socket, high dex, really high LoH/Lifesteal fast weapon like a fist, sword or dagger. If you've got the scratch try to get some native crit damage, but only if it's a good deal. Try to get a 800-900 dps on the weapon.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rivalcycle-2188/hero/5097736

That's my Monk. I'm still in the process of trying to find a better sustain weapon, a crit chance Nat's Ring and upgrading my gems.

windz

HC Barb is on Belial atm, think I'm going to wait till I have 40k dmg, don't want to risk enraging him... Also need tons more HP and resists, but so far it's been going pretty smooth.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/21929526

Took me quite some time gearing up in act1, act1 mp0 with no MF is pretty shitty loot and it's not like the gear on the HC AH is cheap or there's a broad selection...

You are going to destroy Belial and you have no worries about the enrage timer, IMO. I did Belial with ~500 all resist, ~45k hp, but the kicker: 10-12k dps tops lol. Edit: I'm almost positive I was at 10k...I think I hit 10k+ in Act 3...I think you will be okay as long as you avoid green explosions. Your damage will not be an issue at all.

MrDaravon

Thats such a high DPS. You should be doing tons of damage why feel like a third wheel? Most players roll with ~100k. Although if you want to help the party put on Marked For Death as that gives everyone else the bonus damage too so you're adding a bunch of support damage in, or they can benefit from your sentry areas I think. If you play with like a freezing wizard choose beastly bombs the one rune that does like 3000% weapon damage. It stays in like one place but the thing is if they are frozen they wont move and theyll take most of that damage, which is an insane amount. (Hopefully they dont have RD lol)

I dunno, my DH has quite a bit less dps than that and short of a running with a well geared ww barb who can outrun me I don't feel I'm lacking for kills when running in a group. Maybe I just don't play with what you consider decent groups.

DH's do come up short for ubers though imo, mainly due to the size and makeup of the ubers not really lending themselves to kiting and DHs not being much of a role player for those battles. You can gear for pure dps but then you are at risk from getting one shotted by magdha flies, arcanes, zk fireballs, rocks, etc and being more of a liability when someone has to raise you. You can gear for a stun lock build but wizards freezelock much better, you can gear for a tank build but monks/barbs do that much better, you can bring a pet for distraction but wd's do that much better.

Late response, but I think the third wheel thing comes primarily from the fact that when you're playing on low MP, enemies die super fast. Even with 24% MS, by the time I get to enemies and can get off any attacks the Monks/Barbs are sprinting and shit all over the place and enemies are either dead or about dead by the time I get to anything. On higher MP that's less of an issue though.

Late response, but I think the third wheel thing comes primarily from the fact that when you're playing on low MP, enemies die super fast. Even with 24% MS, by the time I get to enemies and can get off any attacks the Monks/Barbs are sprinting and shit all over the place and enemies are either dead or about dead by the time I get to anything. On higher MP that's less of an issue though.

HAHAH ... When I farm on lower MP, my monk has 34% movement speed and enemies go down fast. If you only have 12% you're getting left in the back as you described.

Farmed MP7 last night and found 5 legendaries. All garbage. 3 went to the vendor and 2 went to the salvage pile.

larvi

Yeah, the movement speed is an issue with DH's, I don't usually farm with other classes who can keep up a pretty much constant > 25% ms, I'd prefer to run alone. I have no idea why the DH movement speed passive doesn't go past the 25% limit like the other classes, makes no sense. Technically a DH with a legacy nat's set can vault and keep up but I don't have one and not sure I would want to farm that way even if I did.

MrDaravon

HAHAH ... When I farm on lower MP, my monk has 34% movement speed and enemies go down fast. If you only have 12% you're getting left in the back as you described.

Farmed MP7 last night and found 5 legendaries. All garbage. 3 went to the vendor and 2 went to the salvage pile.

I have 24% MS, but same difference practically speaking :p. It is baffling that the DH movement passive doesn't let you break the 25% cap.

How many passives let you break the cap? I thoght it was just the monks.

Yea, wonder if that's a glitch or not?

I feel like if the Monks passive lets you past 24% the DH's should too since they are the ones that really need to get around the most.

Would love for some way to get my WW Barb 36% would be insane.

koji

You are going to destroy Belial and you have no worries about the enrage timer, IMO. I did Belial with ~500 all resist, ~45k hp, but the kicker: 10-12k dps tops lol. Edit: I'm almost positive I was at 10k...I think I hit 10k+ in Act 3...I think you will be okay as long as you avoid green explosions. Your damage will not be an issue at all.

Looks like you are right, just went ahead and killed him, didn`t run in to any trouble. Thanks for the info! :)

K, lets see if I`m able to do act3!

edit: lol nope, came close to dieing a couple times, think I`ll spend some more time in act2 gearing up :lol

Talaysen

How many passives let you break the cap? I thoght it was just the monks.

I think just the monk's as it stands, but no one besides DH even has one. Also, the DH's is on a conditional (be at full hatred, I think), so the fact that it doesn't break the cap is ridiculous.

Also, I finally sold my IK Chest. Got 30m for it. Not terrible. Thinking about trying to upgrade my weapon with that. Thoughts? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Talaysen-1383/hero/5623738

MrDaravon

I think just the monk's as it stands, but no one besides DH even has one. Also, the DH's is on a conditional (be at full hatred, I think), so the fact that it doesn't break the cap is ridiculous.

Yup, which makes it almost useless even if it let you break the cap. Now if you could break the cap with it and the requirement was either full HP or full Disc THAT would potentially be useful and worth taking. But requiring full Hatred is kind of shit. Also don't Barbs have some sort of attack that lets them move faster, I think not WW but something else? I swear I've seen Barbs moving all over the place before, but I could be mistaken.

Getting my Monk to 60 and relatively decently geared was actually pretty useful in giving me an understanding of that class and how people play it, what gear they look for, etc. I've got a Level 7 Barb (my only other char) I should do the same with, just so I can see what this Barb is all about :p

Talaysen

Also don't Barbs have some sort of attack that lets them move faster, I think not WW but something else? I swear I've seen Barbs moving all over the place before, but I could be mistaken.

Sprint and Wrath of the Berserker both do. Sprint has a fury cost and Wrath of the Berserker has a cooldown, but I think with the right build you can keep them up basically forever anyway.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So, since MP1+ allows sub-63 items to roll like lvl 63 items, is there effectively a single difference between i62 and i63 items in Monster Power? Max values? Number of affixes? Types of affixes? Or are they entirely identical?

turnbuckle

Aw, I've been skipping lvl 62 items for a while now. Should have picked them up. Thanks.

basically, if you have time you should pick up everything outside of most 2 handed weapons. A level 58 1 handed weapon may not have great damage on it, but if the affixes are right you could hit a jackpot. I made $125 off a 1-handed might weapon with sub-500 dps because of the affixes.

If you don't have time or patience to pick up all the yellows (I don't, either) I'd focus on 1-handers, pants, chests, rings, ammys, shoulders, gloves, bracers.

Well, I think that's still 90% of what drops so I dunno what to tell ya :p I have a feeling shields are going to go up in value once pvp comes out though, so I'm starting to pick those up again.

Aw, I've been skipping lvl 62 items for a while now. Should have picked them up. Thanks.

You should really pick up all yellows now, well at least all yellow armor. You think someone is gonna pass on trifecta gloves with sick rolls because the base armor is lower? Even some lower level weapons have a chance to roll good damage too. Butchers Sickle is lvl 59 and can't even be brimstoned. Yet people get good rolls (900+ DPS w/ elemental dmg and % dmg) and some sell for 100's of millions.

EDIT: beaten

Definity

I got sidetracked for the past week or so while I finished up far cry 3. Great game, btw. If you have a decent PC you should play it. Anyway...back to the Diablo grind. Did I miss anything the past couple weeks?

I got sidetracked for the past week or so while I finished up far cry 3. Great game, btw. If you have a decent PC you should play it. Anyway...back to the Diablo grind. Did I miss anything the past couple weeks?

didn't miss a thing. I have a better hand me down for your WD though. Fireboy hooked me up last night and mine has progressed a little. Hit me up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom