• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

7. Summary / Conclusion(Top)

Bringing all the pieces together provides us with:

Magic find increases the class ("item-color" or rarity) of the gear found.
Magic find will - on average - increase the number of possible affixes on items because this is directly related to the item class which in turn is affected by MF.
Magic find does not increase the number of items found (aka not effective on quantity).
Magic find does not increase the iLvl of the gear found.
The guaranteed rare drop from Nephalem Valor is an additional drop and it is possible to roll a legendary instead of rare.
The guaranteed rare drop from Nephalem Valor is applied to goblins as well.
The effect that MF has on increasing the number of possible affixes on rare items appears to be minimal and close to neglible for the standard elite drops. It does, however, appear to have a prominent effect on the NV rare drop.
Whether or not magic find affects the affix rolls themselves (aka not how many affixes you get, but how good the affix values turn out) is not investigated here, but there is no reason as of to suspect that magic find would increase the actual stat rolls. As of patch 1.05, Blizzard has also stated that these rolls will depend on the mLvl of the monster that the item dropped from.
The items drop in a predetermined sequence with each item dropped coming from a "slot". These slots have different chances to roll out a rare item, but only one of them (out of 4 gear slots without NV) seem to have the possibility to hit a NoDrop. The research mentioned here is very early, but is an important aspect if a complete picture of average drops is to be computed.
The items dropping from elite packs appear to be divided into "slots" that drop in a specific sequence. An elite pack has 4 of these slots and if 5xNV is effective a fifth is added. These slots have different base chances to roll out different item rarities: Gear slot 1 and 4 seem to be identical and have a base dropchance of around 10% for rare items, gear slot 2 and 3 seem to be related but have a very small chance to roll a rare item and in addition, gear slot 3 has a 50% chance to hit a NoDrop. Gear slot 5 (the NV slot) is always at least a 4-affix rare item.
:/ this makes me sad..... your fucked regardless.

Any idea what this is worth. I can't find anything similar with stats on the AH.

eKvBh.png

I sold one like this 150m on Eu AH two month ago

larvi

:/ this makes me sad..... your fucked regardless.

What that tells me is your best chance for a good item comes from the NV slot which means it's worth while to do longer complete act runs rather than short exp or key farming runs if it's items you are after. Now when are they going to change it so you can keep your NV between acts?

turnbuckle

What that tells me is your best chance for a good item comes from the NV slot which means it's worth while to do longer complete act runs rather than short exp or key farming runs if it's items you are after. Now when are they going to change it so you can keep your NV between acts?

Most definitely. I basically run around killing stuff in random areas for awhile once I hit my 5 stacks. I usually do act 2 lately since it's been my least played (aside from act 4) and feels slightly new. I'm so burned out on act 3 I almost feel sick just thinking about it. Shame since it's the best place to farm. I'd do act 4 more often of we were allowed to keep our stacks.

It'd be awesome if the let you get a bonus stack for completing a full act and let you carry it onto the next. You'd be able to have 8 stacks in act 4 and it would finally be worth clearing acts and finally worth doing act 4.

kennah

Troll game loves to troll :)

My toddler was goldfarming for me earlier (WD in Inferno MP0) and I happened to notice a Lengendary beam. Wrestled the mouse away from him and identified... this.

Screenshot096.jpg

Rufus

The Keywardens are really, really scary, even on normal. I had a near death experience just now.

The Act 4 one is scarier than any of the bosses up to that point.

Holy shit, there's an elite pack, too. I... I might just have to remake the game. On fucking normal.

Remade again. Fuck me, on normal that asshole is way harder than anything else in the game. I'll have to try and avoid him entirely. I don't want to lose my lady barb this close to Diablo.

Anustart

Sold unid echoing fury for 15 million, was a dud too. Sold unid Zuni mojo for 1 million, that one turned out to be good. 250 avg dam and crit chance. Still, always better to sell unid. You'll average more in the long run! Let someone else pray for the good rolls :)

The Keywardens are really, really scary, even on normal. I had a near death experience just now.

The Act 4 one is scarier than any of the bosses up to that point.

Holy shit, there's an elite pack, too. I... I might just have to remake the game. On fucking normal.

Remade again. Fuck me, on normal that asshole is way harder than anything else in the game. I'll have to try and avoid him entirely. I don't want to lose my lady barb this close to Diablo.

Pretty sure the 4th Keywarden is the only place I died more than once on Normal. It was him, an elite mob and a champion all rolled up and I had a hell of a time getting any good damage on any of them before I'd die.

Rufus

Isolated and when he doesn't heal himself (ha) he's easier. Lured him near the exit so I could bail immediately. Scary. Looking back I suppose I could have stun-locked him, hm... Something to keep in mind for nightmare.

I've got to say, even with the fear of DCs and lag, having to start from scratch and such ludicrous enemies as the fourth keywarden I'm enjoying myself a lot more on hardcore.

DirtyLary

Sold unid echoing fury for 15 million, was a dud too. Sold unid Zuni mojo for 1 million, that one turned out to be good. 250 avg dam and crit chance. Still, always better to sell unid. You'll average more in the long run! Let someone else pray for the good rolls :)

I remember doing that back in the day when the casual players starting hitting Act2 Inferno. We would sell all l62+ undi for 50-75k . That was huge back then. Running around with 5mill we thought we were pimps.

Definity

Was bored - threw 5mil gold on the GAH just to see if it would sell. Sold in seconds. I thought this game was dead now? ;)

I'm ready for an update soon from Bliz hopefully.

alife

Yeah I'd like to see Blizz pay more attention to this game.

Anyone have any advice for my WD? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818078

Replaced my bracers for some lacunis earlier this morning.

Stack critical hit chance on your rings and helm. A new mojo with at least 9% crit chance would help quite a bit and look up at least 200-250 for your average damage. Luckily for you, INT gear is cheap as shit so shouldn't cost much to get to 100k dps. I'd get a pair of Depth Diggers with at least 180 INT and a socket(Inna's Temperance would even work if you're low on gold). If you don't mind the AR loss (unless you pick one up with AR), check out Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit for the AS bonus. I got a 198 INT 3 sock 50ish vit AS9 for 2 mil the other day for my Wiz. A Witching Hour belt comes cheaper for INT users too so I'd pick one of those up with some vitality. My 2 cents.

For jewelry, my stat priority goes: average damage, main stat, critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and vit + attack speed are bonuses if I can afford them. In my experience with the AH, just a lot cheaper to stack attack speed on your armor. Trifecta rolls are spendy as shit but I find stacking the stats above comes a lot cheaper and gives solid dps gains.

Definity

Yeah, the gold only sold at .40 per mil I think I had it listed at. So not much at all. I did find a slight upgrade for my WD alt so I used it on that.

On another topic - how in the world is blizz going to balance this game for PVP? Anyone have any thoughts on what pvp will actually be like? Balance seems like such a hard thing to do for this. You have some folks that have 45%+ crit w/ 400% crit damage+ and then you have folks that have wasted money on the GAH to gear up with "god" gear...then you have folks that will come back for PVP with lower quality gear.

Was bored - threw 5mil gold on the GAH just to see if it would sell. Sold in seconds. I thought this game was dead now? ;)

I'm ready for an update soon from Bliz hopefully.

I sold 100 million in gold a couple weeks ago in seconds. The whole thing was gone in seconds.

Yeah, the gold only sold at .40 per mil I think I had it listed at. So not much at all. I did find a slight upgrade for my WD alt so I used it on that.

On another topic - how in the world is blizz going to balance this game for PVP? Anyone have any thoughts on what pvp will actually be like? Balance seems like such a hard thing to do for this. You have some folks that have 45%+ crit w/ 400% crit damage+ and then you have folks that have wasted money on the GAH to gear up with "god" gear...then you have folks that will come back for PVP with lower quality gear.

I'm wondering how perma freeze wizzards are going to be handled. Serenity will get some use I think. LOL

tjohn86

Stack critical hit chance on your rings and helm. A new mojo with at least 9% crit chance would help quite a bit and look up at least 200-250 for your average damage. Luckily for you, INT gear is cheap as shit so shouldn't cost much to get to 100k dps. I'd get a pair of Depth Diggers with at least 180 INT and a socket(Inna's Temperance would even work if you're low on gold). If you don't mind the AR loss (unless you pick one up with AR), check out Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit for the AS bonus. I got a 198 INT 3 sock 50ish vit AS9 for 2 mil the other day for my Wiz. A Witching Hour belt comes cheaper for INT users too so I'd pick one of those up with some vitality. My 2 cents.

For jewelry, my stat priority goes: average damage, main stat, critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and vit + attack speed are bonuses if I can afford them. In my experience with the AH, just a lot cheaper to stack attack speed on your armor. Trifecta rolls are spendy as shit but I find stacking the stats above comes a lot cheaper and gives solid dps gains.

Thanks for the reply. I'm only working with like 2M gold right now but this points me in the right direction. Is a hellfire ring not worth using? I know mine is terrible but I am looking to forge another one with an INT roll.

alife

Thanks for the reply. I'm only working with like 2M gold right now but this points me in the right direction. Is a hellfire ring not worth using? I know mine is terrible but I am looking to forge another one with an INT roll.

The bonus experience is nice but if you want higher DPS, using a Hellfire ring will set you back a bit unless it has a high main stat roll with at least CC+CD. I have one with CD but I lose 19k DPS compared to one of my normal rings. Not a fan of the tedious process it takes to craft a Hellfire ring, but if it's what you have, use it. And yeah, get an INT one lol.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fleimssi-2153/hero/19641376 I think this is a pretty well balanced WD with decent DPS

Island

So came back and played a bit since stopping back after my DH couldn't clear ACT 2 inferno after launch.

Is there a rundown on what all the new stuff does? MP levels, uber bosses, key runs, anything else?

I rolled a Barb to get my bearings a bit, only 25 right now, but lots of fun.

RS4-

Bah, I should've sold my UNID'd Echoing Fury. Ended up with some trash roll that I sold for like 50k lol.

But it was hard to resist the chance of getting one with CD, socket and whatever else.

M.D

YES!!!!!!!!!

Bought this a few days ago for 48M

HmRjk.jpg

Sold for 100M! Now sitting at 195.5M! or 165.5 without the 30M I'm keeping for ElTopo while he's on his exile :)

Come back man, were gonna get you some sick upgrade!

DirtyLary

Maintenance like this without an actual patch is crazy.

There is a small patch. And they stated this is mainly for some bnet upgrades.

Diablo III Patch 1.0.6a – v.1.0.3.10485
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition

"This particular maintenance is mostly addressing some fixes/upgrades to battle.net as far as I am aware... while patch 1.0.7 is on the way for sure, no date has been set for it yet"

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/11/diablo-iii-running-on-consoles-at-blizzard

maybe this is why theres been 2 months of silence. they're focusing on porting to make more money. Also if

"While the developers have promised to try and address fan concerns in a series of patches, the highly-anticipated PvP patch has yet to make an appearance despite being announced before the game even launched. It's now being speculated about that it may form part of the game's upcoming expansion."

line is true. I seriously hope 50% of the people don't buy the expansion.

DirtyLary

I wonder what kind of economy it would have without game/AH bots. But I'm sure they will be there too. just imaging all the clicking on a console gamepad. My hands would be throbbing.

I'd be interested in HC mode on the console.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/11/diablo-iii-running-on-consoles-at-blizzard

maybe this is why theres been 2 months of silence. they're focusing on porting to make more money. Also if

"While the developers have promised to try and address fan concerns in a series of patches, the highly-anticipated PvP patch has yet to make an appearance despite being announced before the game even launched. It's now being speculated about that it may form part of the game's upcoming expansion."

line is true. I seriously hope 50% of the people don't buy the expansion.

They've come out and said a bunch of times that PvP will come before expansion. They've done a pretty good job with patches so far as well. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

EDIT: If my character can swap between the console and the PC, I would be interested.

tjohn86

They've come out and said a bunch of times that PvP will come before expansion. They've done a pretty good job with patches so far as well. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

EDIT: If my character can swap between the console and the PC, I would be interested.

There's been one content patch in ... 8 months?

*quote Ron Swanson face*

This game does not need content patches, it is not an MMO with a subscription fee.
It needs balancing though, and there have been quite a few of those patches already.

Yeah pretty much. I was never planning on tons of content patches. New legendaries, paragon levels and uber bosses were really nice and provided some endgame life. They've done a good job trying to balance the game better as well. Progression is better, playing in groups is better, drops are better the WD isn't useless past act I etc etc.

There's still some balancing that needs to be done and I am getting anxious for PvP, but I'm pretty happy with where the game is now compared to when it launched and that's a good thing.

DirtyLary

Better make some other plans for today fellow junkies.

#WoW and #D3 #Maintenance has been extended until 1PM PST. We’ll provide additional updates as they become available to us.

larvi

Sacred 2 did a pretty good job of the console gameplay but inventory management wasn't the greatest. Graphics weren't on par and there were some features such as blacksmitthing that weren't implemented though.

I would probably give D3 a shot on a console just for the achievements. It's also something I could probably play while walking on the treadmill or riding my exercise bike which is what I use my 360 a lot for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom