• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
LOL the 2 handed weapons have crazy ass bonuses.

I want to get that 2hand legendary sword with the like +25% fire skill bonus on my WD and do a fire-theme build. Spam firebombs and the zombie charger rune that makes you shoot exploding dogs.

Ok I hate to be that guy but...

I just played for about 10-15 minutes in Act 3 Inferno with my monk (which is considered one of the worst classes still?), and they really turned it into easy mode.

Inferno was not that hard before the patch, I don't know why they nerfed it.

I'll have to check if I can progress in that now with my DH. Still was farming mostly Act 1, since Act 2 has annoying enemies, and I was slightly too squishy for Act 3. I could have done it before the repair bills got exploded, but having to avoid death all the time made it too hard.

Ploid 3.0

Oh wow, WD is awesome now so far, but I'm just messing around on Act 1. The dogs really choke mobs up at tight spaces. I don't have summon dog but dog spawn from kills and the extra dog slot. Also Garg with cleave is niiiiiccce.

Edit: Dang the later acts are easier?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Very first drops for me on 1.04 (nothing special but thought I would share anyway):

iqeaP9TPhacr9.png

ibqkF1Wp3eU60C.png

Those gloves are a HUGE dps upgrade for me

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ran a bit of act I... too easy. I think I might just jump to act III in full non-MF gear and grind that way, get into a pub game and rock out.

KePoW

Banned
I'll have to check if I can progress in that now with my DH. Still was farming mostly Act 1, since Act 2 has annoying enemies, and I was slightly too squishy for Act 3. I could have done it before the repair bills got exploded, but having to avoid death all the time made it too hard.

Don't get me wrong, I've only beaten Inferno with one class so far, the monk. But I felt it was very fair pre-patch.

Yes you obviously have to spend a certain amount of time building up gold, to buy some AH items. But I did not think it was out of line.

Do people think it's a better game if everyone is instantly able to beat Inferno immediately after beating Hell? Personally, I think that would be lame.

Talents

Banned
So when does EU actually get the update, I'm under the impression that it's early tomorrow morning.

Also, that's a really unlucky legendary shield drop, especially since it's post-patch.

Talents

Banned
30 mintues in lol is this worth anythin

AT DEX :O whats insane is it added 2k dps and I have 250crit it puts it down to 134crit :/
insane. this game is fun again.....

That's insane. Hopefully I'll find an upgrade for my wizard once the patch is released, haven't found one in ages.

neoism

also I have no friends
be meh friend gaf... I will play everyday now.... I'm still stuck in act 1 though lol I could probably play act 2 with a group though

<3

neoism#1506

Sophia

I think they may have made Hammer of the Ancients too powerful. Finished off an Act 1 champ pack in about five seconds as a tank.

Celegus

Still can't believe the patch came out that fast, but really looking forward to trying the new stuff out. WD looks a lot more fun now, but my favorite will always be Barb.

Okay, just noticed something new that wasn't in the patch notes.

When a Molten enemy dies and explodes, there's now a bit of a rippling effect around the orb before it detonates to show the radius and serve as a warning.

Kinda neat.

Sophia

Okay this is unreal with how fast I'm slaughtering stuff with the new Hammer of the Ancients.

88k crit as a tank, lol...

Stripes55

Neo Member
OK, Another question for all you monk-types out there: who are you using as your sidekick in Inferno? I've stuck with the Templar throughout the game, but I'm wondering if that's really the best choice, strategically. Although I like the "holy warrior team-up" concept. Plus some of the banter has actually been enjoyable.

Sophia

Jeezus christ...

Tbh, with all these extremely OP new weapons, I don't see why they nerfed inferno, might aswell buff it.

Oh god, I can't wait to get one of these new weapons. I'm doing 126k Crits as a tank with my 700 DPS weapon. Just imagine what it's going to be like with a better weapon....

RivalCore

OK, Another question for all you monk-types out there: who are you using as your sidekick in Inferno? I've stuck with the Templar throughout the game, but I'm wondering if that's really the best choice, strategically. Although I like the "holy warrior team-up" concept. Plus some of the banter has actually been enjoyable.

Scoundrel for his +Crit Chance bonus and equipping him with a Cold Elemental xbow helps slow down mobs. Plus he has some pretty funny dialogue too.

I don't think this was mentioned in the patch notes either, but with Mortar mobs now, when they launch the mortars, there are little circles on the ground that show you exactly where they are going to land well as soon as the projectiles are launched. Much, much easier to deal with now.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I bought this when I got my new PC, but sat on it because of all the negativity. I'm ready to get into it, I think (even though the changes don't seem relevant to new characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom