• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST GOT MY FIRST 1.0.4 LEGENDARY. Pic incoming.

edit: here she is:

CKAWb.png

scy

Eternal Union really doesn't stand out to me as having any kind of real good use outside of hoping the two random rolls are awesome.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my first 1.0.4 legendary

DRwAi.jpg

don't care if it's not that good but I'm happy lol

The DPS isn't great, but the fire skill boost probably makes it better than a 900+ 1-hander for certain builds.

Jayhawk

Ugh, I'm having a hard time deciding if/when I should sell the 3 pieces of the old Natalya set that I spent 60M on a month or two ago. I was planning on saving up to buy the ring, but then I got bored of the game and took a break for a few weeks. Thanks to the introduction of new sets, the price of Natalya's Mark has inflated way too high for me to afford. The prices of the old Natalya set items that I have are at the same price range I bought them at, except for the helm with critical hit chance. That helm seems to have doubled in value.

I wonder how drastic the nerf to Wicked Wind Critical Mass procs affects the build on the only character I have that actually beat the game in Inferno, my melee wizard. If it's really bad, I'll just revert back to Spectral Blades and Meteor. Though, I might neglect my Wizard and completely focus on my Demon Hunter for building up Paragon levels.

Anyways, I'm excited to try out the game with the new patch tonight.

geestack

Don't know if this was covered in the patch notes, but it seems like they changed the behavior of treasure goblins. Encountered a few, and it feels like when you get them down to a certain percentage of health, they begin to teleport away. Seems like they did this to combat MF swappers, so you can't switch out and get the last hit in before they escape.

Anyone else encounter this, or is it just me?

Sophia

So Act 2 Inferno is like almost completely devoid of challenge now....

Don't know if this was covered in the patch notes, but it seems like they changed the behavior of treasure goblins. Encountered a few, and it feels like when you get them down to a certain percentage of health, they begin to teleport away. Seems like they did this to combat MF swappers, so you can't switch out and get the last hit in before they escape.

Anyone else encounter this, or is it just me?

That's not new behavior. They did that before.

SRTtoZ

About to start some act 3 farming but first, I was checking out 2h xbows like I do everyday to see if theres a good deal and I found someone listed a brand new "Manticore" Legendary with 1100dps, 11% IAS, 86% crit dmg and open socket for 25m. I snatched that up and resold it for 50m, probably could have gotten more but wasnt sure since a ton of great drops are going to start showing up. I love this patch.

In addition to the aforementioned visible radius for exploding molten monsters, the ice crystals from the Frozen affix now also display their explosion radius via a sort of aura thing from when they're summoned to when they explode.

Okay, just noticed something new that wasn't in the patch notes.

When a Molten enemy dies and explodes, there's now a bit of a rippling effect around the orb before it detonates to show the radius and serve as a warning.

Kinda neat.
From watching a stream, they did something similar with the cold enchanted so you can see the range of the ice particles...handy!

Lol, beaten like a rented mule...by the guy I was quoting no less!

Saprol

In addition to the aforementioned visible radius for exploding molten monsters, the ice crystals from the Frozen affix now also display their explosion radius via a sort of aura thing from when they're summoned to when they explode.

Mortars seem to have the circle effect too, even if that's not as useful as the others.

V_Arnold

About to start some act 3 farming but first, I was checking out 2h xbows like I do everyday to see if theres a good deal and I found someone listed a brand new "Manticore" Legendary with 1100dps, 11% IAS, 86% crit dmg and open socket for 25m. I snatched that up and resold it for 50m, probably could have gotten more but wasnt sure since a ton of great drops are going to start showing up. I love this patch.

Fuck.... -.-
Why do I feel bad about seeing stuff like this? It is like real life all over again :(

Sorry!

larvi

Do the remainder of your stats(dex, vit, etc) also go up at a set amount for each paragon level?

I got the normal stat increase for paragon lvl 1, I assume I would keep gaining them for future paragon levels.

So far no legendaries, did find a 1000 +dps bow with loh which is probably not worth much now since they nerfed tank hunters.

I just got my SECOND LEGENDARY of 1.0.4. I'm so torn with it. Do I use it or not. Here it is:

QGKuN.png

My current bracer has 147 dex which is why I was a bit surprised the attack only goes down by so little considering it has no dex. But an extra 12% speed, an extra .5 crit chance, and the ias9%/life regen and all that make me want to use it.

dilemmmmmmaasss

zulux21

ah cool, so via some quick math, assuming that there isn't a random jump in exp needed for the next level (aka each level is about the previous level plus 1.5 mil) it will take around 8,145,000,000 exp to reach level 100 paragon :p

given there is most likely a bump somewhere that number is likely the min amount of exp needed :p

I just got my SECOND LEGENDARY of 1.0.4. I'm so torn with it. Do I use it or not. Here it is:

QGKuN.png

My current bracer has 147 dex which is why I was a bit surprised the attack only goes down by so little considering it has no dex. But an extra 12% speed, an extra .5 crit chance, and the ias9%/life regen and all that make me want to use it.

dilemmmmmmaasss
Tough decision...do you have a link to your profile?

I'd assume that your current bracers have some kind of all resists already so it depends on how soft it'll make you to lose some of that. Of course if you aren't dying very much at all due to the overall damage nerfs to the inferno enemies, it seems like the extra boost to your movement speed would be handy for farming along with the MF.

Tough decision...do you have a link to your profile?

I'd assume that your current bracers have some kind of all resists already so it depends on how soft it'll make you to lose some of that. Of course if you aren't dying very much at all due to the overall damage nerfs to the inferno enemies, it seems like the extra boost to your movement speed would be handy for farming along with the MF.
they don't have all resist, too lazy to link lol. I'm a glass cannon DH. All it has is 4.0 crit chance, 15% MF, and 147 dex.

So it seems like a no brainer. With my boots it would give me 24% movement speed bonus. Reason it's a dilemma is because I'm doing just fine without lol. So I can milk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom