• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

I just got my SECOND LEGENDARY of 1.0.4. I'm so torn with it. Do I use it or not. Here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/QGKuN.png

My current bracer has 147 dex which is why I was a bit surprised the attack only goes down by so little considering it has no dex. But an extra 12% speed, an extra .5 crit chance, and the ias9%/life regen and all that make me want to use it.

dilemmmmmmaasss
I'd use them for the added movement speed.

Dahbomb

Vault of assassin. Build up 5 stacks from sewer, canyon mines and road to alcarnus then straight to VoA. Cave of Betrayer has decent amount of elites too.

Stripes55

Neo Member
ah cool, so via some quick math, assuming that there isn't a random jump in exp needed for the next level (aka each level is about the previous level plus 1.5 mil) it will take around 8,145,000,000 exp to reach level 100 paragon :p

given there is most likely a bump somewhere that number is likely the min amount of exp needed :p

I've seen 10,454,400,000 given as a total (over at gamefaqs, I believe it was, but I'm not sure if that's an official number). Presumably, there's a slight exponential increase in the XP needed for each level, so the approx 10.5 billion number is probably close.

what quest is that?

I can't seem to find it?
You choose the very last quest where you are going to kill Belial. Vault of Assassins is a permanent dungeon area in the Desolate Sands. It can be tough to find but it has a checkpoint attached to it so if you finish on there and restart a game, you'll actually spawn inside it.

I actually got bored with doing just that along with some of the other stuff as I was clearing it all so fast so just go and kill Belial at the end just for a change of pace.

zulux21

heh... I should have ran the numbers before I invested in a new helm... I think I will go back to my MF helm as I think the 41MF it adds it more worth it than the 7% time I will save with my exp helm lol

Definity

Once you get to the vault you can leave the game and come back next time and start there again. Just don't use any portals to move around. Always use the waypoints.

Damn did they ever pour the awesome sauce on the 2 hand weps.
Just seen a 2 hand staff 1100 dps with 110% crit damage and 399int. My enchantress will be happy.

Kenaras

they don't have all resist, too lazy to link lol. I'm a glass cannon DH. All it has is 4.0 crit chance, 15% MF, and 147 dex.

So it seems like a no brainer. With my boots it would give me 24% movement speed bonus. Reason it's a dilemma is because I'm doing just fine without lol. So I can milk it.

The movement speed is easily worth the minor loss is stats you'd suffer, but you're aware of that. The real question is whether you expect them to hold their value; if they do, there's nothing be lost by using them. It looks like your random affixes were life regen, crit chance, and magic find. My bet is that's good enough that the bracers will hold their value, but I don't know the auction house well enough to be sure.

On the other hand, if the value crashes over the next few days, it'd suck not to have taken advantage.

The movement speed is easily worth the minor loss is stats you'd suffer, but you're aware of that. The real question is whether you expect them to hold their value; if they do, there's nothing be lost by using them. It looks like your random affixes were life regen, crit chance, and magic find. My bet is that's good enough that the bracers will hold their value, but I don't know the auction house well enough to be sure.

On the other hand, if the value crashes over the next few days, it'd suck not to have taken advantage.
yeah I decided to just put it up for an obscene price in the rmah. If it sells I'll be happy. If not I'll just use it. Figure it's worth a try.

Jayhawk

You choose the very last quest where you are going to kill Belial. Vault of Assassins is a permanent dungeon area in the Desolate Sands. It can be tough to find but it has a checkpoint attached to it so if you finish on there and restart a game, you'll actually spawn inside it.

I actually got bored with doing just that along with some of the other stuff as I was clearing it all so fast so just go and kill Belial at the end just for a change of pace.

When I farm Act 2, I usually choose the last portion of the quest that involves killing Zoltun Kulle. With 5 stacks, you can kill ZK and Belial right after each other and get the guaranteed rare drops that come with 5 stacks. The only quest between killing ZK and Belial is rescuing the townspeople, and that takes a minute or so.

In addition to the recommended Vault of the Assassin, I do a quick run through the Oasis because of the guaranteed Resplendent Chests if any of the two treasure tombs shows up. At this point, I just run around maps looking for elite packs and ignore normal monsters.

foladar

My junk geared DH can now kite Act 3 elites. What have they done to this game?

Since they no longer regen/enrage, as long as you can do some damage and repair, anyone can technically. With the less hp, they definitely go down faster. Wish they added 'halfway' waypoints through dungeons, though, and at least allow NV to effect resp. chests.

larvi

Has anyone seen an issue with champs/elites moving at hyper speed? I've seen it twice, once with the purple demon you run into on the bridge going to alcarnus on your way to kill Magdah and then once with a random champ pack in the oasis. They were much faster than the normal fast affix (and didn't even have that), it's almost like they were recieving my barb's 40% sprint bonus.

bigf00t

Just saw this drop on Reddit:

alPIx.jpg

Two sockets???

KePoW

Banned
It's what people wanted: an easy game with crazy loot to make said game even easier to enable them to find said crazy loot more easily.

It's pretty stupid, they made it super easy mode now.

Since Inferno is so easy, what's the best Act 3 and 4 loots runs? Pre-patch, I did Act 2.

LordCanti

It's what people wanted: an easy game with crazy loot to make said game even easier to enable them to find said crazy loot more easily.

I've been reading the almost entirely positive reactions to the changes, and wondering how this is a good thing.

Scratch that; I know how it's a good thing for people that just couldn't wrap their mind around Inferno, but how is it a good thing for the rest of us?

Cagey

Banned
Inferno is nerfed to hell and back, but if you're not happy or bored - HC awaits.

Indeed. I'll play my used-to-be-OP (before I stopped for two months) DH with my buddies who still insist on softcore despite having level 60s on hardcore, but my main playing goal is to get all five classes to 60 on HC.

Although even that's a lot easier now.

Neki

I've been reading the almost entirely positive reactions to the changes, and wondering how this is a good thing.

Scratch that; I know how it's a good thing for people that just couldn't wrap their mind around Inferno, but how is it a good thing for the rest of us?

Don't ask me, I thought pre 1.03 difficulty was awesome. Required some real finesse and skill.

Now though? Zero skill, and the ability to completely outgear content exists.

Vicros

I think inferno was fine the way it was, it's nice to have something to measure your gear against. It's cool and all that it's easier to farm now but to what end? What are you hoping use that fancy new gear for? Just more farming? I want a wall I can throw myself at to see where I really stack up.

That said, I am glad they did away with the invulnerable minions. God I hated that shit.

Revoh

Is it really that easy now?
I'm sure Blizz will eventually increase the difficulty again.
They haven't found that sweet spot yet for the average Joe I think.
Man, people who beat vanilla inferno should be awarded with a special achievement
My 12k DPS Tank Barb was the shit back then :p

Won

They just need some super hard dungeon now.

Inferno for farming loot. Uberdungeon to throw that loot against stuff.

TheExodu5

Banned
Current build. Dogs aren't working out though...still not sure what I want as a 4th skill. Spirit Barrage is godly.

wd104.png

edit: Pierce the Veil might be a little much. Should be viable once I have more mana/mana-regen, but for now I can run out if I miss too many of my Spirit Barrages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom