• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Try doing it without the AH. You'll get good enough gear from drops and you can twink out weapons with rubies for a pretty big boost in damage. By the end of Hell, beginning of Inferno you might have to slow down, but I find it more fun to progress anyway.

Started up a Hardcore Monk to go alongside my normal one. I haven't leveled a character to 60 since 1.0, so is there a good hardcore leveling/build guide someone can recommend?

So far, I've been disenchanting almost all my magic gear drops and selling the mats, then buying better stuff on the AH. It seems like the economy is not so stupid on the HC side without the real money auction house.

Well the main thing is that inflation is controlled. People lose items and any gems that were in them when they die. And you're going to be wearing your best stuff 99% of the time, so everytime someone dies, it's not just any items being removed from the game, but good items.

Comparatively, inflation is rampant on softcore. If there was an item sink that removed good items from the economy since there isn't any soulbind system (besides hellfire rings and the new craftables on the ptr), then the economy would be more balanced. Maybe something like a gamble with a 25% chance to increase all the stats (this would be lucrative on items with already good affix rolls), but a 75% chance to destroy the item. Just a possible example with spitballed percentages.

Into

tYaypOi.png

Any clue as to whether i can get anything for these? No stamina probably drags them down, have no plans to make a Wizard so i just want something for them, im on EU.

I need some help on what to improve on my barbarian. Ignore the Hellfire ring, I'm just using it when I'm farming MP0, but I need input on what other pieces I should upgrade and tips on what to upgrade to. For bracers, I've been comparing mine to Lacuni's, but unless I spend a lot of money on them they make me lose too much EHP for too little damage improvement.

Here's a link to my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/teowind-1408/hero/1818831

Also feel free to add me if you want to play and do Infernal machines/whatever (still need a good ring). Battletag: teowind#1408

And by the way, is there any reliable, cheaper place to buy gold except for RMAH?

Anyone?

Rufus

tYaypOi.png

Any clue as to whether i can get anything for these? No stamina probably drags them down, have no plans to make a Wizard so i just want something for them, im on EU.
Oh, I don't know. Let me just pull up a random number here. Let's say, hmm, 28,961,544? Thereabouts.

Xizk

Apparently min-dmg is bugged somehow but people don't know if it means black weapons are getting nerfed or if jewelry are getting buffed. Wondering if I should try to sell my Black dagger with 1k dps,ias,crit,life steal and socket now or risk it being nerfed.

Rufus

It has 12% movement speed. Int roll is decently high. It's probably 9 digits or close.
I named the specific price because that's what he had already put it up for. They're gone now.

Remember, EU. There are plenty of similar ones listed from 30-50m on the first page alone. You need to have VIT on them to get 9 figures.

Good day random Dex pair of Vile Wards had drop sold for 20M and found a Hallowed Reckoning for 2M with a Flawless Star Emerald in the socket (second time its happened).

The actual games given me crap though today.

You know whats weird. Why are they making the Ruby do IAS for the new gem. I feel like they should be emphasizing the Topaz to make it not the most useless gem's ever...

injurai

Banned
Haven't played it yet, but the open beta starts tomorrow, right? Will definitely be giving it a whirl, at the very least to see what ideas could be help D3.

Been more high on Dota 2 lately though.

I got burned out with Dota because it was a huge gamble between instant gratification and utter disappointment. I was investing too much time into it, and I wasn't really enjoying playing just a game here or there without doing a marathon session. Great game, but for now I've given it up.

Anyways yea, play when the Open beta happens, this game is pretty dope.

turnbuckle

Good day random Dex pair of Vile Wards had drop sold for 20M and found a Hallowed Reckoning for 2M with a Flawless Star Emerald in the socket (second time its happened).

The actual games given me crap though today.

You know whats weird. Why are they making the Ruby do IAS for the new gem. I feel like they should be emphasizing the Topaz to make it not the most useless gem's ever...
the new ruby gives 150-150 weapon damage, not ias. agree with you on topaz!

the new ruby gives 150-150 weapon damage, not ias. agree with you on topaz!

Hmm, I didn't know that. Thats a pretty flat number, isn't that going to lead to clearly either the ruby/emerald still being the obvious choice for almost everyone?

What was the IAS stuff about? I swear I thought something was going to add IAS. So like that would be more important to a CM Wizard for example, than Critical Damage might be in a weapon.

turnbuckle

Hmm, I didn't know that. Thats a pretty flat number, isn't that going to lead to clearly either the ruby/emerald still being the obvious choice for almost everyone?

What was the IAS stuff about? I swear I thought something was going to add IAS. So like that would be more important to a CM Wizard for example, than Critical Damage might be in a weapon.

The stuff about IAS was all a misunderstanding. They were implying that a character with high attack speed may favor the new rubies over emeralds since average damage scales better with attack speed.

It seems like the emerald will still be the way to go in most situations, though the ruby will clearly be better leveling a new character. 150-150 damage is way better than 100% crit early on, but falls behind for nearly every build compared to emeralds after awhile.

Talaysen

It's an improvement from emerald being the obvious choice for everyone... They could've done more, but they'd have to change what the topaz does completely to make it not terrible.

My main is a WD paragon lvl 37. I want to lvl an alt's paragon for when I'm bored of my WD. I can't pick between my DH or Monk, is either one better for farming ubers?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
My main is a WD paragon lvl 37. I want to lvl an alt's paragon for when I'm bored of my WD. I can't pick between my DH or Monk, is either one better for farming ubers?

Both are good, WD may be easier if you want to solo ubers (waste of keys imo).

Almost 94...taking me 20 runs per level now.

RkOwnage

started playing this the other day and found 4 Legendaries in one day, was a good day, but I haven't found anymore since.

Found:
Manticore (only 1 socket, sadface)
Azurewrath
Lacuni Prowlers (bad roll)
Windforce

I am hesitating going into full play mode until 1.07 hits live for the EXP bonuses, but I don't know yet. Having a little more fun, maybe with the knowledge that Jay Wilson is gone makes it more appealing to me now, haha. How's everyone still enjoying the game?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
How are you doing exp runs? I never really thought about doing them. Whats a good way to maximize exp gain?

Most people do Alkhaizer's run, or a variation. It's just an endless grind of Act 3. If you google or youtube it you will see all the variations.

I like to stack some exp gear and just blast through MP0 fast as I can. For some classes it may be more efficient to do higher MP levels. Do like 5 in a row, time it and calculate your exp/hour.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Sorry for not responding sooner.

Your life seems like it might be your biggest issue. Since shoulders can roll up to 300 STR, you might be better served to get some standard rares that have high str and some vit and %life, even at the sacrifice of some AR and armor. Also look to get %life on your jewelry. An IK belt to support your build is the only other really obvious piece to change.

I'd send an invite but you're EU.

turnbuckle

mine was only 130.

also, i thought that 1000+ for 1-handers is supposed to be "high" not 600ish.

also, the duping thing doesnt seem to be true, just rumors?
their normal dps is around 60ish I believe, but I've seeded them over 600. that is incredibly high for a weapon that can be equipped at a low level

Cipherr

can anyone tell me why someone would buy a horardric hamburger for 5 dollars?

The stuff that people buy has never made much sense. I havent sold anything in a long while, but for the first little while last year, I would just sell random shit and people would buy it.

0SbCE0s.jpg

Sounds like it hasn't changed much if people are buying hamburgers for 5 bucks.

Dreavus

A couple friends and I picked the game up again after being absent for quite some time. I played with a friend of a friend who was running the Critical Mass Wizard build (to permanently freeze enemies) and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I am to understand that you basically need Crit chance and attack speed for that build to work correctly, is that right? I think that's the next thing I want to work towards since it looks like it'd be great for playing with a group.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
2.73 attacks per second, 50% critical hit chance, 20 arcane power on critical hit.

Chantodo's Wand with IAS is the cornerstone. Get a socketed Chant's when you can afford it and have the gear to support it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The stuff that people buy has never made much sense. I havent sold anything in a long while, but for the first little while last year, I would just sell random shit and people would buy it.

0SbCE0s.jpg

Sounds like it hasn't changed much if people are buying hamburgers for 5 bucks.

hah.

i think my most obscure thing was selling some yellow plans for 4 bucks.

Shifty76

Another thing that hasn't changed: People duping items.

The bnet forums are going nuts over a new wave of amulets being duped.

Also those crit str mempho's.

Been a while since I found an upgrade for my monk so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a bunch of green stat change text appear when checking to see if any of the items I had ID'd were AH material:

I'm a fire resist monk too, so double bonus on the resist roll.
Guess I'll throw my fire resist crit lacuni's up on the AH now - looks like similar-but-not-as-good ones are listed starting at around 70m, so that should be a nice profit too (think I paid 25m for mine a month or two back)

Probably a mix of my level and time I'm checking, but there's only ever 20 other people in the same range as me when I look for public games on Hardcore.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Probably a mix of my level and time I'm checking, but there's only ever 20 other people in the same range as me when I look for public games on Hardcore.

Whenever I get in the mood to play a multiplayer game on my wizard in inferno (softcore), I'm lucky if there are even people in any public games to choose from. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of people playing public multiplayer at all. Either most people play in private multi games, or most people play solo. Or, very few people actually play Diablo III anymore.

Vodh

Keep in mind, that firstly less people play public games in 1.0.6 simply because you can't enable Monster Power selection in them, and secondly, it's only showing you people engaged in games with free spots - there could be a 1000 people tied up in 4man games and you'd never see that.

Ploid 3.0

YOLT

The new Witch Doctor motto for barbs and monks who exit the pvp to reset their cooldowns and reenter. WD's got a answer for that. If they get cheesed like that they reset their spirit vessel if it gets used due to near death experience. You only live twice forever. When a WD does it and successfully resets it he then types out YOLT to rub it in the cheeser's face. I need to find a video of this happening.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281451

Shifty76

Whenever I get in the mood to play a multiplayer game on my wizard in inferno (softcore), I'm lucky if there are even people in any public games to choose from. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of people playing public multiplayer at all. Either most people play in private multi games, or most people play solo. Or, very few people actually play Diablo III anymore.

Add me if you like - I'm on most nights (NA server) Shifty76#1953
Mostly run either MF runs on MP3 or key runs on MP7-8

Crafted amulet from 1.07 test realm:

pb1rc1.png

http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pb1rc1.png if the img don't work

I think amulet market will really drop. You can just craft them all by yourself and get even better stats (example: max dex on an amulet is 330 and this one has almost 400).

And these crafted ones will have guaranteed 6 random properties so it's really great. Same for bracers, chest armor, and whatever other new crafting recipes there are. All of the market values for these items will drop since everything is account bound.

Crafted amulet from 1.07 test realm:

pb1rc1.png

http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/pb1rc1.png if the img don't work

I think amulet market will really drop. You can just craft them all by yourself and get even better stats (example: max dex on an amulet is 330 and this one has almost 400).

And these crafted ones will have guaranteed 6 random properties so it's really great. Same for bracers, chest armor, and whatever other new crafting recipes there are. All of the market values for these items will drop since everything is account bound.

So how much did it cost?

V_Arnold

Crafting will still be the equivalent of D2's gambling, with a little less thrill (no chance for set/unique). But yeah, it might be "viable".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom