• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

larvi

Did a quick A3 mp1 run this morning and found several legendaries, mostly the usual crap, i.e. gladiator gauntlets and ageless might, but then this dropped:

tra.png

Is this a jackpot item or will the new 1.07 ammys make this not worth as much anymore? I can't find anything on the ah with that much vit and crit chance. I don't play a wiz or wd much so don't know what stats are most important but even without dex it's an upgrade both in hp and dps for my dh so I would think it would be pretty valuable.

Tarazet

Did a quick A3 mp1 run this morning and found several legendaries, mostly the usual crap, i.e. gladiator gauntlets and ageless might, but then this dropped:

tra.png

Is this a jackpot item or will the new 1.07 ammys make this not worth as much anymore? I can't find anything on the ah with that much vit and crit chance. I don't play a wiz or wd much so don't know what stats are most important but even without dex it's an upgrade both in hp and dps for my dh so I would think it would be pretty valuable.

That's a really good roll, near the top of the range for Int. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-allegiance

Some advice for you an anyone else that reads this: have an idea of how much a given stat affects your build. This is harder for defense, but for offensive stats I have an idea of how much IAS, CD, CC, Dex, and avg damage I need to get a 1k increase in DPS. That way you can determine if an amulet with 100 dex and 8 CC is better than one with 150 Dex and 7.5 CC or not.

Using a calculator like d3up is immensely helpful with this.

I'll definitely take a look at that. The cookie cutter Monk build doesn't really have procs other than Fists of Thunder, which I would think benefits from attack speed more than other stats.

Bearing in mind I'm not running with Cyclone for the crit procs, the extra crit from an amulet might not actually make a huge difference. I was looking at some trinity amulets with no Dex, and they were increasing my sheet DPS by up to around 6K (about 10%), but I was also losing 20% of my hit points because the one I have on has a high Vit and Life% roll. Trying to add Vit into the equation put the price out of consideration, and swapping out for shoulders or belts with Vit + Life isn't financially feasible either. I'll have to wait until I have more money to lay down.

Tarazet

Yes. Fleetfoot is the only way to break the 24% speed barrier. It brings you to 34%. Fleetfoot with tempest rush is an extremely fast build, though it requires the use of two spirit passives and fleetfoot, leaving one a little squishy. For MP1/2 though ... it perfect. right now I dropped fleetfoot because tempest rush reduces it's need and I wanted a little more damage reduction since I only hve 29K life and find mp 0-2 too boring to run. I like mp 3 & 4 the most.

The whole INNA's set is nice. I used to think the massive reduction in cost to SW wasn't worth it, but I've changed my thinking a little here. The lack of spirit being spent on sweeping wind means more spirit for not only temptest rush, but also cyclone strike and exploding palm. It opens up the way in which you can play your monk.

The things that sucks about the INNA's set is that AR isn't standard. It's random and so getting good INNA's gear is expensive. If you're only going to go for two pieces, I would recomend the helm and pants. The helm is cheap and the pants provide movement and IAS. The belt is a decent damage boost but lacks either AR or VIT. You can't get both. A good chest is pricey too. If you run One With Everything you can stack your second res and bring down the cost on those pieces as well.

Most DPS monks wear the Nat's stuff too. Though only the boots and ring.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Yep, what you suggest is exactly what I've got on.. Inna's helm and pants, and Natalya's ring and boots. It definitely looks like I want to gun for the Inna's 4-piece bonus and Natalya 2-piece, because the resource cost reduction to Sweeping Wind will make it feasible to use Cyclone. It will just fundamentally improve the way I play. But gearing around the defensive stat loss (not to mention the cost of taking Fleet Footed instead of Guardian's Path) will cost a fortune.

Tarazet

Does the 5% vs 6% damage devalue it a lot. Also does the type of damage matter any for the value?

The extra % poison damage is mainly a benefit to folks running black weapons (since they can stack % increases from any type of damage). Maybe it will effect its value slightly, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. An extra point on crit chance would have been nice.

Tarazet

what is the cookie cutter monk spec, now a days?

Fists of Thunder - Thunder Clap
Sweeping Wind - Blade Storm (I prefer Master of Wind, with high Crit Cyclone is good)
Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
Serenity - Ascension
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Mantra of Conviction - Overawe

Passives: Resolve or Fleet Footed, One With Everything, and Seize the Initiative.

It's all basically about stacking damage buffs. There's also an alternate that uses the Combination Strike passive with Deadly Reach - Foresight in addition to Thunder Clap, but it's more complicated to play.

Yep, what you suggest is exactly what I've got on.. Inna's helm and pants, and Natalya's ring and boots. It definitely looks like I want to gun for the Inna's 4-piece bonus and Natalya 2-piece, because the resource cost reduction to Sweeping Wind will make it feasible to use Cyclone. It will just fundamentally improve the way I play. But gearing around the defensive stat loss (not to mention the cost of taking Fleet Footed instead of Guardian's Path) will cost a fortune.

Yeah, the set requires sacrifices. I have 560 AR and good LS, but that cost a ton and I'm still left short in life.

The developers are going to do a Q&A: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8520755/

This thread unlocks Tuesday, January 29, at 10:00 a.m. PST: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398

Should be interesting.

Hmmm ... That will be interesting

Shifty76

I'm running at 24% movement speed, I thought there was a cap on it. Do you have to use the Fleet Footed passive to get around that?

1) I think you underestimate the price of such things. Like by a zero or two.

Maybe I got a good deal, but I paid around 1.5m for mine:

Dire Badge (Rare Amulet)
+31-63 Damage (Min-Max)
+110 Dexterity
+34 Fire Resistance
Critical Hit Damage increased by 63%
Critical Hit Chance increased by 5.5%
+25 Minimum Damage

Tarazet

Maybe I got a good deal, but I paid around 1.5m for mine:

Dire Badge (Rare Amulet)
+31-63 Damage (Min-Max)
+110 Dexterity
+34 Fire Resistance
Critical Hit Damage increased by 63%
Critical Hit Chance increased by 5.5%
+25 Minimum Damage

It has a +average damage roll and a +min damage roll? And fire resist? You stole that.

Shifty76

It has a +average damage roll and a +min damage roll? And fire resist? You stole that.

Well, the +min dmg roll must be one of those "hidden" rolls you sometimes get. I always sort by avg dmg & go for the highest I can afford.

Regarding the comment about cookie cutter Fot/SW build:

Rune for SW is generally cyclone if your crit % is over 30% as you'll get more damage out of it.

I also prefer Deadly Reach - Foresight over BoH Blazing Wrath as I run with combo strike as a passive, so I get +18% from Deadly Reach and +16% from combo strike, so +34% dmg vs +15% dmg from Bo and whatever passive I skipped on (usually fleet footed or resolve)

*E* 775 is TONS of resist. I somehow built myself back up over 700, but I was doing fine with ~550

Fists of Thunder - Thunder Clap
Sweeping Wind - Blade Storm (I prefer Master of Wind, with high Crit Cyclone is good)
Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
Serenity - Ascension
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Mantra of Conviction - Overawe

Passives: Resolve or Fleet Footed, One With Everything, and Seize the Initiative.

It's all basically about stacking damage buffs. There's also an alternate that uses the Combination Strike passive with Deadly Reach - Foresight in addition to Thunder Clap, but it's more complicated to play.

thank you!

I was using something similar with combination strike and Way of the Hundred Fists to get the haste buff plus the damage boost from comination strike using fists of thunder as primary damage. It worked pretty well up but I'm no pro so it probably isn't that good relatively.

Is lootalert safe or has people actually been banned for it?

People claim to have been banned, I really dont think Blizzard would though. Active streamers who you can see using them dont get banned and that is pretty irrefutable.

Untitled-63_zps44253aa9.png

Think I can get anything for this? My 2nd dub socket Manticore but this ones Int and the DPS is lower than the last. In game now.

Lol I got a Balefire Caster after this Manticore and after that I got a Windforce.

Its the bows night I guess!

VALKYRAY

Banned

tra.png

this amulet is god like. good luck trying to craft one thta is better

neoism

I'm still not ready, dont have close to the amount of stuff to get the Marquiese or the Crafting stuff. I must play Diablo all this weekend.

downloaded POE lol its decent but the combat is just ok..... shame d3 doesn't have it itemization.... but the combat is amazingly fun in d3.... gonna start a wiz once its released.... all dat exp. Other than the ammys not even gonna bother with the crafting.... and fuck the new gem waaaaay to expensive..

VALKYRAY

Banned
poe sucks, no independent drops in a party. people jacking your shit all the time.
this is a step backward.
go play diablo 2, because its a better game.

Tarazet

People claim to have been banned, I really dont think Blizzard would though. Active streamers who you can see using them dont get banned and that is pretty irrefutable.

Untitled-63_zps44253aa9.png

Think I can get anything for this? My 2nd dub socket Manticore but this ones Int and the DPS is lower than the last. In game now.

It's got a double int roll, which sucks, but the extra socket.. I'm thinking that can't be common.

Tarazet

thank you!

I was using something similar with combination strike and Way of the Hundred Fists to get the haste buff plus the damage boost from comination strike using fists of thunder as primary damage. It worked pretty well up but I'm no pro so it probably isn't that good relatively.

The thing about Thunderclap is it does really outstanding AoE damage. The thing a Monk does best is get into the middle of all the shit and just dismantle it from the inside out. Based on some of the tips I got from others, I ran with this build tonight. It accentuates those strengths even more (with Cyclone, AoE damage went from great to overwhelming), but it does seem to sacrifice single-target damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aSXgYk!ZXU!acbYca

If you like the playstyle of running with Hundred Fists and Blazing Fists for the stacking IAS buff, you could work it in with the build by replacing Breath of Heaven. But do bear in mind you can only get the stacks off of crits from Hundred Fists, and during the time you're trying to get them, you're losing AoE damage output by not using FoT. If you use Deadly Reach - Foresight instead, you don't have to game the buff stacks and you can just enjoy the extra damage for 30 seconds, then weave in single Deadly Reach hits to keep up the Combination Strike buff.

neoism

poe sucks, no independent drops in a party. people jacking your shit all the time.
this is a step backward.
go play diablo 2, because its a better game.

i agree just downloaded it to see... and to waste time til the patch really no reason to play because of the insane exp bonus coming. Would rather play D3 ;p D2 was fun, but to hardcore for me, loosing gold on death.. forgetting were I died to go get my shit. lol I only ever played to act 2 in D2 normal. I was level 44 when I got to act 2 because I wanted to over level.. still died a shit load just didn't click with me... Love the music and the vibe the game had though. But D3 is the best for me people just love hatin it...I can see were they comin from though... the game will be amazin once the expansion comes in 2099 :p
Plus the controls are bad on poe.... I love just using my mouse in d3..<3

Vodh

I'm actually enjoying PoE, quite surprisingly. Y'all should give it a chance. The passives tree is great and the itemization is interesting. Tho the fact that I'm lvl 30 and I'm still wearing the legendary gloves I've found when I was level 2 might be a bit of an overkill TBH, getting tired of them. But then again, makes finding legendaries a happy happy moment. Also, the graphic feels like a nice tribute to D2.

The controls, the feel of the gameplay and the combat are terrible. Can't believe how much of a clusterfuck everything is, especially if you're playing melee in a team with someone using minions. Hope they improve in time, but they have a long way to go before they even achieve D2 levels of goodness. Can't wait for 1.0.7, but PoE is, as I said, a surprisingly good distraction, should keep me entertained until the patch hits.

Oh wow i played D3 first time after 3 months and almost died to act 1 inferno skeletons :)
Unbelivable how badly my skills and reaction speed degraded in that time.

Ryan_

Anyone wanna join me and my friend for an MP8 Uber run?

We both have machines, he's a DH, I'm a CM Wiz.

Add me! Ryan#1961

turnbuckle

:) Bought a sword I thought was going to be an upgrade last weekend for 180m gold. Had 54 crit damage, a socket, 3% lifesteal, and 1180 or so DPS. After playing around with it for a few hours I found that I still greatly preferred my dagger so I decided to swell the sword. Got $85 out of it!

Basically about a 120m profit and a reminder of why I love my 10% increased attack speed dagger so much. Hard to quit that weapon.

turnbuckle

Anyone wanna join me and my friend for an MP8 Uber run?

We both have machines, he's a DH, I'm a CM Wiz.

Add me! Ryan#1961

If only I was around to play when you posted this I would've signed up. I haven't played much this week but I'll be on some this weekend for sure. Gotta stock up on essence and tomes with the patch (hopefully) right around the corner.

Tarazet

:) Bought a sword I thought was going to be an upgrade last weekend for 180m gold. Had 54 crit damage, a socket, 3% lifesteal, and 1180 or so DPS. After playing around with it for a few hours I found that I still greatly preferred my dagger so I decided to swell the sword. Got $85 out of it!

Basically about a 120m profit and a reminder of why I love my 10% increased attack speed dagger so much. Hard to quit that weapon.

I'd like to get a dagger, but they don't seem to roll very high on DPS. I'm going with the approach of high damage on mainhand, high stats on offhand. If I could get a 900-1000 DPS dagger with a good Dex roll and a socket, life steal and IAS, I would be seriously happy.

turnbuckle

I'd like to get a dagger, but they don't seem to roll very high on DPS. I'm going with the approach of high damage on mainhand, high stats on offhand. If I could get a 900-1000 DPS dagger with a good Dex roll and a socket, life steal and IAS, I would be seriously happy.

My dagger is about 400 dps less than the sword I had but the attack speed of the dagger puts me past a couple break points that far more than make up for the lower sheet dps. I'm not sure how that works for most of the classes, but as a WW barb who swings an occasional hammer the dagger is incredible.

Zangief

Of course, if I could get one with 900-1000 dps and ls, sock, crit we're talking a dagger that is probably worth more than the gold limit on the auction house :p

My dagger is about 400 dps less than the sword I had but the attack speed of the dagger puts me past a couple break points that far more than make up for the lower sheet dps. I'm not sure how that works for most of the classes, but as a WW barb who swings an occasional hammer the dagger is incredible.

Zangief

Of course, if I could get one with 900-1000 dps and ls, sock, crit we're talking a dagger that is probably worth more than the gold limit on the auction house :p

holyshit at your gear. is that a double damage roll unity? and your 5.5 crit 9 as 80 str lacunis!

Tarazet

Zangief

Fuck me, that gear is incredible. None of the individual numbers are amazing, but 522% crit damage made me leak a little.

turnbuckle

Heh, I have a crit + str mempo and 250+ str, 12 MS ice climbers in my stash too :p Only bring those out for ubers though.

I sold a manajuma knife for 800m gold right after I "unquit", and during me "quit" time I basically used 20-30 minutes a night to look for deals on the AH :)

Stormshields probably netted me over 1b profit.
Buying up radiant star rubies at the height of their price will probably net me a hundred mil loss :(

Win some, lose some!

Tarazet

Check out Moldran's PVP impossible to kill build :O

Moldran

That's pretty silly. Pointless for PVE of course, unless you're running Ubers.

My partner refuses to run on anything over MP0, because he says the tradeoff of magic find isn't worth the extra time spent fighting mobs (for MP1, 25% magic find vs. mobs with 150% more health). But doesn't the extra magic find also improve the rolls you get?

That's pretty silly. Pointless for PVE of course, unless you're running Ubers.

My partner refuses to run on anything over MP0, because he says the tradeoff of magic find isn't worth the extra time spent fighting mobs (for MP1, 25% magic find vs. mobs with 150% more health). But doesn't the extra magic find also improve the rolls you get?

Kinda not really. It increases the chances that you'll roll 6 stat rolls instead of 4 stat rolls. It doesn't affect the roll itself though. You'll get more 4 stat yellows in MP0 that MP5.

I get the whole efficiency, but find MP0 to be so boring I would rather sacrifice the small amount of efficiency I give up playing higher MP for a little bit of pushback from the monsters. 1.0.7 will increase the EXP bonus too.

Tarazet

Kinda not really. It increases the chances that you'll roll 6 stat rolls instead of 4 stat rolls. It doesn't affect the roll itself though. You'll get more 4 stat yellows in MP0 that MP5.

I get the whole efficiency, but find MP0 to be so boring I would rather sacrifice the small amount of efficiency I give up playing higher MP for a little bit of pushback from the monsters. 1.0.7 will increase the EXP bonus too.

Well, I suppose you could always run with less AR and higher magic find if you don't find MP0 exciting/challenging enough. I mean, if all you care about is item farming (and the vast amount of anyone's playtime is exactly that), it seems like you can't really get better than maxxing out MF and blowing through MP0.

turnbuckle

Yup. If your objective is getting the most rares and legendaries and XP per hour, there's no reason to play anything other than act 3 MP0. This could be bumped up to mp1 or 2 if you're able to one shot everything there, but for 99% of players MP0 is the way to go. I just find it to be completely boring and soul draining to play that way so I usually farm on MP4 or MP5.

Only time I go beyond MP6 is when I'm doing ubers. The HP gains for mobs just get to be way too much for the reward potential, and I don't find fighting enemies with a ridiculous amount of life to be that enjoyable. I'd love for them to dial down mob HP, increase their damage a tick, and crank up the mob density as you go higher in monster power. Until something like that occurs MP0 is still going to be the place to be for farming drops. I just feel like a fury starved zombie playing that way most of the time.

turnbuckle

Well, I suppose you could always run with less AR and higher magic find if you don't find MP0 exciting/challenging enough. I mean, if all you care about is item farming (and the vast amount of anyone's playtime is exactly that), it seems like you can't really get better than maxxing out MF and blowing through MP0.

That's 100% correct. But then nerfing yourself to make farming for better drops more enjoyable kinda feels pointless unless you're playing to make money or something.

I think it was a bit unwise to not have magic find also affect the probability of rolls being good, even if very slightly (say, 1 mf = .01% better chance of rolling in the upper range for an affix). 99 out of 100 items are going to be salvaged or sold to the vendor even with 500+ magic find.

But it does feel so sweet getting that one jackpot item.

Tarazet

That's 100% correct. But then nerfing yourself to make farming for better drops more enjoyable kinda feels pointless unless you're playing to make money or something.

I think it was a bit unwise to not have magic find also affect the probability of rolls being good, even if very slightly (say, 1 mf = .01% better chance of rolling in the upper range for an affix). 99 out of 100 items are going to be salvaged or sold to the vendor even with 500+ magic find.

But it does feel so sweet getting that one jackpot item.

I guess I'm just wondering. OK, I can play on A3 MP0 forever. Get Paragon 10000, 4 million DPS on the sheet sometime next century. Great. Now what?

turnbuckle

The added exp bonus should make paragon leveling an alt way easier too.

My first alt I'm going to seriously level up is probably my female barb :p I have a few alts that are between plvl 10 and 30, but I don't want to re-buy a bunch of gear and gems for a new class. I really wish there was a second strength class cus now I feel trapped.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wow, they finally gave an official response on multiboxing in D3, and it's given the thumbs up:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=2#25

Key part:

You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

(So input broadcasting is fine, but don't go writing auto-follow bots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom