• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

if you're going for anything other than organs or challenge, act 3 monster power 0 is going to be most efficient. until you can one shot nearly everything in mp1.

I'm thinking I'll be playing mp5 unless I'm doing ubers once the patch hits.

Shifty76

gold is going up! made a billion gold on a manajuma knife and couple of stormshields sales yesterday :)

Question for you (and any others who have silly amounts of gold):

Outside of stupid blind luck finding an item worth hundreds of millions, are you pretty much forced to play the RMAH/gold AH trading game to get that amount of gold? I'm talking 500m+

I've played this game LOTS...got all 5 classes to 60, got my monk to plvl 63 or so, and the highest amount of gold I've ever had on hand was around 40-50m.

I did see a 10% crit stormshield with max block on the RMAH the other day for $2.50 which I figured was a crazy good deal, but by the time I worked through setting up paypal for the RMAH it was gone.

Do you pretty much just buy items for cheap on the RMAH then flip them on the gold AH and vice versa?

ATTN Monks:

patch notes said:
Fixed an issue where Sweeping Wind was not actively updating its damage and attributes from the player

Apparently they are doing this by updating Sweeping Wind much more often (possibly every strike or maybe on a counter). So it sounds like the Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light buff will only work for the 3 seconds it is active instead of for the duration of a SW cast. This is according to a few guys doing tests on the PTR with SW from the Monk forum on battle.net.

If this is indeed the case, I'll probably swap in some other skills for Blinding Flash and see which I like best.

Shifty76

ATTN Monks:

Apparently they are doing this by updating Sweeping Wind much more often (possibly every strike or maybe on a counter). So it sounds like the Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light buff will only work for the 3 seconds it is active instead of for the duration of a SW cast. This is according to a few guys doing tests on the PTR with SW from the Monk forum on battle.net.

If this is indeed the case, I'll probably swap in some other skills for Blinding Flash and see which I like best.

Apparently some things still carry over from weapon switches. Dmg vs elites and life steal are among them. I wouldn't count on that making it through to the final 1.07 though

Apparently some things still carry over from weapon switches. Dmg vs elites and life steal are among them. I wouldn't count on that making it through to the final 1.07 though

some people say LS & DvsE don't snapshot in ptr and some people say the opposite.

i'll try first....

Go weeks (months) without getting a legendary, get two within 30 minutes of each other today. Lacuni Prowlers and a Sever, both pretty crap though. This is exactly how it happened last time I got legendaries (although that was before they even had a chance to be decent.)

Suppose the RNG is just catching up to me. Still haven't gotten anything with the magic combination of rolls though, even low ones.

turnbuckle

Question for you (and any others who have silly amounts of gold):

Outside of stupid blind luck finding an item worth hundreds of millions, are you pretty much forced to play the RMAH/gold AH trading game to get that amount of gold? I'm talking 500m+

I've played this game LOTS...got all 5 classes to 60, got my monk to plvl 63 or so, and the highest amount of gold I've ever had on hand was around 40-50m.

I did see a 10% crit stormshield with max block on the RMAH the other day for $2.50 which I figured was a crazy good deal, but by the time I worked through setting up paypal for the RMAH it was gone.

Do you pretty much just buy items for cheap on the RMAH then flip them on the gold AH and vice versa?

I hardly ever buy stuff on the rmah. I tend to find better deals on the GAH and then I'll flip them on the RMAH and sell the proceeds for gold (or have the gold go to paypal).

The manajuma knife I sold for 800m was a drop. I quit playing for about 2 weeks, and within the first 10 minutes of playing after I came back that dropped and an IK chest (which I sold for 20m).

I would never get the gold I have if it wasn't for playing the AH game along with the main game. I've had an 800m drop, a 400m drop, a $125 drop, a $80 drop, $30 drop, and a bunch of drops below $20.

My mainhand weapon, the ring I use most often, and the amulet I use most often were also all drops. The mainhand weapon was a drop from my roommate, but that kinda counts :p

Throughout time I probably paid $180 in the rmah, and I've made a couple times that back from the rmah.

I'll be on in 30 minutes. Who wants to roll like the good ol days?

Played all night. Went 2/3 on a MP8 uber run, not getting the piece I need. Of course.

Didnt get a sellable rare, didnt get a set item, didnt get a legendary.

That was...something.

Good games though! I tanked the crap out of everything.

Ingeniero

So I played some.
Found a good amulet, dropped in Act4.

Bought Helm, 2 rings, belt, pants and boots from the AH, all for less than 300,000 gold.
Now my DPS is almost 100K unbuffed (was only 29K last week).
I'm also trying a new build with Fury generation and Hammer of the Ancients.

I am doing OK, and having fun which is the most important.

What should I upgrade next? I now my HP is too low...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/3763386

Also, any tips to start grinding for the infernal machine items?
Regards.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I liiiiive! Raticus79#1110 is me.

Does this mean the sweeping wind weapon swap trick has been nerfed?

Yup, they were pretty thorough about it. The parts that they missed would give maybe a 10% boost for swapping compared to ~500% like in 1.0.6, and those leftovers will probably go away too.

Snapshot+swap still works on a few other areas of the game in PTR - for example:
  • Tempest Rush - cast blinding flash before starting and it'll boost the whole run until you stop. You can also put it on a skill key instead of a click and do some swap shenanigans with 2h/1h damage, attack speed and spirit cost.
  • Storm Armour
  • Gargantuan

cyclone strike 8 enemy limit breaks my heart

I tried it out and it doesn't seem to be any different, so I think that limit may have always been there.

I'm looking forward to the patch. I think group play might finally be the best way to level, if you get a good group and can crank up the monster power as a result.

kennah

Yup, they were pretty thorough about it. The parts that they missed would give maybe a 10% boost for swapping compared to ~500% like in 1.0.6, and those leftovers will probably go away too.

Snapshot+swap still works on a few other areas of the game in PTR - for example:
  • Tempest Rush - cast blinding flash before starting and it'll boost the whole run until you stop. You can also put it on a skill key instead of a click and do some swap shenanigans with 2h/1h damage, attack speed and spirit cost.
  • Storm Armour
  • Gargantuan

I tried it out and it doesn't seem to be any different, so I think that limit may have always been there.

I'm looking forward to the patch. I think group play might finally be the best way to level, if you get a good group and can crank up the monster power as a result.

FINALLY! Welcome :)

j-wood

I'm thinking of jumping back into D3 because:

1. Jay Wilson is moving on
2. 1.07 looks pretty good

Does a decent community still exist? Or is it barebones now?

kennah

Thread is pretty active, lots of GAFfers still play. I usually don't have trouble finding a group when I make it on these days.

• Storm Armour
  • Gargantuan

Welcome man! Glad you're finally here!!!!

turnbuckle

From the Jay Wilson out thread on the gaming forum you'd think this was the worst piece of shit game of all time. Wonder what effect him stepping down will have on the future of the game, but I'd say it's been moving in a good direction ever since 1.04. I'd like things to get better faster, but as is the game is so much better than what the regular gaming side thread would have you believe.

There are quite a few things that can still be done to make the game better, but little by little it's getting there. I wonder if I had started playing in May instead of August if I'd be in that thread complaining too.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
As I said in there.

Best case is placebo effect. They come to 107 now that he's gone after quitting at 101 and think things are finally OK without realizing how much has evolved in the meantime, or how insignificant his departure is.

Typical case is nothing changes. Opinions formed in May 2012 are in stone and shall not be debated or altered.

Yea that thread is ridiculous...I like this game. I know people had high expectations for Diablo so I'm kind of glad I jumped in at the beginning of D3 and never knew the other games. What did he do though? Just didnt make a game up to people's expectations? Or did he egg something on?

I wonder this because I am pretty upset at 343 for what they did with Halo. Loved the past ones, and I'm sure theres people who like H4 and have no idea about the past in that series. So its a little similar.

Dahbomb

*Casuals coming back to D3 after quitting 2 weeks into D3's release*

WOW this game is SOO much better now that Jay Wilson left.

I joke around Jaw Wilson a lot but people make him out to be some sub par developer.

neoism

I'm waiting for 1.0.7 to start back up full swing. I feel like time spent right now is a waste with the lack of the new mp exp bonus.

most definitely the exp bonus is insane... will only play a little for essences which probably isn't even worth doing... they just want a gold sink.

Tarazet

• Storm Armour
  • Gargantuan

Tempest Rush has a really high channel cost, even with a 2-hander, and does so-so damage. Maybe if you were wielding a Skorn and took the extra spirit talent, you could make that somewhat worthwhile. What made the Sweeping Wind trick ridiculous was that it applied to a skill that applies extra damage while you're auto-attacking, so not only could you benefit from the snapshot, but you could continue to regenerate your resource so you could repeatedly spam your Mantra, as long as you were still hitting things. Ridiculously OP on long fights.

Vodh

My friendlist is pretty empty, haven't added any Gaffers but I think it's way past the time to finally start playing with you since I've been sitting around, lurking and posting since OT1.

Vodh#2936 (EU)

Feel free to add me, I mostly play a ~100k DPS desintegrate wizard (don't have the gear for a CM build sadly)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'll probably play a bunch this weekend to work on clearing Inferno. If anyone wants to hang out and join, feel free to add me (tag is in the OP list somewhere, ha).

Also, kennah, I still have your mega sword. I've missed you if you've been on to return that beast. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom