• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what the fuck do I do in this game. Played a lot at launch, took a break until Paragon levels were introduced, played a bit, took a break and now im back.

Hellfire rings? Ubers?

-Paragon to 100. Paragon all classes to 100.
-Finish every achievement
-Upgrade your gear, make a really good Hellfire.
-Try n flip items on auction house
-Try n make cash
-PVP for fun soon...

You can make your own goals. But ultimately if they made a end goal the game could be beaten and then dropped. They just want you sticking around looking for good loot.

Also have fun. If you arent I would stop. I love smashing all the enemies with people from here especially. I dont take the game too serious.

TUSR

Banned
-Try n make cash
-PVP for fun soon...

You can make your own goals. But ultimately if they made a end goal the game could be beaten and then dropped. They just want you sticking around looking for good loot.

Also have fun. If you arent I would stop. I love smashing all the enemies with people from here especially. I dont take the game too serious.

Ive been enjoying doing my Paragon levels with my Wiz and trying to find some good gear. found a wizard manticore and some low dmg roll 2 handed mace.

I want to get to the point where I was like my D2 Paladin with 14K hammers and can dump truck everything in PVE.

Whats the best way for tackling leveling up?

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Ive been enjoying doing my Paragon levels with my Wiz and trying to find some good gear. found a wizard manticore and some low dmg roll 2 handed mace.

I want to get to the point where I was like my D2 Paladin with 14K hammers and can dump truck everything in PVE.

Whats the best way for tackling leveling up?

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Weird I found a 300Int dub socket 1000dps manticore a few days ago.

Umm I've been told Alkalizers (spelling?) runs were what most people do but I actually never looked into it. I probably should.

I usually run from Keeps 3 down to Bastion Sronghold and then Arreat Core to Azmodan. I enjoy that run MP0.

Shifty76

Umm I've been told Alkalizers (spelling?) runs were what most people do but I actually never looked into it. I probably should.

I usually run from Keeps 3 down to Bastion Sronghold and then Arreat Core to Azmodan. I enjoy that run MP0.

Alkaizer :)

Core->Twr Damned 1->Crater 2->Rakkis->Fields->Keeps 2

At least I think that's it. Been a while since I did that exact run.

turnbuckle

-Try n make cash
-PVP for fun soon...

I agree but understand where TUSR is coming from. We shouldn't expect this game to be played perpetually driven by constantly updating content like an MMO but the end game feels a bit more shallow than it should. A big part of it is the lack of randomization, map variety, poor build + gear diversity, a narrow area of the game that's heads and shoulders better for getting gear, and no kind of ladder or leaderboards or anything but the auction house to really motivate people to keep playing the same stuff.

I still have a lot of fun playing the game in shorter bursts with friends, but even that is a pretty shallow experience after awhile. Limiting multiplayer to 4 players, isolating each act from the other instead of having a continuous world, and the whole nephalem valor mechanic all make the game even less entertaining imo.

The nephalem thing could be better if you were allowed to restart a run with your stacks, if you could turn off quests to allow free movement throughout an act while keeping the mid bosses and bosses intact, if you could use the portals to travel between any act you'd like (rather than the linear approach that you will be able to keep your stacks in with 1.07), and if you could change your skills while using it. But instead it kind of feels like a forced chore you have to do over and over again. I think part of it is designed to avoid boss rushing, but with the loot tables being the same across the board I don't see why it has to be included. And it's kind of annoying having to get your stacks every time you want to do Uber runs after awhile, especially if you plan on doing multiple runs.

I really loved the addition of ubers and key wardens. Ubers can be a ton of fun, and key wardens are cool because they added a new challenge to your regular runs. I'd love to see more "Super Elites" like them scattered randomly throughout acts that offered their a unique challenge and set of rewards. The Act 1 warden in particular can be vicious on higher monster power when paired up with those damned trees, leaping enemies, and the charging beasts. If the density was a lotbetter I think the fields of misery would be one of my favorite areas in the game for a balance of challenge and reward. I want to see a ton more stuff like that added.

Tarazet

I've been doing this:

Tower of the Damned Lv1
Tower of the Cursed Lv1
Arreat Crater 2 until 5 stacks of Nephalem
Keep Depths 1 - door to Keep Depths 2
Rakkis Crossing - straight shot southwest, continue to Fields of Slaughter
Stonefort until you kill Keywarden
Arreat Core - kill Azmodan

turnbuckle

Lately when I play I care more about getting the most from the stacks before restarting rather than on pure efficiency for experience. My runs are probably not even efficient for gear but I think it works well enough.

I like to do skycrown battlements since I nearly always get 5 stacks and there are no dead ends to worry about then I'll kill the warden in stonefort. After that I:

- Tower of damned to Crater 2
- Crater 2 to the exit
- Go backwards through the 3 floors of the the first tower's waypoint
- Port to rakkis and work my way across the fields
- Go backwards from Keep 3 to keep 2 to keep 1

That in no way is efficient, but I really grew bored of doing the quick runs and skipping most of the rares / tomes / gems that dropped. I kinda feel more like a machine when I do the latter approach and now that I'm pretty well geared I feel more like killing a lot more stuff with my stacks. I also play on MP5, which is the point where I feel I'm getting a good challenge but not being terribly slowed down and still can use the unforgiving passive for my barb along with my IK bonus to make sure that fury is constantly filling up. That's why I rarely wear my nice Mempo and Ice Climbers and why I infrequently equip the hellfire ring.

I've always done a modified version of that famous run. Evryone always skips the keeps III.

I start at the end of Core by Azmo. Then I clear that out until I get to the waypoint. I shoot directly to keeps III from here. I do this for several reasons. One being that by the end of the core and keeps III I usually have a full stack. I like to make sure I hit the areas of high mob density with a full stack. The second reason I do this is because it helps me mark the end of keeps II. As I clear the keeps III I'll eventually run into the exit to keeps II and this gives me the chance to pop in and out real fast. Now when I do the keeps II it easier to make a choice between two paths since the end is clearly marked on the map.

So I do:

Core then WP to Keeps III. Clear Keeps III and mark level II on map. TP to town. WP to Keeps I and then move to keeps II. Clear keeps II. TP back and dump items. WP to the fields and march my way to siege. From here I usually just clear Tower of Damned I and then WP to Tower of the Cursed and do both I and II and then stop. SOmetimes I do everything from siege on. I alway start with core to keeps three though.

EDIT: If you get bored and want to do Keeps I, you can start from the town now and have the end marked on the map for easier traveral as well.

I like Keep 3 because its always 3 elites but sometimes up to 5. In a very small field, its generally shaped like a cross so theres a little backtracking but its not bad. While Keeps 2 and 1 can get quite big and sometimes repeat sections to go larger so the champion density can get small.

Arreat Core 2 to Azmodan always has 1-2 and I think can have 3? in that very small section.

Thats an easy 5.

Keeps three is a cross. You start from the end and you move to a center room with three ways to go. It's pretty easy to see which way continues on from this room. Two paths are short and one coninues on for a while. So there really shoudn't be much back tracking at all. Just make sure that when you see the exit to keeps II you go through it. NOw, when you hit up keeps II from the start, you have the end marked on the map. This makes running keeps II in its entirety easy to do without backtracking. Since you have to WP to keeps I and then walk through the exit to keeps II, you now have that marked on the map as well. So for ease, I always do the keeps backwards.

Clear Keeps III > Mark keep II WP > TP > WP Keeps I and mark that spot > Enter Keeps II and Clear > TP and then start Keeps I from the begining.

Doing it this way ensures you always know where the exit is on the map and ensures you never backtrack from making the wrong decision.

Tarazet

I like Keep 3 because its always 3 elites but sometimes up to 5. In a very small field, its generally shaped like a cross so theres a little backtracking but its not bad. While Keeps 2 and 1 can get quite big and sometimes repeat sections to go larger so the champion density can get small.

Arreat Core 2 to Azmodan always has 1-2 and I think can have 3? in that very small section.

Thats an easy 5.

Damned + Cursed will give you 4-5 stacks almost every time, and it's just two small circles.

Also last night we were on our last MP10 uber Siegebreaker, had Kuhl killed, we were just draining him numbers popping everywhere and then boom game froze. Ughh. I also notice the games been running sloppier lately too, enemies hp numbers ticking lags. I assume its Blizzards side cause I havent changed a thing on my end. Probably has something to do with the PTR servers, AH lag, and everything and should be OK after the patch I'm hoping.

Also last night we were on our last MP10 uber Siegebreaker, had Kuhl killed, we were just draining him numbers popping everywhere and then boom game froze. Ughh. I also notice the games been running sloppier lately too, enemies hp numbers ticking lags. I assume its Blizzards side cause I havent changed a thing on my end. Probably has something to do with the PTR servers, AH lag, and everything and should be OK after the patch I'm hoping.

The game and the AH have been running like shit since the last server maint a week ago.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Finally beat the game on Nightmare. Stepped into hell and it is pretty tough lol. My gear is terrible for this level I think. I picked up a blue Wizard helm and it had more than twice the armor of my helm (I'm a Barb). That just doesn't seem right and I am taking a TON of damage.

Vio-Lence

Banned
i like to do
Core of Arreat
WP to Damned 1 clear counter clockwise
WP to Arreat Crater 2 - I clear AC2 and enter
Cursed 1 - clear and TP and vendor shit
WP to Keeps 1 and enter Keeps 2
Clear Keeps 2 until 3
Clear Keeps 3 to WP and port to Rakkis Crossing
Clear Rakkis to the Fields of Slaughter
Clear Fields and do new game.

Runs are fast on my WW barb or when i go archon wiz.

latley i've been soloing MP8 or MP9 on my barb for keys. the other thing i tried on my barb for low level MPs is amazing is Frenzy - Vanguard for the extra 15% movement speed. 24% ms, + sprint, + vanguard, + WOTB, + Fleet Shrine is great.

Anyone up for key runs tonight in about a fifteen minutes?

Probably a bunch of Act II MP7+, maybe some Act I's.

I think we all probably have enough Act III's.

Oh man I sold a follower item for 4M. Thats pretty good I'd say. 221dex 100 vit 74 AR and 74% crit dam.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TUSR-1139/hero/936086

So thats where I am at now from just getting back.

How much gold do you have?

Drop the source and get one with crit chance. Get more Attack Speed on your pieces. My CM wizard is like really entry level but I only put like 5-10M I believe into her. Had some lucky drops though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/12162490

Try and mimic some of those pieces. Others will have better suggestions. Upgrade the green star for higher crit damage. Will get you more DPS.

VALKYRAY

Banned
What do you call this shit?
Jay Wilsoned?

Mr3QZQ3.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Well I might need to stay alive later. I found a weapon that upgraded my damage a LOT. Now I just obliterate everything in 1 or 2 hits, bosses included.

Think I'm going to start a new toon and get back into d3. Haven't played in ages. Here is my id if anyone wants to add me and group up sometime :)

plbelanger#1923

Tarazet

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TUSR-1139/hero/936086

So thats where I am at now from just getting back.

Get yourself a Triumvirate. You have a pretty good black weapon, given that you have LOH on your ring and amulet, so you should see a very large improvement even with a shitty Trum because the + elemental damage stats inherent on them will all stack.

I would trade your gloves for something with CC and CD, because your CD is way too low. Your amulet has excellent defensive stats, but other than LOH, they'd be better placed in an armor piece and the amulet should have, again, CC and CD. Same with your Oculus Ring. And on the defensive side, you have far too little resist all.

So basically:

1) Get a Triumvirate, with CD if you can afford it.
2) Replace your helm, shoulders, belt and bracers ASAP with pieces that have Int, Vit, Resist All and any extra resist.
3) Look for more CD generally. A bigger emerald, rings, amulets, offhand.. anywhere you can get it.

Shifty76

So basically:

2) Replace your helm, shoulders, belt and bracers ASAP with pieces that have Int, Vit, Resist All and any extra resist.
3) Look for more CD generally. A bigger emerald, rings, amulets, offhand.. anywhere you can get it.

CD doesn't roll on off-hand items, unless you're talking barb/monk off-hand weapons.
CC yes, CD no.

TUSR

Banned
Get yourself a Triumvirate. You have a pretty good black weapon, given that you have LOH on your ring and amulet, so you should see a very large improvement even with a shitty Trum because the + elemental damage stats inherent on them will all stack.

I would trade your gloves for something with CC and CD, because your CD is way too low. Your amulet has excellent defensive stats, but other than LOH, they'd be better placed in an armor piece and the amulet should have, again, CC and CD. Same with your Oculus Ring. And on the defensive side, you have far too little resist all.

So basically:

Triumvirate has a random magic property, but if CD isn't an option, then a Vit roll is probably the best choice.

Thanks for the info, where would I be able to find out some of the top Wizard builds? And ill look at getting a Triumvirate after work today.

And the Hell Fire ring, it says 35% more bonus experience. That only applies to killing streaks right? (And monsters killed in 1 hit)

turnbuckle

You can't get a socket on that knife for 15 million.

That's the knife I made a mint on. Mine had over 1k dps, a socket, 90 something crit, 190ish int, and a measly 2.8 life steal.

800m and it sold quick. Was trying to get over a billion for it but grew impatient :p

DSmalls84

I had one with a socket at around that price range. It had mid 800 dps. Unless I'm completely spacing. Which is possible.

I think an equivalent with a socket is probably 30 mil minimum not to mention the Gem to put in it would probably be just about as much. Guess I just need to wait and farm some more. Found a lot of legendarys last weekend but they were all garbage. 2 Lamentations in 1 run :(

I think an equivalent with a socket is probably 30 mil minimum not to mention the Gem to put in it would probably be just about as much. Guess I just need to wait and farm some more. Found a lot of legendarys last weekend but they were all garbage. 2 Lamentations in 1 run :(

Just keep saving. You'll like the bigger improvements. When you do get a soc in that, just put an 80% CD gem in to save money.

oktarb

I was playing PoE for a bit and wanted to come back to D3 and see a fresh comparison. D3 hands down wins on impact, weight and feel of attacks, monster variety and polish of the game. I also got way more excited by loot drops.

I think PoE really only has a couple of things going for it. One, the passive skill tree is awesome. Deep and really makes you want to play with builds. The Gems are a neat idea but need some more work, they level up sure but they don't really feel that great. I commend the PoE guys for their game, they sure as hell put their heart and soul into it and nor did they have the vast resources of Blizzard.

The real stand out in PoE that D3 should rip off and then just got to court over ;) is the loot maps. A map drops with a rarity rating and it has special attributes like "All monsters Resist fire" these dungeons can only be run once or trice, I forget and they're randomized, contain a ton of loot and slightly more powerful monsters. D3 tried something like this with the Key master dudes or whatever but they make it way too hard to get a set of keys. If I come on to play I sure as hell don't want to play the campaign for the 10,000 time.

neoism

I was playing PoE for a bit and wanted to come back to D3 and see a fresh comparison. D3 hands down wins on impact, weight and feel of attacks, monster variety and polish of the game. I also got way more excited by loot drops.

I think PoE really only has a couple of things going for it. One, the passive skill tree is awesome. Deep and really makes you want to play with builds. The Gems are a neat idea but need some more work, they level up sure but they don't really feel that great. I commend the PoE guys for their game, they sure as hell put their heart and soul into it and nor did they have the vast resources of Blizzard.

The real stand out in PoE that D3 should rip off and then just got to court over ;) is the loot maps. A map drops with a rarity rating and it has special attributes like "All monsters Resist fire" these dungeons can only be run once or trice, I forget and they're randomized, contain a ton of loot and slightly more powerful monsters. D3 tried something like this with the Key master dudes or whatever but they make it way too hard to get a set of keys. If I come on to play I sure as hell don't want to play the campaign for the 10,000 time.

yeah realllllly shame they never had map, but they where probably like ""they'll just say we copied TL... man i love map in TL... also I really don't know if they were in D2s endgame never got there... stop at act 2 normal

i love watching kripp play on the high level though but haven't played much from the shitty DCs and the fact the the game is great , but combat is boring...

turnbuckle

Yeah, one of the things I really loved about torchlight was buying maps and playing through them. I could lose several days just playing through maps I bought before continuing on with the actual story. Those would be wonderful in D3.

Tarazet

I think there must be some kind of rested item drop. At least 5 times, I've come home from work and had a decent legendary drop within 5 minutes. Yesterday it was an Inna's Radiance upgrade worth about 20-25 mil.

uyW8CYE.jpg

turnbuckle

Worth a shot! Good idea with making the crafted stuff a set, I hadn't seen that before.

Thanks! Lots of good ideas being shot around in there. Many of which would probably require an overhaul of the game that's beyond the scope of a patch, but certainly worth mentioning. A lot of times it feels like talking to a wall on their forums, but we know the wall is at least paying attention whether it decides to talk back or not.

I think there must be some kind of rested item drop. At least 5 times, I've come home from work and had a decent legendary drop within 5 minutes. Yesterday it was an Inna's Radiance upgrade worth about 20-25 mil.

uyW8CYE.jpg

Ive suggested this before, and suggested the forced extra item when you have 5 stacks makes it more common to get multiple rares than a legendary but when you dont have the forced rare its more common for a legendary to drop.

Last night the first goblin in festering woods on our mp10 run dropped vile wards. This happens far too often and people consistently say the first enemy i killed or the first chest I opened dropped this...

Yet you can slay for hours through runs and not see anything sometimes...last night I didnt see anything but a ivory shield for four hours.

Shifty76

I've been running max MF on my TR monk trying to find a homunculus. Running MP10 A3 hell.
One run of Core-Skycrown-twr damned 1-crater 2-twr cursed 1 & 2 takes about 5 mins, so I'll do 7-8 of them in a go before I get bored and do something else.

Haven't seen a single legendary in over a week now, so that'd be around 50 runs at max MF for zero drops. Stupid RNG.

I know, people will suggest farming inferno to find drops that I can sell to just buy a homunculus, but I've leveled 5 characters to 60, my monk is at plvl 64 or 65 and the most gold I've ever had on hand is what I have right now (just under 40m) and I need minimum 200m for the homunculus & ring/amulet for 0cd dogs.

Maybe I should just stick to flipping items on the AH. I seem to be able to make 2-3m a day doing that easy without really trying so if I spent that hour flipping items instead of doing loot runs I imagine I could bump that up to 20m a day easy enough.

Vio-Lence

Banned
it seems to happen quite a bit for me when playing higher mps (8 or 9). i got a windforce and a nat's helm on my first few mobs in an act 2 key run last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom