• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

Heh, I've gotten a bit lucky to have bought up a bunch of em awhile back when people were pricing them pretty cheaply (sub 100m). Still have a few left to unload and haven't even looked into buying more because selling shields is about as fun as playing Diablo III right now.

turnbuckle

the one I sold had 30 block, 10 cc. I had one on ah with 33 block and 9.5 cc that didn't sell for over a week at around 180m but I put it up for around 300m and it sold in minutes. I don't pretend to understand people lol.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I need to vent.

A few days ago, one of my friends on my list had an amulet drop. Int Vit Armor IAS CC CD. Adds 5K life and 10K DPS to my wizard above the amulet she has now.

Thing is, my amulet is my only LOH source for normal farming, and the one that he found, though very nice as I told him it was, is something that I say I wouldn't be interested in having.

Based on market prices he tries listing it a few days at around 400M or so and gets no bites. He tells me about this every time I log on. He asks me questions like "what would you need to have this" and "how much would something like this need to be priced where it would be something that you would buy", and so on. I explain how I'd need to alter other gear pieces around to justify using it. I assume that he continuously asks me questions like this because he knows that I have a few hundred million laying around, and I have lent (and subsequently have had repaid) him some amounts of money a few times.

Finally today it's more of the same and I snap and just buy three pieces for a total of 60M to get it resolved. 11M on BT pants, 11M on a 4.5 Crow, and 31M on Lacuni with 100+ Vit some Int and 3.5 CC. Return to the game later and find him. He lets me borrow it and we do MP10 ubers, and can do 2/3 but not Magda SK. The new gear puts me precisely at 2.73 APS, and overall gains me +10K life and +7K DPS. I had to spend 60M to get him to realize this, and I know that if he wants to come to terms with selling me the damnable amulet that it would bankrupt me, regardless of his allowing me to pay it in installments.

Meanwhile, the amulet that I currently have is a trifecta with 625 LOH, and I asked if he would consider receiving that in trade for partial value of his amulet. He declined.

Is there some phrase in English that I don't know about that I can say which will get him to accept that I don't think bankrupting myself by spending ~300M for +10K life and +7K DPS is something that I want to do? Did I really need to spend 60M on relative trash to get to this point?

JFC I get that it's a nice item but I think I know what the fuck I'm talking about, guy. Christ.

kennah

All I got from that is that you have a few hundred million laying around and I should be joining your games more. ;)

In all seriousness, I dont' know man, so hard dealing with people who just don't get it when you say no over and over and over again.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Well see, that's another aspect of it too - I have that money from continuously flipping peanuts for a few mil or a few hundred K at a time, as I have done since May. I've refined my niche, and it is low risk low reward, but it is something that I have never taken a loss on so I'm comfortable with it and I don't mind letting wealth accumulate slowly, particularly while I have no pressing need to upgrade anything.

I haven't sold anything that I had found as a drop in at least a month.

So yeah, sure, I could piss all that I have accumulated away on that, but then how long would it take for me to get that much back.

Well see, that's another aspect of it too - I have that money from continuously flipping peanuts for a few mil or a few hundred K at a time, as I have done since May. I've refined my niche, and it is low risk low reward, but it is something that I have never taken a loss on so I'm comfortable with it and I don't mind letting wealth accumulate slowly, particularly while I have no pressing need to upgrade anything.

I haven't sold anything that I had found as a drop in at least a month.

So yeah, sure, I could piss all that I have accumulated away on that, but then how long would it take for me to get that much back.

Its much easier to flip when you have the cash too. Before I had no money now I see items that are underpriced and have enough to buy some mid stuff now and it lets me flip and make a profit. So yea keep it.

Its powerful stuff.

TUSR

Banned
So I found this
QLF4Duv.png

Got a Vit roll on it, how useful is bats? And any idea on a price?

turnbuckle

if you think that amount of an upgrade is a big deal for farming, I would say make an offer that won't bankrupt you but won't heavily short change your friend. I wouldn't dream of spending that much for a farming amulet, but we all have different priorities. this post isn't helping ya much, but if I were in your shoes I never would have bought that other gear unless you already had the amulet. now your friend is being pressured into selling something because you decided to gear for something that you might have expected would result in this situation.

or your friend sucks.

let me know how it all plays out ( if you don't mind)

I've given away probably a billion+ worth of stuff to friends. if I find an upgrade for a good friend's main character I usually give it to them free or trade it 1 for 1 with the piece it'd be replacing ( more so it doesn't make the other person feel indebted than to try and squeeze value out of a gift). if I were your friend in this situation that's probably exactly what I'd do.

turnbuckle

btw I hate trying to scroll up and down when typing or editing a post on gaf mobile( at least on my s3). shit is almost frustrating enough to go buy a new laptop lol

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
They need to add a 1 click solution for gem crafting. Sitting there for half an hour crafting gems is not fun. I'm dreading having to craft more gems when marquise get implemented.

Rufus

Rubies are great for twinking weapons in hardcore and now they'll be even better. Good. Because fuck extra health and health link mobs.

DSmalls84

Well yesterday was a new record for finding Legendary gear for me:

Firewalker
Gladiator Gauntlets
Ik gloves
Vile Ward
Doombringer
LVL 63 2 handed mighty weapon ( can't remember the name but it was garbage)
Nat's Cloak
Cindercoat

All of them were pretty much garbage, but at least I'm finding them regular now. Did they tweak drop rates since 1.0.5 any? Seems like way more than I was getting then. I'm running 140 base MF, lvl 18 Paragon, and running on MP1 so I only have like 240ish mf.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/Public_Test_Realm_--_Patch_107_Notes_Updated_130-1_30_2013

lol marquise topaz now does an additional 300 thorns damage. they lowered demonic essence droprate and buff base main stat rolls by 100 for new crafting mats.

Good changes. After seeing that video yesterday I had no intention of crafting anything with 100 main stat. With 200+, I'll have to think about it.

Also, awesome that they scaled the Rubies up. Should be great for alts.

Cipherr

WTF man... is thorns really any good at all for anyone? I mean, don't you need one of those class specific passives to make thorns builds worth a shit? I dont understand why they didnt MASSIVELY buff the thorns gem the 3x the value the just buffed it to on the PTR. I mean damn, at least make us consider about using it.

oktarb

I've been trying to get my keys for the infernal machine but man 6 runs now and no drops at MP3. I doubt I can handle a much higher MP without death grinding Elites. Wish you could but the mats.

Shifty76

I've been trying to get my keys for the infernal machine but man 6 runs now and no drops at MP3. I doubt I can handle a much higher MP without death grinding Elites. Wish you could but the mats.

NA? EU?

If NA, add me Shifty76 #1953.

I usually run them on MP7-8, so feel free to add me & jump in.
Will likely be on around 8-9 EST tonight for an hour or so

Tarazet

I did MP4 runs with my Enchantress in MF gear. The only one that needed a second run was A3. I felt like such an ass.

There's a lot of retrurning / new faces in here. I won't be playing much until 1.0.7 launches, but feel free to add me. I can help with keys, ubers and any of these new crafting missions as well.

fenderputty#1180

Mayyhem

There's a lot of retrurning / new faces in here. I won't be playing much until 1.0.7 launches, but feel free to add me. I can help with keys, ubers and any of these new crafting missions as well.

fenderputty#1180

Yeah I've noticed that too, everyone feel free to add me for the same reasons as well. I'll be on a lot more when 1.07 goes live.

Mayyhem#1529

Shifty76

NA? EU?

If NA, add me Shifty76 #1953.

I usually run them on MP7-8, so feel free to add me & jump in.
Will likely be on around 8-9 EST tonight for an hour or so

OK, Chivalry patch just dropped, so scratch that idea of me being on D3 tonight!
Will likely be on at some point either Friday night or during the weekend though.

Check it out, they're finally making sweeping wind cyclones go in the direction you're facing. I posted that one in the bug forum a few months ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/Public_Test_Realm_--_Patch_107_Notes_Updated_130-1_30_2013

Some other updates in there too - beefing up the lower level rubies, and a weird nerf to demonic essence drop rate with higher monster power.

I never knew that was a bug either. Always just assumed they were supposed to fly all over the place all willy nilly like.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, it's something that you'd probably never notice, kind of like those videos with the gorilla guy walking through the crowd of researchers passing the basketball.

It remembers the direction you were facing when it was cast, but usually we're busy fighting so it's not something we'd pay attention to. I usually cast it facing up so less stuff dies offscreen.

Here's that bug post - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794210628

I'm happy they went with the suggestion of making them go in your current direction instead of just making them completely random - I like the idea of directing the storm.

Tarazet

Yeah, it's something that you'd probably never notice, kind of like those videos with the gorilla guy walking through the crowd of researchers passing the basketball.

It remembers the direction you were facing when it was cast, but usually we're busy fighting so it's not something we'd pay attention to. I usually cast it facing up so less stuff dies offscreen.

Here's that bug post - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794210628

I'm happy they went with the suggestion of making them go in your current direction instead of just making them completely random - I like the idea of directing the storm.

I've noticed that Cyclones usually spawn behind me, and then they start sparking like crazy and amusement commences. Call it the Foul Cyclone build.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Other than the fun factor, it's actually a bit of a buff - more of your zaps hit the target (by cyclones traveling across it, or into the crowd)

What could I sell a 1075dps, 180 int, 80CD, 10IAS, 1soc Manticore for?

Looking on the A/house shows prices from 1mill to 20 mill lol.

I'm still trying to get rid of my ~1000 dps, 300 int, 2 socket manticore it didnt go for 25M 15M or 10M...I put it down to 5M-8M buyout so hopefully it goes this time.

I dunno what the deal with that is...guess its too slow AS for most wizards but I feel 300 int is a ton. I almost never see 300 str weapons that would be insane DPS.

larvi

I'm still trying to get rid of my ~1000 dps, 300 int, 2 socket manticore it didnt go for 25M 15M or 10M...I put it down to 5M-8M buyout so hopefully it goes this time.

I dunno what the deal with that is...guess its too slow AS for most wizards but I feel 300 int is a ton. I almost never see 300 str weapons that would be insane DPS.

I don't think wizards can use xbows, WDs can but they can't use a mojo with it so it's just like any other 2h weapon for them. You can get a 300+ int skorn with 180+ crit damage and socket for a couple of hundred K with a lot more dps than that.

I don't think wizards can use xbows, WDs can but they can't use a mojo with it so it's just like any other 2h weapon for them. You can get a 300+ int skorn with 180+ crit damage and socket for a couple of hundred K with a lot more dps than that.

So its useless? I wish someone would have told me that when I posted it pages ago lol.

larvi

just checked the AH, looks like I was wrong, wizards can use 2h xbows. But again they would probably just go with skorn over a manticore for a 2h weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom