• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Of course it does. That's a lot of bonus MF.

Maybe I should just stick to flipping items on the AH. I seem to be able to make 2-3m a day doing that easy without really trying so if I spent that hour flipping items instead of doing loot runs I imagine I could bump that up to 20m a day easy enough.
Something something trade simulator something something.

Tarazet

Ive suggested this before, and suggested the forced extra item when you have 5 stacks makes it more common to get multiple rares than a legendary but when you dont have the forced rare its more common for a legendary to drop.

Last night the first goblin in festering woods on our mp10 run dropped vile wards. This happens far too often and people consistently say the first enemy i killed or the first chest I opened dropped this...

Yet you can slay for hours through runs and not see anything sometimes...last night I didnt see anything but a ivory shield for four hours.

It's not really a forced extra item, it's an extra added roll that is independent of the other rolls. But it seems like there is a "reward for logging in today" legendary more frequently than there ought to be.

Haven't played this game since about June of last year...Maybe it's just me but has it gotten easier? Started playing with a barb and just beat act 1 no problem....it's like I didn't even have to try

Tarazet

OK, that explains it. Haven't seen any of the crazy mobs yet either the invulnerable types that I remember being so annoying

I think they took out invulnerable minions, I haven't seen that affix since I started back up. As a monk, my "favorite" is Arcane Molten Horde Shielding. I always know I'll have a blast playing Mario Bros. when I see those.

Shifty76

I think they took out invulnerable minions, I haven't seen that affix since I started back up. As a monk, my "favorite" is Arcane Molten Horde Shielding. I always know I'll have a blast playing Mario Bros. when I see those.

I had two arcane horde packs right next to eachother in Keeps 2. The entire screen was purple laser beams of death. I think one had frozen and another had vortex so as soon as I escaped the beams they'd just vortex me right back into the freeze balls and the lasers would shred me.

That one took a few deaths/respawns to take down, but 60k or so in repair bills later I managed it.

I think I have a screenshot of that somewhere it was so crazy.

I dont think it seems like much...you are basically paying a premium to craft with a guaranteed main stat.

Also they said demonic essences drop frequently and they got all the plans pretty quickly.

I've been saving gems and brimstones and essences so I should get to craft a bunch. Tomes and Essences are going to go up a bunch I bet...probably could make some money buying tons of them and then selling them.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Haven't played this game since about June of last year...Maybe it's just me but has it gotten easier? Started playing with a barb and just beat act 1 no problem....it's like I didn't even have to try

Yes its way easier and blizzard is still nerfing reflect damage in the next patch.

BTW, can anyone tell me point me to the best or recommended build for barbarian these days? runes, skills etc etc

Bash (Instigation or Punish) or Frenzy (Vanguard or Maniac)
WW (Hurricane)
Sprint (Run Like the Wind)
WoTB (Thrive on Chaos)
Battle Rage (into the fray)
War Cry (Impunity) - if you need resistance

Ruthless, Weapon Master, and whatever passive you need. I like Animosity for low MP levels, then I usually take Tough as Nails for higher MP.

It's ptr, drop rate might be higher so its easier for people to test out the new crafting system

I dunno why they'd do that, they probably want real experience testing their drop rates.

Plus we havent heard any changes...I don't think they are making the drop hard, I think they want this added gold sink in and people using it.

Tarazet

Bash (Instigation or Punish) or Frenzy (Vanguard or Maniac)
WW (Hurricane)
Sprint (Run Like the Wind)
WoTB (Thrive on Chaos)
Battle Rage (into the fray)
War Cry (Impunity) - if you need resistance

Ruthless, Weapon Master, and whatever passive you need. I like Animosity for low MP levels, then I usually take Tough as Nails for higher MP.

We've got a WW Barb in our group and there's a known problem with disconnecting from the game while whirlwinding. It has cost him many a nephalem stack.

turnbuckle

We've got a WW Barb in our group and there's a known problem with disconnecting from the game while whirlwinding. It has cost him many a nephalem stack.

That's odd, I've never experienced this. Is it something that's only been happening in the last week or so? I do get rubber banding pretty bad every now and then with my ww barb that's cost me a death or two.

Shifty76

Seems odd that he's losing his stacks. If you rejoin your party you keep the stacks & it's been that way for a while now. Same with ubers - you can jump back in after they die and still get your organ.

Maybe suggest to your friend that he try running the game in windowed full screen mode. I had d/c's when using tempest rush, but haven't had a single one since I switched to windowed.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I've experienced a few disconnects, but i don't know if they were whirlwind related. i've experienced them on my wizard as well. its usually single player so it never bothered me much. farming levels is mindless anyways.

Tarazet

I've experienced a few disconnects, but i don't know if they were whirlwind related. i've experienced them on my wizard as well. its usually single player so it never bothered me much. farming levels is mindless anyways.

I think he said he runs in windowed full screen. Anyway, as a Monk I've experienced maybe one DC total.

Ploid 3.0

Ok, no longer interested in the new crafting. However it may get some people to buy gold from blizzard. Good for them.

So I guess the whole new stuff that drop from specific bosses was those plans huh? No different interesting loot?

Raptomex

I recently reformatted my PC, am I going to have an issue with this WinAuth program? That's what I used to login (to avoid hacking) last time I logged in to play. I basically need to reinstall D3 and WinAuth.

Vodh

It's ptr, drop rate might be higher so its easier for people to test out the new crafting system

Read the preview notes, the plans are a 50% chance drop from bosses on any MP in Inferno. They're not meant to be hard to come by, they are meant to provide a money sink.

Tarazet

Got some interesting upgrades. I was given an amulet and bracers which, together, nearly doubled my effective hit points without impacting my DPS at all. Suddenly those MP4 key runs were a lot less threatening, even with 520 resist all. The knockback on the Strongarm Bracers is kind of distressing though, because it's like elite mob knockback, it really sends them flying.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

DSmalls84

Thought I was having a really good run earlier when I found IK gloves and Vile Ward back to back...until I saw the stats. Oh well back to the grind.

TUSR

Banned
Thought I was having a really good run earlier when I found IK gloves and Vile Ward back to back...until I saw the stats. Oh well back to the grind.

Ive found 3 absolutely trash legendaries this week in two nights of playing for 1-2 hours each.

having a lot of fun with this game now. My arcane orb build can do MP4 runs and my DPS is sitting around 90k with my Triumvirate

Vio-Lence

Banned

Finding a legendary that will sell on the AH or that you can use is pretty rare in my opinion. Most of the time its brimstone time.

The last good legendary i found was lacuni prowlers with 6 CC, 9AS, 50 STR.

RivalCore

Got some interesting upgrades. I was given an amulet and bracers which, together, nearly doubled my effective hit points without impacting my DPS at all. Suddenly those MP4 key runs were a lot less threatening, even with 520 resist all. The knockback on the Strongarm Bracers is kind of distressing though, because it's like elite mob knockback, it really sends them flying.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

I want to say that you have a massive amount of life. Too much as strange as that sounds. You could easily switch out the gems in chest for Dex gems for a DPS boost.

Tarazet

Finding a legendary that will sell on the AH or that you can use is pretty rare in my opinion. Most of the time its brimstone time.

The last good legendary i found was lacuni prowlers with 6 CC, 9AS, 50 STR.

I had really good luck, found a Natalya's Ring really early on with 126 Dex, 72 Vit, 9% IAS and life regen, and more recently an Inna's Radiance with 165 Dex, Vit, 6% CC, fire resist and resist all. My SO found a pair of Strongarm Bracers with 167 Dex, 52 Vit, 8% life, extra armor and 4.5% CC last night and gave them to me.

Also found a Strength-based Echoing Fury that sold for 15M and a Strength-based Mempo that sold for 10M. But between those of course, easily 20 others that became brimstones or sold for 100k.

I want to say that you have a massive amount of life. Too much as strange as that sounds. You could easily switch out the gems in chest for Dex gems for a DPS boost.

Probably. I just got the amulet yesterday and went from 30K to over 40K, so I can regem later today provided I've got enough Emeralds.

Wow they really did nerf this game a lot since release. I just cleared every boss on normal literally just standing there using bash as a barbarian. I didn't move around or anything. Beat diablo had to be less than a minute lol. Lvl 31 using no gear whatsoever from auction house. Everything was either dropped or crafted. But at least they fixed drops. Actually found 2 legendaries on normal playthrough. Never found one when I played back at release w/ demon hunter up to act 2 inferno.

Shifty76

Wow they really did nerf this game a lot since release. I just cleared every boss on normal literally just standing there using bash as a barbarian. I didn't move around or anything. Beat diablo had to be less than a minute lol. Lvl 31 using no gear whatsoever from auction house. Everything was either dropped or crafted. But at least they fixed drops. Actually found 2 legendaries on normal playthrough. Never found one when I played back at release w/ demon hunter up to act 2 inferno.

Set to MP10 on normal/nm/hell. Makes the early game much more interesting, plus you'll be gaining a level every couple of packs for the first while.

My DH clocked level 60 at the start of A2 hell using MP10 & cain's set. Suppose I should get him through the rest of hell and inferno at some point...

Tarazet

Inventory on the auction house is enormous because no one is buying anything (because it's slow as shit). I haven't been able to sell anything for any amount of money. When is the server maintenance supposed to be?

Inventory on the auction house is enormous because no one is buying anything (because it's slow as shit). I haven't been able to sell anything for any amount of money. When is the server maintenance supposed to be?

I've been selling a ton of stuff and flipping a bunch I turned 30M into 73M in about 2 weeks.

However the AH is slow and annoying. I wanted to snipe a pair of Str/Vit Life 12% Vile Wards and I put 20M in and bid at the last 20 seconds cause I knew it would take long, it ended up taking like 35 seconds auction ended and it said Outbid. As in my bid was accepted and then someone else snagged it before,dunno about all that felt I got screwed.

Ughh. Shoulders you cant really win I'm trying to keep around 200str and High Vit and keep the Life % while getting 70-80 AR. I was gunna sacrifice like 300 dps and 5k health for 75AR...I guess the extra armor and regen on the Wards make it more attractive but damn anything worth anything is priced so high.

Tarazet

I've been selling a ton of stuff and flipping a bunch I turned 30M into 73M in about 2 weeks.

However the AH is slow and annoying. I wanted to snipe a pair of Str/Vit Life 12% Vile Wards and I put 20M in and bid at the last 20 seconds cause I knew it would take long, it ended up taking like 35 seconds auction ended and it said Outbid. As in my bid was accepted and then someone else snagged it before,dunno about all that felt I got screwed.

Ughh. Shoulders you cant really win I'm trying to keep around 200str and High Vit and keep the Life % while getting 70-80 AR. I was gunna sacrifice like 300 dps and 5k health for 75AR...I guess the extra armor and regen on the Wards make it more attractive but damn anything worth anything is priced so high.

I'm starting to feel like prices are going to have to come down. There's a lot more people playing, but they're also getting a lot more drops and supplying the AH much better lately. Meanwhile there isn't a corresponding increase in gold, because folks don't really farm gold. If anything, they pull out their credit card.

Tarazet

I think I might restart and go all self found gear. Maybe go with a monk.

It's perfectly viable, if only because of the crafters. Will be even moreso in 1.0.7. You spend your gold combining gems and making gear instead of getting the best roll on the AH, which is valid. It might even save you gold, as long as you don't mind missing out on the set bonuses. The problem currently is, all the best rare patterns are ilevel 62, which means they can't be as good as 63 rolls or the enhanced low-level items that drop off of elite packs periodically.

jkanownik

I somehow managed to sell all four of my RMAH items on Monday/Tuesday at decent prices, but I haven't been back on the store since I listed them on Monday.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I haven't played this game since june last year, but did they nerf inferno (or buff wizard) since then? I remember having a much harder time in Act 2 back then.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I haven't played this game since june last year, but did they nerf inferno (or buff wizard) since then? I remember having a much harder time in Act 2 back then.

yes to inferno nerf, but they added more difficulty levels, so you can nudge your way back up to what it kindasorta was like.

turnbuckle

I'm starting to feel like prices are going to have to come down. There's a lot more people playing, but they're also getting a lot more drops and supplying the AH much better lately. Meanwhile there isn't a corresponding increase in gold, because folks don't really farm gold. If anything, they pull out their credit card.

meanwhile I sold another stormshield today for 230m :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom