• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

larvi

Yep, I was hoping they wouldn't start making general changes to skills/equip for the sake of pvp balance. If they want to do that, just make the sets act differently in the pvp arena but keep them the same for the rest of the game.

M.D

Hey guys

I have not played for a very long time.. like 2-3 months I think.
Is the new patch out yet? any major changes coming?

MrDaravon

My main complaint if the nerf the nat set is that as a DH it's still incredibly difficult and absurdly expensive to trade survivability for damage. We just straight up do not have the defensive options other classes do; the boar pet was a step in the right direction for example, but it dies when something looks at it which makes it useless. I don't want to play a glass cannon DH, but it's the only viable option for a end-game DH unless you have hundreds and hundreds of millions to spend in specific gear setups to hardcore stack AR/Vit/etc., and even then you wind up not being as effective as other classes doing the same thing.

I have I think over 350 hours played, almost all on my DH, and I've never even come close to approaching the gear or money I would need to make that tradeoff. So unless they counter that nerf with some sort of buff for DH's I'm probably done. I'm already sick of being more or less forced to play glass cannon because that's what the DH's gear and skillset largely shoehorns you into, and this would just be dropping my damage by a decent amount without any positive tradeoff.

turnbuckle

Hey guys

I have not played for a very long time.. like 2-3 months I think.
Is the new patch out yet? any major changes coming?

Not out yet. Possibly Tuesday, but I'm thinking it'll be another week+.
1.07 Patch Notes as of 1/31/13

So, I was outbid on a blackthornes amulet. Had an 85mish bid on it, got outbid, and never got my gold returned to me.

It's been about 35m since, not sure if I should put up a ticket or not yet.

BTW, nice amulet you bought last night Dog$. I didn't see your messages until this morning. I'm starting to play my wizard some today now, thinking I might focus on her more for a bit since I'm bored of my barb.

IlludiumQ36

Nerfing Crit Damage would open up a lot of variety.
Nerfing Movement speed to make the cap 12% would open up a lot of variety.
Nerfing X will open up variety.
Heck no, unless the base movement is buffed to what 12% is now.

I can barely tolerate this game with anything less than 24% (or 12% + vault/TA). I think I would uninstall if I had to play a character with 0%.

Lol I just won a raffle on todd's JTV channel:

Untitled-63_zpsc401fde3.png

Bunch of mediocre legendarys/set pieces.! Even though a bunch are upgrades and better pieces for me.

turnbuckle

Heck no, unless the base movement is buffed to what 12% is now.

I can barely tolerate this game with anything less than 24% (or 12% + vault/TA). I think I would uninstall if I had to play a character with 0%.

I was being ridiculous in my post. Was just pointing out how saying "nerfing x opens up y possibilities". It doesn't, it only gets rid of the viability of x. People already have the option to self-nerf themselves if they want, Blizzard making a retroactive change to gear to nerf the 10s of people that still play will only drop the population down to the single digits.

Fularu

Banned
Those WW disconnects better be fixed in 1.07 :(

I'm tired of losing my stacks!

Edit : Polish are you doing Ubers right now? I don't want to interfere with your game :)

Vio-Lence

Banned
no didn't have any takers to do some runs, so i hopped in one of neoism's games on my wizard to kill time. now its time to kick back with a beer and watch guys fight in a cage. i have 8 or 9 machines ready to go though, so i'm down to do some ubers any time i'm online. it beats running the same few levels of act 3 ad nauseum.

neoism

no didn't have any takers to do some runs, so i hopped in one of neoism's games on my wizard to kill time. now its time to kick back with a beer and watch guys fight in a cage. i have 8 or 9 machines ready to go though, so i'm down to do some ubers any time i'm online. it beats running the same few levels of act 3 ad nauseum.

was that you lol prob would of done ubers didn't see it if you asked, but don't wanta rick it lol if you and j got on later sure... thanks for the luck been awhile since I got legs.. :p
this game is truly boring solo....

Vio-Lence

Banned
my new initiative is popping in games w/out warning. if i see someone in an open game, i'm joining.

game is inactive as it is, might as well group up from time to time.

ezekial45

Banned
I haven't played the game in 6 months. What are the most substantial changes they've made to the game?

Also, have they added in new weapons and armor?

turnbuckle

got my wizard to plvl 16 today. archon is such lazy fun. I'm more drunk than before. if I were in game is give you all all my gold. I love you all, but I spent most of my gold on my wizard today lol.

really wish we could do more than 4 player. would love to beat the Casio out of act 3 with l all you guys.

Xevren

Man, I've been waiting to play this game forever. Finally got a good custom built pc and really enjoying myself. Course I'm just a lowbie in act 2, but feels good to finally play.

So, my WD is about paragon lvl 43 finally but she gets kinda boring. I was bored and put my gear onto my paragon lvl 6 wiz except the wd only helm ofc and went Archon. I was able to stay in archon form the entire mp0 a3 run and it went a hell lot quicker than on an acid rain wd.. It was kinda fun too. I dunno what to do now with them =\ lol

Vio-Lence

Banned
So, my WD is about paragon lvl 43 finally but she gets kinda boring. I was bored and put my gear onto my paragon lvl 6 wiz except the wd only helm ofc and went Archon. I was able to stay in archon form the entire mp0 a3 run and it went a hell lot quicker than on an acid rain wd.. It was kinda fun too. I dunno what to do now with them =\ lol

I hear that, archon is hard to beat for low level MP paragon grinding. it's very auto pilot, but i kind of find it fun as well. i was thinking about ditching all my alt wizards CM/WW gear, and just gearing completely for archon, i.e. finding a black weapon, triumvirate, tal's neck piece, stacking CC, CD, etc.

butts

Found this yesterday. The rest of my gear is mediocre - can I sell this for a ton or just a few million? Debating on keeping it or not.

Mayyhem

Found this yesterday. The rest of my gear is mediocre - can I sell this for a ton or just a few million? Debating on keeping it or not.

Probably quite a bit, from what I understand 48% is a great amount of CHD on a WH, plus it has vitality and vit sells

Tarazet

50% is max roll for crit damage on TWH, 90-100 is the range for Int and the extra armor + strength + vit makes it a decently tanky piece as well. It could have had a double int roll, but otherwise there's not much to improve on for a Wizard/WD except a better Vit roll.

I'm pretty sick of Dex pieces costing 5-10 times as much as the same pieces with Strength or Int on them. It's very strong disincentive for me to keep playing.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Witching Hours go for at least 15 mil on the EU AH. I don't mean that as a rough approximation: you'll never find one below that threshold, that's the absolute minimum they go for (unless 1.0.7 somehow lessens their value). I got mine for 18 mil I think. Congrats on the easy money.

As far as I am concerned blizzard has no right to nerf gear, simply due to the fact the RMAH exists. It’s like buying a book then having to return it so they can change the ending to something worse. Blizzard brought this on themselves for forcing RMAH in the first place.

turnbuckle

taking the day off because I have a hangover from Hell, but might grind a few levels on my wiz. would like to eventually do cm but my gear needs a lot of work

As far as I am concerned blizzard has no right to nerf gear, simply due to the fact the RMAH exists. It’s like buying a book then having to return it so they can change the ending to something worse. Blizzard brought this on themselves for forcing RMAH in the first place.

When you buy something in the RMAH you have a clear warning that the item could be modified (nerfed) by blizzard anytime/anywhere and you have to acept that at the confirmation....

turnbuckle

When you buy something in the RMAH you have a clear warning that the item could be modified (nerfed) by blizzard anytime/anywhere and you have to acept that at the confirmation....

and Sony has a right to disable everyone's psn games for no reason if they want to. or EA, or valve, or Microsoft, or Amazon. doesn't mean it wouldn't be bullshit.

oktarb

Ran two Infernal Machines over the weekend. I solo'd them both, seems hard to find a group. The first one I was scared it would be super tough so I went in at MP0. Annihilated them in seconds. The next one I went in at MP5 and it was a decent fight, got the spine.

Overall MP5 seems to be my sweet spot for this game. I have to use my skills, move around and think about the combat. Anything higher and the enemy health pools are ridiculous or I get slaughtered in micro seconds by some nasty Elite combo.

turnbuckle

I need a new desk and chair. my wrists get sore/ numb from playing. I have almost everything on my wizard set to mouse, only using left hand to press spacebar to activate archon really and it still gets uncomfortable. I use the same keyboard at work and home and similar mouse and don't have the issue at work, but I almost instantly feel uncomfortable at my home desk. been keeping me from playing much lately.

IKEA has a nice l shaped height adjustable desk that would be perfect but the shipping cost of over $300 costs more than the desk itself.

for chair I'm just waiting for an embody, leap, or think chair to come available on craigslist for$400 or so nearby.

I kicked the keyboard/ mouse drawer off my desk last night in frustration of wanting to do a drunk run but feeling uncomfortable within minutes after sitting down :/

Shifty76

Try getting a Witching Hour or Mempo with Dex. It's silly.

I paid 16m for my dex WH a couple of weeks ago.
Granted, not the best rolls on it (75 dex, 9 IAS, 35% CD & some fire resist for OWE) but I didn't consider that a silly price at all.

Oh, also: MP9 ubers can go DIAF. Ran them twice over the weekend and whiffed on the eye twice. I now have 6 spines & 6 fangs but zero eyes. Guess I should stick to MP10...

There's only one random roll. STR is expensive and so is AR.

I was wondering about that because I'm pretty sure I saw Str + Vit Inna Temperance Pants...I think they were all 9 digit range in cost too.

turnbuckle can you get a picture of your current setup?

I dunno I dont even sit in a chair I sit on a exercise ball, its supposed to be better for your back/core. Possibly try a gel wrist piece thingy...

Shifty76

I was wondering about that because I'm pretty sure I saw Str + Vit Inna Temperance Pants...I think they were all 9 digit range in cost too.

turnbuckle can you get a picture of your current setup?

I dunno I dont even sit in a chair I sit on a exercise ball, its supposed to be better for your back/core. Possibly try a gel wrist piece thingy...

Str/vit can roll together on one affix, so highly likely you saw it. but they're not going to be as high of a roll as you would see on a single str or vit roll.

Tarazet

Str/vit can roll together on one affix, so highly likely you saw it. but they're not going to be as high of a roll as you would see on a single str or vit roll.

Split rolls? That explains a lot of the really awful legendaries I've seen. Is that a legendary-only thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom